The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

from WrestleZone... so sources are "so-so"

Hall & Waltman already screwing up

According to a source within TNA, Scott Hall is saying he has a groin injury and that's why he won't wrestle tonight at Genesis. However, in reality, Hall recently put on trunks for the first time in a long time and was concerned that his body did not appear to be in ring shape. Therefore, when Hall begged to be taken off the card, Sean Waltman was put in the tag match with Nash for tonight, but even Waltman is said to be begging off the card as well. It is not known at this time why Waltman feels uncomfortable wrestling, so as a precaution, Eric Young will be at the PPV and will serve as Nash's partner if Waltman no-shows or is "unable" to wrestle.

Despite reported TNA satisfaction with Hall and Waltman, both are said to be constantly wrecked on pills and will not last long. Nash did not vouch for Hall and Waltman prior to or at the beginning of their employment by TNA, and has made it very plain that they are not his responsibility, so there is NO heat on Nash as far as TNA management is concerned.

As for now, it has come out that TNA has set up a tradisonal four sided ring for their Genesis PPV, what are your guys though?

IMO, this is the most stupide move TNA have done, the six-sided ring was their trademark for years, since the first Impact, they have had 6 sides. Six sides means alot more space, that fits for TNA and their x-divison.

What do you guys think?

-Nico

As for now, it has come out that TNA has set up a tradisonal four sided ring for their Genesis PPV, what are your guys though?

IMO, this is the most stupide move TNA have done, the six-sided ring was their trademark for years, since the first Impact, they have had 6 sides. Six sides means alot more space, that fits for TNA and their x-divison.

What do you guys think?

-Nico

We went over this :rolleyes:

First, the company started with a four sided ring. Their trademark should be the performers, not a gimmicked up ring.

Secondly, the ring they use is tiny. It has LESS space than a standard ring, not more. It's @16 feet across. It's actually making it harder for the bigger wrestlers to perform (Angle's rolling Germans always look awkward for instance)

If they go to an 18 foot ring with high tension ring ropes, it will actually make it even better for the fliers. Just like it was when TNA first opened and the X Division really was the central focus of the show.

According to Dave Meltzer(the Wrestling Observer), the plan for tonight's PPV is for Abyss to layout Bobby Lashley before their scheduled match tonight. Lashley will then be replaced by the debuting Ken Anderson. Anderson is the hyped "surprise who will turn the business around." Lashley is scheduled to fight for Strikeforce on January 30th in Miami, and many questioned him wrestling so close to that show.

This is pretty much why TNA should stop pushing Lashley.

Also..from a storyline standpoint, if that's how it plays out, wouldn't it make more sense for Kristal to have Bobby 'refuse' to wrestle because he's too good for TNA? You could even bring up the upcoming fight for Strikeforce and say Bobby doesn't want to risk his 'real' career for 'the inbreds in the stand'?

With the talk of all the changes being made cosmetically... The biggest change i think TNA has to make is getting out of the iMPACT Zone. I dont care if it's just in a different local armory in FL every week... The problem I guess with this is the Impact zone is free to get into, so it's sold out every time... But, I personally think it would benefit TNA to take the show on the road.

This is pretty much why TNA should stop pushing Lashley.

Also..from a storyline standpoint, if that's how it plays out, wouldn't it make more sense for Kristal to have Bobby 'refuse' to wrestle because he's too good for TNA? You could even bring up the upcoming fight for Strikeforce and say Bobby doesn't want to risk his 'real' career for 'the inbreds in the stand'?

I've said for awhile that TNA needs to be careful with Lashley, as his focus is on his MMA career. I'm actually surprised that SF is okay with him continuing to wrestle at all... but when he starts getting more serious opponents, he's going to need to run real training camps prior, which means he won't be able to do much in the month leading up to the fight, basically.

Maybe he'll do a Teddy Hart and go down to AAA..which would be all kinds of awesome.

Wouldn't Mark Jindrak be the more obvious parallel? I guess he started in CMLL, but still, the opportunities for parallels to questionable drug use and anatomical impossibilities are tremendous.

Also it kind of hurts the idea that Hall and Waltman have anything to contribute at all when neither wants to actually get in the ring and wrestle somebody. Both are still total disasters backstage and probably both need to be released sooner rather than later.

I didn't watch Impact last week, but are they really teasing some sort of ongoing program between Jarrett and Hogan? If so, in God's name, why? I know Hogan has said he doesn't want to get back in the ring, but if he does, it needs to be against somebody who isn't a 40 year old career midcarder. Under the right circumstances, I'd watch Hogan/Joe or Hogan/Styles or even Hogan/Angle (just because I know Angle could protect Hogan and still have a pretty decent match), but Hogan/Jarrett would be absolutely pointless.

With the talk of all the changes being made cosmetically... The biggest change i think TNA has to make is getting out of the iMPACT Zone. I dont care if it's just in a different local armory in FL every week... The problem I guess with this is the Impact zone is free to get into, so it's sold out every time... But, I personally think it would benefit TNA to take the show on the road.

why would tna do that when they get paid to host the shows there

Also it kind of hurts the idea that Hall and Waltman have anything to contribute at all when neither wants to actually get in the ring and wrestle somebody. Both are still total disasters backstage and probably both need to be released sooner rather than later.

With the Hall and Waltman like the person who posted it said it was a so-so source. It could be true it could also be like a lot of dirt sheet reporting using ones past to make up bs.

Because it makes them look small time.

Right. But not being able to sell out a small to medium sized venue would be even worse

Until they're certain that they can do Impact in front of a packed haouse, they don't need to hit the road. (not to mention the logistic behindd taping those 'behind the scenes' segments without the stages they specifically built for the Impact Zone)

Right. But not being able to sell out a small to medium sized venue would be even worse

Until they're certain that they can do Impact in front of a packed haouse, they don't need to hit the road. (not to mention the logistic behindd taping those 'behind the scenes' segments without the stages they specifically built for the Impact Zone)

Yeah, that's what I was saying in my earlier post... They have to wonder if they can sell out a 2000 seat arena for TV. What are their house show numbers? Rarely over 1500, right?

Yeah, that's what I was saying in my earlier post... They have to wonder if they can sell out a 2000 seat arena for TV. What are their house show numbers? Rarely over 1500, right?

There house show numbers are closer to an ROH indy show, like 500. Every now and then they get 1500, usually when in a hot bed they dont go to often (New York / Toronto are about it). Kind of reminds you how small TNA is.

There house show numbers are closer to an ROH indy show, like 500. Every now and then they get 1500, usually when in a hot bed they dont go to often (New York / Toronto are about it). Kind of reminds you how small TNA is.

Yeah when I went is was like 600. It doesn't help they don't seem to advertise at all. I mean when WWE comes to town you have radio and TV ads telling you. When TNA comes to town you better check the website or have a good chance of missing it.

Yeah when I went is was like 600. It doesn't help they don't seem to advertise at all. I mean when WWE comes to town you have radio and TV ads telling you. When TNA comes to town you better check the website or have a good chance of missing it.

Advertising costs money. Wonder if it just comes to them not wanting to spend the extra, or if they don't focus on that aspect for some reason?

According to a source within TNA, Scott Hall is saying he has a groin injury and that's why he won't wrestle tonight at Genesis. However, in reality, Hall recently put on trunks for the first time in a long time and was concerned that his body did not appear to be in ring shape. Therefore, when Hall begged to be taken off the card, Sean Waltman was put in the tag match with Nash for tonight, but even Waltman is said to be begging off the card as well. It is not known at this time why Waltman feels uncomfortable wrestling, so as a precaution, Eric Young will be at the pay-per-view and will serve as Nash's partner if Waltman no-shows or is "unable" to wrestle.

already Hall/Waltman problems.

TNA's new look. I like it. No more dumb tube entrances. Normal ring. And I've always loved the flush to the ring entrance.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr2/wilhelmce/tnaring.jpg

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr2/wilhelmce/tnaring3_41642.jpg

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr2/wilhelmce/tnaring2_41641.jpg