The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Honkey Tonk Man (reliable source I know) posted on his Facebook the following....

WWE legend The Honky Tonk Man has posted the following on his Facebook account: "HTM has been told Hogan will bolt to WWE if asked. Sources within TNA have said Hogan will leave [Eric Bischoff] behind like a rat. Hogan is on his way out of TNA. Dixie has had to advance Flair money to pay his debts. Strange things are happening at TNA! Hogan's TNA contract is results and incentive based. Either party can walk anytime. HTM said it first Hogan is on the way out."

source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/wwe-legend-claims-hulk-hogan-is-leaving-tna-wrestling-125927

Ugh that ending pissed me off so bad. Beyond irritated with it. I read they wanted to make it a fatal fourway at Lockdown, but they could have made Sting/Hardy actually have a match...

I'm probably the biggest TNA supporter on this site and I'm beyond pissed off right now.

Ugh that ending pissed me off so bad. Beyond irritated with it. I read they wanted to make it a fatal fourway at Lockdown, but they could have made Sting/Hardy actually have a match...

I'm probably the biggest TNA supporter on this site and I'm beyond pissed off right now.

Seriously....that was horrible

I just heard that Sting refused to work with Jeff because he was drunk this however is no way confirmed just what i heard.

Edit: As Sting was walking up the ramp the crowd was chanting bull sh.t and Sting was saying I agree I agree you could read his lips so wasn't too happy.

Edit 2:

there was lots of confusion among the live audience at the Impact Zone following the quick main event result. According to Steven, Bischoff was noticeably seen telling Sting something after dropping the mic. Security quickly rushed Jeff Hardy to the back who was trying to rile up the crowd to chant "BULLSH*T" over the finish. We'll have a breaking update on this within the next hour or so. Stay awake as we're working on the story now!

From Ewrestlingnews sent from someone who was there

Well if Jeff really was in "no condition" to fight (I did not see the PPV, just going by what I read on here and other sites.), I cannot really blame Sting or TNA for cutting the match short. Sting could have been in danger if Jeff was on cloud nine.

I guess that is what TNA gets for putting a degenerate junkie in the main event.

Wow. Watched everything thanks to youtube, and that was... the wrong kind of amazing. Jeff is definitely high on something, he almost fell off the steps going into the ring. I'm not always in agreement with everything Sting does, but I certainly can't blame him not wanting to risk his life/health trying to carry a match with the mess Jeff Hardy was.

i just read this comment on youtube

Dear Sting,

Victory Road= Couldve been Wrestlemania

Jeff Hardy= Couldve been Undertaker

iMPACT Zone= Couldve been the Georgia Dome

1,000+ people in the crowd = Couldve been 50.000+ people in the crowd

The $ TNA is giving you= Couldve been topped by WWE

Your match against Taker= Couldnt have been any worse than ur match w/Hardy

Dear Sting,

Yeah, I liked that one. Not so much the comment that called it the best main event ever because controversy creates cash. :rolleyes:

Just watched the whole thing again on Youtube, and...wow. What is TNA doing? Jeff's not even the champion anymore, how can you not replace him in the match? I've actually been watching their TV shows lately, and I caught a live stream of this PPV(I would never pay to watch a wrestling PPV), but after this...you end a PPV with a drunk/high/both challenger losing your main event in a minute, followed by the crowd chanting "bull****" and your champion audibly saying "I agree." I simply can't keep watching them as long as this man is employed.

This could either be the moment TNA wakes up and gets their act together, or it'll be the beginning of the end for them.

Dear Sting,

I haven't watched the video of the main event but this comment ^ is so true!

I have a VERY bad feeling TNA keeps him around and does a Charlie Sheen gimmick with him. Seriously. They would too.

This would suck! The guy needs to be let go. Charlie Sheen is not "winning" he is LOSING! I am tired of that guy getting more rich over how ridiculous this crap is.

Wow. Read the match reports. I'm shocked. I knew TNA had fallen deep below previous standards, but this finish in the main event... just wow. This is why they're still, and will likely ever be with this management, a minor league thing. WWE would NEVER have let something like this happen. EVER.

Why didn't they just throw Anderson and Van Dam into the main event to compensate? Make it an elimination match where Hardy still is outed early. Of course, it wouldn't garner the same kind of heat... Van Dam and Anderson both being faces (as far as I know)... but this thing was dreadful. Do they even have another main event heel to replace Hardy with? Or will they just throw in his fat brother?

R.I.P. TNA... it's about time. :(

Wow. Read the match reports. I'm shocked. I knew TNA had fallen deep below previous standards, but this finish in the main event... just wow. This is why they're still, and will likely ever be with this management, a minor league thing. WWE would NEVER have let something like this happen. EVER.

Why didn't they just throw Anderson and Van Dam into the main event to compensate? Make it an elimination match where Hardy still is outed early. Of course, it wouldn't garner the same kind of heat... Van Dam and Anderson both being faces (as far as I know)... but this thing was dreadful. Do they even have another main event heel to replace Hardy with? Or will they just throw in his fat brother?

R.I.P. TNA... it's about time. :(

I can see a few things happening now. Jeff Jarrett and Sting AGAIN! BLAH! Or Matt Morgan goes back to Immortal and feuds for the belt.

I mean what else are they going to do? I'd leave it as is and have RVD, Anderson, and Sting have a 3 way. RVD could turn heel which is more fun than anything but have it happen very naturally and subtle.

What a sequence of poor decision-making by TNA. From what I've read here and elsewhere, it seems like a lot of fans are really frustrated with TNA over this. I guess they've finally realized or seen what some of us have for awhile. I type that without any self-satisfaction, because I really really wish TNA would stop f$@%ing up and realize their potential.

Yeah...I know I kill TNA but for the most part its because they are incredibly frustrating because they fall so short of their potential

They have talent ..they have recognizable names..they have a product that in general appeals more to my age ...but they still manage to eff it up through sheer incompetence.

Slag's right in that TNA's PPV numbers are so bad that this won't make a huge difference to them on the business side of things, but it's a black eye for the company and only the snarkiest of TNA fanboys will try to say it isn't

If I were Sting I'd take a good hard look at getting out of this contract; the company repaid his loyalty by taking a giant dump on his big return. And Kurt ...as much as he says that he's never leaving and the he is just negotiating how much he'll be active in his next deal...he has to consider a return to the WWE.

Wow, I can't believe how paying customers are feeling right now. The Sting I agree part is pretty crazy and this should see the end of Hardy in TNA, really just release him and hopefully his fat ass of a brother will go too. Really dreadful, Sting's look when re-watching it looked less like storyline and more real and the near fall on the steps I seriously have to say depush him to X Division or get him out of their and Sting is dead on with his reaction of essentially breaking character. In the end it was kinda funny unless you paid (I couldn't if I wanted to it's on free tv in the UK.)

On the positive side, I really like Robbie E, his crazy in-character like selling is awesome :D

Can't wait to the Rise (was there a rise?) and Fall of TNA DVD, it is a finger poke of doom moment. No but this actually for once isn't TNA fault Hardy is a dick