Ufc 109 Relentless

alphadraighon

I know it's a few months away, and we've still got some big matches in between, but is anyone as excited as I am about this event. Randy Couture vs Mark Coleman is gonna be dynamite. Yeah, I know Randy has seemed on a downward slope to some people, but I still think he and Coleman have what it takes to make that match one of the best.

The rest of the card is shaping up pretty well to. Got some good established names to carry to top of the card, but a few younger names on the undercard to give them some good exposure. If you haven't seen it, the current line up is

Josh Koscheck vs Paulo Thiago

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Brando Vera

Nate Marquardt vs Chael Sonnen

Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg

Demian Maia vs Dan Miller

Mac Danzig vs Justin Buchholz

Melvin Guillard vs Ronys Torres

Tim Hague vs Chris Tuchscherer

Phillipe Nover vs Rob Emerson

Mostapha Al Turk vs Rolles Gracie

This is actually a really solid card it lacks a star prescense asides from Couture

Josh Koscheck vs Paulo Thiago will be a great rematch

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Brando Vera will be a great match between two 205 title contenders

Nate Marquardt vs Chael Sonnen another great fight as Marquardt looks toward his title fight

Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg not a spectactular match but more of a good grudge match eventhough I dont care for either of them

Demian Maia vs Dan Miller interesting to see if Maia rebounds

Melvin Guillard vs Ronys Torres Hopefully Guillard can start showing people he is no longer a prospect

Mostapha Al Turk vs Rolles Gracie another good fight as Al Turk hopes not to get poked in the eye ;-) and of course a master BJJ artist like Gracie will be exciting

I still can't believe they have put Coleman and Couture in the main event. If they weren't so stuck due to injuries at the moment, there's no way they'd charge $50 for that fight.

Really? I mean I realize that it looks like a feeder fight for Couture but I still think its going to be a good fight. And the fact that it is co-mained by Koscheck vs Thiago, which should be an awesome fight and you got a good event.

Then you have Vera facing Nogueira which should be a great one, those two seem to fit a bit better than Vera/Couture from a few events back.

Serra vs Trigg while nothing spectacular on paper is featuring two fighters wanting back into the top degree of the ufc. Trigg has his passion back and I see him turning his recent failures around.

To me this looks like one spectacular card IMHO. I will deffinately be buying it.

My only question is why we are seeing Fitch vs Pierce this event and not seeing Koscheck Vs Fitch to decide who should really be the #1 Contender in that division because Dan Hardy vs GSP is just a freakin joke IMHO.

Really? I mean I realize that it looks like a feeder fight for Couture but I still think its going to be a good fight. And the fact that it is co-mained by Koscheck vs Thiago, which should be an awesome fight and you got a good event.

Then you have Vera facing Nogueira which should be a great one, those two seem to fit a bit better than Vera/Couture from a few events back.

Serra vs Trigg while nothing spectacular on paper is featuring two fighters wanting back into the top degree of the ufc. Trigg has his passion back and I see him turning his recent failures around.

To me this looks like one spectacular card IMHO. I will deffinately be buying it.

My only question is why we are seeing Fitch vs Pierce this event and not seeing Koscheck Vs Fitch to decide who should really be the #1 Contender in that division because Dan Hardy vs GSP is just a freakin joke IMHO.

I've got nothing against the rest of the card - it's solid from top to bottom. But the past few performances from Couture and Coleman wouldn't having me running out to buy a ticket or PPV as a main event fight. Everyone assumed that their bout would be the second from top fight untill the injury crisis got worse and worse.

Koscheck and Fitch wont fight unless it's for the title.

Overall wins mean nothing, he is 5-4 in the UFC showing he still has alot to prove despite his hype.

May as well say he has one foot in the unemployment line with a ufc record like that.

Always made no sense to me the way one guy can lose twice in the ufc and be booted while others can lose over and over and over and still have a job.

its a pretty generic card. UFC tends to have these, what I will call, transitional cards, where the fights are so-so star wise (easily can be some amazing fights on the card though quality wise) and its basically so guys can get some wins to make them legitament contenders. Cards like this are the reason I think UFC needs to re-do its divisions. Change it so there is a Heavy Welterweight that is 171-180, Middlewight from 181-190, Light Heavyweight 191-200, Cruiserweight from 201-220, Heavyweight from 221-265. Would add two more titles and help even out divisions = more title fights.

And I felt like predicting this card... dunno why.

Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman - decision

Josh Koscheck vs Paulo Thiago - decision

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Brando Vera - round 2 (t)ko

Nate Marquardt vs Chael Sonnen - round 3 (t)ko

Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg - decision

Demian Maia vs Dan Miller - round 1 submission

Mac Danzig vs Justin Buchholz - round 3 (t)ko

Melvin Guillard vs Ronys Torres - round 2 (t)ko

Tim Hague vs Chris Tuchscherer - round 3 (t)ko

Phillipe Nover vs Rob Emerson - round 1 submission

Mostapha Al Turk vs Rolles Gracie - round 1 submission

May as well say he has one foot in the unemployment line with a ufc record like that.

Always made no sense to me the way one guy can lose twice in the ufc and be booted while others can lose over and over and over and still have a job.

Draw. If you draw you'll keep your job, UFC is a business at the end of the day. Look at Clay Guida, he's 5-5 in the octagon, but the crowd loves him, people wanna see him fight and win or lose, he puts on a show. Guida is in no danger of being cut, as I'm sure you'll agree.

Draw. If you draw you'll keep your job, UFC is a business at the end of the day. Look at Clay Guida, he's 5-5 in the octagon, but the crowd loves him, people wanna see him fight and win or lose, he puts on a show. Guida is in no danger of being cut, as I'm sure you'll agree.

Yeah, there are tons of good examples like that. Drew McFedries, Alessio Sakara, Chris Leben, etc. Maybe the first two not so much as Guida, but they'll always find work on the prelims and would likely need only a win or two outside the UFC to get themselves back in the fold.

Then you have Bonnar and Griffin, those guys pretty much have a job for life! :D

Yeah, there are tons of good examples like that. Drew McFedries, Alessio Sakara, Chris Leben, etc. Maybe the first two not so much as Guida, but they'll always find work on the prelims and would likely need only a win or two outside the UFC to get themselves back in the fold.

Then you have Bonnar and Griffin, those guys pretty much have a job for life! :D

Griffin yes, Bonnar No. From what I've heard he has to win at 110 or he's in the unemployment line.

And I wouldn't put Leben in there either as I see him as being on the outs very soon too. Thats just my opinion and I don't mean to step on yours but I just don't see him as entertaining anymore.

Overall wins mean nothing, he is 5-4 in the UFC showing he still has alot to prove despite his hype.

i agree, i am a big fan of guillard, he still has lots of potential left even after all these fights, he was doing very good against diaz until the end. i think if he keeps improving he could someday be a major player

Archived