The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

For some odd reason I am really enjoying Madison Rayne. I just really like her character and I liked her interview tonight.

I'd like Madison if her voice didn't go right through me every time she's on screen. Not her fault but the pitch screaming doesn't help any. At the moment personally I'm rather high up on the TBP/Winter storyline, if only because I love the trio of Velvet, Angelina and Winter (best breakout female character?) - especially Velvet Sky. Who's also a screamer! ;)

On a different note it was great to see AJ back to his old self this week with his entrance. I would say if Anderson/Angle/RVD defected to Immortal and had Immortal pretty much be a stable of ex-WWE guys up against Fortune which is a stable of real TNA talent might be a good idea - but on the other hand it's not because Anderson is one of the most over babyfaces there and considering the RVD/Jeff Hardy situation wouldn't make any sense (wouldnt stop them lol) but also because it's kinda already been done in recent TNA history with the MEM/TNA Originals angle.

I wouldn't mind seeing Angle defect and turn heel again though....be a nice set up for another Angle/Joe or more specifically Angle/AJ 5 star match. I bet Angle/Joe/AJ 3 way match would be epic.

Since Against All Odds is tomorrow and I finally have my laptop back, I figured I'd post my predictions/hopes :)

Madison Rayne vs Mickie James- I'm pulling for Mickie even though Madison is my hands down favorite female wrestler out there right now. Mickie wins.

Brother Devon vs Bully Ray- Devon wins, but I don't really mind who wins. I'm not the biggest Dudley fan to begin with so I might skip this match.

Samoa Joe vs D'angelo Dinero- My Pope obsession is no secret, but I think the only way he wins is if he cheats or there's some sort of outside interference. I don't see Joe winning this one. Probably going to continue the feud until the next PPV.

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett- Honestly, I have hopes for this match to be one of the best of the night. They have a history of having fantastic bouts, so hopefully this one follows that trend. Angle wins.

RVD vs Matt Hardy- RVD wins...I hope

Max Buck vs Jeremy Buck vs Robbie E- I'd like GenMe to stay in the tag division, so I see Robbie E winning this one.

Beer Money and Scott Steiner vs Rob Terry, Gunner, and Murphy- Beer Money and Scotty win this.

Mr Anderson vs Jeff Hardy- Anderson takes it. Don't see a point in Jeff winning it back so soon.

Madison Rayne vs Mickie James- She is most well known and most talented KO in TNA right know

Brother Devon vs Bully Ray- Devon's kids turn on him

Samoa Joe vs D'angelo Dinero- Double DQ

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett- In a solid match

RVD vs Matt Hardy- Hardy's losing that gut and looks more motivated I say give him a push.

Max Buck vs Jeremy Buck vs Robbie E- Just cause I dont know Max and Jeremy apart.

Beer Money and Scott Steiner vs Rob Terry, Gunner, and Murphy- Faces kept strong.

Mr Anderson vs Jeff Hardy- In the Russo swerve of the night Anderson turns heels allowing Hardy to win the belt.

Watched Impact tonight as I was home sick and couldn't do my normal Thursday night thing but is anyone else really annoyed by the Jarrett/Angle Storyline. I mean not the storyline itself I think its fine but the whole Karen Angle thing I think is kind of disrespectul to both Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett's late Wife. You have to remember that when Jarrett was gone from TNA for a while it was because his wife had cancer and she has since passed. But does anyone think that they are no pun intended crossing the line with this storyline?

I think this storyline would have been approved by both Jeff and Kurt before they started it, I don't see them just doing this and risking upsetting one of their top wrestlers in Jarrett and arguably (or not) their top wrestler in Angle.

Never done this before but I'll join in

Madison Rayne vs Mickie James

I think they might drag this out more

Brother Devon vs Bully Ray

I also see a possible turn

Samoa Joe vs D'angelo Dinero

I would like Joe to win but I don't think TNA are greatly hot on him, either way the storyline isn't finished yet

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett

I have a little feeling they may have JJ win just to have Angle walk her down the aisle but I think that would be crap

RVD vs Matt Hardy

He can't beat him two months in a row

Max Buck or Jeremy Buck (the one with the lighter hair)vs Robbie E

Couldn't care less I find this to be a ridiculously booked match, a) they're all heels, and b) I don't like any of them so whatever c) I can't tell the Bucks apart

Beer Money and Scott Steiner vs Rob Terry, Gunner, and Murphy

Really weighted against IMMORTAL, this could be a throwaway TV match

Mr Anderson vs Jeff Hardy

How I don't know, but I think it may have something to do with him retrieving the title belt, but really I can't think of how they'll make this all that interesting, because if Hardy doesn't pull out some new stupid stunt this match won't be that great, still decent but not:eek:

Pretty easy to tell the Bucks apart. Well... it is if you know your Hardy Boys. Max is Matt (dark hair) Jeremy is Jeff (blonde). :)

Which is why I can't see the Bucks being anything much as long as they are in TNA. All they've been given to do is mimeograph the youth of couple stars rather than be their own men and just REMIND people of Matt and Jeff. Shame they have already been turned heel since I watched last watched regularly. I would use that as their beef and maybe have them alter their appearance to rebel against the Hardy likenesses.

The fact that GenMe and Robbie E. were in that match really did not make sense to me in the first place. Why have three heels in a match (I assume they are all still heels, in TNA one never knows for sure)?

They should have had GenMe and a face in the match. Yes Kaz is a face now and will need a heel to face off with but they could have thrown in a face in that match and had one of the GenMe win.

The fact that GenMe and Robbie E. were in that match really did not make sense to me in the first place. Why have three heels in a match (I assume they are all still heels, in TNA one never knows for sure)?

They should have had GenMe and a face in the match. Yes Kaz is a face now and will need a heel to face off with but they could have thrown in a face in that match and had one of the GenMe win.

My thoughts exactly why not stick Suicide in there in the first place, give him a decent return? He wouldn't have to win.

Also Buck has deleted his comments on twitter

My thoughts exactly why not stick Suicide in there in the first place, give him a decent return? He wouldn't have to win

Well you cant blame them for trying to push Robbie which he has strangely grown on me. But I agree a face was needed but once again TNA is saved by somthing they can't handle :p

Well you cant blame them for trying to push Robbie which he has strangely grown on me. But I agree a face was needed but once again TNA is saved by somthing they can't handle :p

I don't really like Robbie but I wouldn't have One of the Bucks vs. Robbie E vs. Suicide so long as one heel two face really, but I think in X division face/heel kinda gets dissolved with some awesome spots, so maybe it wasn't so bad?

Which is why I can't see the Bucks being anything much as long as they are in TNA. All they've been given to do is mimeograph the youth of couple stars rather than be their own men and just REMIND people of Matt and Jeff. Shame they have already been turned heel since I watched last watched regularly. I would use that as their beef and maybe have them alter their appearance to rebel against the Hardy likenesses.

If I was going the doppleganger route with the Bucks, I'd have at least put them with the Hardy Boyz. Like their sidekicks or something, who eventually step out of their shadow and developing their own personallities. Why you'd have them dress in the Attitude-Era-Hardyz style, but have them nowhere near the actual Hardy Boyz... beyond me.

In PWG, the style works. They're taunting their loyal fans with their selling out. Matt Jackson doing Matt Hardy's "Hoooo" legdrop gets awesome heat every time, and Nick Jackson is amazingly charismatic, whipping out the Jeff Jarrett strut at every opportunity. Love them.

So what are some thoughts from TNA die-hards about putting the belt back on Hardy? Was there anything up with Anderson behind-the-scenes or does the whole Fortune split force them to put the belt back on Hardy so that Immortal has some gold? Would have liked to see a nice long Mr. Anderson run but where does he go from here?