The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

While Lacey is without a doubt woeful in the ring, I can't say that I've been particularly impressed with Hamada since she signed with TNA, so it's not surprising she couldn't help carry Lacey to something more watchable. It's all well and good her and Kong putting on awesome bouts elsewhere, but most of the time she's set foot in TNA's ring, she's seemed awkward. If this were TEW, I suspect the old 'Hamada and her opponent don't click' notes would be popping up. Whether langauge is an issue or her style just hasn't meshed with the opponent's I've seen her face... I don't know, for whatever reason either Hamada herself or TNA haven't really done her justice.

Hmm I would disagree there as her matches against Daffney and her New Years Eve matches and tag matches where good imho. Dragging a good match out of the BP, all four, is hard for any performer even with Madison who is the least bad imho.

Sadly I missed the New Year's Eve Knockout special, athough I believe I recall her match with Daffney ended with a moonsault/table spot(?) and I agree on the BP front, Angelina vs. Sarita last week wasn't exactly fluid either. TNA seem to feature Hamada primarily as a tag team performer though, which makes me wonder if they have concerns about using solo or possibly, they don't really know what to do with her.

- Dave Meltzer is reporting that as of right now it looks like replacement for Jerry Lynn in the main event vs RVD will be either Kid Kash or 2 Cold Scorpio however nothing is final at this point.

Gerwick.net

Am I the only one that thinks if either one of these two facing RVD would make a pretty weak mainevent?

Yeah, when I read that, I'm now desperately trying to find out the main event before I purchase. Seems to me that the logical replacement is Sabu...

I thought the same thing. Sabu is the perfect and most logical replacement. Or maybe Rhino since they had that feud at the end of ECW and the fight at the original One Night Stand.

that spoiler really doesnt change my feeling that this is gonna suck..

really out of the list of names of the website I dont have much faith in many of them to not actually stick up the joint..

itll be nice for nostaglia.. but with TNA behind it.. I cant see it being a scratch on One Night Stand or Hardcore Homecoming..

This has much more to do with WWECW and what a joke it became than ONS and HH.

It's going to be an awful show most likely, but most nostalgia shows with guys 40 and over are awful.

I doubt anyone is buying this expecting a show as good as November to Remember '97.

And in case you didn't know it's not really TNA behind it, they're funding it, but Tommy Dreamer is booking it.