The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Heyman wouldn't have come back unless this PPV was guaranteed 100k buys. Its seriously not worth his time to come back for a PPV that was poorly built-up. This was legitimately TNA's attempt to draw Heyman into their company by putting on this ECW reunion show that Heyman probably didn't even want to see happen. He saw his companies name get dragged through the mud in WWE and now he got to see it in TNA as well. If anyone wants ECW to RIP its Heyman.

With that being said I only caught the ending of the show and read results. I thought it was cool that the ring actually looked like an ECW ring. The mat and ropes and whatnot. That was nostalgic enough for me. :o

I'm curious how the TNA guys enjoyed Dreamer at the end of the show... "TNA guys, we raised the bar, so now its up to you to follow." I'd be more than pissed off after that comment if I was AJ Styles, Beer Money, etc. I can't remember what he said exactly, but it was pretty much that.

I wouldn't say they raised anything but their bank accounts. They put on a decent show but come on its not like this was better than Impact before this ECW stuff started. I hope this ECW stuff is out of the way now. The show was ok but it wasn't better than ONS. Awesome vs. Tanaka owned this entire show IMO. In fact this show wasn't better than the second ONS. I've not seen a match in FOREVER that had the heat that Cena/RVD had. This was good but that first ONS was the perfect ending for ECW.

I hope TNA goes on being TNA now and doesn't decide to do The Great United States Bash, Or Squarecade or something.

I wouldn't say they raised anything but their bank accounts. They put on a decent show but come on its not like this was better than Impact before this ECW stuff started. I hope this ECW stuff is out of the way now. The show was ok but it wasn't better than ONS. Awesome vs. Tanaka owned this entire show IMO. In fact this show wasn't better than the second ONS. I've not seen a match in FOREVER that had the heat that Cena/RVD had. This was good but that first ONS was the perfect ending for ECW.

I hope TNA goes on being TNA now and doesn't decide to do The Great United States Bash, Or Squarecade or something.

Couldn't agree more. Can't see how any of the ECW wrestlers felt that ONS in '05 wasn't the perfect send-off. Sure, WWE brought it back as the brand and tarnished the reputation, but it was a company that went bankrupt and was never known for having a good reputation anyway. Even though the Hammerstein can only fit like 1,500 or whatever, the RVD/Cena crowd was as loud as a 15,000 arena in my opinion. I've never seen anything like that before or after. Cena getting his shirt tossed back into the ring like six times and the epic chants that WWE didn't try beeping out at all. The commentary from Foley and Styles was top-notch as well. I'll never forget Styles' commentary during that Awesome / Tanaka match. Priceless. :)

I'm assuming Dreamer's comment came off sounding worse than he wanted to. Perhaps he was just saying that they put on a decent show as "has-beens" and that there's no reason those young guys can't do epic stuff. I'm pretty sure everyone already knows what TNA's roster is capable off... but they can't exactly showcase that when their company gives away a PPV for a month.

Couldn't agree more. Can't see how any of the ECW wrestlers felt that ONS in '05 wasn't the perfect send-off. Sure, WWE brought it back as the brand and tarnished the reputation, but it was a company that went bankrupt and was never known for having a good reputation anyway. Even though the Hammerstein can only fit like 1,500 or whatever, the RVD/Cena crowd was as loud as a 15,000 arena in my opinion. I've never seen anything like that before or after. Cena getting his shirt tossed back into the ring like six times and the epic chants that WWE didn't try beeping out at all. The commentary from Foley and Styles was top-notch as well. I'll never forget Styles' commentary during that Awesome / Tanaka match. Priceless. :)

I'm assuming Dreamer's comment came off sounding worse than he wanted to. Perhaps he was just saying that they put on a decent show as "has-beens" and that there's no reason those young guys can't do epic stuff. I'm pretty sure everyone already knows what TNA's roster is capable off... but they can't exactly showcase that when their company gives away a PPV for a month.

While I still think Joey is one of the best announcers ever, his comments about Mike Awesome pissed me off. I'm not even talking about now, I was pissed watching the show. He said he wished Mike Awesome would kill himself. That, is not cool.

While I still think Joey is one of the best announcers ever, his comments about Mike Awesome pissed me off. I'm not even talking about now, I was pissed watching the show. He said he wished Mike Awesome would kill himself. That, is not cool.

Those comments weren't exactly 'awesome', but I loved how real Styles was on commentary that night and how great it was to see his emotion come through (even though it may have been morbid).

Its crazy that I've seen more praise for this pay per view than I've seen for all of TNA. I think it goes to show you how powerful nostalgia is for ECW. They had a very passionate fanbase and anytime they do something with this name that passion comes out one way or another.

Although in all due honesty the pay per view was ok. It was about as good as most ECW pay per views were. A few good matches and the rest having random brawling by guys that the top guys didn't want to touch then or now.

I fear this praise that everyone is giving this show is going to make TNA think "hey this whole ECW thing is a good idea" just like Vince did. He did the book, he did the DVD, then brought it back for a pay per view, brought it back again and then decided to make the whole brand ECW. We saw how quickly that got out of hand.

Without Paul this ECW thing needs to stop here and if Paul were here I'm sure he wouldn't be interested in continuing ECW.