The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

<p>I just think its funny when people say TNA sucks, they aren't what they are supposed to be, that they're supposed to be some great company. But what exactly are they supposed to be? What should they be doing? </p><p> </p><p>

I'm not saying they are great, but I enjoy TNA and I'm also in the camp that they should slow things down a tad and give a bit more time to matches.</p>

<p>I've been watching TNA on and off for years now, mostly on, and 90% of what I've seen I've enjoyed. I like TNA as a company, their philosophy, certainly their talent - and as I've stated I like their fast pacing. BUT, there are things I don't like....I don't like the Impact Zone or the attitude of the people in it....I can forgive TNA for rehashing old storylines because honestly what is there in wrestling that hasn't been done already ?? If you can come up with a solid answer on the spot then apply for creative position immediately, but what I don't like is when TNA try to be WWE or WCW when clearly they don't have the budget, writers or the roster for it. Given the budget, talents and forces at TNA's disposal especially currently they should be 70% quality wrestling 30% pure sports entertainment. They clearly have their own ideas or identity on the presentational front and that's cool no need to change there imo. Just the ratios. </p><p> </p><p>

That's when TNA will push on I think once they carve their own identity. Until then they're still great to watch in my opinion but at the same time they're still underpinning themselves. </p><p> </p><p>

It'll be interesting to see where this Fortune/Immortal/Dixie/Hogan/TNA storyline goes as hopefully TNA will change direction a bit at the end of it. At least AJ is a face again so that's something positive, which also doesn't help a company when they're pushing someone who doesn't work in that capacity. AJ as a heel just didn't work, doesn't work and probably never will do, like I said before he's no HBK in terms of mic skills, looks or charisma even though he's as good in the ring....so I'm glad he's face again and that TNA are deciding to incorporate a lot of the things people are saying about Hogan/Bischoff regime into the storylines and AJ/Fortune/TNA are the mouthpiece of it. So that's really cool.</p><p> </p><p>

I just can't help but wonder what Paul Heyman could have done with the talent that TNA has....such a shame TNA didn't want to give him the license he required and it's a shame Heyman's heart isn't in wrestling anymore. I will say this I firmly believe Paul Heyman gets way too much credit for his creativity as apparently a lot of the ECW hit gimmicks were the wrestler's doing not Paul Heyman, but I will say Heyman does have an eye for talent but he also knows how to market that talent and differentiate.</p>

I just read TNA is going to start streaming their PPV's live on their ON Demand service. I looked into it and found that its only 2.95 a month. Does anyone have this? And how good is it? For only2.95 a month and the ability to watch IMpact/PPVs when I choose, I may be interested in giving it a shot.

<p>The thing with TNA, for me anyway is that they tend to merge allot of feuds in on each other, like Angle vs Jarrett is among Immortal vs. Fortune now. Same with RVD vs Matt Hardy, Mr A. vs Jeff Hardy but in my opinion it just turns into a cluster****. When they could all have different feuds and make sense, rather than throwing them all in a pot and see how it comes out. They started doing it with the Bully Ray and Devon feud by mixing it with Samoa Joe and Dinero's. </p><p>

It just turns me off on the product, but I still watch it because of the talent roster solely.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="haloed" data-cite="haloed" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just think its funny when people say TNA sucks, they aren't what they are supposed to be, that they're supposed to be some great company. But what exactly are they supposed to be? What should they be doing? <p> </p><p> I'm not saying they are great, but I enjoy TNA and I'm also in the camp that they should slow things down a tad and give a bit more time to matches.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea if you look on wrestlecrap much of the first few years are on wrestlecrap so what could have been is much much more worse than whats going on now</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just read TNA is going to start streaming their PPV's live on their ON Demand service. I looked into it and found that its only 2.95 a month. Does anyone have this? And how good is it? For only2.95 a month and the ability to watch IMpact/PPVs when I choose, I may be interested in giving it a shot.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I suspect you then have to pay again for the PPVs. I imagine iMPACT! would be free. This is all a guess though, so I may be wrong.</p>

After having watched TNA last night I have some notes.

1) Is it just me or does the whole Jeff Jarrett/Karen Angle angle seem kind of...disrespectful. I mean for Karen to turn around and say her favourite photo is one of Kurt getting El Kabong'd on TV - whilst fictional - is gonna have to hurt Kurt a little.

2) WOOOOOOOOO Scott Steiner baby. I think he stroked his beard at least ten times.

3) Taped Fist match = possible lead up to some sort of gimmick match for Madison/Mickie.

4) Crimson looks odd.

1) Is it just me or does the whole Jeff Jarrett/Karen Angle angle seem kind of...disrespectful. I mean for Karen to turn around and say her favourite photo is one of Kurt getting El Kabong'd on TV - whilst fictional - is gonna have to hurt Kurt a little.

3) Taped Fist match = possible lead up to some sort of gimmick match for Madison/Mickie.

4) Crimson looks odd.

1) It's an odd storyline, it's clearly over the top but some of it just doesn't sit well with me as a viewer.

3) Probably leading to a cage match between the two at Lockdown.

4) Looks like a jobber in a main event spot to me.

2) WOOOOOOOOO Scott Steiner baby. I think he stroked his beard at least ten times.

4) Crimson looks odd.

1) I know this angle isn't to everyone's taste for obvious reasons and I can't say I'm all that hot on the angle either but for me it's purely for entertainment reasons as I personally have a hard time believing that they'd agree to this storyline if A) it wasn't faked and B) the distinction between real and fake wasn't abuntantly clear to both performers and their family, meaning if it made them or especially their kids uncomfortable I don't think as parents they'd have went with it. I just don't think it's a particularly hot or entertaining storyline. Personal opinion.

2) Steiner. He's okay, has his good and bad days.

3) Unless it involves TBP and Winter then I have to be honest, don't really care.

4) Agreed. Can be a main event talent for TNA though if they handle him correctly.

Matt thinks it was because of him

Gerwick.net

Matt Hardy on the latest TNA Impact ratings via Twitter: Hulkster & Jeff brought me in & the ratings keep growin-Coincidence?I think not! FACT! .. Dixie, u can thank ME & Jeff 4 the ratings jump-just saying.

wow

I have lost all respect for the Hardy brothers. These guys are super dbags just full of themselves. Case and point would be Jeff's shoot on CM Punk.

Their in ring work has taken a step back, and they are too full of themselves.

Watched Impact tonight as I was home sick and couldn't do my normal Thursday night thing but is anyone else really annoyed by the Jarrett/Angle Storyline. I mean not the storyline itself I think its fine but the whole Karen Angle thing I think is kind of disrespectul to both Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett's late Wife. You have to remember that when Jarrett was gone from TNA for a while it was because his wife had cancer and she has since passed. But does anyone think that they are no pun intended crossing the line with this storyline?

Watched Impact tonight as I was home sick and couldn't do my normal Thursday night thing but is anyone else really annoyed by the Jarrett/Angle Storyline. I mean not the storyline itself I think its fine but the whole Karen Angle thing I think is kind of disrespectul to both Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett's late Wife. You have to remember that when Jarrett was gone from TNA for a while it was because his wife had cancer and she has since passed. But does anyone think that they are no pun intended crossing the line with this storyline?

Since when has good taste or going over the line stopped vince Russo? The guy out-Heyman's Heyman in terms of going over the line.