What's going on in your game?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A-ha, lesson learned ... well played TEW 2010.

So I set up promotional pacts (non-aggression, `cause Larry Wood's a xenophobe when it comes to wrestling companies), in an effort to save my shining crown jewel in my little rinky-dink promotion, with every main line level Japanese company. GCG, WLW, Burning Hammer ... everything is fine and dandy.

I get a note that my crown jewel (heretofore known as Greg "I am awesome, and the world should know it" Gauge.) got a contract offer from Hinote Dojo. No big deal, he splits time between my place and Japan, makes a few friends, learns some new songs in the karaoke bars, and everyone is happy ... but no, he signs into development. I thought having the pact with the parent company would avoid that, but it looks like I was outsmarted. *Shakes fist towards Japan* (Assumedly, my sense of direction is not so good.) Blast you, Burning Hammer!

*blinks*

Uh...

Yeah. That...

*facepants*

Wait, I can't reach them. Uh...

*faceknee*

Well, it's not like it was something I wanted to do long term. But... wow, the crowd HATES her.

It's not like I had many options with how I wanted to keep low-pop people who were willing to compete for a garbage promotions.

Not until year three. I justify the shows as giving me the rankings of who are the top tier guys by most wins in singles competition. Then I can start getting to titles.

I kind of want to just ditch my game and do this. Do you sim 4 months and then do your event or do you do your first event in the 1st month of the game?

Using the TGA mod. I started a promotion (I used TCW from the Cverse, but moved it to the Tri-State; since that's my home turf) at 0/0/0 and $10 million (to be fair, I used a dice roll to determine what amount I started with), in March 1987. I'm now in April 1989 and have just hit Regional.

My current roster is.....

Main Event/Upper Midcard

• Dutch Mantell
  • Lanny Poffo
  • Sting (TCW World Heavyweight Champion)
  • Shinya Hashimoto
  • Chavo Guerrero (TCW World Tag Team Champion)
  • [Michael Hayes
  • Phil LaFon
  • Eddie Guerrero
  • Terry Taylor
  • Mando Guerrero (TCW World Tag Team Champion)

Midcarder/Lower Midcard

• Ultimo Dragon
  • Chris Benoit (TCW International Champion)
  • Taz
  • Dean Malenko
  • Villano V
  • Joe Malenko
  • Villano IV
  • Jerry Lynn
  • Doug Furnas
  • Marty Jannetty

Opener/Enhancement

• Dave Taylor
  • 2 Cold Scorpio
  • Stevie Ray

Staff Members

• Jim Ross (Announcer)
  • Paul Heyman (Colour Commentator)
  • Earl Hebner (Ref)
  • Nick Patrick (Ref)
  • Rik Raines (Road Agent; myself)

Notable Workers I've Lost

• Shawn Michaels to WCW
  • Mark Callous to WWF
  • Brian Pillamn to WCW
  • Bam Bam Bigelow to WCW
  • Curt Hennig to WWF
  • Leon White to WWF
  • Mick Foley to WCW
  • Shane Douglas to WCW

My roster was raided pretty hard by WWF and WCW at the same time, these are just the most notable guys I lost to the raid, but I had to do a lot of rebuilding. Lucky enough, Sting, Chris Benoit, and Eddie Guerrero have all become Loyal to me for getting the off drugs and roids (Marty Jannetty is loyal to me as well, but I use him as an upscale jobber. Been considering trying to make him into my "new" Shawn Michaels though).

I was building my promotion around Shawn Michaels/Sting/Mark Callous originally, but soon as Michaels and Callous were signed away, I jobbed them out to Sting who is now my "Franchise".

I've been working with NJPW and AJPW, with both Masahiro Chono (NJPW) and Misawa (AJPW) on loan to me for a few shows each and I plan on having them each face Sting (and losing) and facing each other. I've also recently stated working with CMLL and I am trying to get Dos Caras and Rey Misterio on loan for a show or two as well.

My next goal is to reach Cult though and I want to place Child Promotions in the US, Mexico, and Japan. With my locker room being 100% drug and steroid free (at the moment at least, no one has tested positive for anything in over 5 months now) my momentum and prestige has started going up by leaps and bounds.

John Cena won the 2008 Royal Rumble, which signifies he gets his title shot at WrestleMania for a Heavyweight Championship, well, of course with the heated feud between Cena and Orton, I felt to continue on with that, and created a " Supremacy " grouping of Randy Orton, Mr. Kennedy, and newly turned Shawn Michaels! (SHOCK! ..) Cena, without shock defeats Shawn Michaels and continues paving his way to WrestleMania to face Randy Orton...

The turn came across very well, and I'm truly happy with that end result, as Triple H never seen it coming, after 6 months of being a Heel, Shawn Michaels will get his title shot against SuperCena(John Cena, duh.) at WWE SummerSlam, maybe the week before as I stole the idea from one of the Smackdown! vs. Raw video games, and have a Champion of Champions Title, which is an annual title of course, and the way things are looking, Shawn Michaels isn't only going to become the WWE Heavyweight Champion for the 4th time, but he is going to become the FIRST WWE Champion of Champions! Woo! Excitement!

CM Punk, on the other hand is WWE World Heavyweight Champion after cashing in his MITB at WrestleMania against Edge who just defeated Ric Flair. I believe he'll be losing his Championship as well, right before SummerSlam, meaning he won't compete in the Champions of Champions, Hell In A Cell, Triple Threat. No, no, that honor goes to Big Show, who I plan on holding the WWE World Heavyweight Championship for at least 4 Defences(1 a month..) Sadly enough, Big Show who I believe in that Smackdown! vs. RAW video game, was the reasoning behind Champion of Champions. Except he won't be ECW Champion.

That brings me to Big Daddy V, who is the ECW Champion, on his first reign after beating Dreamer and ending Dreamer's second run with the ECW Championship. Big Daddy V hasn't done much since becoming Champion, really just beating on Dreamer, and his pal RVD, which I guess, serves his purpose, as Tommy Dreamer will also defeat Big Daddy V right before SummerSlam too, giving him his Third Reign with the ECW Championship! (I'm so proud of him!)

I have like, the perfect picture in my head, or video rather, of Big Show early on in the match proving to be more " Extreme " than ECW Champion, Tommy Dreamer, by beating him down with a chair in the early going, and just basically destroying HBK and Dreamer both.

Then the tide will turn nearing the end, with Big Show's Showstopper Chokeslam being reversed and countered with a kick to the midsection by Dreamer, only for him to pick up a Kendo stick from the mat, that was dropped after Show's earlier destruction, and slam the kendo stick right through the gut of Show, and a wicked smack across the back with it as well, all the while Big Show drops to his knees and Dreamer hits his Dreamer DDT, onto a convienantly(sp?) placed chair busting Show open as Dreamer shows his fury and the taunts to a massive ovation as he turns only to be dropped by Sweet Chin Music, and Shawn Michaels wraps it up from there.

In other news, WWE Intercontinental Champion, Kenny Dykstra who has held Jeff Hardy off recently, may drop his championship soon to Carlito Colon, who will then begin his second reign as WWE Intercontinental Champion.

Almost the same can be said for Matt Hardy, as he defeated the " Unbeatable " MVP, and ending his 13 win, winning streak, and took away his WWE United States Championship, but I plan on having Matt Hardy drop it soon to Kevin Thorn who has caught some attention after making waves from his ECW run.

Both WWE Tag Team Championships and WWE World Tag Team Championships are kind of aimless at this point as A-List [John Morrison and The Miz] begin their 2nd reign as WWE Tag Team Champs, as do Hard Rhodes [Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly].

WWE Women's Championship, and WWE Diva's Champion have been meaningless to this point, I can get a rating out of any of the women. Even Kate Blossom [Kate Avatar] was WWE Diva's Champion for 2-3 months pulling in almost the same as current WWE Diva's Champion Melina Perez, and that's barely above a D if even that. WWE Women's Champion is Natalya Neidhart, and it's odd how I had drafted at least 1 woman from each brand, and both are current champs, on their new brands, hmm...

I also struck nicely with a 97 rating out of CM Punk and JBL at Vengeance, and Cena pulled in a 95 against Orton and Michaels in a Triple Threat. ECW Brand has yet to put any great ratings forth but eh, they're still a work in progress.. Anyways, there's my 6 month Update, I've been seemingly playing this forever, but I always get distracted with Cornellverse or something else, like Mass Effect 2 or Dead Island.. Blah..

Anyways, I might update again for TNA, as I'm playing them too, but they're still Cult. Nothing amazing yet.

I kind of want to just ditch my game and do this. Do you sim 4 months and then do your event or do you do your first event in the 1st month of the game?

If you start on hard (that is setting your user character to the highest reputation and making the new promotion from within the game itself) you get like 10k and you can do a show right away usually I do every three months so January, April, July and October (New Beginning, Raining Blood, Red, White and Black & Blue and Helloween). If you start with an actual 0/0/0/0 fed and no money I'd wait at least one month to start a show. This is also dependent on product I run a cult/daredevil fed that is performance based so getting sponsorship money is like pulling teeth. If you run a more mainstream promotion you might be able to start at 0 money and still run a show in month one.

If you do what I do and hire all F- over guys under 25 they're going to suck so I set all three match times to 6 minutes. I lay out a spread sheet so without the visual aid this may not make any sense but... With 16 people that means each grouping is 8 tag teams which is four matches in each group and they'll be 15 groups (because each person will have 15 different partners 16 on the roster minus themselves) which means you will have a total of 60 matches in that year. Divided by 4 show that's 15 matches a show which means on some shows people will be wrestling 3 times a night and since you are using 6 minute matches with the 2 minute entrance time that's 8 minutes times 15 matches which is exactly 120 per show. Nice and neat.

When you get to singles competition there will be 8 match ups per a group and again 15 different groups (so each worker can face all 15 other guys) which is 120 matches for the year. I add two shows for six shows in year 2 which is 20 matches per show and 8 minutes that's 160 minutes so I take two matches and put them in the preshow (now 148 minutes) and add a minute each to the matches with my two top psychology workers giving us a 150 minute show.

Now after year two I've tested all my workers on both singles and tag team chemistry. I've seen what the road agent (usually my top psychology worker) has done with the wins losses and I can start seeing where things are going to go from there in year three.

Year three I ran one show a month and made money. Year four I added a weekly event so i could get past regional (I play in Tri-State and was the big loser in a four way competition for regional battle so I could never stay at regional).

All in all I have a lot of fun and I like to see the growth of workers. Stretch the Chicken Boy doesn't have a single Performance skill under 50 and has a psychology of 68 now in the middle of 2015. His entertainment skills are up there too with a 66 in charisma and his highest top row skill is a 62 mat wrestling with all his other Technical and Flying skills above 50. Truth be told except for his appallingly low Star Quality Stretch is a better worker than some guys on SWFs starting roster and he's only 28.

I'm trying that method now.. do you turn off heel divide for the first 2 years? I assume? Set ratio to 100% matches?

I also changed all match lengths to 6 minutes. :p

& looks like Bill Apter will be my announcer AND road agent.. lol

Roster:

1 Al Snow

2 Bob Holly

3 Sabu (ST)

4 Savio Vega

5 Johnny Grunge

6 Chris Benoit (ST)

7 Brian Adams

8 Steve Blackman

9 Norman Smiley

10 Ray Lloyd

11 Jason Knight

12 Rex King

13 Mike Starbuck

14 Dusty Wolfe

15 Derrick Dukes

16 Scott Putski

Got my spreadsheet of 120 teams and 4 annuals scheduled... let the games begin.

Also, all workers are $150 or under. The referee is $400... and I snagged Chris Benoit, Scott Putski, and Norman Smile for $100. Putski auto pushes to main eventer so that's a pretty freakin sweet bargain, unless he sucks.

Pretty excited to see Big Boss Man pull out a 96 rated match in the main event at the Royal Rumble.

Sure it was against Randy Savage, but Boss Man brought the goods. I'm going to pull the trigger and put the title on him leading into Wrestlemania. I'm still going to run with the Mega Powers Explode angle, but I'm going to feature Elizabeth heavily and remove the world title from the equation.

Ideally by the time Savage/Hogan have fueded all summer I will have several new legit Main Eventers on the table. Boss Man-Steamboat is in the works in the short term. Boss Man-Slaughter looks penciled in to SummerSlam barring a critical miss on Slaughter's debut.

Seems the most logical way(to me atleast) to rebuild the company in the wake of Andre's severe injury. Enter the age of "Boss Man ia."

Love that you guys have crunched the numbers on getting everyone in your roster chemistried. Chemistry...ed?

Anyway, as I have before, I'd suggest making a product skewed toward sponsorship to allow for more shows/year. Once you've got some money and figured out the chemistry, change it to what you want.

My 0/0/0/0 game made money it's first month, even with a show. I think it was like 1k, but...yeah.

Starting a new 0/0/0/0 game, this time focusing on comedy (while still having 100% danger somehow). Set it in Europe.

....And two weeks in, bankruptcy warning. WTF.

Sadly owner goals keep me from hiring a few people I wanted... particularly Snowman. But I managed to aquire a roster that... well... better than BCW's at least.

Fortius Minimus

Gianfranco Morelli

Haiti Voodude

Hugh de Aske

Jack Miracle

Jacques DuPont

Lance Martin

Pierre DuPont

Puffy The Sand Iron Player

Ultra Fly

Wonder Boy

Jack Miracle is Jack Avatar of course. To give the DuPonts a team to face I partnered Voodude with Ripper LeStat as the Nightmare Machineguns (originally called Death Comes Ripping, but I decided to give them that as a tag finisher name instead).

Why Europe? Fortius Minimus. He's going to hold a midcard title forever without successfully defending (because he always loses via countout). I haven't decided if he will actually win the belt in a BR or just award the belt to himself yet though.

I'm trying that method now.. do you turn off heel divide for the first 2 years? I assume? Set ratio to 100% matches?

I also changed all match lengths to 6 minutes. :p

& looks like Bill Apter will be my announcer AND road agent.. lol

Roster:

1 Al Snow

2 Bob Holly

3 Sabu (ST)

4 Savio Vega

5 Johnny Grunge

6 Chris Benoit (ST)

7 Brian Adams

8 Steve Blackman

9 Norman Smiley

10 Ray Lloyd

11 Jason Knight

12 Rex King

13 Mike Starbuck

14 Dusty Wolfe

15 Derrick Dukes

16 Scott Putski

Got my spreadsheet of 120 teams and 4 annuals scheduled... let the games begin.

Also, all workers are $150 or under. The referee is $400... and I snagged Chris Benoit, Scott Putski, and Norman Smile for $100. Putski auto pushes to main eventer so that's a pretty freakin sweet bargain, unless he sucks.

Finished!

With those 16 workers (miraculously I still have ALL of them) here are my outcomes:

7 positive

14 negative

2 loyal workers

ONE single tag team: Norman Smiley & Derrick Dukes: great chemistry

Potential feuds based on positive chemistry:

Bob Holly vs Norman Smiley, Savio Vega (good & good)

Steve Blackman vs Jason Knight (good)

Johnny Grunge vs Brian Adams, Dusty Wolfe, & Jason Knight (great, great, great)

This works for me as my 2 loyal workers are Grunge & Blackman, and I'm a Jason Knight mark so I'll be looking forward to pushing him. I suppose this isn't too bad... what I'm thinking of doing now is hiring like 5 managers and 'equipping' one of them to every single worker for one show, then do the next show for another manager, etc...

What sucks is my highest psych worker was Benoit and he only had like 52-55 when i started (wtf, right?) so there wasn't a whole LOT of improvement across the whole roster, but Benoit is up to like 60. Unfortunately though, he'll probably be snatched away soon.

I'm probably going to hire maybe 3-4 new workers and have them work through the cycle next. Am LOVING this method. Who to hire, though... suggestions?

Also... will working with other announcers (not angles just straight up announce/colour work) improve commentator's skills faster than working solo? I'm trying to think of what I can do with my user character (Bill Apter).

Also... will working with other announcers (not angles just straight up announce/colour work) improve commentator's skills faster than working solo? I'm trying to think of what I can do with my user character (Bill Apter).

Sit two workers in the other two color seats. If you every match they announce will raise there pop just a little and if the announcer has good skills (Mic, Acting, Charisma) he'll help the workers there. Or if you put two already good workers they will raise the matches with their commentating.

Sit two workers in the other two color seats. If you every match they announce will raise there pop just a little and if the announcer has good skills (Mic, Acting, Charisma) he'll help the workers there. Or if you put two already good workers they will raise the matches with their commentating.

I was thinking of doing that but I thought it'd overpower the workers, popularity wise.

But what you're saying confirms what I was wondering... if announcers boost eachother's skills. Thanks!

I was thinking of doing that but I thought it'd overpower the workers, popularity wise.

But what you're saying confirms what I was wondering... if announcers boost eachother's skills. Thanks!

Yes. I had Lee Bambino since the beginning of my game and his skill went up maybe 6 points up until March 2015. I put Steve Smith in the main chair (yes slot kinda matters) and moved Bambino to 3rd with Sara Silver commentating between and in three months his announcing skill has raised 8 points.

But announce skill will only raise if the worker has at least .1 in it. If a worker has 0 in announcing (like an active worker) then they will not grow as an announcer by sitting at the table.

Yes. I had Lee Bambino since the beginning of my game and his skill went up maybe 6 points up until March 2015. I put Steve Smith in the main chair (yes slot kinda matters) and moved Bambino to 3rd with Sara Silver commentating between and in three months his announcing skill has raised 8 points.

Fascinating.. which slot is the 'main chair,' the 1st slot?

I have Bill Apter that I want to raise up since he's a lifetime asset.. I hired the 62 year old Lance Russell who has 100 in announcing, and i hired Paul Ellering.

Should they be seated from L2R: Russell, Apter, Ellering?

It's funny that I'm paying no more than $150 for all of my workers (except Benoit at 250-300) yet I'm paying $1000 for Russell and $1500 for Ellering. Worth it so I can boost up Apter's ass to be honest.

Also, I'm testing managers... I got Beulah for $50. lmao

Fascinating.. which slot is the 'main chair,' the 1st slot?

I have Bill Apter that I want to raise up since he's a lifetime asset.. I hired the 62 year old Lance Russell who has 100 in announcing, and i hired Paul Ellering.

Should they be seated from L2R: Russell, Apter, Ellering?

It's funny that I'm paying no more than $150 for all of my workers (except Benoit at 250-300) yet I'm paying $1000 for Russell and $1500 for Ellering. Worth it so I can boost up Apter's ass to be honest.

Also, I'm testing managers... I got Beulah for $50. lmao

l2r Main Announcer, Main Commentator, Trainee Commentator or Announcer

Did not know that. Thank you!

Is there any secret to boosting a referee's skills? Or is it limited to a natural progression?

Natural progression but I'm in july of 2015 and my ref who started I think at D- or maybe lower (Alan Gray) is now at A* 100. FCW hired him as well and then offered me a non-aggression pact when he was in the 80 somewhere.

Natural progression but I'm in july of 2015 and my ref who started I think at D- or maybe lower (Alan Gray) is now at A* 100. FCW hired him as well and then offered me a non-aggression pact when he was in the 80 somewhere.

Awesome. Hopefully mine develops a nasty crack addiction so I can break him of it and make him loyal. It's like a cult method, really.. lol

Only problem is, I don't allow drugs, alcohol, or smoking backstage.. hmm

BTW, will it be an issue regarding the 'announcer skill-building school' if Ellering's in there commentating as a manager, not officially a C.C.?

Archived