The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Thats awesome, I don't care if it was the best angles ever done in pro wrestling I would never watch a show with 7% wrestling. I don't watch wrestling for sub par acting I watch wrestling for wrestling.

After this show nobody can talk about the WWE needing to put more wrestling on their shows so thats nice.

Glad to hear it was a good show for those that enjoyed it. Maybe this will generate interest just not mine lol.

This may come off wrong so I will start it with saying no disrespect. That argument is pointless and completely invalid unless one of two or both takes place. If the person compares TNA to WWE when talking amount of wrestling or they are seen praising this then make an statement on WWE something like only 35 minuets of wrestling on a 2 hour show is unacceptable. Though adding something like when the angles are that bad, would make it okay to say. Unless they link WWE to TNA or they say something that doesn’t gel with something they said before then what TNA does should not effect what people say about WWE and vice-versa.

I agree with you and my only point was so many people say they watch TNA because even if the angles are bad and the storylines are pointless the wrestling is better. That is more than ok and again I'm a big fan of whatever you like is cool with me.

That being said I can't imagine people saying "I only watch TNA because the wrestling is better" I can't imagine that group of guys enjoying a show of eight minutes of wrestling or whatever it was.

I didn't watch the show so I'm not judging how good or bad the angles were I was just pointing out in the past there has been a large group of TNA fans (not even here just in general) that are very loyal because of AJ Styles, Joe, Daniels, MCMG, etc.

On a show with eight minutes of wrestling that wouldn't be a good reason to watch TNA.

Again though people seem to have enjoyed it so good for them. On the flip side I wouldn't enjoy a show with only eight minutes of angles either.

Dude... you have the script over there don't you... How soon do they turn again? I haven't read next weeks spoilers yet... :p

I umm... Well, I was just putting things together, trying to figure it out. I got the idea from LionTamer, so he should really get all the credit.

In all honesty though, I actually DID enjoy the show. I even thought Dixie was incredible, I think I felt a tear drop in my eye (not really, lol). But that was the best acting I seen out of her.... Ever..."Wipe the smug look off your face!"

This may come off wrong so I will start it with saying no disrespect. That argument is pointless and completely invalid unless one of two or both takes place. If the person compares TNA to WWE when talking amount of wrestling or they are seen praising this then make an statement on WWE something like only 35 minuets of wrestling on a 2 hour show is unacceptable. Though adding something like when the angles are that bad, would make it okay to say. Unless they link WWE to TNA or they say something that doesn’t gel with something they said before then what TNA does should not effect what people say about WWE and vice-versa.

Pretty sure he was saying that tongue in cheek, jokingly.

I never liked comparing one to make the other look bad... We enjoy it, there is room for more then one wrestling company, and we should try to respect other's for whichever one they like... People shouldn't feel compelled to have to "Choose", they should be able to enjoy them both without someone going "OMG, I can't believe your a TNA/WWE fan, you should watch WWE/TNA!"

I agree there shouldn't be a "choose" but it does feel that way sometimes doesn't it? Either way I'm glad people enjoyed the show.

Honestly I'm really enjoying RAW these days and I'm sure there are people out there that are hating that so yeah it was more or less a tongue and cheek post.

I agree there shouldn't be a "choose" but it does feel that way sometimes doesn't it? Either way I'm glad people enjoyed the show.

Yeah it does which always bothered me. I am one of them people who just likes watching wrestling. Last time an ROH show came to town I went. The last time TNA came to town I went. When WWE comes here on the 24th I am going. I have been to one of the local Indys for the last 12 or so shows they have done. Heck I have taken vacation days to go see all 4. Hell I even went to a Wrestlelicous taping (it was a double bill with that indy F1rst Wrestling) and if it wasn’t for working on Saturday and Sunday with limited vacation days I would go to more local events. So when people act like I have to pick one it gets on my nerves. They are on different days and I have a DVR I don’t need to pick.

Honestly I'm really enjoying RAW these days and I'm sure there are people out there that are hating that so yeah it was more or less a tongue and cheek post.

Yes, it feels that way sometimes, and alot of times. The thing is I try not to get too caught up in that, and I think most here do as well. All wrestling fans want the same thing... another EPIC ERA! That's all we want.

Yes, it feels that way sometimes, and alot of times. The thing is I try not to get too caught up in that, and I think most here do as well. All wrestling fans want the same thing... another EPIC ERA! That's all we want.

That simple... why can't they just do it agian? Jeez...

Wait... TNA just pulled their nWo card.... I bet we see Vince back on TV soon on the other channel... The re-revolution will be televised.... :D

no. JWow = Stupid name for a stupid girl.

Well, she ain't that stupid if she is getting 15k to appear on TNA. Get that girl an award.

You know, I keep seeing a big deal made out of 15k, with a sort of "celebrity" I guess.. Never watched Jersey Shore or whatever it's called, but I'm guessing more of a reality show or something... Never seen it so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, I can get up to 500 bucks at a nightclub that knows nothing about me, to DJ.... Now, I understand that's for at least four hours work, but in comparison to someone like Jazzy Jeff or some other "famous" DJ, it's nothing.

I've actually been offered 1500 (one/tenth of what she made) to DJ at an event on the beach.... They knew me though. This was probably 10 years ago, as I've not done anything in 10 years (still get asked around this time of year though, which makes me feel all warm inside, lol). IF I can make that much, I don't see why someone on a TV show couldn't make quite a bit more (I would expect people to make at least 10 times more then I can, if they are popular). I guess my point is, I would hope that TNA can afford 15k for a one time appearance by semi-popular stars. It's not like they are paying this everyday.

Is there another reason people are making a big deal about the money, that I'm not seeing?

You know, I keep seeing a big deal made out of 15k, with a sort of "celebrity" I guess.. Never watched Jersey Shore or whatever it's called, but I'm guessing more of a reality show or something... Never seen it so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, I can get up to 500 bucks at a nightclub that knows nothing about me, to DJ.... Now, I understand that's for at least four hours work, but in comparison to someone like Jazzy Jeff or some other "famous" DJ, it's nothing.

I've actually been offered 1500 (one/tenth of what she made) to DJ at an event on the beach.... They knew me though. This was probably 10 years ago, as I've not done anything in 10 years (still get asked around this time of year though, which makes me feel all warm inside, lol). IF I can make that much, I don't see why someone on a TV show couldn't make quite a bit more (I would expect people to make at least 10 times more then I can, if they are popular). I guess my point is, I would hope that TNA can afford 15k for a one time appearance by semi-popular stars. It's not like they are paying this everyday.

Is there another reason people are making a big deal about the money, that I'm not seeing?

I agree with you. Look what that $15k did. Got them publicity in places most wouldn't have thought about. So Bischoff can't get money for advertising and here he goes and pulls in a "talent" that will get the advertising for them.

Agreed. It's stupid... why alienate the rest of world?

It's more an editing thing. They didn't have the time or put in the effort/money with the live show. Hopefully TNA can edit it for their foreign markets without ReAction. If they don't then that is just dumb. Seems to me the promo's where very good but didn't explain much. I can understand having a promo heavy show to explain the fall out but then they should actually explain stuff!

I agree with you. Look what that $15k did. Got them publicity in places most wouldn't have thought about. So Bischoff can't get money for advertising and here he goes and pulls in a "talent" that will get the advertising for them.

It was a good advertising move for just 15k, too bad they had her appear on the second hour and MTV and TNA themselves didn't promote it more. Now if they can have TNA wrestling be featured on the Jersey Shore show itself then that would be awesome for TNA.

And no I don't personally like it but it is "hot" right and also on a Viacom entity now so use it.

lol atleast it wasen't dj scribble......now that dude is famous.

I the fact of what they paid a huge deal because of tna is so small? What did the wwe pay mr. spears woops i mean keven federline for his group of shows? It was ALOT more then 15k i bet. I think fifteen thousend on a c list celeb is not unheard of. If it gets them publicity then more power to them.