The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Magnus is okie, but I still feel that Douglas Williams is the better prospect. But we've been through this same topic before so I won't get in to it lol.

Speaking of Storm though, I really feel they missed the boat on cementing him as "The Guy". He is still popular of course, but last year he was more so by leaps and bounds.

Magnus is okie, but I still feel that Douglas Williams is the better prospect. But we've been through this same topic before so I won't get in to it lol.

Speaking of Storm though, I really feel they missed the boat on cementing him as "The Guy". He is still popular of course, but last year he was more so by leaps and bounds.

Well Doug is 40 while Magnus is 25-26.

Storm has really fallen down in importance since last year. He has become the regular good guy. The crowd likes him, he never has a program going on so they keep putting him in random meaningless matches. He should be challenging for the World Title or at least being the biggest opponent against Aces and Eights.

Well Doug is 40 while Magnus is 25-26.

Storm has really fallen down in importance since last year. He has become the regular good guy. The crowd likes him, he never has a program going on so they keep putting him in random meaningless matches. He should be challenging for the World Title or at least being the biggest opponent against Aces and Eights.

With AJ not being the regular good guy, it's falling to Storm, who was AJ's tag partner before AJ started being awesome again. As long as he doesn't fall into AJ's pigeonhole (the face who can't shake a particular heel (Daniels/Bad Influence) but should be a big deal), he could still recover and make a big impact.

<p>I'm not really a big fan of Storm. Don't get me wrong, he's a pretty good character, but something about him to me just says he should never be THE guy. To me he has always been a top "tag team guy" and I can't really see him as anything else (but that's just me). He was always the better half of Americas Most Wanted, and the secondary half of Beer Money for me. Roode would always have been my choice as the break out star of that team. I don't like that they've put Aries & Roode in a team and see them feuding with Chavo and Hernandez as a big step backwards. I guess you can't have everyone going for the World Title though. Hopefully this will be Stings last title shot too. Again Sting to me is a legend, he will always be one of the greats, but he doesn't need the rub that a world title match can give.</p><p> </p><p>

I think Magnus will definitely be a huge star for the company - providing, of course, he stays with them and stays healthy. the other thing of course is that they don't keep changing him face to heel like they do with so many of their roster within a 12 month period (thankfully it seems to have calmed down a little). I also like Matt Morgan and don't think he would be a bad choice for the World Title but I seem to be in the minority on that point with those I talk wrestling with. Right now I think Bully Ray as champion is working better than I originally thought it would.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm tired so apologies if my ramblings bore or make no sense!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm kind of hoping for a Beer Money reunion to go against A&8's(Team 3D).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm hoping for Americas Most Wanted at Slammiversary (I know it won't be).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fleisch" data-cite="Fleisch" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm hoping for Americas Most Wanted at Slammiversary (I know it won't be).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That was the first thing that came to my mind as well. Now I am wondering if it will be RVD (Not sure if they signed him to a new contract or not) or Jeff Hardy (I have no clue as to why he has not been on television lately besides the "injury" that he suffered. I do not think it is legit but maybe it is.).</p>

That was the first thing that came to my mind as well. Now I am wondering if it will be RVD (Not sure if they signed him to a new contract or not) or Jeff Hardy (I have no clue as to why he has not been on television lately besides the "injury" that he suffered. I do not think it is legit but maybe it is.).

I think I heard somewhere Hardy is just resting up and letting a few little injuries heal up. He has put his body through so much over the years it's a wonder he can still walk! TNA might just be trying to use him sparingly.

• 2 weeks later...
PPV was off the charts good. With the exception of one match it was a fantastic show IMHO.

I really didn't care for it.

The X Division match and the Knockouts match were the only two matches that really stood out to me as anything special. Angle's Hall Of Fame segment was a nice moment, but everything else was pretty average in my opinion.

The fact that nobody from TNA even bothered to come out and help Sting just really made the ending of the Main Event fall off for me, and they wonder why the Aces & 8's are running rough shot over the company, lol! It literally took the entire Ace's and Eight's just to put Sting away and quite frankly the group is getting old at a rapid pace in my eyes. The only one in with any value at all is Bully and they did him no favors tonight by having his cronies beat Sting for him for the most part.

Jeff Jarrett founded the company and couldn't even be in the top 2 for HOF.

I saw a comment on another forum I thought was really funny it said

"sorry, Jeff, Kurt gets in the TNA HOF first. I guess its fair, ya know, with you stickin it to his wife an all"

Rampage?

Wow I did not see that coming. I always thought he would make a good pro wrestler and if I am not mistaken I believe he is a fan so this could be very good for TNA. Now I wonder if they will actually use him or will it be a King Mo type of thing where we never see him.

Rampage?

Wow I did not see that coming. I always thought he would make a good pro wrestler and if I am not mistaken I believe he is a fan so this could be very good for TNA. Now I wonder if they will actually use him or will it be a King Mo type of thing where we never see him.

In defense of the King Mo deal, he has been training in OVW for his debut

Checked out a few matches from the PPV. The Knockouts put on a good show. Really dug it. They defied expectations, and the crowd rewarded them for it.

X-Division was alright. Enjoying TJP as Suicide. The tag title match was pretty fun. I'm marking out pretty heavily for Daniels, Kazarian and Aries these days. That corner dropkick.

I just finished watching the PPV and absolutely loved it. There was some awesome stuff on this card ance once we got to the last 4 matches (tag, Knockouts, AJ/Angle and main event) I wasn't even able to flick between watching the show and hitting facebook. The hype for some of the matches was well done without being over the top, the matches themselves delivered and were given the time to do so... this was just a great show.

Strangely, I think the worst match of the night was probably the Ultimate X... there was some nice X-division action in there and all of the guys were exciting, but it was just a bit too much of a spotfest for me and it lacked the kind of flow that I expect from a match to make it awesome. The Knockouts delivered an awesome match that went far beyond what I expected, it showed just how great the division can be when given the chance and I'm hoping that they can build off that in future as the division was AMAZING a whlie back, especially with Awesome Kong there. Hope she makes a return one day. :)

Angle/AJ told an awesome story with AJ's new music and approach to wrestling... his evolution over he last year or so is awesome, and while fans were quick to crap all over the Clare Lynch stuff last year this is the payoff to that now, an AJ Styles who has had to put up with so much crap that he's no longer bothering with anyone. Sure, the actress playing Clare was terrible, but the storyline wasn't half as bad as most people made it out to be. It's helped to give AJ something he's never had... a strog character to go with his amazing in-ring ability.

All in all, this is probably the best event I've seen so far this year and I'm expecting some awesome TV from TNA over the next few months with the Bound For Glory Series. With so many guys chomping at the bit to be the one to dethrone Bully Ray for the title, the next few months of TV is going to be incredible as all the top babyfaces clash to try and get to the top. It's going to be amazing, I can't wait to see more. :D