The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Ive seen on Twitter that TNAUKWRESTLING has said that

Put in white in case anyone doesnt want to know.

Has anyone seen this on other sites?

Nope nowhere else just a bs rumour seeing as Wolf was backstage and all and Gen Me was already informed yesterday they would have to work. it's probably injury mate plain and simple.

Watched the MCMG vs Gen Me match. Fun stuff. Shelley actually sold for a change so that was a big plus. Love the heel turn. I hear the Bucks are really fun heels in PWG, so hopefully that'll translate to TNA and lead to an extended program between them and the Guns.

Also saw Jeff vs Angle. I wasn't blown away. Very good, not as amazing as some people are telling me. Seeing as I'm currently on a UFC kick, I loved the ticking clock aspect, but there were long periods of nothing happening. Too long.

Couldn't be bothered to watch anything else.

EDIT: In follow up to my crying over the Fandemonium DVD, I was wrong, there is a MCMG tag match on it. The Global Impact 2 match where they won the IWGP tag titles in included as a 'Bonus'. A fun watch, although I don't think the announcers were biased enough. I'll make a soccer analogy. In a Premier League game, the commentators are largely unbiased, but during an England International game, the English commentators are clearly cheering on 'their guys'. They're not proud of that, but they can't help it. I'd love to have heard Don West and Mike Tenay doing likewise for this international fixture; frantically cheering on the MCMG, pleading for them to make covers, going ballistic for every big move, cursing the ref for every two count... I think it could have been cool.

I'm aware how 'old news' this match is. Just a thought that sprung to mind.

A thought just struck me last night now that BFG is coming up what BFG could have looked like. I found it somewhat unsettling.

AJ vs RVD for the world

Angle vs Joe for no1 contender

Hardy vs Daniels Grudge

Anderson vs Pope vs Wolf TV title

Guns vs Beer Money Tag Title

Lethal vs Kaz X Title

Kong vs Flash KO title

Morgan vs Abyss vs Rhino Monster's ball

LAX vs British Invasion vs Gen Me vs 3D TLC No1 Contender

Kendrick vs Red vs Moore vs Young Ultimate X No1 Contender

Sarita vs Hamada vs Wilde vs Tara No1 Contender

Not in order but you get the point. Didn't even hire anybody just some not fired.

Watched the MCMG vs Gen Me match. Fun stuff. Shelley actually sold for a change so that was a big plus. Love the heel turn. I hear the Bucks are really fun heels in PWG, so hopefully that'll translate to TNA and lead to an extended program between them and the Guns.

I've not seen the PPV yet, but, I can confirm, ever since their heel turn last year, they've gotten exponentially better. They play the "we're the future" type of heel well...

It also helps that PWG isn't TNA, so they can do the "we're in the big time now" act. Which usually gets a ton of Xplosion chants. But, it's all good.

Hulk Hogan Hospitalized

From TMZ.com:

Sources close to Hulk Hogan tell TMZ the wrestling legend was taken to the hospital today because of "excruciating back pain."

We're told Hogan -- who has had several back surgeries throughout the years -- has had trouble the past few days and woke up this morning unable to get out of bed.

His girlfriend called the ambulance and, we're told, he was taken to a local hospital in Clearwater, FL.

Sources tell TMZ Hogan is still in the hospital where tests are being run.

Kurt Angle Injury

Jeremy Borash noted on his Twitter page that Kurt Angle dislocated one of his ribs at last night's TNA No Surrender PPV. The injury occured in his match against Jeff Hardy when Hardy hit him with the swanton. Borash included pictures of Kurt Angle backstage on his Twitter page.

"With Kurt Angle right now backstage. He suffered a dislocated rib on the @JEFFHARDYBRAND swanton to the floor. The amazing Dr. Tim Adair, who works for TNA backstage, has put Kurt's rib back in place. Angle says he is good to go. What a machine."