The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Is it just me or is Matt Morgan saying he would die for a shot at a World title opportunity when he had to drop out due to injury fall a little funny/silly? Guess you wouldn't die for that opportunity, huh, Matt?

...Well, he didn't drop out by choice, did he? I wouldn't actually know if that's the case, but if you're not cleared to compete, there's not much you can do about it.

How long before they change the name on the World title belt from TNA to Impact Wrestling? It's just...odd to me.

I believe that the name of the company is still TNA but they changed their show name to Impact Wrestling. I could be wrong but there has to be a reason why all of the belts still say TNA on them otherwise they would have changed it. Heck when they revealed the new belt wasn't that after they changed the name of the show to Impact Wrestling therefore the new belt should have said Impact Wrestling on it but the new belt still says TNA. Also if that were the case why hasn't Adam changed the name of this thread from "The Official TNA Discussion Thread" Shouldn't it be The Official Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread?"

Also when they advertise there pay per views on screen it still says TNA and then the name of the pay per view so like I said I don't think they chnaged the name of the company just the TV show.

I believe that the name of the company is still TNA but they changed their show name to Impact Wrestling. I could be wrong but there has to be a reason why all of the belts still say TNA on them otherwise they would have changed it. Heck when they revealed the new belt wasn't that after they changed the name of the show to Impact Wrestling therefore the new belt should have said Impact Wrestling on it but the new belt still says TNA. Also if that were the case why hasn't Adam changed the name of this thread from "The Official TNA Discussion Thread" Shouldn't it be The Official Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread?"

Also when they advertise there pay per views on screen it still says TNA and then the name of the pay per view so like I said I don't think they chnaged the name of the company just the TV show.

All they renamed was the TV show.

Yeah thats the way it seems because like I said all the PPV posters still say TNA and the graphics at the end of PPV hype videos still say TNA plus all of their belts still say TNA so am almost postive that they just renamed the TV show which wasn't a small change I think they did it to have "Wrestling" in their name to shove it in their face because they did it right after World Wrestling Entertainment changed its name from that to just simply WWE.

Here is proof in an article that TNA is still the company name and Impact Wrestling is strictly the name of the TV show.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10018279.shtml

Wow, TNA switches worker allignments more often than most people switch socks... does anyone even know what guys like Mr. Anderson and Angle are these days? :eek:

Really, the only thing TNA lacks from making me completely give up on them atm is putting the title on Crimson... which doesn't seem very far off. :(

Wow, TNA switches worker allignments more often than most people switch socks... does anyone even know what guys like Mr. Anderson and Angle are these days? :eek:

Really, the only thing TNA lacks from making me completely give up on them atm is putting the title on Crimson... which doesn't seem very far off. :(

I gave up trying to work TNA out and just stopped watching in the end. Angle has been there 5 years and turned so many times it makes no difference anymore if he's a face or heel. Anderson in 18 months has switched back and forth so much it became stupid. No one turning heel or face in that company is a shock or surprise anymore and that is why they'll continue being an Indy Sports Entertainment promotion with high production costs, nothing more. I would say they're no more popular than ECW was in the 90's, but the product they offer is less entertaining.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If Jerry Lynn is gonna do this in every RVD match GTFO of my TV. Come on, man</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Rob Van Dam versus Jerry Lynn...coming soon to an arena near you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="angeldelayette" data-cite="angeldelayette" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Rob Van Dam versus Jerry Lynn...coming soon to an arena near you.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For the first time this month...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="angeldelayette" data-cite="angeldelayette" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Some people may not like it but Sting versus Ric Flair? I'm excited!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Meh, it can only dissapoint. Last time they faced off, in 2001, they were both too old to put on an interesting match... not to mention the fact that they had both reached the "I have to wear a t-shirt" stage of their careers. And now it's 10 years later.</p><p> </p><p> I mean, if they insist on keep putting legends that really should just stay in retirement down our throats, at least give us something new and different... we've seen Sting vs. Flair. We've seen Sting vs. Hogan. We've seen Hogan vs. Flair. But what have we not seen EVER? Sting vs. Flair vs. Hogan. So why not just give us that, if you absolutely have to put those old geezers in matches? Maybe the added resting time in a 3-way would actually make them last more than 5 minutes as well then.</p>