Doty Voting

Doty Voting  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Doty Voting

• I don't like to vote
    • Voting is like sex I do it as often as possible
    • Voting is civic duty, but I don't know what civic means
    • yes now leave me alone for another year!

voted for the categories I felt comfortable with.

and do you know what's cool about survey moneky? it won't mess with my calculation in the least when I go to figure out who the winners are. :D

believe me, I think category skipping is far more common than people who vote for every level and every category. Andy hey that's more than cool, rather have people not vote, than vote for something they don't know about and the true best does not end up winning.

believe me, I think category skipping is far more common than people who vote for every level and every category. Andy hey that's more than cool, rather have people not vote, than vote for something they don't know about and the true best does not end up winning.

Hence my not voting on the RW categories. Sorry, all, I've tried several this year but it just hasn't stuck.

the votes are still snaking in 55 completed surveys.

(I still haven't voted :p)

question for those who suggested or have used survey monkey. Can I be sure that there is not bots or people just stumbling into random surveys?

For my survey I added an 'insert name here' question to verify who were voting, and to satisfy my own curiosity. A couple of folks put joke-answers like (One was something like "EddStoneRulezOMGZZ") but all in all I could tell everyone was familiar with my show. I imagine surveymonkey is pretty good at keeping the surveys private.

I'm curious as to why you ask... have there been any bot-like voting patterns?

I just put my vote in! As others have said, It was really really hard to make a decision on some as there are some great diaries up this year!

I haven't been on the boards much the past month or so due to a lot of life situations arising, however, I wanted to put my vote out there!

Cheers.

For my survey I added an 'insert name here' question to verify who were voting, and to satisfy my own curiosity. A couple of folks put joke-answers like (One was something like "EddStoneRulezOMGZZ") but all in all I could tell everyone was familiar with my show. I imagine surveymonkey is pretty good at keeping the surveys private.

I'm curious as to why you ask... have there been any bot-like voting patterns?

I don't think so, we just got over 50 quickly fairly quickly, we are 4 days into voting and at 58 completed 62 started. I think the best ever of the moth was 70 or so.

last year voting topped out around 45 people. So Survey monkey was a great idea!

I don't think so, we just got over 50 quickly fairly quickly, we are 4 days into voting and at 58 completed 62 started. I think the best ever of the moth was 70 or so.

last year voting topped out around 45 people. So Survey monkey was a great idea!

Theres lots of people who lurk around here as guests, but have never thought to sign up. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those have been voting or will do in the future because you don't need to be registered here to do it.

question for those who suggested or have used survey monkey. Can I be sure that there is not bots or people just stumbling into random surveys?

I've used Survey Monkey throughout my XWA diary and I've never had any replies from anybody or anything other than regular GDS posters. I have to say that I've really enjoyed using it for my diary and think it's added a different dimension to it. I'd certainly go with it again if I decided to do a 2010 diary along the line.

And like Totti said - it allows for non-regulars here to post some votes too.

There isn't a way for people to stumble into a survey as far as I know. The only thing that can happen is having a person stuff the ballot box by hopping on different IPs and doing the survey more than once. I'd highly doubt that would happen though.

That number is not too surprising. My first survey through survey monkey had like 60 respondents. And that was just little old me.

Voted.

In the future I'd suggest doing this via PM rather then survey monkey. Although it's easier on an admin side, as pointed out, someone could just go to a computer lab and vote dozens of times and still have dozens of unique IP's. If you do it via PM, you know that it's an actual person voting.

Then again, I doubt DotY is something that people would cheat on :rolleyes: but you never know. I hear tell that Self is quite fanatic about getting into the HoI, and you never know what kind of sneaky, commy ploy C-bot might try ;)

Voted.

In the future I'd suggest doing this via PM rather then survey monkey. Although it's easier on an admin side, as pointed out, someone could just go to a computer lab and vote dozens of times and still have dozens of unique IP's. If you do it via PM, you know that it's an actual person voting.

Then again, I doubt DotY is something that people would cheat on :rolleyes: but you never know. I hear tell that Self is quite fanatic about getting into the HoI, and you never know what kind of sneaky, commy ploy C-bot might try ;)

after using survey moneky, I might due unique log in names, and force you to use your GDS name, but I have gotten twice the responce rate, and will have to do half the work.

but I think we should hold tew 2010 elections, for who should run DOTM and other things, I would hate to think I was doing this by fiat.

I've had internet problems, but got my vote in,

hopefully there are not chicago style ballot box stuffings. that's shameful it happens - this is not American Idol

(might can tell from the results if one seems out of line)

Okay I always love an Al Capone reference!:D

I voted on the first day but never put it down here.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/Zeel1/JimForce.jpg

"Let it be known that the forces of forcefull FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORCE has displayed a dreaded, deductive, decisive demeanor of deathly dissapointment™ towards you all!!! *Snarl* For you see, is it your replies that make up the jet fuel that powers the massive spaceship that is known quite simply as the Goddess Of Light and Love's Queen's Double of Servicious Servitude's Mighty Malicious Mariner of Matriculous Malinformed Misnomer of Mighty MIIIIIGHT!!!™™™ The responsibility of the welfare of this ship, which was formed using the backs of beasts that shed blood of solid gold, was past down to all of you, and all have you have FAILED THE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORCE!!!

I know this, just as sure as Ancient Greece is the Ancient Word - in order to make up for this blashphemous lazinesss, you must all post NOOOOOOOOOW!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

AND BUY MY MERCHANDISE!!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! THE FORCE HAS SPOKEN!"

Archived