The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

So wait... IF I claim that I want to murder every single member posting on this page IF they post anything else and call everyone by name, I'm a frickin' terrorist??? Come on...

btw don't sue me!!!! this was exemplary!!!

Russo now lives in fear and fears for his family's health? Oh...my...god, he's even more retarded then we thought.

To be honest, that letter was pretty egregious and I lost a lot of respect for Cornette because of it.

I will say it because I am trying to quell the burning in my heart--I hate Vince Russo. I despise Vince Russo. I want Vince Russo to die. If I could figure out a way to murder him without going to prison, I would consider it the greatest accomplishment of my life.

I regularly wake up from dreams in which I am in the act of murdering him. I literally burn whenever I think of him. I have sworn to myself that I will willingly go to jail if I ever see him in person again, and he had better pray to his fictitious invisible man in the sky that that day never comes.

Cornette is insane. Anyone who put these things in writing and actually mean them is disturbed. It amuses me that he writes this hateful garbage and the people getting heat are TNA management. LOL

Mostly, Justtyank, because Cornette's got a penchant for hyperbole, and I think it's pretty well known.

So TNA management freaking out over it is pretty skiddish, never mind that as the above folks have said, it's a weak case to begin with.

Mostly, Justtyank, because Cornette's got a penchant for hyperbole, and I think it's pretty well known.

That may be the understatement of the year.

But hey, maybe if I saw Russo crossing the street, my foot might just become paralyzed and thus be unable to reach my brake.

Don't sue me!

So TNA management freaking out over it is pretty skiddish, never mind that as the above folks have said, it's a weak case to begin with.

I'm not worried about the case. I don't care what he has a penchant for on his blogs and podcasts, that was a personal email. If you mean to tell me that any communication he ever makes is to be taken with a grain of salt, well that's fine but it makes me think even less of him.

By the way, if a friend of mine sent me that letter about my boss and I didn't send it on, I'd be fired if they pulled it up on the server. I also can't say that most corporate honchos wouldn't have their attorneys send letters.

Let's be honest... who here hasn't thought about killing Russo at least once.

I haven't. Not because 'killing is wrong' but because Russo's not on my list. Not the best writer, sure, but nothing I lose sleep about. TNA perhaps over-reacted, but it serves Jim Cornette right for saying those things. If someone had emailed me saying he wanted to kill someone I worked with, the least I'd do is tell the 'intended victim' no matter how prone to hyperbole the guy is. Cornette needs to chill out and let it go.

I haven't. Not because 'killing is wrong' but because Russo's not on my list. Not the best writer, sure, but nothing I lose sleep about. TNA perhaps over-reacted, but it serves Jim Cornette right for saying those things. If someone had emailed me saying he wanted to kill someone I worked with, the least I'd do is tell the 'intended victim' no matter how prone to hyperbole the guy is. Cornette needs to chill out and let it go.

Agree with this entirely.

I haven't though of killing Russo either. Not because it is illegal, but because I'm not an irrational human being who fantasizes about murder.

I would like to add that I read that email a few days before it got linked here (I thought it was a funny coincidence, actually, that the timing was so close together).

Having been listening to Cornette give his shoot interviews for a few hours before that, I really didn't take what he said as particularly threatening but given the stated purpose of the email, it did seem childish to me.

"Hey, Terry, I just wanted to say that me and everyone at TNA are cool. It's not that I don't like you guys, it's just Russo. So that's all.

By the way I wanna ****ing kill that guy Russo, man. I really hate him. Wanna know how much I hate him? Sometimes I think about killing him without even realising it. I mean, I just hate him so much.

OH MY GOOOOOD I HATE VINCE RUSSO. Jeezus, man. I hate him.

But anyways. We're cool, bro.

Yours truly,

Jim Cornette"

Agree with this entirely.

I haven't though of killing Russo either. Not because it is illegal, but because I'm not an irrational human being who fantasizes about murder.

I haven't thought of killing Russo, but I sure won't save or help him if got into any trouble. If he drowns in water, I'll let him. I'm not going to risk my life for a guy like Russo.

By the way, Cornette ALWAYS says these things. He's ALWAYS been like this. Besides, there are MANY, MANY, MANY other people that would want to kill Russo more than Cornette would. They just don't say it.

Well put. My taste in wrestling is far closer to Jim Cornette's than Vince Russo's. I think Russo is an absolutely dreadful booker/writer who doesn't belong anywhere near a wrestling promotion. But what Cornette wrote in that e-mail was way over the rope, whether he has a penchant for hyperbole or not. And sending it to Taylor, a TNA employee, was stupid. On the (extremely unlikely) chance that Cornette had actually done something to Russo, what do you think would have happened to Taylor if they'd found that e-mail and he'd never passed it on?

I don't disagree with Taylor's actions. I just question his motives behind them. Was he really doing it to protect Russo or himself? It was those two, why would I care? But it was to get in good with the management as a way to promote himself (which he has done in the past), and when he knew Cornette well enough (Cornette implies he has said these things to Taylor in the past), then he's scumbag.

Motives behind actions matter. I would do the same, but for different motives. i would never do such a thing for self-promotion, only self-protection or to protect others.

I haven't thought of killing Russo, but I sure won't save or help him if got into any trouble. If he drowns in water, I'll let him. I'm not going to risk my life for a guy like Russo.

Well, that's awfully sad. I don't like Russo as a booker, but he's never done anything to me that would mean I'd watch him drown. But hey, if you are the type of person who thinks people should die for doing things you don't like, more power to you.

By the way, Cornette ALWAYS says these things. He's ALWAYS been like this.

So your defense of him saying hateful, violent and disturbing things in a personal email to a TNA employee about another employee (and possibly friend of said employee) is that he always says that stuff? OK I guess?

I don't disagree with Taylor's actions. I just question his motives behind them. Was he really doing it to protect Russo or himself? It was those two, why would I care? But it was to get in good with the management as a way to promote himself (which he has done in the past), and when he knew Cornette well enough (Cornette implies he has said these things to Taylor in the past), then he's scumbag.

Motives behind actions matter. I would do the same, but for different motives. i would never do such a thing for self-promotion, only self-protection or to protect others.

Maybe he turned it in because he has no particular loyalty to Cornette, was disturbed by the email, and was equally concerned that if they found out about the email without him turning it in he'd lose his job.

That's possible. Actually, Taylor has no particular loyalty to anyone that I know about... but's another story altogether...

but in any case, this isn't the first time cornette has said something like this. HE HAS REPEATEDLY SAID HE'S GOING TO DO SOMETHING TO RUSSO IF HE EVER SAW HIM, and that's in Interviews, podcasts, radio, paper, you name it, he's said something about Russo and doing something to him on any Medium.

That's possible. Actually, Taylor has no particular loyalty to anyone that I know about... but's another story altogether...

but in any case, this isn't the first time cornette has said something like this. HE HAS REPEATEDLY SAID HE'S GOING TO DO SOMETHING TO RUSSO IF HE EVER SAW HIM, and that's in Interviews, podcasts, radio, paper, you name it, he's said something about Russo and doing something to him on any Medium.

But, he's in the pro-wrestling business. What he says in interviews, podcasts, etc. can be written off as hyperbole because he is playing to a public audience. What he writes in a private letter is entirely different. I know you guys see that.

Actually, that's a good point. But he has said it so many times publicly, wouldn't it seem hypocritcal for Cornette to say something different privately? And he's not one to be hypocrite, if you ask me.

And two, Cornette always uses Hyperbole. He may not lie, he may not bend the truth, but he has a tendency to go hyper because he gets worked up easily. And two, he isn't playing to crowd when he says he things. He believes what he says is the truth (even though I disagree with him on that).

To be fair, I think we're all still waiting for the "Cornette Hates and Murders Russo" videogame series. So there's one medium.

I certainly question the intelligence of sending something like this to someone in Taylor's position, but I never really considered that there was any real intent. I just saw it as venting, however over the top and ridiculous it might be. He would have been better served putting something like this in a journal.

Cornette's never killed a fly so far as I know, so he's cool with me. Hell, you can bet your ass I've thought about killing people I really dislike. Not Russo, since he's not on my personal list. And not over something like wrestling or entertainment. But other people of varying degrees of badness? Yeah, I would very much like five minutes in a room without windows taking extreme liberties with these people.

But then, some people say I'm an angry person.

Well, I doubt Cornette only knows TAYLOR in TNA, he must have sent (knowing Cornette) something similar to other friends in TNA. But I agree, he shouldn't, but he probably trusted Taylor.

Oh yeah, on the video games... that's just hilarious if I ever such a reference in a video game.

Actually, that's a good point. But he has said it so many times publicly, wouldn't it seem hypocritcal for Cornette to say something different privately? And he's not one to be hypocrite, if you ask me.

And two, Cornette always uses Hyperbole. He may not lie, he may not bend the truth, but he has a tendency to go hyper because he gets worked up easily. And two, he isn't playing to crowd when he says he things. He believes what he says is the truth (even though I disagree with him on that).

If he believes what he says to be the truth, then what he said in that email is very disturbing.