The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Personally, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the whole 'New Beginnings' thing...

Announcing a change in command, announcing a new company order, (though they kind of had to announce Hogan's coming in, can't keep a thing like that a secret), seems like it would lift the fans expectations through the roof, and from my experience, these 'New Beginnings' rarely if ever live up to those expectations.

Way back in WCW, way back when, you never really heard about it when there was a power change behind the scenes, (at least I didn't). You didn't notice that the product was better or worse until it was.

Then came all the changes, the Vinnie Ru Era and all of those, and we know how all that turned out.

The festive night monday did bring out the mark in me, and I enjoyed Impact quite a lot as I watched it, but going forward, I can't help but wonder how TNA's gonna fare once the new wears off.

Hope some of this makes sense, it sounded so much better in my head.

:o

Either Bisschoff or an upcoming surprise. Better not be Leslie or *shudders* Nick as they didn't show him in the crowd. Edit: Or Horace for that matter, man that guy is so inconsequential he doesn't even get mentioned when people bring up Hogan hangers on Lackey's and he is his freaking nephew lol.

Someone over at PWI took a close look apparently and in his article he mentions that the dude had different clothes on then Biscchoff had later in the show. He thought it was a fake tease for Shane O Mac.

Link:

http://www.pwinsiderxtra.com/ViewArticle.php?id=15279&p=1

He makes some other nice points as well.

BTW If Shane shows I am sure Hell will be melting asap given the rage of McMahon and the office staffers he will kill. Lol

He also says that Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho and The Big Show have never drawn viewers in their whole careers, so I think his "nice points" might be a touch biased.

Really, lol. I bet he works for TNA and wants wrestling to return to the days of Andre and Ultimate Warrior.

Shane would never go to TNA, just can't see it ever happening.

I'm all for competition but the production of iMPACT needs improving and not liking so many older guys being brought in.

Scott Hall looks to be not even close to being in decent shape and can the Nasty Boys actually wrestle still? It'd be a complete disaster to let them into the ring at all.

The AJ Styles and Angle match was superb but TNA seem to be trying far too hard to be identical to WWE, I'd love them to just concentrate on themselves and making their impressive young wrestlers look like legit stars.

This is sounding like a rant against TNA but I really want them to succeed and not throw away several years of hard work and graft which has got them where they are.

Wrestling Observer:

The Wrestling Observer reported earlier today that Ric Flair has signed a 65 date deal with TNA which will see him work those dates over the course of a year.

I spoke to a source today who has provided me with more details concerning Flair's current TNA deal. Apparently, Flair had been holding out on signing a deal with TNA as he was unsure about the contract he was receiving and wanted a deal directly with Panda Energy. However, in an effort to get Flair on Impact this past Monday night, TNA offered him a much higher amount of money than he had expected, which made the deal something Flair could not refuse.

Additionally, it's being said that TNA is very high on Flair at the moment because they see him as someone who could potentially boost the company's popularity in various international markets. TNA wants to use him as an ambassador of sorts, and as someone who can represent the company internationally to ultimately help make it appear more major league.

Some feel, however, that Flair's heart is not really in TNA, and that he is simply taking the big pay day without much interest in where the company actually goes.

It should also be noted that in addition to using Flair as an "ambassador," TNA still plans to use him as an on-air character and as a sporadic wrestler.

I wonder how much.

Wait its possible it was shane o' mac. If it was it can only mean one thing IT REALLY IS WCW ALL OVER AGAIN. Vinnie Mac owning the "alternative" I think I just puked.

Bingo!

Why would Shane turn his back on his family? It's not like Vince and Shane had some type of huge fallout.

So if it was Shane it would mean exactly what you said in your post.

I cant think of one possible reason Shane would get into TNA. He will never need money, if he wanted to stay in wrestling he would have stayed with the E or used his name to start up a new company.

Seriously, why would Vince organise another wrestling company having shows at the same time as RAW? Far out conspiracy theory...

Haha! Very good point. Bring in Bret Hart the same night as he is trying to organize another show with headliners such as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and Jeff Hardy would be bizzarre.

He is Vince McMahon though so anything is possible.

Actually, I was just saying what it WOULD BE if it REALLY was shane mcmahon. But now you have me wanting to defend it lol.

Maybe Vince wants to make revenue from certain wrestlers that can STILL PULL MONEY, but he doesnt want them on his A COMPANY so he got himself a B COMPANY. Lol

READ THIS: This is a joke. If it really happens know that I was JOKING. Vinnie Mac, if your reading this BUY TNA. Its a good stop for your STARS WHO ARE TO EXHAUSTED FOR THE ROAD LIFE, Keep them here a while, till they are up to going back to your A COMPANY lol

The fact that you would use that point as evidence that he doesn't own both is exactly why he would do it! :p

And the terrible production of the show as another point of evidence.

If Vince had hired Hogan and he had made the mistakes he did on Impact the other night. Vince probably would have come out and fired him on the spot:)

WCW promoted Starrcade 97 as THE must see event. The show that big things were going to happen, the peak of a dynasty. They didn't deliver and three months later Vince stopped that 84 week streak Bischoff was on.

I could have sworn it was January 1999, when Foley won the World Title, that WCW's 83 Week Ratings streak ended. A little over a year after Starrcade 97.

I could have sworn it was January 1999, when Foley won the World Title, that WCW's 83 Week Ratings streak ended. A little over a year after Starrcade 97.

Nah it was early 98' that WCW's streak ended in the ratings. When Foley won the title in January 99' that was the point where WCW never won the ratings war ever again when up against RAW.

Nah it was early 98' that WCW's streak ended in the ratings. When Foley won the title in January 99' that was the point where WCW never won the ratings war ever again when up against RAW.

The night after Wrestlemania 14 is when RAW first one the night X Pac debuted, etc.

I think the last time WCW won in the ratings was when Flair reformed the Horseman. Legend goes that people were tuned in for Nitro for whatever reason that night when the Foley comment tipped them in favor of winning the night.