The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

I really like the idea of Xplosion coming to Spike, they'll be able to feature X matches more I would guess and tag teams that we don't get to see that often (Generation Me!). I for one won't mind it being on before Impact if true, I liked when Nitro was 3 hours personally, but it would make more sense for it to be on like Tuesday night or something.

I really like the idea of Xplosion coming to Spike, they'll be able to feature X matches more I would guess and tag teams that we don't get to see that often (Generation Me!). I for one won't mind it being on before Impact if true, I liked when Nitro was 3 hours personally, but it would make more sense for it to be on like Tuesday night or something.

Yeah I would but it on Tuesday or if not them Wednesday or Saturday. Still 3 shows is good for income. And yeah a 0.9 against the best watched finals in years is a ok. Hope to see TNA back in the 1.1 to 1.3 range soon. And if they keep this quality up and the injured return it could happen. And I will say it for the last time such a shame they needed to lose all that momentum before they got their heads on straight.

I so want Heyman ( Creative) and Bisch (Production) to run the on screen product. So still hoping that is the surprise

I'm hoping that the big thing that can "change the face of TNA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" will be a change in policy allowing The Motor City Machine Guns to be seen and/or mentioned on TV every once in a while.

Alas, I'm not holding my breath.

They should have been on commentary for at least one of if not both of the tournament matches. Though instead they wanted to push the whole Bubba vs. some guy with a Mohawk and Tattoos. Does any one actually care about the feud? It hasn’t be badly done or anything, yet I just don’t care at all.

They should have been on commentary for at least one of if not both of the tournament matches. Though instead they wanted to push the whole Bubba vs. some guy with a Mohawk and Tattoos. Does any one actually care about the feud? It hasn’t be badly done or anything, yet I just don’t care at all.

Jesse Neal is getting over in Orlando.

Jesse Neal is getting over in Orlando.

I kinda like Jesse Neal myself... I like Ink Inc. anyway.. Still haven't been able to wrap my mind around Shannon Moore coming out on the winning end of matches on a regular basis, but I do kinda dig the team.

I just wanna see The Guns more often, not to mention GenMe.

That Xplosion thing, if true, might be a good idea also.

In answer to the discussion about TNA viewership in the UK compared to WWE.

WWE beats TNA by about 10,000 viewers each week. WWE gets around 70,000 and TNA gets around 60,000.

Depends on the week but what I am really curious about is the coverage difference between Bravo and Sky.

Also never bothered to check it as I thought if it wasn't it would have caused a sh1tstorm of epic proportions. I know wrestling has some weird and controversial gimmicks but a made up naval vet using a real life bombing and death of a friend as a story would really really really cross the line.

Depends on the week but what I am really curious about is the coverage difference between Bravo and Sky.

Bravo is a channel that is part of most low-to-mid-level digital TV packages.

Sky Sports is a separate premium package that you have to order on top of your regular TV package, so by default a lot less people will have it. Plus, Raw is live at about 1am on a Monday night, whereas TNA is on Saturday evenings.

If WWE is *still* beating TNA in the UK ratings, that's pretty bad for TNA.

TNA is looking to renew their working agreement with AAA. And it looks like the Xplosion move is going to happen.

Huh they need to renew it already? They only just switched to to AAA from CMLLL. Nice on the X Plosion move but 4 hours of TNA? can anyone spell overkill.

Bravo is a channel that is part of most low-to-mid-level digital TV packages.

Sky Sports is a separate premium package that you have to order on top of your regular TV package, so by default a lot less people will have it. Plus, Raw is live at about 1am on a Monday night, whereas TNA is on Saturday evenings.

If WWE is *still* beating TNA in the UK ratings, that's pretty bad for TNA.

TNA sometimes wins and the first RAW showing generally gets beaten if I remember correctly. Still the gap is much smaller then in the US I think even factoring in all those factors.

Huh they need to renew it already? They only just switched to to AAA from CMLLL. Nice on the X Plosion move but 4 hours of TNA? can anyone spell overkill.

The 4th hour won't even have wrestling on it. I think the overkill/overexposure argument is a little off. If they have 3 hours of wrestling every week and utilize the diverse selection of talent they have on their hands, they'll be fine. Reaction is basically a recap show.

Xplosion could basically become the X-Division show with a bunch of fast-paced action and then have Impact as the main show. Use the segments vacated by the X-Division to give the Knockouts division more exposure on Impact.

The 4th hour won't even have wrestling on it. I think the overkill/overexposure argument is a little off. If they have 3 hours of wrestling every week and utilize the diverse selection of talent they have on their hands, they'll be fine. Reaction is basically a recap show.

If Xplosion basically becomes the X-Division show with a bunch of fast-paced high flyers and Impact is the main show and use the segments vacated by the X-Division to give the Knockouts more exposure.

Still I think 3 hours of new content followed up immediately with a recap and if I remember correctly reaction angles is still a lot for some people.

Maybe I do not know where to look but this is all I could find on Sky Sports subscriber numbers.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=31985296

So when they where at 8 mill roughly 6.6 had Sports as well.

Maybe I do not know where to look but this is all I could find on Sky Sports subscriber numbers.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=31985296

So when they where at 8 mill roughly 6.6 had Sports as well.

That seems about right - the number one reason for getting Sky always used to be Sports.

Since they started doing broadband deals as well I expect the gap between customers and Sports Subscribers has widened - when I first got Sky it was because with broadband included in the package it was cheaper for me than takig out different deals. Although the natural progression for any sports fan with Sky is then to subscribe to Sky Sports - took me about two years.

There are subscriptions that just give you access to Sky Sports 1, and just having a look through the schedules this week this doesn't get you RAW (although I may have seen this on SS1 before), Smackdown or Fatal Four Way (one of the few PPV's not on Sky PPV this year). A subscription to Sky Sports 1 does get you most of the Premiership Football matches (again, the main reason to have Sky), so I have no idea how many people only get this channel.

This seems to be an interesting set of data as well. Unfortunately they do not include potential households like the US does but it seems Sky Sports 1 has a higher total viewer number then Bravo. So for TNA to do close to the numbers and sometimes beat the first time viewing numbers of the WWE is pretty good.

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyViewing?_s=3

Also an old report and the numbers have gone down again due to loss of momentum but still:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/2917013/TNA-Wrestling-ratings-Hulk-up-in-the-UK-Impact-on-Bravo-gets-huge-boost.html

This seems to be an interesting set of data as well. Unfortunately they do not include potential households like the US does but it seems Sky Sports 1 has a higher total viewer number then Bravo. So for TNA to do close to the numbers and sometimes beat the first time viewing numbers of the WWE is pretty good.

More people will watch things on Sky Sports than Bravo because for the most part Bravo's shows are garbage. Old 'Dog the Bounty Hunter', sports bloopers, 'Cops' style shows etc. It's the place where 3rd rate TV goes to die. Sky Sports is an expensive hobby for most, and has the UK's most popular sports on it, so of course more people will be watching it in total....they're paying a premium for the privilege.

Bravo is one step up from free TV. If people wanted to watch TNA they'd be hammering WWE in the ratings. Even if both shows were getting the exact same number of viewers every week, you cant spin that as a positive for TNA.