The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

<p>The nWo was one of the best things to ever happen to wrestling and I am tired of people bringing it up in relation to TNA.</p><p> </p><p>

That belt has Hardy's face on it. Nobody will have that belt for long except for Hardy. If RVD wins the title back we will have another TNA title. You could see how the TNA title was broken when Hardy handed it over.</p><p> </p><p>

I liked the very first segment where the faces came out from different places. Hated the Robbie E and Cookie bantering and how long it took for the match to get going. The match wasn't logical though and Taylor running right by the pinning attempt really annoyed me.</p><p> </p><p>

Positives...</p><p> </p><p>

Matt Morgan getting a push.</p><p>

RVD wanting his title back.</p><p>

Angle and Samoa Joe looking to align against Jarrett eventually... hopefully.</p><p>

Pope and Abyss is interesting to me. I don't mind Abyss and think he is TNA's Kane/Undertaker</p><p>

EV2.0 seeming to be breaking apart slowly.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="juggaloninjalee" data-cite="juggaloninjalee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The nWo was one of the best things to ever happen to wrestling and I am tired of people bringing it up in relation to TNA.<p> </p><p> That belt has Hardy's face on it. Nobody will have that belt for long except for Hardy. If RVD wins the title back we will have another TNA title. You could see how the TNA title was broken when Hardy handed it over.</p><p> </p><p> I liked the very first segment where the faces came out from different places. Hated the Robbie E and Cookie bantering and how long it took for the match to get going. The match wasn't logical though and Taylor running right by the pinning attempt really annoyed me.</p><p> </p><p> Positives...</p><p> </p><p> Matt Morgan getting a push.</p><p> RVD wanting his title back.</p><p> Angle and Samoa Joe looking to align against Jarrett eventually... hopefully.</p><p> Pope and Abyss is interesting to me. I don't mind Abyss and think he is TNA's Kane/Undertaker</p><p> EV2.0 seeming to be breaking apart slowly.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They bring it up in relation to TNA because TNA has tried to blatantly rip it off many times. I mean come on the BANDS logo was the nWo's freaking logo, it had all former members of the nWo in it and they constantly talked about basically being the nWo. In fact they would have called themselves the nWo if they could have gotten away with it. </p><p> </p><p> The MEM was the nWo as well. The Kings of Wrestling? Yup you guessed it they were an nWo faction as well. And now Immortal makes four, deny it if you want but Immortal IS the nWo you. You can choose to deny it loudly as much as you want that doesn't change the fact that several people (including myself twice) have pointed out how Immortal is exactly another rehash of the nWo. So Kings of Wrestilng, Main Event Mafia, The Band and now Immortal. In the eight years TNA has existed they have done four nWo factions. That means once every two years TNA decided to bring back a faction that hasn't drawn a time since 1998. </p><p> </p><p> So as much as your sick of people bringing up the nWo/TNA storylines we're sick of seeing them at this point. Lets call it a draw. </p><p> </p><p> Really all anyone has said about it is that it looks like something out of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers which in certain circles could be a good thing. My problem with it is that Hardy didn't buy this championship belt himself. If you believe that Jeff Hardy spent a ton of his own money to make some weird championship just for a gimmick then you're delusional. Clearly its his belt but clearly TNA paid for the belt. </p><p> </p><p> What I found laughable is that TNA wanted to ditch the Legends title once it ran its course but management said they spent too much on the championship just to ditch it. </p><p> </p><p> The point isn't the championship and the point isn't even that they needed a championship. Its that they spent money on a championship and wanted to scrap it, now they have spent money on a personalized championship that realistically inside of a year will be useless. (how long does the WWE use its championships? The Attitude Championship was used for four years, the title before that was used for mabe twice that long, this title has been used for five years). Championship belts are not cheap and looking at the detail I'd say that was more costly than a generic championship. The problem is in a year they need ANOTHER World Championship. For a money that is so closely monitoring its spending and unable to employ guys like Eric Young and the Knockouts for the money they deserve yet they drop cash on championships like its nothing. </p><p> </p><p> Furthermore I have a REAL problem with throwing your title in the trash can. When that was done with Vince's women's championship it was horrible all across the wrestling universe. Not in a good way in an X pac heat sorta way. Vince McMahon himself was appalled by it and well he's Vince McMahon and it was just the women's championship. My point is you don't throw the most important thing in your entire company in the trash for a storyline thats going to last a year and a storyline thats not even hot yet. Now if John Cena showed up with the WWE World Title, yeah throw that bad boy in the trash and light it on fire. Not too mention didn't they already do that with the ECW and Rhino years ago? </p><p> </p><p> Anyway I have mentioned some postive things in TNA but right now I'm not watching because there arent' many positives. Here are some things I liked in April. </p><p> </p><p> Fortune in april the group was just forming and I loved the storyline. Now their an after thought and really obviously breaking a part because Immortal is the new heel stable and their not needed. You can't say Fortune is a positive anymore.</p><p> </p><p> Jay Lethal in April was feuding with Ric Flair and AJ Styles he was opening up impact's, he was the hottest act they had. Whats he doing now? Losing to bad Zack Ryder rip offs and being left off shows. </p><p> </p><p> Desmond Wolfe, this one isn't TNA's fault except for they excluded him from Fortune so he could be part of a tag team that was featured soley on Xplosion. </p><p> </p><p> The Pope he was feuding for the World Title and again one of the hottest acts in the company. Whats he doing now? Losing to Abyss at pay per views and generally just a fall guy in the upper mid card. When was the last time Pope won a singles match on pay per view? Don't worry I'll wait you gotta go back to around February.</p><p> </p><p> So now that those positives are gone and buried I have no will to get invested in NEW positives when TNA has shown me they'll just screw those up as well.</p>

ok the belt on tv is even worse. did i see a orange and purple hologram on each side of the belt? Really.........I get it is a "custom" belt but come on. Hardy is a dark char now........not a flashy colorfull face painted hero any more. If they kept the face paint it would be a little better. But come on this is the worst belt i have ever seen.

It looks more like a womens belt because its purple COME ON NO COMPANY WILL BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY WITH A PURPLE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP. I actually watched TNA's Impact tonight because for the first time in a while I was home on a Thursday night and man now I want those two hours of my life back. I always like watching reaction because its something completely different so that is the only reason why I can even stomach TNA. There product is so bad that every time I give them a chance they screw it up and make me not want to watch. A handful of my friends as well as myself all say that we want to like TNA but TNA Makes it impossible because they are so stupid in their decision making. If TNA lasts another year I will be completely shocked because the way they are going they should close tomorow.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Slagaholic" data-cite="Slagaholic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>And the burial of the faces continues...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When did Fortune turn face?</p>

Also...

That belt has Hardy's face on it. Nobody will have that belt for long except for Hardy. If RVD wins the title back we will have another TNA title. You could see how the TNA title was broken when Hardy handed it over.

..you don't still honestly think Hardy bought the belt and NOT TNA? You've got more common sense than that, right?

Again...I don't have any problem with the angle around the new title and I think it "fits" the Jeff Hardy character just fine and I'm sure that the belt will be replaced whenever the "hero" finally takes Hardy and the Immortals down (I have no idea who that is and I kinda don't think TNA knows either)...

But the idea that Hardy bought the belt himself is crazy so I"m just wondering if that's what you still think..

While I do agree that the Immortals is another version of the nWo, I do have to disagree with the Main Event Mafia being another version of the nWo. The Mafia was an elite group of only former World Champions and with with the exception of Joe they did not add any members aside from the core group. While the Mafia was featured in the main feuds in TNA, they did not run the promotion like the nWo or Immortal. It's just my opinion but the Mafia was a whole other beast.

<p>...............That's it, I've oficially had enough.</p><p> </p><p>

I can't watch the arse gravey that TNA call Impact any longer.</p><p> </p><p>

Dull, tedious, flat out boring for 95% of the time at best. </p><p> </p><p>

I haven't cared about Hogan and Bischoff since the late nineties and I care even less about them now.</p><p> </p><p>

Take your old, broken asses off the tv and let the wrestlers wrestle.</p><p> </p><p>

Can anybody honestly say they enjoy this?</p>

So you all know I was right about Jeff Hardy actually paying for that belt. He bought it from the same guys who made Shannon Moores title Top Rope Belts.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/topropebelts

TNA didn't pay for the belt.

You're ridiculous. Seriously. All that link showed was the guy who MADE the belt.

Think about what you're saying: TNA is the second largest wrestling promotion in the US. They have over a dozen national corporations as sponsors and a TV deal on cable network.

but you're saying that they had their world champion go out and design a title ON HIS OWN - without anyone's knowledge - and then what? He showed up at Impact (not a live show mind you) and they just decided at the last second "y'know..we didn't want this belt but why don't we go ahead and run a 10 minute angle to open the show where we throw OUR OWN title in the trash??"

Is that what you think? Because that's stupid. I know you like defending TNA every time someone criticizes it...but that's just stupid.

Be reasonable: I'm sure Jeff helped with the design, but someone in charge at TNA discussed and eventually approved the design. And yes, they paid for it. Performers don't get to go out and make their own gear to wear on TV to represent the major company they are working for w/o getting approval.

That's not the way the world works.

Impact, thought Rhino turning was stupid (is he still leaving?) and Brother Ray annoyed me (not in a heel heat way in, stupid way) hope they don't feud (at least in ring) after their 'retirement'.

Glad I watch it online so I can skip through it, I generally watch it in about 40 minutes and I think thats as much as I can bare.

That said I do get a chuckle when Taz and Tenay build stuff up like it's the most shocking, amazing, blockbuster thing when it really something obvious or crap. I know it their job but it always get me

I am saying he had a belt made. Then they worked it into a storyline after Hardy ordered it more than likely. I dont think Hogan and Bischoff or whoever writes storylines said... lets make a belt just for 1 guy so that we spend the money on 2 new belts in the next year. 1 for this guy and 1 for a TNA World Title.

If they couldnt get a new TV belt made in place for the legends belt why would they be able to get a personalized belt and a new world belt approved? Do your bosses at your jobs work that way? I highly doubt it.

Oh and Top Rope Belts isn't the company that does the TNA belts as far as I can tell. http://www.topropebelts.com

raven is raven...thats all ive gotta say,he's the man of 50000000000 moves

laceys gone,huzzah..bye bye manface,now i can pay all my attention to velvet lol

Hey I loved Raven operative word is past tense though. He could become a good Road Agent or writer/booker but his active talent days in a non short nostalgia ways are behind him.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="juggaloninjalee" data-cite="juggaloninjalee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am saying he had a belt made. Then they worked it into a storyline after Hardy ordered it more than likely. I dont think Hogan and Bischoff or whoever writes storylines said... lets make a belt just for 1 guy so that we spend the money on 2 new belts in the next year. 1 for this guy and 1 for a TNA World Title.<p> </p><p> If they couldnt get a new TV belt made in place for the legends belt why would they be able to get a personalized belt and a new world belt approved? Do your bosses at your jobs work that way? I highly doubt it.</p><p> </p><p> Oh and Top Rope Belts isn't the company that does the TNA belts as far as I can tell. <a href="http://www.topropebelts.com" rel="external nofollow">http://www.topropebelts.com</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Huh? This makes no sense.</p><p> </p><p> Order of events:</p><p> </p><p> 1. Old belt is busted up.</p><p> </p><p> 2. To get heel heat and replace old one decision is made to unveil new belt for the heel stable champion.</p><p> </p><p> 3. Said champion (helps) pick who makes the belt as it will be a personalized belt.</p><p> </p><p> 4. TNA ok's the design and after completion pays for the belt.</p><p> </p><p> 5. TNA runs the angle.</p><p> </p><p> What you are saying Hardy went and ordered a belt for himself just for kicks. TNA found out about it and then decided to make it into an angle to replace the old one?</p><p> </p><p> Sorry I think the first scenario is way way way more likely and if the second one happened I need proof.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HughBatey4" data-cite="HughBatey4" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So every heel stable must be an nWo ripoff?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The vast majority are Four Horsemen ripoffs. Many of TNA's are nWo ripoffs though, (and Immortal certainly is) - hence the rather enormous size.</p><p> </p><p> Only problem I have with TNA's titles is that the TV title looks so much larger and more impressive than Jeff Hardy's new one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hyde Hill" data-cite="Hyde Hill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Huh? This makes no sense.<p> </p><p> Order of events:</p><p> </p><p> 1. Old belt is busted up.</p><p> </p><p> 2. To get heel heat and replace old one decision is made to unveil new belt for the heel stable champion.</p><p> </p><p> 3. Said champion (helps) pick who makes the belt as it will be a personalized belt.</p><p> </p><p> 4. TNA ok's the design and after completion pays for the belt.</p><p> </p><p> 5. TNA runs the angle.</p><p> </p><p> What you are saying Hardy went and ordered a belt for himself just for kicks. TNA found out about it and then decided to make it into an angle to replace the old one?</p><p> </p><p> Sorry I think the first scenario is way way way more likely and if the second one happened I need proof.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Shannon Moore bought a belt from that company awhile ago and he isn't a Champion of any kind. I see it this way... Jeff Hardy COULD have ordered a belt from that company. (((TNA had him using a replica TNA World belt and nobody seemed to notice the difference anyways. So no need to buy a new designed belt right now.))) He could have suggested the idea to the bookers. Wrestlers do that all the time. I know most don't get their own ideas approved but they obviously like him so maybe they approved that idea and made something with it. I still think it is possible that Hardy paid for it. That's all and I don't care how TNA spends their money. If they suck as bad as everyone says on these boards then maybe its best that they DO go out of business.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="juggaloninjalee" data-cite="juggaloninjalee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> I dont think Hogan and Bischoff or whoever writes storylines said... lets make a belt just for 1 guy so that we spend the money on 2 new belts in the next year. 1 for this guy and 1 for a TNA World Title.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span>http://www.wrestlingfigureshop.co.uk/ebay/skull1.jpg</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Johnny Fenoli" data-cite="Johnny Fenoli" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span>http://www.wrestlingfigureshop.co.uk/ebay/skull1.jpg</span></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> People in this thread claim TNA is tight on money and going to be more strict. They shot the idea down of remaking the Legends belt into a TV title.</p><p> </p><p> So why would they make a personalized World Title for 1 guy who isn't even their #1 seller in merchandise?</p><p> </p><p> WWE has a lot of money to spend. TNA doesn't so them doing it seems like a mute point. Plus this is a different company with completely different people in charge.</p>