The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Wait? People actually buy TNA PPVs?

:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I seem to recall hearing reports about TNA having pretty bad PPV buyrates and that lots of people actually stream the PPV illegally for free.

I haven't gotten a wrestling PPV since... 99 or 2000 I think. Back then it was like $30 or so.

Huh, according to my cable provider the Destination X PPV is $34.99. I'm super tempted to order it. Could be one of their best shows yet.

I've just read something (which was about the price for Slammiversary) which says it was $35 SD and $45 in HD, so it might be the same for this.

Edit: Just read on wiki GenMe vs. tba at the PPV, is this true, or has someone made his up :p

I go through DirecTV so the price I quoted came from DirecTV.com. It might be different for cable outlets?

That could be, plus the HD thing mentioned about makes some sense too I guess. Do you have HD?

Plus one of the members of Gen Me said they would be part of Destination X, so I wouldn't be surprised if they shove a tag match with them in it without bothering to advertise it until the show actually happens.

I go through DirecTV so the price I quoted came from DirecTV.com. It might be different for cable outlets?

If you go on Directv webiste, the page I'm assuming you were on says "Available Formats[?] : SD , HD"

By default it has a tick next to HD, if you select SD on the site the price is 34.99

http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/main/7/18917392487.jpg

If you go on Directv webiste, the page I'm assuming you were on says "Available Formats[?] : SD , HD"

By default it has a tick next to HD, if you select SD on the site the price is 34.99

http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/main/7/18917392487.jpg

It could be. I just kind of took what was there after searching for TNA Destination X. 34.95 is still a little too pricey for me, especially with NCAA Football 2012 coming out on Tuesday and Madden NFL 2012 coming out next month.

I seriously believe the two main events alone (AJ/Daniels and RVD/Lynn) will make it well worth the $35 price tag so I didn't hesitate to actually pay for it making it my first PPV since Mania that I've paid for and my first TNA PPV since Hardcore Justice. I'm predicting this to be the best PPV of the year.

I never cared much for Skipper. I'd much rather see either Shiima or Evans win and see what a fresh face in can do.

Don't get me wrong. I hated Prime Time by himself. But that Stable was my favorite TNA stable ever. They were in probably the best steel cage match TNA has ever had. I felt they meshed so well.

Individually I'd much rather have Austin Ares win. I feel like he has more long term staying power than Evans or Shiima.

As long as the main ends clean I'm saying this is the best PPV put on by either WWE or TNA in the past 2 years at least.

Really?

The Abyss vs Kendrick match was slow, and overbooked. Abyss bloodied from a Kendrick punch?

The Doug Williams vs Whomever match was awkward and should have been done on TV, or Xplosion.

And Eric Young/Shark Boy vs GenMe was a good match but lacked name power.

The 4 way match was good though, Lynn/RVD was decent, but they've done better and I missed Joe/Kaz but I doubt it was a 5 Star Classic.

Personally, I enjoyed Mania much better. But I was there live so I might have had a different experience than anybody else. Dream come true for me.

Not to mention the TNA crowd kills this stuff for me. "Every-Body" really? Really?

Really?

The Abyss vs Kendrick match was slow, and overbooked. Abyss bloodied from a Kendrick punch?

The Doug Williams vs Whomever match was awkward and should have been done on TV, or Xplosion.

And Eric Young/Shark Boy vs GenMe was a good match but lacked name power.

The 4 way match was good though, Lynn/RVD was decent, but they've done better and I missed Joe/Kaz but I doubt it was a 5 Star Classic.

Personally, I enjoyed Mania much better. But I was there live so I might have had a different experience than anybody else. Dream come true for me.

Not to mention the TNA crowd kills this stuff for me. "Every-Body" really? Really?

I don't buy the name power thing on Gen Me vs. Young/Sharky I just watched it for what it was meant to be, a fun semi-comedy match.

Abyss/Kendrick was building on the story they've been telling for the past month or so with Abyss. It was slow because he was showing his dominance. The blood from the punch to me made since because of where it was, in reality it's not the hard to split an eyebrow if you hit it right.

I agree on Williams/Haskins though. They should have brought in a bigger name there.

As far as openers go Kaz/Joe was a killer match, not 5* but easily 3*.

I was really disappointed in Mania. The only good match was Taker/HHH in my opinion. But that seems to be the way Mania is now...one amazing match and 9 sub-par - terrible matches.

This to me as been wrestling as I know it...mostly clean finishes, straight up athletic bouts, stories that didn't involve 1000 restarts, run ins, and ref bumps.

In my opinion this is the best PPV in a long time.