The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Overusing them and having them as the finish to the main event of 3 straight PPVs. I don't remember the finish of the August PPV as I'm drunk but I wouldn't be shocked if that was a dusty finish as well.

Part of why I don't like Russo/Bischoff is because they think that the finish doesn't matter. It does matter. There were dirty finishes to what, 4 of the 9 matches tonight? That's too much!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. TNA needs to get rid of 8 of their PPVs as they're useless. Go with 4 PPVs and book to them and you'll see TV ratings go up moderately and PPV buy rates go up significantly.

That and actually write out storylines... Seems to me that they're just throwing together some Unchained 2 Competitor storylines every month or so... No forward thinking.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. TNA needs to get rid of 8 of their PPVs as they're useless. Go with 4 PPVs and book to them and you'll see TV ratings go up moderately and PPV buy rates go up significantly.

Normally, this would be a bad business move, but considering they make crock on their PPV's, this is a great idea.

But seriously, does anyone really believe TNA is changing for the better overall? They know what they have to do. Or at least, they should. *sigh*

Finsh to the main event was almost changed because Jeff hardy was "hammered" according to pwtorch, but TNA stayed with hardy as champ to keep immortal storyline rolling. No word on if any disciplinary actions will be forth coming for hardy for his unprofessional behavior

What a moron

Normally, this would be a bad business move, but considering they make crock on their PPV's, this is a great idea.

But seriously, does anyone really believe TNA is changing for the better overall? They know what they have to do. Or at least, they should. *sigh*

Honestly I think they have improved they push young talent AJ ,Kaz, Beer Money, MCMG, Young Bucks, Lethal,Robbie E, Pope, Abyss, Morgan they get the majority of TV time along with Hardy,Jarrett, and Flair. Fortune has gotten more time than Immortals Hogan and Bischoff which is good. The last three weeks have been the best since BFG, People complain about old talent. The only old talent wrestling in a primary role right now is Angle and Jarrett with Nash and Sting out. Even Hogan and Bischoff have not been used enough the last month. The run in booking is a little overboard but they improved with that this PPV, and the finish was ok to me mainly because I was fearing a Anderson turn but it sets up a good thee way feud when Anderson is better and furthers the Hardy/Morgan feud. Maybe its me but I like the way their going.

Honestly I think they have improved they push young talent AJ,Kaz,Beer Money,MCMG,Young Bucks,Lethal,Robbie E,Pope,Abyss,Morgan they get the majority of TV time along with Hardy,Jarrett, and Flair. Fortune has gotten more time than Immortals Hogan and Bischoff which is good. The last three weeks have been the best since BFG. People complain about old talent. The only old talent wrestling in a primary role right now is Angle and Jarrett with Nash and Sting out. Even Hogan and Bischoff have not been used enough the last month. The run in booking is a little overboard but they improved with that this PPV, and the finish was ok to me mainly because I was fearing a Anderson turn but it sets up a good thee way feud when Anderson is better and furthers the Hardy/Morgan feud. Maybe its me but I like the way their going.

...what? I don't understand what you wrote.

Honestly I think they have improved they push young talent AJ ,Kaz, Beer Money, MCMG, Young Bucks, Lethal,Robbie E, Pope, Abyss, Morgan they get the majority of TV time along with Hardy,Jarrett, and Flair. Fortune has gotten more time than Immortals Hogan and Bischoff which is good. The last three weeks have been the best since BFG, People complain about old talent. The only old talent wrestling in a primary role right now is Angle and Jarrett with Nash and Sting out. Even Hogan and Bischoff have not been used enough the last month.

Please point to me where anyone has complained in this thread about the "old" people in primary roles. Nobody has made mention of this since before BFG so I think you're about three months behind the curve on that one.

The run in booking is a little overboard but they improved with that this PPV, and the finish was ok to me mainly because I was fearing a Anderson turn but it sets up a good thee way feud when Anderson is better and furthers the Hardy/Morgan feud. Maybe its me but I like the way their going.

I didn't watch it but didn't someone on here say 4 of the 8 matches had some sort of dusty finish? You can't seriously tell me that its ok for HALF of the matches on your pay per view to have dusty finishes when the entire point of a pay per view is to get RESOLUTION to atleast SOME matters.

Didn't someone else say there hasn't been a clean pay per view finish since August? You can't seriously tell me that every pay per view main event should also end in a pay per view.

Just because its sets something up doesn't make it good. Be entertained if you would like but your argument that "well it entertains me even if I didn't like it that much" is you basically saying "guys I know it sucks but I'm watching it anyway and I'll be damned if I'm going to say something I'm wasting my time on sucks".

They've been doing that dusty finish thing for so long it's almost a given, especially on Impact. To me, the amount on the PPV would be better off on TV, and maybe only one or two of the PPV match's should end that way... Meaning the one's that the storyline isn't going to end anytime soon with (and that's how you build).

The winner matter's because you can't move on, if there is no winner. That's one of the problems with the booking IMO, is that no matter who "looks good", it seems they will never really "be good". It's keeping the whole roster down on an even level. No one's ever going to look good, if no one ever looks that bad.

The one thing you need to keep going, has nothing to do with kafabe, but the whole reason your telling the story... The "Reward" for hard work, which is the title. IF your not going to move character's up or down the card, your card stagnates... No one care's who has the title because the title hasn't been used correctly.

Hogan or Bischoff should come down and make it clear that no one is to interfere with said match, and conclude a winner and a loser for the match. IF they never do this, then nothing will ever get resolved, and the stories will get lost in the shuffle as they move on to new one's, never ending the old ones.

So I did not watch the PPV but various reports are saying that Hardy showed up "in no condition to wrestle". The report also states that TNA toyed with the idea of doing an injury angle and stripping him of the Title. So for those of you who watched the PPV tell me this, how was Hardy in the ring. If he did show up messed up (I'm not sure if that meant High or Drunk), then TNA has a responsibility to there employees and fans to strip Hardy of the Title. If they do not do something to punish Hardy then that shows there roster that they can get away with anything. As TNA World Champion Hardy has to carry the image of this company on his shoulders. By showing up "messed up" he shows he is not only unprofessional, but he is not to be trusted to carry the company into the future. I applaud TNA for giving the fans what they payed for by delivering on the Hardy - Morgan match, however if Hardy was really that messed up, he could have hurt Morgan in that match. Its now time for TNA to punish Hardy for what he has done. He should be stripped of the Title at the least, and possibly even fired.

So I did not watch the PPV but various reports are saying that Hardy showed up "in no condition to wrestle". The report also states that TNA toyed with the idea of doing an injury angle and stripping him of the Title. So for those of you who watched the PPV tell me this, how was Hardy in the ring. If he did show up messed up (I'm not sure if that meant High or Drunk), then TNA has a responsibility to there employees and fans to strip Hardy of the Title. If they do not do something to punish Hardy then that shows there roster that they can get away with anything. As TNA World Champion Hardy has to carry the image of this company on his shoulders. By showing up "messed up" he shows he is not only unprofessional, but he is not to be trusted to carry the company into the future. I applaud TNA for giving the fans what they payed for by delivering on the Hardy - Morgan match, however if Hardy was really that messed up, he could have hurt Morgan in that match. Its now time for TNA to punish Hardy for what he has done. He should be stripped of the Title at the least, and possibly even fired.

THE COMPLETE STORY ON THE JEFF HARDY ISSUES BEFORE FINAL RESOLUTION, ALTERNATIVE PLANS, WHY HE WAS ALLOWED TO WRESTLE AND MORE

By Mike Johnson on 2010-12-06 01:24:53

As mentioned prior to the TNA Final Resolution PPV, there were forces within the company pushing for TNA champion Jeff Hardy to be sent home from the company and to be stripped of the TNA championship after concern was voiced over Jeff Hardy's condition upon arrival at the PPV.

After Hardy met with TNA officials, the decision was made to let Hardy work the show. In speaking to multiple sources after the show, I was told that Hardy claimed his condition was not due to any personal issues but exhaustion from his recent TNA schedule.

From what we have been able to piece together, Hardy flew from the Middle East where he had worked the trio of TNA house shows in the U.A.E. this past Wednesday (a 20 hour flight). After landing in Atlanta, Hardy then flew on to North Carolina. I was told Hardy was home just one day (and, as one wrestler pointed out to me, that one day was likely dominated by Hardy's newborn baby) before flying to Michigan to make a personal appearance at a Monster Truck event in Detroit with Jesse Neal and Shannon Moore yesterday.

Someone who was in attendance at the event last night noted that Hardy looked exhausted and spoke of how hard his schedule was the last few weeks, as he had been on the road since the day after Thanksgiving. The same person also told me that Hardy was spotted returning to his room fairly early last night. Hardy then flew from Michigan to Orlando earlier Sunday to the TNA PPV.

When the decision was made to change plans, word spread like wildfire that Hardy was being sent home due to his condition. However, once Hardy explained his position, management backed off of alternative plans and agreed to let him work the show. One person I spoke to just as the PPV kicked off remarked, "False alarm."

Had Hardy been sent home, the plan would have been for Eric Bischoff to announce Hardy was injured on the Middle East tour. The match that would have replaced the main event would have been Matt Morgan vs. Ken Anderson vs. Jeff Jarrett. Since Samoa Joe's contract had expired, he would have been held off the PPV. There's no word on who would have ended up with the championship, but my gut is that Matt Morgan would have ended up with the belt.

As I write this, Hardy is scheduled for all of this week's planned Impact tapings.

In regard to the Middle East Tour

Gerwick.net

We previously reported on the dismal attendance numbers generated by TNA’s recent tour of Abu Dhabi. The initial numbers were less than 400 people per show, and the follow up is that all three house shows failed to attract 100 fans paid each night. The actual numbers are closer to 70 fans paid for each of their three houses in the United Arab Emirates.

Gerweck.net has learned that TNA talent was very upset when it was learned that a boxing ring was set up instead of a wrestling ring. Compounding the problem, talent on the tour was not happy with their pay offs to boot.

Each of the shows were described as extremely unorganized. The host cities were cordial to the talent, but the shows themselves were said to be disastrous.

On a side note, these shows were not official TNA events, and were subleased to private promoters in India

Sorry for the double post........

Gerwick.net

The TNA Knockouts Tag Team Titles were vacated at tonight’s tapings in Orlando. A tournament will be held starting on Thursday’s iMPACT! with The Beautiful People vs Sarita & Daffney. The last champions were Hamada and Taylor Wilde and the reason for the titles being vacated is not known at this time

and then we find out why....

PWInsider.com is reporting that Hamada has been released from her TNA contract.

So let me ask this question to those of you who have been faithful in watching TNA.

Were they in a better position last December than they are this December?

Hogan/Bischoff have been there for one year.

Have the ratings improved from this time last year? Is the roster as interesting and deep as it was last year? Do you enjoy the shows as much this year as you did last year?

So let me ask this question to those of you who have been faithful in watching TNA.

Were they in a better position last December than they are this December?

Hogan/Bischoff have been there for one year.

Have the ratings improved from this time last year? Is the roster as interesting and deep as it was last year? Do you enjoy the shows as much this year as you did last year?

I wouldn't say I've been faithful watching but I think the shows are probably at a similar level but more is expected, and show it should. So to me I see them as worse than they were but I have a small feeling they're similar...

[Goes to search for 2009's Final Resolution.]

So my answer is I don't know :p or at least a 'I'll get back to you'