The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

The death of TNA is upon us! It's so sad that TNA is fastely becoming another WCW. A great company with such promise and so much energy turned into something that is being ran by a bunch of early 90's wrestlers! Thank you Hulk Hogan!

I would rather see AJ Styles wrestle a 5 star match then to see AJ Styles all over late night. TNA was supposed to be about wrestling right?

I fear for some of the knockouts. I guarantee now that with all these washed up has beens popping up every week that the knockouts are going to be pushed to the corner. Such a shame. Maybe, Hulk should hire Major Gunns and Leia Meow so that they can cat fight for 3 minutes.

I really thought Dixie Carter was a smart business woman. Starting to think otherwise.

Sorry just ranting... TNA was my favorite because they were different. Bring in Hulk and Sean Waltman and you've got WCW/WWE. At least TNA has a 6 sided ring...ooooh wait not after this week. TNA is just another company now :(

Wow...and I used to think Hyde Hill was the insane TNA mark...

Since the 're-launch' the Knockouts are still getting a strong push and multiple segments are being devoted to both the single and tag titles.

I think Dixie is a little naive, but considering she got a company that was bleeding money to turn a profit and has noticeably incresed their public profile...

No one know how the roster additions will work out. It's too early.

TNA started with a four sided ring. What set it apart was the X Division and the in-ring style. Losing the six-sided ring won't affect that for good or bad.

Seriously. It's fine. Get over it.

EDIT: Man, when did I become the designated defender of TNA?

Thats crazy man TNA is doing good right now I've heard that The Outsiders are laying down to Beer Money tonight and once the Nasty Boyz are gone thats good. But IMO TNA needs that one star all over late night all over talk shows to represent TNA. They wont gain new veiwers with just wrestling, I know I wouldn't watch if they had a hour and a half wrestling on Impact ever week I like the unexpected twist and turns of TNA. And as for wrestling have you seen their last three PPVs awsome so just give it time you can't judge what they're going to do in two show so please give it more than two shows and see were everythings going before you say its they death of something.

Since the 're-launch' the Knockouts are still getting a strong push and multiple segments are being devoted to both the single and tag titles.

I think Dixie is a little naive, but considering she got a company that was bleeding money to turn a profit and has noticeably incresed their public profile...

TNA started with a four sided ring. WHat set it apart was the X Division and the in-ring style. Losing the six-sided ring won't affect that for god or bad.

Haha I was just thinking the samething reading your post but I agree with everything you said here

You want the TNA writers, led by Vince Russo, to slow down???

Have you watched TNA the last year or so? :p

I know, I know. Probably a bit hopeful and unrealistic to expect that of a Russo writing team. But since the rush job is sticking out like a sore thumb here, I most likely would propose it to him. And then deal with getting laughed at afterward.

Thats crazy man TNA is doing good right now I've heard that The Outsiders are laying down to Beer Money tonight and once the Nasty Boyz are gone thats good. But IMO TNA needs that one star all over late night all over talk shows to represent TNA. They wont gain new veiwers with just wrestling, I know I wouldn't watch if they had a hour and a half wrestling on Impact ever week I like the unexpected twist and turns of TNA. And as for wrestling have you seen their last three PPVs awsome so just give it time you can't judge what they're going to do in two show so please give it more than two shows and see were everythings going before you say its they death of something.

Good point. They actually have delivered some great PPVs the last three months and there's a couple of matches on this card that could be very good.

If the Outsiders lose clean to Beer Money, then I wouldn't be surprised if Nash uses his tag title shot from Feast or Fired to get the belts from the winner of Morgan/Hernandez vs The Brits.

If there's one real complaint I have about the new direction, it's the total lack of Scott Steiner.

Apparentley TNA is going with a 4-sided ring tonight... And I guess from now on. THANK GOD!

Amen.

Yes, the 6-sided ring made TNA different... but I'm against doing stuff that makes you different only for the sake of being different and with no real purpose. I have never seen a TNA match that could not as easily have been held in a 4-sided ring, I have never seen anything done that specifically utilized the different ring shape. It was just weird, nothing else.

If there's one real complaint I have about the new direction, it's the total lack of Scott Steiner.

If Rick can still go, they should totally bring him in and insert The Steiner Brothers into a the tag division. Maybe with more tag teams, we wouldn't have to watch British Invasion all the time.

I feel that something like this is going to happen.

All the people who are going "Why old guys!" will so quickly change their tune if Beer Money beats The Outsiders, Team 3D destroys the Nasty Boys (they dont have a match, but i just imagine a huge brawl breaking out). Morley can stick around, I dont think anyone will get upset with that. If he really just goes full on face/heel and is a bit more serious everyone will like him. He's at the point kind of like Dreamer where you just respect him for all he's done.

If this whole thing is a scheme to have new talent defeat older talent to show 'new is better' all the power to it.

If its the other way though, and the old guys dominate (even if they EVENTUALLY lose in like 3-6 months) then I'll be the first hanging TNA from a tree.

I feel that something like this is going to happen.

All the people who are going "Why old guys!" will so quickly change their tune if Beer Money beats The Outsiders, Team 3D destroys the Nasty Boys (they dont have a match, but i just imagine a huge brawl breaking out). Morley can stick around, I dont think anyone will get upset with that. If he really just goes full on face/heel and is a bit more serious everyone will like him. He's at the point kind of like Dreamer where you just respect him for all he's done.

If this whole thing is a scheme to have new talent defeat older talent to show 'new is better' all the power to it.

If its the other way though, and the old guys dominate (even if they EVENTUALLY lose in like 3-6 months) then I'll be the first hanging TNA from a tree.

Having the younger guys go over is the only reason to have some of these older guys on there. There is absolutely no reason for Hall & Nash to go over, or the Nasty Boys to go over Team 3-D when that happens. None. The problem I have is what does going over Hall & Nash do for Beer Money? Or a Dudley's win over the Nasty Boys? They didn't build up the Beer Money versus Hall & Nash long enough for him to make it a great payoff to a feud. There's really not that much purpose to in the bigger picture. Yes, it emphasizes the value of the younger talent, but it still seems like going a step backward to move a step and a half forward.

Having the younger guys go over is the only reason to have some of these older guys on there. There is absolutely no reason for Hall & Nash to go over, or the Nasty Boys to go over Team 3-D when that happens. None. The problem I have is what does going over Hall & Nash do for Beer Money? Or a Dudley's win over the Nasty Boys? They didn't build up the Beer Money versus Hall & Nash long enough for him to make it a great payoff to a feud. There's really not that much purpose to in the bigger picture. Yes, it emphasizes the value of the younger talent, but it still seems like going a step backward to move a step and a half forward.

The Outsiders / Beer Money makes sense. And I could except that getting dragged out a bit, assuming the work of Nash/Hall/Waltman isnt terrible. But more people are paying attention to TNA now (ratings proof) so simply have Beer Money beat Nash/Hall, even with little to nothing of build, will have a new fan go "oh, those guys look good, and they just beat THOSE guys!". I can see Waltman helping Nash/Hall win or causing a DQ or whatever, leading to Beer Money + another new guy vs. "The Band" at the next PPV. And as I said, as long as Beer Money doesnt look bad and goes over in the end, I'm all for it. I dunno, but to me Beer Money & Samoa Joe or Abyss vs. The Band seems decent.

I think we should all be prepared to see Nash, Hall, Waltman, even Morley and Flair pick up some wins over establsihed TNA talent at first.

Or else what's the point? If they aren't a credible threat, then having TNA vets beating the known commodities is meaningless.

The problem will be if those early losses don't turn into wins down the road, which is what happened in WCW and truthfully is why the MEM did nothing for the roster.

The only new face I have a real issue with seeing get a win is the Nastys, and that's mainly because they're been irrelevant for far longer than any of the other wrestlers brought in, and even when they were 'hot' they weren't really much of a draw.

The Outsiders / Beer Money makes sense. And I could except that getting dragged out a bit, assuming the work of Nash/Hall/Waltman isnt terrible. But more people are paying attention to TNA now (ratings proof) so simply have Beer Money beat Nash/Hall, even with little to nothing of build, will have a new fan go "oh, those guys look good, and they just beat THOSE guys!". I can see Waltman helping Nash/Hall win or causing a DQ or whatever, leading to Beer Money + another new guy vs. "The Band" at the next PPV. And as I said, as long as Beer Money doesnt look bad and goes over in the end, I'm all for it. I dunno, but to me Beer Money & Samoa Joe or Abyss vs. The Band seems decent.

Its not that I think its guaranteed to be terrible. And I do understand their intent here. I just don't think its the best way to go about it.

Nash is still decent enough in the ring and is still great on the mic. The problem is Hall. Can he still do anything at all in the ring? He seems a mess on the mic so far. Waltman can still go, based on what I've seen of his recent AAA work, but he didn't seem so great on the mic either. Can Beer Money carry Hall & Nash to a pretty good match? Probably. Here's the problem... How many fans are tuning in who haven't paid attention to the past decade, so they are clueless that Hall hasn't been relevant or reliable in a decade, and who don't know that Waltman became so hated by the WWE fans that they've named that type of heat after him? To those fans, things might not need much build-up and seeing Beer Money go over would still be a "wow, they just beat the NWO!" moment. But not so much to everyone else. To everyone else, some build would have made it mean a lot more. The problem with trying to build up - much like the problem with having "The Band" go over so this can be dragged out - is that Hall is notoriously unreliable. Nash doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation at putting over younger talent (even if he has been better about in TNA), so the risk of it not playing out that way - as Peter points out - is high.

Put it this way... What feud is likely going to get those new fans to keep tuning in - Nash & Hall against Beer Money Inc, or Beer Money Inc against Motor City Machineguns? The fact-time that Nash & Hall are getting could be given over to MCMG and TNA could be building new stars, in my opinion.

Put it this way... What feud is likely going to get those new fans to keep tuning in - Nash & Hall against Beer Money Inc, or Beer Money Inc against Motor City Machineguns? The fact-time that Nash & Hall are getting could be given over to MCMG and TNA could be building new stars, in my opinion.

I mentioned it earlier, I have a feeling that Hall & Nash are going to do something underhanded to grab the belts in short measure.

After that, the story will be watching the rest of the tag divisions 'chase' the champs, with teams like Beer Money and MCMG doing the heavy lifting in the ring, and Hall & Nash wrestling only on PPVs against 'the top contenders'

Sort of what the E is doing with DX.

I mentioned it earlier, I have a feeling that Hall & Nash are going to do something underhanded to grab the belts in short measure.

After that, the story will be watching the rest of the tag divisions 'chase' the champs, with teams like Beer Money and MCMG doing the heavy lifting in the ring, and Hall & Nash wrestling only on PPVs against 'the top contenders'

Sort of what the E is doing with DX.

I see it playing out that Waltman gets Hall and Nash DQed during tonight's match, giving Beer Money the DQ win. I predict Hernandes and Morgan beat British Invasion, but Hall and Nash immediatly attack them and cash in the Feast or Fired case to win the belts. Then Fued with Morgan and Hernades while The Band does everything in thier power to keep Beer Money from getting a shot at the titles, until Lockdown, or possibly Slammiversary depending on if Hall shows them he can be reliable, where Beer Money wins the titles. That's what I can envision.

TNA started with a four sided ring. What set it apart was the X Division and the in-ring style. Losing the six-sided ring won't affect that for good or bad.

Lolz. Defending decisions or pointing out positives does not an insane mark make lolz.

Good point. They actually have delivered some great PPVs the last three months and there's a couple of matches on this card that could be very good.

If the Outsiders lose clean to Beer Money, then I wouldn't be surprised if Nash uses his tag title shot from Feast or Fired to get the belts from the winner of Morgan/Hernandez vs The Brits.

According to reports he is sitting out his contract which won't last long so they are not involving him in anything. Why not job him out? Is my question though.

Also agree with the earlier points. I asked around on these and other forums before there are more people that don't watch/like TNA because of the 6 sides then there are people that would stop watching if it went back to 4 so good move as long as the tighter ropes for better springboard remain imho.

TNA is also having a UFC coutdown style show tonight as well as a speical on Direct TV on 101 that comes on at 4EST

It's on their site as well and is called be 4 the bell. Actually spelled that way, but if you liked the big package leading to BFG you will like this imho.

Edit: Both Kendrick and Anderson have been heavily rumored to appear soon so far. *crosses RVD fingers*

Edit: Both Kendrick and Anderson have been heavily rumored to appear soon so far. *crosses RVD fingers*

I still think the most we are going to get for an RVD return is a Royal Rumble one-off. I just done see him returning full time at this point. I think he is the kind of guy who will wait for TNA to calm down a bit. Do you think RVD, who is tired of politics in wrestling, is going to walk into a promotion with Hogan, Bischoff, Hall, Nash, Waltman, Angle, Jarrett, Russo, & Abyss?

I still think the most we are going to get for an RVD return is a Royal Rumble one-off. I just done see him returning full time at this point. I think he is the kind of guy who will wait for TNA to calm down a bit. Do you think RVD, who is tired of politics in wrestling, is going to walk into a promotion with Hogan, Bischoff, Hall, Nash, Waltman, Angle, Jarrett, Russo, & Abyss?

Ok.....i know about the other guys but abyss? I have never heard anything of him being a backstage problem......heck the guy has not been around a long enough time to get a back stage additude has he?

Ok.....i know about the other guys but abyss? I have never heard anything of him being a backstage problem......heck the guy has not been around a long enough time to get a back stage additude has he?

I said politics. Not always a problem. Abyss is like Russo's new Big Vito. I've read stuff a while ago, but he was the guy who was in charge of and pushing his characters direction when he was getting so much TV time and his character really started to dominate TNA TV.

Lolz. Defending decisions or pointing out positives does not an insane mark make lolz.

True. You used to not be so reasonable though. ;):p

According to reports he is sitting out his contract which won't last long so they are not involving him in anything. Why not job him out? Is my question though.

I kinda figured as much...and Scott has so much animosity for Hogan and Bischoff that it's probably best they let him sit at home.

Too bad though. I thought he was one of the most underated performers of last year. It'd be interesting to see him back in the E; he probably can't handle the schedule but he's got more character than half the current roster.

Maybe he'll do a Teddy Hart and go down to AAA..which would be all kinds of awesome.