The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Reports are surfacing that last night’s edition of TNA iMPACT! brought in approximately 1.61 million viewers. This is a slight improvement over last week’s 1.60 million viewers. If this number holds, we can expect this week’s episode of iMPACT! to score a final 1.2 rating.

I thought they would have made a bigger deal of Morgan and Hernandez being in the tourney. It seemed very thrown together. You'd have thought TNA would have made something of announcing that they would face off with each other in the first round, and maybe had them on opposite side of that tag match to create a bit of tension.

I thought Hogan's promo at the start was rubbish...just really bland. "You fans are great, you make TNA great"...he might as well stand there and say "I'm the good guy, cheer for me, crack-a-lack-a-jack BROTHER!!". There was just no substance to it, and it's the same thing every week.

The ending was...meh. I didn't for one second think that Hogan was with Hall and Co (I'm sure I'm not on my own there), so it just didn't work for me.

Not sure where they are going with Easy E reffing the main event. Would be nice if aligns Eric with Flair and AJ and he was revealed to be the mastermind behind the screwing of Angle. Could lead to a reluctant partnership between Angle and Joe vs AJ, Flair, Bischoff and the Band. Just specualating too far ahead now though.

Really like the Pope. Am hoping that he gets a bigger role moving forward. Same with Wolf. Same with Williams and Magnus.

Even that graphic of the Nastys for their PPV match this Sunday was too much of the Nastys for me. Hoping they're gone soon. That said, I don't see what else they have for Team 3D now that they are the good guys again.

All in all I thought it was a decent show - not the best I've seen since Jan, but not the worst either.

You bring up a good point about the tag division and how weak it is which is why I think they brought in the Nasty Boyz. It's unfortunate since it used to be their strong point. I think its pretty clear too that Morgan and Hernandez aren't a long term team.

BTW, why is Morgan packaged so dumb with his little robe with genes on it, and the blue print? I've hated that since they gave it to last year. hes big, make him some sort of vigilante taking heels out! And carbon foot print? (if thats what it is)

BTW, why is Morgan packaged so dumb with his little robe with genes on it, and the blue print? I've hated that since they gave it to last year. hes big, make him some sort of vigilante taking heels out! And carbon foot print? (if thats what it is)

Becuase they are pushing him as a potential face of the company and he's "the DNA of TNA". Which a pretty good catchphrase considering how crappy the "TNA" name is for them. If they were booking him your way, I don't know I'd be as interested in him. It would be much more stereotypical than his current persona is. They way things stand, I've really enjoyed Morgan's development. Making him this cliched vigilante type you talk about would be a step backward at this stage.

Plus his Carbon Footprint is his secondary finisher although he hasn't used the hellevator in a while now. At least his Big Boot is a lot better then the one Sheamus uses hehe.

On the tag division they actually have a solid amount of pretty good teams they just haven't been booked a lot atm because the regime change is focusing on brining in their new talent and alligning them the way they want etc. Same with the X-Division and to a lesser extent the Knock Outs.

On the tag division they actually have a solid amount of pretty good teams they just haven't been booked a lot atm because the regime change is focusing on brining in their new talent and alligning them the way they want etc. Same with the X-Division and to a lesser extent the Knock Outs.

Very much agreed. One of my big beefs with the Internet is they want what they want, they want it nownownow and that'll all they seem to care about. I'm not a big fan of how the tag teams are letting largely lost in the shuffle at the moment. But it is significant that the regime shift is still gelling and that some stuff has to be expected to suffer during that. If the tag teams and the X Division guys are still getting short shrift at Christmastime, that will be time to complain. But it's like the Main Event Mafia. There's a finite life cycle for all the confusion and you gotta let it be during that life cycle. You try to rush the transition or act like it never happened the results will end up all the worse.

For all their negatives as personalities, this is one prop I will give Hogan and Bischoff with their handling of TNA. They are acting like they get it this time around. Whether their new direction will ultimately be worth the time I can't say. But at least they seem to have a better grasp on the process of setting it than they've had in the past.

So.... are they going to push Mr. Anderson as the #1 contender already tonight, you think?

I hope not. Someone really needs to give that guy's character some texture before he can ever be watchable as champion. I'm rooting for Angle to win that match. No idea on who I want to win it all. But I know I'd prefer Anderson not to get out of the first round.

What is TNA doing in buys now adays?...

Since i dont think this PPV will sell that much...Nobody her can say "I'm so hyped up about Nasty Boys vs Team 3D"

The only reason i accept that is that Matthew will get more botch footage :p

Lots and Lots of it

They don't release the PPV numbers, so anything released is unofficial - rumors and such.

Knockouts earnings?

Though they may be big stars on television and draw relatively high ratings, that doesn't necessarily translate into big checks for the stars of TNA's Knockouts division.

In light of Awesome Kong's contractual dispute with TNA Wrestling, multiple sources have noted that the average pay for a female performer in the organization is between $200 to $400 per appearance. However, it's widely assumed that Christy Hemme and Lisa Marie Varon (a/k/a Tara) make more money due to their past ties with World Wrestling Entertainment with sources believing that Kong makes slightly more than $400 per shot, which is considered a "high end salary" in the No. 2 wrestling organization in the world.

It's interesting to note that a female performer who made the "high end salary" of $400, exclusively appeared on television, and appeared on every single television event held over the course of a calendar year would only garner $26,000 at most. Although, that number comes in before one figures in road expenses, wardrobe expenses and taxes. Regarding travel, TNA solely covers airfare, leaving talent to cover the rest including lodging. Also note, there is no downside guarantee, thus meaning talent only get paid when they are used.

With that being said, TNA holds live events most weeks and permits talent to seek independent bookings, thus allowing them to garner more money. Furthermore, television exposure greatly increases a wrestler's booking fee, most especially for talent previously not seen on national television.

Regarding Kong, TNAWrestlingNews.com reports that she has asked for a raise on several occasions but company officials have apparently not honored her request despite her lofty standing on television. Kong reportedly blew up last spring when she found out that then newcomer Brutus Magnus was being paid more than her.

It was reported recently that Kong has regularly vented backstage about the company spending frivolously on newcomers. Since then, multiple sources have confirmed that she was very upset with Ric Flair's wife being treated to limousine service on the company's dime at a recent show. TNA never grants limo service to its female performers.

It is believed that Kong has several years remaining on her contract with TNA. She refused to appear on the company's recent UK tour and at time it was widely assumed that she was upset with Bubba the Love Sponge's controversial remarks concerning the country of Haiti. However, multiple sources say the issue has since been resolved and that her ongoing problems with the organization are related to pay.

The primary reason Gail Kim left TNA for World Wrestling Entertainment was due to the significant discrepancy between the amount of money being offered by both companies. According to multiple sources, Kim did not want to leave TNA, but felt she had no choice but to bolt for WWE due to the massive difference in pay.

If I was at home I think I would order it, though online for $14.99 (as I only have basic cable so no PPV). Edit: never mind as it is not available in the US (due to contracts with PPV companies) So I guess I wouldn't as I don't think it will be good enough to bother going to a cousin or friends house who has PPV and trying to get people to throw in some money for It and some pizza.

So Nastys vs 3D is going to be bad, but I am also guessing it will be short.

Abyss Foley will also be bad with the only thing that could help it at all would be if right before it starts Bischoff announces it is now a hardcore match (would fit with the storyline). Even then though that would depend 100% on the spots, which have been pretty bad in most of Foleys matches in TNA. I think Abyss wins.

Angle Anderson should be a good match. I could see it going either way though I hope Angle wins, as I don’t care to see Anderson Abyss 2. If Anderson does win though it will be a tainted win.

Morgan Hernandez should be okay for a big guy vs big guy match. I see Morgan taking it as The Carbon Foot Print is the only finisher the 2 have that one could for sure do to the other (with the hellavator having no chance and the border toss seeming unlikely).

Pope Wolfe may end up the best match of the tournament if it gets time (and if one of them vs Angle isn’t the final). Have no idea which one takes it.

I think the finales ends up Angle Morgan with Angle getting screwed some how in the end or Anderson Morgan, which ends up a coin flip with a small edge to Morgan as the champ is heel.

AJ Joe should be a good match with the only thing hurting it being that it almost seems like a lock that AJ wins with a screw finish. Though up until that point it should be gold.

So was this show nearly as bad as it looks on paper? Angle eliminated in the first round? The title match not going on last? The Duds and the Nastys going almost 11 minutes with the Nastys going over?!?

Not sure if I like the somewhat rushed Pope push, either. If he's your guy, build him up over a few months while having AJ go over guys like Matt Morgan or Hernandez or Abyss: established babyfaces who are credible threats for a little guy like Styles. Then once both guys are built up, people will care about a title match. But as much potential as Pope has, what has he done in TNA? He had a good match with a very good wrestler in a losing effort.

Let me say this, I did not see the PPV but I just read the writeup.

The Nasty Boys vs. 3D went for almost 11 minutes!:eek:

As Dr. Phil would say, "What were they thinking?"

I am no fan of the Dudleys (never really liked them going back to their days in the real ECW) but they should in no way shape or form lose to the Nasty Boys.

Glad to see Jimmy Hart back, sadly I am not sure if he will be as good as he was in the 80's. I think he will probably be bland like he was in the 1990's.

So was this show nearly as bad as it looks on paper? Angle eliminated in the first round? The title match not going on last? The Duds and the Nastys going almost 11 minutes with the Nastys going over?!?

Not sure if I like the somewhat rushed Pope push, either. If he's your guy, build him up over a few months while having AJ go over guys like Matt Morgan or Hernandez or Abyss: established babyfaces who are credible threats for a little guy like Styles. Then once both guys are built up, people will care about a title match. But as much potential as Pope has, what has he done in TNA? He had a good match with a very good wrestler in a losing effort.

Like the E did Sheamus :rolleyes:

Still, what else do they have for main event material? They can't do Angle-Styles forever. And Dinero has what Hogan is looking for; charismatic both in the ring and outside of it. He's good both in the ring and on the mic.