The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

<p>UPDATED: TNA Releases Homicide</p><p>

Posted by Larry Csonka on 08.19.2010</p><p> </p><p>

So much for the LAX reunion…</p><p> </p><p>

UPDATE: Homicide commented on his TNA release via Twitter, here is what he had to say…</p><p> </p><p>

my tna days is over, thank u for the staff members and the boys and girls in the locker room, had a great run, bbllaattt187 for life</p><p> </p><p>

yes, hopefully in 4 weeks im 100%, then i make a descion where im going to go and do</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

ORIGINAL: According to Pwinsider.com, TNA has released former X-Division and Tag Team champion Homicide. Homicide had been with the company since 2005. Since Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan came to the company, Homicide had not been used much on Impact, mostly appearing on Xplosion. They shot an injury angle with him, involving Matt Morgan and Hernandez, which was supposed to lead to the return of LAX down the line.</p><p> </p><p>

Homicide recently relocated back to the Northeast, and it is expected that he will work a lot in that area again. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>My boy is finally free!!!</strong></p>

Homicide going is for the best. I mean he is a talented guy who once LAX broke up never went anywhere. I would rather see him go back to ROH where he will probably get pushed again (Also I am going to the ROH card in Mass. in September so for selfish reasons I want to see the best card possible.) rather than not be used at all.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fantabulous" data-cite="Fantabulous" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article1009629.shtml" rel="external nofollow">http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article1009629.shtml</a><p> </p><p> Most sites tend to round up to an even number, which is where the incorrect 1.5 comes from. And no, I was not thinking about the second hour.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Weird as the rest of the avenue dated are rounded past the second digit. EG 1.61, 1.67 etc. Still it is a 1.45 not a 1.4 or 1.44 lol, I know nitpicking, and yes if you round that up/down you should make it a 1.5 not a 1.4.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Homicide being free might give ROH fans a bit of relief after Daniel Bryan and Tyler Black leaving, Davey Richards retiring and still rumors of Daniels and Strong leaving as well.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agreed, too bad no LAX reunion but if that was not in the cards it is best for both sides. Homocide really shot himself in the foot when he said he did not need practice getting out of the Steel Asylum for the Jan 4th show and thus partly killed the début of Hardy.</p>

Agreed, too bad no LAX reunion but if that was not in the cards it is best for both sides. Homocide really shot himself in the foot when he said he did not need practice getting out of the Steel Asylum for the Jan 4th show and thus partly killed the début of Hardy.

If I remember correctly it was supposed to be the start of a feud with Hardy and thus a singles push and he blew it. At least I'll be able to see him close to home now!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If this EV2.0 stuff is going to lead to Tommy Dreamer headlining Impact(s), I am not a fan.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">Agreed. I loved ECW but this storyline feels really, really, bland already. Plus, Dreamer shouldn't be headlining anything at this point; to be honest. I'm all for 'telling a story' but really? </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> Also, it may be a small thing BUT AJ Styles should have come out last in the Main Event & not Dreamer. While Tommy is a 'legend of hardcore', AJ Styles is THE cornerstone of TNA. They should treat him as such. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';"> Side note, I loved AJ's promo tonight. </span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Slagaholic" data-cite="Slagaholic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I remember correctly it was supposed to be the start of a feud with Hardy and thus a singles push and he blew it. At least I'll be able to see him close to home now!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How did he blow it? The hole in the top of the cage wasn't big enough for him to crawl out of.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why did they have all faces advance into the semi-finals? I just thought that was dumb. I mean I know the Pope is big for them but really Matt Morgan (as much as I dislike him) probably should have won that match.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:'Century Gothic';">Not to mention, the ending looked pretty botched; just made both of them look bad in my mind. </span></p>

<p>Agree 4 faces in the tourney is strange.</p><p> </p><p>

I really feel alot of the angles are such a mess and no-one knows what they are doing and when they are supposed to be doing it, as well as the fans not booing all the heels. Not too impressed with the show, decnt but I get really annoyed by the (Mr. Anderson, The leader of the BP, Dixie and Hulks) reality, realistic segment like where Hogan said I don't know if O can do it anymore and the run ins and promos are so repetitive.</p>

I like the 'candid' interviews. A lot of them felt less 'stagey' than their usual Hemme-led fare. Some of them were oddly placed though. The Brutus Magnus thing was cool (tad 'inside' and babyface-ish for my liking) but way too early on the show. It was 20 minutes before we had a match. The show lacked momentum going in.

I flicked through Impact. Very little floated my boat. I thought AJ cut a really good promo, especially considering he had to follow Flair. My only problem with it is that I don't understand how he's the heel. AJ is TNA. More than Dreamer or any of those guys at least. If he cut the same promo at Kurt or Joe or MCMG? Different story. That's a heel move. However in this case all I could do is agree with the guy. Then Dixie Carter comes out and tells him to shut up? The storyline is so backwards to me. Why would any wrestling fan cheer Dixie Carter over AJ Styles? I just don't get it.

Angle/Williams was disappointing. I think I over-estimate how good Doug Williams is. The match was short and clunky.

How did he blow it? The hole in the top of the cage wasn't big enough for him to crawl out of.

Hmm bigger guys then him had no problem before. He blew it because they asked and urged him to practice to get out of the cage and he said he did not need the practice and he could do it. And then well you know the result.

I like the 'candid' interviews. A lot of them felt less 'stagey' than their usual Hemme-led fare. Some of them were oddly placed though. The Brutus Magnus thing was cool (tad 'inside' and babyface-ish for my liking) but way too early on the show. It was 20 minutes before we had a match. The show lacked momentum going in.

I flicked through Impact. Very little floated my boat. I thought AJ cut a really good promo, especially considering he had to follow Flair. My only problem with it is that I don't understand how he's the heel. AJ is TNA. More than Dreamer or any of those guys at least. If he cut the same promo at Kurt or Joe or MCMG? Different story. That's a heel move. However in this case all I could do is agree with the guy. Then Dixie Carter comes out and tells him to shut up? The storyline is so backwards to me. Why would any wrestling fan cheer Dixie Carter over AJ Styles? I just don't get it.

Angle/Williams was disappointing. I think I over-estimate how good Doug Williams is. The match was short and clunky.

Yeah I am much the same I cheer Fortune on hehe. But I can see what they are doing as it is clear who is supposed to be the heels.

Williams Angle needed more time imho but I liked the semi final matches and Dreamer looked better then ever during his WWECW run. But yeah that should not have been the main event imho. Plus was the title on the line or not? Or is that the idea for extra heel heat. AJ having a TV title that he never defends? Contrary to his own statements I think.

Yeah I am much the same I cheer Fortune on hehe. But I can see what they are doing as it is clear who is supposed to be the heels.

It's clear who's supposed to be the heels, yet I find the psychology behind it fundamentally flawed, and a surprising message on TNA's opinion of themselves. Wasn't an old catchphrase of theirs "TNA. This Is Wrestling."? Yet the just-arrived garbage-can nostalgia acts are the babyfaces, and the loyal, homegrown wrestler-wrestlers who have been with the company for years are the heels? To me, it sounds like they're Pro being the saviour of wrestling's cast-offs, and Anti establishing their own identity. Which seems weird to me.

... but I'm biased. I'll admit that. I who was never enamored with the particular crop of ECW guys they have right now, and I don't habour much resentment towards Vince for 'ruining ECW'. I don't think ECW was short changed, nor do I think they particularly deserve another chance. Maybe that's what I'm missing. They're catering towards the Vince-hated ECW fans, who want to see ECW achieve the glory they were robbed of.

I might feel better about the heel-babyface dynamic if Fortune were a bunch of ex-WCW/WWF guys, surrogate Vince McMahons, keeping ECW down once more. However then I'd probably complain about taking too much time on old guys, and not putting any TNA originals over.

Dixie Carter really annoyed me with her promo though. Telling AJ Styles "this is my house". That to me is a gigantic heel line. Vince McMahon to Steve Austin level heel. I've had my boss tell me things like that many times, and it made me want to knock him out. I can relate to AJ's plight. Other than kinda wanting to nail her, I feel no emotional connection to Dixie.

AJ is TNA as you said and Dixie Carter i feel shouldn't be on TV as i get annoyed when people cheer her i mean what has she done heroic to deserve the cheers she banned Sting

I agree with AJ as a heel. I really would love to see him play the role well but there's something missing. Maybe it's just the fact that, regardless of what he says, I like the guy? I mean, maybe they haven't done enough to really make him disliked? Then again, I'm afraid I would probably cheer for anything he did realistically. ha.

As for Fortune, I honestly 100% think this has been botched for the most part. Sure, some will label it as me being a 'smark' but doesn't it feel like this faction was half-assed created under the radar? Plus, Flair has truly become a 'crazy old man' at this point, so, the faction just seems alittle weird. Not to mention, if they really are a group based upon 'taking over TNA' then don't you think they would help their own-guy, can't remember his name for the life of me right now, defeat the Pope in the Title tourney? Seemed a little weird that they wouldn't go 'all in' to get their guy the title. That way, they really do look like they're trying to 'take over'.

As for Dixie, I agree she shouldn't be on TV as the only thing she's really good for is a 'Wow, she looks good for her age' kind of comment. ha.

I think Fortune atm is more concerned with getting rid of the old guys then the titles atm plus they believe in their own hype so to speak which is why they did not assist their two entrants in the tournament Williams and Morgan. Plus those two are the fringe players/latest additions to the group.

General Smarks will cheer for Fortune, nostalgia marks and smarks will cheer for the Old Guys, marks will cheer for those coming off most sympathetic which atm is still the EV2 guys and Hogan and Jarrett. I personally like it as it is not as cookie cutter as normal plus if they had a whole heel faction of former WCW/WWE stars trying to dominate again it would be MEM2.0.

And yeah Dixie has no place being involved in storylines except maybe uber uber rare occasions like when Sting man handled her. Her role is what Bisch, Hogan and to a lesser extant Jarrett are for.

Stil I enjoyed the show 5 good to decent matches 1 KO storyline match leading to a possible original BP reunion and some nice angles and beat downs. My only real personal gripe was the lack of Joe, Wolf, Hernandez (who would have been better then Terry).

And yeah Dixie has no place being involved in storylines except maybe uber uber rare occasions like when Sting man handled her. Her role is what Bisch, Hogan and to a lesser extant Jarrett are for.

I agree. How many people do they have in that company that are basically doing the same on-air job?

AJ is not very good as a heel, he is much better as a face. I mean remember his last heel run? I thought for sure that whole Prince AJ gimmick would have killed his career, much like the Red Rooster killed Terry Taylor's career. Now granted this heel run is not as bad as the last one but he just does not have what it takes to be a good heel.

I've actually enjoyed A.J as a heel. He's not pandered to the crowd, he's not been lost on the mic and he seems to be confident in what he's saying.

I really wish they wouldn't have started it out by making him Ric Flair Jr. with the robe and even talk of completely dying his hair before I guess settling on frosted tips. If it wasn't for the Hulk Jr. vs. Flair Jr. feud I would have really enjoyed A.J's entire run.

He's a lot more comfortable on the mic now than he was eight years ago. Even his Prince A.J stuff he showed he can be funny or atleast I enjoyed it. It wasn't main event heel type stuff but it was entertaining.

I tell you a guy that doesn't get enough mic time thats Matt Morgan. The guy seems to be Ric Flair's body guard now. I think thats a waste. A bodyguard should be a guy that can just stand there and look mean.

Matt has the ability and charisma to be a main eventer and honestly should be in contention for the title.

Pope, Morgan, Wolfe, those are the three guys that have the stuff right now to be either RIGHT below main event or in the main event. However all of them are kind of just doing whatever now days.

Wolfe's on Xplosion, looks like their going to mat Matt into Flair's bodyguard, and Pope well he's not doing what he was doing in March thats for sure. So frustrating to hear about the "future" when they were well on their way to that in March and now I can't even watch due to the silly EV2.0 stuff.