The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yUdQf3Cxp4

This one is better and funnier. EB posted it as he found it funny. Their other stuff is funny as well.

Edit, I agree peter that is what I meant with those comments I used as an example small shots here and there are np. Or do a really big angle like the DX stuff but you have to do that well and time it well etc etc so is risky. Best save that once they get in the 2.0s if they ever.

Like when DX "invaded" the set of Nitro on a tank or whatever? It's standard practice.

The difference was that was at least watchable, heck i personally enjoyed it.

That TNA vid was just...not funny or interesting at all to me. Plus it had cruddy production values

The difference was that was at least watchable, heck i personally enjoyed it.

That TNA vid was just...not funny or interesting at all to me. Plus it had cruddy production values

Yea, that was awesome. I'm not saying TNA's attempt isn't lame, or that they don't over do it. But it's not unusual for someone in second to try to catch up to whoever is in first using their own popularity.

See..I'm not sure the DX stuff would've gone over as well if it weren't for the fact their gimmick is that they were a bunch of over the top obnoxious a-holes who hated authority so they took just as many shots at the WWF management.

And Hyde...that video was f***ing awful. :p

See..I'm not sure the DX stuff would've gone over as well if it weren't for the fact their gimmick is that they were a bunch of over the top obnoxious a-holes who hated authority so they took just as many shots at the WWF management.

And Hyde...that video was f***ing awful. :p

The DX stuff worked because it worked as a great counter to what WCW was doing and saying. It was like WCW would challenge someone to show up and fight but when they did they would lock the door and turn them away. It made WCW look weak.

The way TNA cheap shots the WWE all the time reminds me of the whole WCW where the old guys play videos, makes me embraced to be a fan of TNA at times (like they know their product isn’t that good so they need to undercut the competition).

The DX stuff worked because it worked as a great counter to what WCW was doing and saying. It was like WCW would challenge someone to show up and fight but when they did they would lock the door and turn them away. It made WCW look weak.

The way TNA cheap shots the WWE all the time reminds me of the whole WCW where the old guys play videos, makes me embraced to be a fan of TNA at times (like they know their product isn’t that good so they need to undercut the competition).

Exactly. to my mind, TNA should just focus on promoting thier M/E and keeping up the good storytelling the've had the last few weeks. (minus orlando Jordan)

Fairly ordinary move to part ways with Daniels IMO.

Anyhow, onto the most recent show I saw which featured the 6 man cage match as the main event.

* The 6 man main event is a good starting point. Nice spot at the start to take Eric Young out the way they did. Awesome re-entrance by Eric. However, the match was awful. They needed to spend 3-4 minutes building heat on the band beating down the handicapped opponents. Instead, it was all rushed. What with Eric trying to get up outside you never really noticed the momentum shift due to everything being so clustered. And before you know it, you have three guys, two of them genuinely strong guys, just lying there waiting to be pinned. Totally ineffective.

* Thought the Styles-Jarrett match was good, and a good follow up after the main event with Jarrett joining team Hogan as it showed some continuity. I think Styles needs to reassess his finisher, it looks lame that the other dude basically has to put on his seat belt so to speak before busting it out. If we're trying to create a product that the move is lethal and a finisher, the dude shouldn't be given time to buckle up so to speak.

* Nice promo between Anderson and Angle. When Angle walked out he flicked the Wolfpack sign to the Band. Now, I don't want Angle to go heel, but Anderson's character could use this next week against Angle's integrity. I doubt they will, because both the major promotions seem to miss moments to build off like there's no tomorrow.

Without getting into it too much, I liked the show. If I was booking, I'd reassess also where I placed the Band segment where Eric Young went against them, because when the Band came out you could hear a pin drop in that crowd. The crowd was dead. I still find myself crying out for more athletic action featuring the likes of Gen-Me and in particular MCMG, but I am glad that hopefully, just hopefully, they're plotting together a decent storyline that helps feature Jay Lethal, as the bloke has serious talent.

Okay as much as I hate to say it...TNA is officially on it's last legs now.

How in the world can they justify paying guys like Bubba, Hall, Waltman, and Nash so much money to do nothing at all while letting go of people like Daniels, Kong, and Creed?

They keep 3 wrestlers who haven't been worth a **** in over a decade and are known to destroy anything they touch **cough**WCW**cough** and a horrible radio DJ who no one likes and just keep bringing bad publicity to the company making TNA look even more amateurish. Then they get rid of two of TNA's biggest names pre-Hogan in Kong and Daniels even knowing that it was Daniels and his epic matches with Styles and Joe that put TNA on the map to begin with and they get rid of Creed who could have been a massive star in the future!

**** The Band, Bubba, Hogan, Bischoff, and Dixie Carter for allowing the cancer that killed WCW to come in and do the same to TNA.

Guess what....it's going to happen...the next release....Samoa Joe.....then the MCMG....and then once Abyss....and then once he loses the title to Hogan or Nash.....AJ Styles. And then the rest of the TNA originals as Buff Bagwell makes his debut and takes the X division title, Hall/Waltman take the tag titles, and Nash becomes the longest reigning TNA champion of all time.

The good news? ROH by this time next year will have Daniels, MCMG, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, and The Young Bucks back. And WWE will probably pick up Abyss.

RIP TNA 2002 - 2010

[snip]

RIP TNA 2002 - 2010

On one hand, they're certainly not taking the top like Hogan keeps try to tell us.

But I think "RIP TNA" is going a little far. They'd probably be right back where they were if they moved back to thursdays, and I think Spike knows it.

How in the world can they justify paying guys like Bubba, Hall, Waltman, and Nash so much money to do nothing at all while letting go of people like Daniels, Kong, and Creed?

They keep 3 wrestlers who haven't been worth a **** in over a decade and are known to destroy anything they touch **cough**WCW**cough** and a horrible radio DJ who no one likes and just keep bringing bad publicity to the company making TNA look even more amateurish. Then they get rid of two of TNA's biggest names pre-Hogan in Kong and Daniels even knowing that it was Daniels and his epic matches with Styles and Joe that put TNA on the map to begin with and they get rid of Creed who could have been a massive star in the future!

**** The Band, Bubba, Hogan, Bischoff, and Dixie Carter for allowing the cancer that killed WCW to come in and do the same to TNA.

Guess what....it's going to happen...the next release....Samoa Joe.....then the MCMG....and then once Abyss....and then once he loses the title to Hogan or Nash.....AJ Styles. And then the rest of the TNA originals as Buff Bagwell makes his debut and takes the X division title, Hall/Waltman take the tag titles, and Nash becomes the longest reigning TNA champion of all time.

The good news? ROH by this time next year will have Daniels, MCMG, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, and The Young Bucks back. And WWE will probably pick up Abyss.

RIP TNA 2002 - 2010

Man...what happened to the quality cotrol in this thread lately?

You're wrong. TNA is struggling. But it's realistically nowhere near being 'on its last legs.'

Take a breathe. Relax. It's cool.

RIP TNA 2002 - 2010

:rolleyes: hmm wow

Not just this thread. And yeah chill. Hope it helped getting that off your chest.

I wonder when people go off like that if they've read any of the discussions in the rest of the thread..like..did they think this would be effective? Would this spark pages of good convo?

Or is it that the boards at tnawrestlingnews are down?

RIP TNA 2002 - 2010

Finally people are starting to see it, TNA actually letting good talents go and keeping trash, Camp Hogan is doing nothing for TNA.

Well would you read 220 pages of backlog if you are a new member? lolz. But yeah that site you mentioned would be better for a rant.

When I jumped into this thread a dozen-odd pages back, I didn't read all 220, but I did read the last 5. Just good sense, gets you in tune with the conversation.

Finally people are starting to see it, TNA actually letting good talents go and keeping trash, Camp Hogan is doing nothing for TNA.

Thought I would repost this:

Bad stuff so far:

the Nasties. Morley and OJ. Hogan, EB, Jarrett, Foley getting too much screen time. Going overboard with AJ becoming Flair and Abyss becoming Hogan and the magic ring. Too much Hall and X-Pac. Not enough time given to matches. Either do a squash or storyline match or at least give them 5 minutes. Daniels push down. Bubba and the plants. The Kong incident.

Good:

Rest of the stories etc have been very interesting and entertaining though imho. Plus the pacing and presentation have gotten better. Instead of cramming 3 hours into 2 hours its now 2 and a half hours lolz. Still long ways off to realizing their full potential. RVD and Jeff Hardy!

Too much bad stuff that overshadows the good stuff making the net balance 0. (Again.)

I was leaning towards positive over the last two decent shows and no more nasties but losing Daniels definitely puts it in the negative now imho.

Edit: agreed Linsolv.

Actually that's not really true....Camp Hogan is doing something for TNA....they are destroying it.

Yes I agree, I liked TNA a lot more in the weeks leading up to Hogan's arrival. However, now it just does not do if for me. Which sucks because I have given up on RAW a long time ago. So now there really isn't anything for me to watch.

They have come a long way, some wrestlecrap from the early TNA days:

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/classic20.html

Edit: Angle didn't do the pac sign he gave Nash a fist bump as a show of respect for the MEM days and proceeded to ignore Hall and Pac. It was in no way intended as a heel tease.

It doesn't really matter what it was. It's the sort of thing down the line, whether it be next week, six months, a year away, that can be built off. Let me use what I like to call the 'nevermore paradigm'. Nevermore in his diaries will tie a story up, and then he'll take you back to something that is now so obvious but before so well hidden that you never thought to consider it, yet it makes total sense. Every action a wrestler does has the ability to be used to build character layers and also reasons to build feuds. IMO that's the art of outstanding authors is the clinical detail they will use to create something out of something seemingly innocent.

I'm not suggesting that tomorrow you go and book Angle as a heel, when it happened, it shot up lights in my eyes as to many different prospects that don't even need to be in the direct future.

So, Mr. Anderson: How awesome?

awesome...

So far, I'm (once again) marking heavily for the man. If I was the WWE, I would've fired Orton for whining too much and held onto Kennedy/Anderson.

For real? Orton is a god compared to Anderson in my eyes. Anderson tries to pull off this frat boy smart ass routine but all his TNA promo's have fell flat.

For real? Orton is a god compared to Anderson in my eyes. Anderson tries to pull off this frat boy smart ass routine but all his TNA promo's have fell flat.

Orton's a god compared to David Arquette (in wrestling terms) at best. The man has never cut a promo I've either enjoyed or been able to remember.

Ever. His presence as the top heel in the company for the last few years is one of the prime reasons I haven't been able to watch WWE during the same period. I still get chills when I think of his feud with Jeff Hardy and them attemting to cut a promo on each other. All I can hope is the face turn teaches him not to suck so bad on the microphone.

Meanwhile, I think Anderson is putting on some of the better promos I've ever seen in TNA. He's little "thank god I'm an ASSH*LE.... assh*ole..." at the end of his last week cracked me up. Is he doing perfect? Is he on par with The Rock? No. But he entertains me, and that's more than Randy Orton has ever done on the microphone.