The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Just thought about this, but maybe... just maybe.... this "they" Abyss keeps talking about....

Could it be...

Matt Morgan?

Ya think?

:p

No...I got it...."they" are a group of former WCW guys coming to do battle with the ECW guys because they are pissed that ECW keeps coming back and WCW doesn't. I predict they to be Booker T, The Stiener Brothers, Sting, and the leader....Shane Helms!!

It's good for them but I think you might need to slow your roll, so to speak. Holding a show in New York City is not the same as holding one in Detroit or St. Louis or Indianapolis. I'd agree with "they need to hold more shows in New York" but not "on the road" in general. NYC isn't the typical or average market, after all.

In my opinion TNA needs to take NYC by storm. There's a reason the Tri State area has 100% importance in TEW. ;)

Been watching Impact on Spike.com today because I had a lady friend over on Thursday night. It's been a pretty good show in my opinion. Good amount of wrestling and I like the fact that everyone has an opportunity on the microphone. TNA is really outdoing WWE right now in terms of OVERALL show quality every week.

Caught a brief bit of impact on Bravo, an Elijah Burke promo interrupted by Angle, Burke really is something. And Angle's angle of systematically beating all of the contenders sounds quite good, not sure where I stand on that whole system being used to build feuds but I guess it means there's an attempt at logic to the whole thing, a bit of structure which can't be bad.

News on the big surprise

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

TNA president Dixie Carter created a lot of buzz last month on Twitter when she teased that her company would � once again � change forever. Carter later clarified her remark, noting that the "change" would not be a specific announcement.

"You will just see for yourselves in the coming weeks," Carter wrote.

Carter's teased surprise that would "change TNA forever" was Paul Heyman, but a deal between both parties could not be reached.

Though a deal was not reached then, it's expected that Heyman will join the company in the near future. TNA officials are reportedly willing to give the former ECW creative director anything he wants in order to have him join their organization.

It's said that TNA's internal condition has hit rock-bottom over the last few weeks. Many within the company feel they need a savior and the only person who fits the bill is Heyman.

Caught a brief bit of impact on Bravo, an Elijah Burke promo interrupted by Angle, Burke really is something. And Angle's angle of systematically beating all of the contenders sounds quite good, not sure where I stand on that whole system being used to build feuds but I guess it means there's an attempt at logic to the whole thing, a bit of structure which can't be bad.

Angle beating a string of opponents is something I can see him doing, while not looking too lame or done over.

As for Paul Heyman... I have to say this. Will they attempt to bring Cornette back when they misuse/abuse Paul Heyman? That's the only guy I know can book. Seriously, only these two can salvage the situation. Having both can balance things out.

I think its laughable that there are only like...5 people apparently in the US who can book a wrestling show, and they constantly get cycled through.

Clearly Remi or Cbot should have the job.

Depending on how many Eastern European wrestlers they can find on short notice.

4,000+ is very very good for a house show I think this shows that TNA needs to take their shows on the road.

A couple of years ago TNA came up here to Rhode Island and they drew a couple of hundred fans (I do not recall the exact number, maybe somewhere around 300 or so) any way at the time it was a record for a TNA house show.

So yes I agree with you, I think 4,000+ is very good for them.

All though I am not sure if they should take their shows on the road. I think they should just stick to what they are doing now.

Sting: "Dixie you've been conned!"

Finally some actual development in the Why Sting Why storyline.

Why do I think that the whole Why Sting Why storyline has something to do with how Eric and Hogan helped to destroy WCW? The company that Sting had pretty much worked his entire adult life for (Yes I know about the UWF). If that is the case then putting Kevin Nash into this feud would make sense.

Finally, I saw that TNA just gave new long term contracts to both Douglas Williams and Brutus Magnus. Now Douglas I can undertand because he has been very good in his new role and he very much reminds me of WCW Lord Steven Regal.

However, I cannot wrap my mind around them giving Brutus Magnus a new contract. I mean what the heck has he done since the break-up of The British Invasion?

According to reports he is going to be featured on Xplosion and possibly reform the Invasion with Burchill as his partner. Rumours off course. And another good Impact, remains sad thing that they did not have this show quality in the JAn 4th to end of wars period. A well back to slowly building 1 fan at a time or hoping for Heyman lolz. And Amp how got TNA abuse Heyman if he is brought in as head of creative??? And Cornette is a good mind and very entertaining to read and listen too but too much of a traditionalist to work in the mainstream market TNA is looking for.

If Bisch and Heyman can work together that would be golden and perfect balance imho.

However, I cannot wrap my mind around them giving Brutus Magnus a new contract. I mean what the heck has he done since the break-up of The British Invasion?

If I have it my way Douglas will lose the X-Division belt to Kendrick at Victory Road and The British Invasion will reunite somehow. Works for me. :cool:

Magnus got hurt doing an indy date for a UK promotion awhile ago.

I'm all for Magnus keeping his job. I love that guy.

Finally got to watch Impact last night, twas a pretty good show with solid in ring work. AJ vs Joe was top notch and the Pope return angle was well done. I can't wait to see Angle vs Pope at Victory Road.

Abyss's new black and silver/white attire? BAD ASS! I don't know what it is about the new color scheme, but it screams awesome.

If I have it my way Douglas will lose the X-Division belt to Kendrick at Victory Road and The British Invasion will reunite somehow. Works for me. :cool:

I wish I could say the same. But over the last several months, TNA's killed my faith if their characterizations. Even if you got your way next Thursday, I'd have no faith that Williams and Magnus wouldn't be at each other's throats PPV after next.

Could be but Magnus and Williams as a tag had a pretty decent and strong run imho. Beer Money are still together as well, same goes for the Guns despite fighting each other etc.

As far as Heyman goes I hope he does join eventually but I will see it when I see it.

Jarrett on twitter:

"Just received some huge news!"

make of it what you will.

Oh no. Jarrett is gonna win the belt. j/k

With all the huge news, change TNA forever stuff, it's hard to get excited over anything they hype.

I do think TNA Impact has been worth watching for a month to 6 weeks, possibly longer. They aren't doing everything perfectly, but it's night/day compared to when Hogan/Bisch first got there.

I do think TNA Impact has been worth watching for a month to 6 weeks, possibly longer. They aren't doing everything perfectly, but it's night/day compared to when Hogan/Bisch first got there.

I couldn't agree more. I want to see more Anderson though. I'm curious if they haven't given him a lot of time lately because he doesn't have as secure a contract as guys like RVD? In my opinion they could build EVERYTHING around Mr Anderson. The guy could take the position AJ is in right now, dump Flair, and really make it PHENOMENAL with Beer Money. I honestly feel bad for AJ because I wanted to see him work out well as a heel but he's been a joke. They killed him by having him put on those knock-off Flair robes. They looked cheap and tacky. He's one of those guys that TNA needs to figure out what works and run with it instead of changing stuff up so often.

I'm still upset about the live Impact when RVD won the title. It would have been a different story if Impact had been doing 2.3+ ratings and the shocking Word title changing hands LIVE made it jump up to a 2.7 or something. That would have made WWE crap themselves. But instead they stuck to their 0.8 - 1.0 and still did the title change when they knew the BEST they could probably get is a 0.3 jump? It was one of those things where you want it to be shocking and a surprise... but it isn't all that great if NOBODY saw it.

I couldn't agree more. I want to see more Anderson though. I'm curious if they haven't given him a lot of time lately because he doesn't have as secure a contract as guys like RVD? In my opinion they could build EVERYTHING around Mr Anderson. The guy could take the position AJ is in right now, dump Flair, and really make it PHENOMENAL with Beer Money. I honestly feel bad for AJ because I wanted to see him work out well as a heel but he's been a joke. They killed him by having him put on those knock-off Flair robes. They looked cheap and tacky. He's one of those guys that TNA needs to figure out what works and run with it instead of changing stuff up so often.

I agree I think that AJ works better as a fan favorite. His last heel run, that horrible Prince AJ crap, to me almost Red Roostered (I know that is not a word but I could not think of a more apt way to say it) his career in my opinion. This heel run is not as bad but like I said he should just be a face and he has to be kept away from the mic.

Why do I think that the whole Why Sting Why storyline has something to do with how Eric and Hogan helped to destroy WCW? The company that Sting had pretty much worked his entire adult life for (Yes I know about the UWF). If that is the case then putting Kevin Nash into this feud would make sense.

That could also be why Double J was attacked and beat down by Sting as Double J was "The Chossen one" of Russo and didn't show up until about a year before WCW closed