What's going on in your game?

You could, yeah. But what about cases like the Triple Crown where you're technically forming a new title? Or a J-Crown like scenario where someone wins multiple (as in three or more) titles and defends them all at once?

The J-Crown is impossible right now anyway due to the whole defending other promotions' championships hangup.

With the Triple Crown, though, how do you keep track of lineage? It just seems way too complicated when you could simply have Kobashi win all three titles, then retire them and give him a new one.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing NOTBPW for the First time I normally play NYCW so I took some time to read thru the Profiles and such I started In July 2011 and am now in September. I did play around with the product a little and made in = In ring and Entertainment after Looking thru I decided that for me I was going to start a massive Storyline involving Steve Decolt building what he calls The New Order to bring down the Dynasty of the Stone’s. It started with him recruiting The Can-Am Blondes and taking out Dan Stone Sr. the next person to join the new Order was Johnny Bloodstone who was quick to grab the New Impact Championship. In the Last two months The New Order has just about interfered in every match that has a Stone in it and when one interference went wrong and Sean McFly was taken out by mistake he sided with the Stones.

I think so far it has defiantly helped at least The Can-Am Blondes get over huge both are over 90 all over Canada Erik has now made it to upper midcard. Im hoping to keep the war going to atlest Winter War for a final epic 30 min submission between DeColt and Dan Stone Jr and a cage match between Bloodstone and Mcfly. I’m and toying with having Damian "The Natural" Carvill turn on The New Order and siding with the Stones but I’m hoping I can get my hands on atlest one more DeColt before doing that.

You know who my new sorta-favorite guy is?

William Hayes.

He's 32 right now (late 2012), and...he's solid. Touch of psychology would help, but hell! Guy can talk! And with Jack Avatar had a 96 in the semi-main. Looks like he might...he might take the title off Deeley, actually...

I like the render too. Solid looking guy.

NICE JOB with the Rock/DDP match, that is a match that SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED. But of course, McMahon had to screw it up and not let WCW be represented as equals. (unless they were padded with WWF crossovers. Rubbish!) What mod are you using?

I'm using Genadi's 2001 May Mod, it's awesome. Really have enjoyed booking DDP, never thought he would hit those kind of ratings though, I may have to reward him with a title run once he's finished with Taker at Summerslam

Well, you can't give a guy enough reigns to get in, even if he's 100 pop across a region...can get to 99%, though.

Anyway, I'm pulling above 40k (or expected to) with 47/65 Industry/Economy. Freaking sweet. Now if it pops to about 80/80...things might happen.

Yeah, but its Jericho so after I gave him those three titles and the new Triple Crown, he became a future inductee.

So I just finished my September PPV, WPL King of the Ring. My King of the Ring is a battle royal which gives the winner a title shot at the next month's PPV, Last Rites. This wasn't my best rated PPV, but it was probably my favorite so far.

The show opened with Dan Stone Jr, Jeremy Stone, and Sean McFly coming to the ring. Wait, let me back up a second.

In August at the Ed Henson Memorial, Dan Stone won the heavyweight title from Steve DeColt and Jeremy Stone won the the Henson Cup, submitting Johnny Blood in the finals of the tournament. Sean McFly beat Buddy Garner, but was attacked by Dread afterwards, who's been attacking all of the Stone clan he can get his hands on (minus Victoria, of course).

So in the run up to King of the Ring, Jack DeColt won a number one contender match to challenge Dan Stone for the title at the PPV. Steve DeColt decided he was going to hold off on his rematch clause. Sean McFly and Jeremy Stone decided they'd team up to take the tag titles off of Dreaddie Chandler (not their official name, but I like it).

On the final episode of Livewire, my weekly A show, Jack DeColt beat Larry Wood. That didn't sit well with Wood, so he laid Jack out after the match. Dan Stone, Jeremy Stone, and Sean McFly faced off against the non-Dreaddie Chandler members of Elite: Buddy Garner, Dan DaLay, and John Maverick. That match ended in a DQ when Dreaddie Chandler interfered and beat down McFly and the Stones. Seeing both the participants of the heavyweight title match attacked and hurt just days before the PPV, Steve DeColt ended the show by coming out and invoking his rematch clause, turning the King of the Ring main event into a triple threat match.

So now, back to the PPV. Dan Stone, Jeremy Stone, and Sean McFly come out to open the show. They announced that Jeremy was unable to wrestle because of the attack, so McFly was going to have to find a new partner. Dan was hurt, but he'd still be in the main event.

The opening match saw Johnny Blood defeat Art Reed in a submission match. Blood is determined to prove that his loss at the Memorial was a fluke. I plan on having Blood submit Jeremy Stone at Last Rites, leading to an ultimate submission match between the two at Resolution, my year-end PPV.

After that match, Emma Chase came out. I stole her from the SWF in August. And stole is kind of pretty accurate. I wasn't able to get her because I was only international, and the SWF was global. I was so close to global, though, literally only a few points of popularity in the US away. I thought that was a dumb reason to miss out on her, especially considering I was willing to wildly overpay, so I used the editor. Technically I cheated, but whatever, I look at this incident like jaywalking. Besides, I righted the karmic scales, but more on that later.

So Emma Chase debuted for my company at the beginning of September, opening the first episode of Livewire on CBA, the huge, mainstream US/Canada network. She spent the month teasing about a coming revolution.

Well, at the PPV she came out and told McFly she had a partner for him. McFly, not having any other options, accepted. That partner turned out to be my user character, Michael Sabean. I had been off TV for the past two months selling an injury delivered by Dread. So me and McFly teamed up against Dreaddie Chandler and beat them for the titles. And thus Emma Chase's new stable, Revolution, was formed. So far it's her, McFly, and me. The Eagle will probably join (a renamed American Eliemental), and probably Swoop in a couple months.

Anyway, the PPV rolled on. Larry Wood dominated Erik Strong because I needed some filler. Some promos from the Horsemen and Ricky DeColt. The battle royal was won by Buddy Garner, who will get his first title shot next month. The co-main saw Dark Angel retake the X-Division title from Ricky DeColt. And in the main event, Steve DeColt was well on his way to winning the title before he took a crazy bump (God bless him, he loves to bump) allowing Dan Stone the opportunity to pin Jack DeColt to retain the title.

Overall the show got a 93, which is certainly nice, but not as good as the 99 I got in June for the Summer Bash or the 97 in August for the Henson Memorial. I had a ton of fun setting up the feuds, though.

About righting the karmic scales I mentioned earlier, Alex DeColt has gone to the SWF. His contract came up, I haven't been thrilled with him, so I decided to just let the SWF have him. I've had a couple other departures as well. Hotstuff Marie just left because she thought she deserved Emma Chase money, which was a wild overestimation of her value to me on her part. Owen Love is also gone, and that one crushed me. I just wasn't going to make him and his 71 pop the second-highest paid guy on my roster, so he ended up going to TCW as the Canadian Cat. The Can-Am Blondes were such a great team, but oh well.

So yeah, that's what's been going on.

My first proposed working agreement! I'm running Summit Wrestling League out of the Northwest for my Road to Glory game (Go Templar!) and for the first time, someone approached me with a promotion pact. CZCW wants to work with me, the lowest ranked promotion in the world, and I'm actually super excited about it. We may have only run 8 shows so far, and out highest rated match may have only been our 5 40s, but we're showing up on people's radars. We're coming for you, ACPW!

I've been thinking a lot about my upcoming (6 weeks away) Slamboree Pay-Per-View. In 1996, WCW held the final Battlebowl tournament at the event. You know the one, the Lethal Lottery. The one where you'd get Animal and Booker T vs. Hawk and Lex Luger kicking off the show.

Would it be worth doing this? I always loved the concept, but with chemistry issues, etc., would the match ratings be so low that it would be detrimental to my company? Has anyone tried doing this, and had success with it?

My first proposed working agreement! I'm running Summit Wrestling League out of the Northwest for my Road to Glory game (Go Templar!) and for the first time, someone approached me with a promotion pact. CZCW wants to work with me, the lowest ranked promotion in the world, and I'm actually super excited about it. We may have only run 8 shows so far, and out highest rated match may have only been our 5 40s, but we're showing up on people's radars. We're coming for you, ACPW!

Does that conflict with the rules? You didn't initiate the agreement, but you can't have WAs...

Unless this is your yearly bonus, in which case...*shrug*

My game is going less well, if only because I have to document EVERY SINGLE HIRING GRAWWWHHHHHHHHHH

Does that conflict with the rules? You didn't initiate the agreement, but you can't have WAs...

Unless this is your yearly bonus, in which case...*shrug*

My game is going less well, if only because I have to document EVERY SINGLE HIRING GRAWWWHHHHHHHHHH

Aww, damn it. Time to cancel it then. I haven't taken advantage of it yet, so I don't feel dirty.

Honestly, I'd say it's legal. It wasn't you; it was your charm. *cough*

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/9/26019391066.jpg

smh

Did I expect this to be amazing? No. Historically, Maple Leaf Raids has been quite solid, and this was solid. Sadly, Canada is too popular for an 89 to matter.

But look at the matches.

Two 99s as the main and semi-main.

96 before that with William Hayes.

Sure, there's a 67, but...with hella better angles, I could have easily had a 90. Possibly...possibly a 96.

I have a really good long term game going (January 2020) Started a 0 popularity and am now in high Cult creeping toward national (maybe 8 months away) Our current big story is Jack DeColt- comeback of the year in 2019.

Jack left CGC in May 2011, then joined SWF in September 2011. He stayed with SWF through March of 2016. In January he became available on a PPA contract, du to their drop to cult, and although I rarely sign guys still under contract with SWF, the chance to have a DeColt was too tempting. This coupled with the fact that Ricky had held my World title prior to being snagged by NOTBPW. Unfortunately Jack only worked two cards for me before NOTBPW grabbed him as well.

Jack more or less toiled in NOTBPW, although he and Ricky did win the tag titles on one occasion (making 1 defense). His power rankings:

2009 #97

2010 #57

2011 #98

2016 #83

2017 #73

2018 #97

In August 2019 NOTBPW decided not to re-sign Jack and I was able to grab him on a written deal. Around this same time I was able to get Greg Gauge as well. My user character, Scorpion (Jack Avatar with a different pic) had held my world title for over a year, much longer than I like to have it on him. However, I didn't have anyone else who I trusted to carry the main event. Jack DeColt and Greg Gauge were guys I could trust. I quickly pushed them up the card to the main event. My creative team told me Jack was my top wrestler and so I decided to take a chance and put the belt on him as opposed to Gauge. It was the best decision I've made. He' put on multiple 90+ matches and in 2019 was ranked #4 in the year end rankings. With a full year on my roster on 2020 i fully expect him to be a contender for wrestler of the year. Ideally I'd like him to eventually drop the title to Gauge, but it depends if I hit National first. Sadly, both contracts come up at the same time and I will have to cycle their popularity down to re-sign them if I'm still cult

AWA (Mid-South) title histories

AWA World

Matthew Keith Jan 2010-Mar 2010

Samoan Machine Mar 2010-May 2011

Hell Monkey May 2011- Aug 2011

Rhino Umaga Aug 2011-Oct 2011

KC Glenn Oct 2011-Mar 2012

Scorpion Mar 2012-Sept 2012

Marc DuBois Sept 2012-Sept 2013

Ricky DeColt Sept 2013-July 2014

Ernest Youngman July 2014-January 2015

Scorpion (2) Jan 2015-May 2016

Mainstream Hernandez May 2016-Feb 2017

Mario Heroic Feb 2017- July 2017

Squeeky McClean July 2017-Jan 2018

Human Arsenal Jan 2018-Feb 2018

Scorpion (3) Feb 2018-Sept 2019

Jack DeColt Sept 2019-

AWA World Tag Team

Cameron Vessey & Animal Harker June 2010-Mar 2011

Samoan Fly Boyz (Kid Toma & Arthur Dexter Bradley) Mar 2011-Oct 2011

Joey Beauchamp & Ernest Youngman Oct 2011-Oct 2011

Latino Kings (Hector Galindo & Rudy Valesquez) Oct 2011- April 2012

Cameron Vessey & Animal Harker (2) April 2012- Feb 2013

Rafael Ruiz & Angel de Mexico Feb 2013-Nov 2013

Bradley Blaze & Marshall Dillon Nov 2013- Sept 2014

Ricky DeColt & Canadian Superstar (Davis Wayne Newton) Sept 2014-Sept 2015

C-V-2 (Vessey & Valentine) Sept 2015-May 2016

Samoan Wildboyz (Akima Brave & Kid Toma) May 2016- Jan 2017

Greg Gauge & Ash Campbell Jan 2017-Feb 2017

Dallas Wrecking Crew (Bradley Blaze & Dazzling Dave Diamond) Feb 2017-May 2017

Greg Gauge & Canadian Superstar May 2017-Sept 2017

Robert Oxford & Texas Pete Sept 2017-Feb 2018

Mario Heroic & El Mitico Jr Feb 2018-April 2018

Dallas Wrecking Crew (2) April 2018-Aug 2018

Edward Cornell & Joey Beauchamp Aug 2018-Oct 2018

Art Reed & Logan Wolfsbaine Oct 2018- Dec 2018

Cameron Vessey & Animal Harker (3) Dec 2018-

Wrestlemania 3 was ran and I didn't like the results to be honest. Steamboat vs Savage scored in the 80s. Hulk and Andre was also in the 80s. The only outcome I changed was King Kong Bundy got the win.

I am entertaining the idea of Steamboat feuding with Hercules for the IC Title.

Bob Orton Jr. is going to feud for the World Title with Hulk Hogan.

As for Andre I think I am going to have him be a puppet for the Million Dollar Man. It gives Andre something to do other than go for the World Title.

The Ultimate Warrior and Sting will be teaming up as the Blade Runners and losing to the Hart Foundation and Demolition a lot. I want to make Warrior humble and get them more experience before any major pushes. I am thinking about putting them on Hogan's Survivor Series team possibly though.

Randy Savage is sort of in between World Title and IC Title level right now. Maybe heading into a feud with Roddy Piper. I think this would be a great feud.

Island of Pain 0/0/0/0 out of Hawaii

Current Date: February 2047

Popularity in Hawaii 23%

It has been a serious chore to continue growing...just for the record, but I'm having fun with it at least.

Our current champion is a guy simply called "Vincent" who has been helpful in bringing us what have been literally the best shows in the history of the company. This year's Cage of Pain was rated at 53, the highest ever.

Right now we've been hitting only a mild wall in terms of talent retention. Juan Mendez, who was our previous lord and saviour, got a written deal with OLLIE who was at the time the only "National" or better promotion. We were sad to see him go, but at least we were able to actually take the belt off of him, and as an added bonus we lost his $3.5k per month salary. While losing your most over guy in the company is painful, losing your most expensive guy in the company is a blessing. After Mendez left our next 6 shows actually made money. The last 2, unfortunately, have lost us several hundred each but at least we aren't steadily leaking anymore.

So, as noted, talent retention is becoming a bit of a headache. TCW came in and took a couple of guys with in just enough time to throw a wrench into our show, but thankfully neither of them held gold or had much in the way of push or momentum. We also lost a few guys who were just not interested in losing matches, so boo freaking hoo to that.

The guys I had cited as my "next big things" are indeed that. Bouchard Henry (whose name I totally botched during my last report) and Rick Mustafa are two of my most dependable guys. Another guy who I may not have mentioned yet, Cote Montaine, has been another top guy for us. It's a much welcome change to know that two guys might randomly have a 47-50 rated match on the first half of the card and an even MORE welcome change is seeing a main event regularly in the mid to high 50's. I just hope now that my guys can continue to grow in popularity.

I also wanted to mention Kyle Abbott. This kid is a stud and if he sticks around he will be the most over dude Hawaii has ever seen. He's also in L-Ring, who just recently managed to work their way back into the regional battles (yay, I'm not dead last anymore!)

PWMAX either stepped up their game or stopped running in weak areas. Either way is fine with me as we're consistently gaining popularity even though the market and economy are currently in the midst of a deep down-swing.

I've yet to notice any spillover, and I'm probably a year or two away (at this rate) from getting to regional...so a TV show is pretty much totally out of the question at this point. Either way though, things are certainly looking up. Even though I keep having to refill my undercard it's certainly easier to replace them than my top stars.

I have a good PNW game going on in the 1988 mod, and i play with storylines.

(Note: Damn this one got long... i so grapped by this game and have so many ideas)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my game world WCW withdrew from the NWA (as the titles can be brought) and as they went into decline NWA choose PNW as the main territory, therefore PNW got the right to every NWA title they want to.

Don Owen choose to only bring in the NWA World Heavyweight title and host a tournement for it, participants were Earthquake Ferris, Cocoa Samoa, Ricky Santana, Mike Miller, Top Gun, Brady Boone, Carl Styles and Tatsumi Funjinami (then reigning Northwest Pacific Heavyweight champion) Funjinami went on to defeat Santana in the final to become both NWA and PNW champion.

Two weeks later Don Owen annonce that one can only be NWA or PNW champion, therefore Tatsumi threw down the PNW title and annouced that he would only defend the NWA title agianst japanese wrestler and fought Super Ninja that night. Returning Buddy Rose won the PNW title in the main event.

Next week Don Owen said that if Tatsumi did not wrestle his mystery opponent he would be fired and stripped of the title. The opponent was revealed to be Dory Funk Jr. and they wrestled to a 30 min time limit draw.

Next week Don Owen announces that Tatsumi had been fired due fighting dirty, without honor and disrespecting Dory Funk during their match in which he had injured Funk. Owen also said that as they did not have time to make a whole tournement they had to go a very un-traditional way and make 2 four way matches. The matches consisted of PNW champion Buddy Rose (winner), Ricky Santana, an injured Dory Funk, Col. Debees and the other match had debuting Davey Boy Smith totaly dominating, Earthquake Ferris, The Grappler and Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan. Davey Boy then faced veteran Buddy Rose and suprisingly won his major first single title.

Davey Boy went on to feud with Buddy Rose. Rose wanted the most prestige full title in the wrestling world and had recuited Col. Debees to help with the promise that Debees would get the PNW title if Rose won the NWA one. But Rose plan failed as Ricky Santana won the PNW title from him, and with nothing to motivate him Debees left the side of his old friend and soon the company. Buddy Rose went on to chase Santana for the PNW title motivated by revenge.

Davey went on to help Santana in his feud with Rose, and Rose got many shots at the NWA title but was unsuccessful everytime, but soon a new enemy had arrived in NWA-PNW.

While Davey Boy had helped Santana fight Rose, Dory Funk had his hands full with an very arrogant and ****y Bob Backlund who had made his debut in PNW declaring him as the most succesfull wrestler in the world referring to run as WWF champion, Dory Funk went on to say that Backlund was nothing as he hadn't held the only World title worth fighting for the NWA World Heavyweight title. Backlund eventually defeated Dory Funk in a Loser Leaves The State and therefore Funks time in PNW was history as he could not said his foot in Oregon agian.

Backlund challanged Davey Boy to a match, and infront of 246 on a road show in the state of Arizone he defeated the brit for the title and became one of the few to hold the NWA and WWF title, but his reign would only last a week.

Don Owen had retired half way through 1989 and sold the company to Danny Davis, and in honor of one the greatest promoters ever the Don Owen Invitational Tournement an annual tournement was created. And in the middle of a great tournement featuring great talent from PNW, AWA and USWA Davey Boy and Backlund fought the epic rematch that saw Davey Boy victorious that could celebrate his second title reign and the end of their feud.

The next opponent for Davey Boy was The Grappler. Grappler had defeated Davey Boy's friend Ricky Santana for the PNW title. He had a plan, he wanted to unify the two titles into one, and coming of the win over Backlund Davey Boy was full of confidence and agreed to the match. The first match went to a double countout draw. The next match the two had was in California on a show that was a part of Danny Davis expansion of PNW into the Southwest. The Grappler won the after grapping Davey Boys tights during a roll up and therefore unified the titles into the NWA Unified World Heavyweight title. At the next show in Portland The Grappler went out to the ring to declare himself the champion and explaning to the fans that there was no PNW heavyweight title any more, he then shockingly took of his mask and declared that he was Len Denton, one of the greatest in the world, and that he did not want to be remebered by a stupid mask.

Len Denton was expected to be a champion for a good run, but just one month after he succesfully unified the titles he got legit knocked-out (my way of covering a booking mistake ;)) during a match agianst Davey Boy and therefor Davey Boy could celebrate his 3rd reign as NWA champion, his first as Unified champion.

As 1989 was drawing to a close, so was Davey Boy's contract. PNW and NWA wanted him to continue wrestling for him, but he declared that he thought the promotion was to small for him, and he wanted to wrestle full time for AJPW. So at the first Portland Show of 1990 Davey Boy lost the title back to Len Denton and left the promotion afterwards. The victory messed with Len Denton who declared himself the "king" of wrestling, and he is now going by the name "King" Len Denton and is playing a royalty gimmick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is where i stand by the start of 1990 with the NWA Unified World Heavyweight title, i could do this for every title in the promotion but i don't know if people really want to read this long posts, but hope that the ones who read this enjoyed it :p

I just finished 2010 with WPL, my perf=pop NOTBPW/CGC hybrid. My final event of the year was WPL Resolution, which I took great care to set up well, and it ended up getting card of the year. Here's a brief rundown:

WPL World Heavyweight Championship

Steel Cage Match

Steve DeColt def. Dan Stone Jr. to win the title - 98 rating

This is pretty much the end of their feud. Dan will get a rematch at some point, but he'll lose.

Steve DeColt continues to be the only guy really willing to ever bump for me. He did it three times this year, and hasn't gotten hurt yet. I love this guy.

Ultimate Submission Match

Jeremy Stone def. Johnny Blood - 99 rating

Stone submitted Blood in August to win the Henson Cup, my submission grappling tournament. Blood claimed it was a fluke, and backed it up by submitting Stone in October. That led to the 60-minute ultimate submission match at Resolution, which Stone won. He'll probably move onto a feud with Steve DeColt.

WPL Tag Team Championship

Main Street (Sean McFly & Michael Sabean) def. The Stallions (Steven Parker & Jacob Jett) to retain the titles - 97 rating

The two youngest members of DeColt's Horsemen weren't able to pry away the tag titles. It's kinda funny, because I never really planned on teaming Parker and Jett together, but it just happened because they were the two members of the Horsemen I'd use regularly on my B show, since when they were first starting in the WPL I couldn't use them in a Horsemen angle and a match on my A show without overusing them. Now they're freaking gold. Well, almost gold.

Opening Match of the 2011 Tyro Tournament

Sean Deeley def. Ricky DeColt - 77 rating

The Tyro Tournament is an annual 25-and-under tournament to crown the next big thing. Ricky DeColt won the first won in January of 2010, but won't be winning it again this year. Oh, and now that I think about it, Ricky's now 26. Oops. Oh well, at least he lost this match.

WPL X-Division Championship

Ladder Match

Sammy Bach def. Dark Angel to win the title - 92 rating

Sammy Bach debuted in October as the newest member of Revolution, Emma Chase's stable (along with Main Street). I had to pay through the moon to get him away from TCW (he's the second-highest paid guy on my roster now), so I gave him a huge push right away left any of those other midcarders get any crazy ideas about what they were worth.

Dark Match

20-man Battle Royal

Buddy Garner def. a bunch of dudes.

Add in a bunch of 98-100 angles and over $1.1 million in extras, and the show was rated a 100. That obviously got me card of the year.

Other year end awards:

Wrestler of the Year: Jeremy Stone - Just barely edged out Dan Stone Jr. and Bryan "watch me spam matches against Tommy Cornell" Vessey

Young Wrestler of the Year: Michael Sabean - I assume Wolf turning 24 knocked him out of this award, because he had a much better match history

Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Jere...err, Haruki Kudo. Guess they wouldn't let Stone win both awards.

Female Wrestler of the Year: Fuyuko Higa

Promotion of the Year: SWF (?)

Most Improved Promotion of the Year: TCW

Match of the Year: Dan & Jeremy Stone def. Johnny Blood & Steven Parker - A TV main event ended up winning.

All in all, a great first year.

Lots of pictures. In short:

Bobby Thomas and Nate Johnson are "Gurren Lagaan", my favorite tag team in the game. They've won the tag titles five times, trading with "Bloodstone Tornado" recently. That's not going to happen this time; it'll be more like their second reign of 12 defenses.

Neither has won, until now, the big title. Bobby's already in the Hall, so I wanted to get Nate in there, as well as Dark Angel if I can. Problem is, both need more title victories to get in.

Plan? Summer of Lagaan. And if either of them die I will laugh so hard. Then cry, because they are amazing workers.

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/9/26119411173.jpg

Ending April on a high note, with likely card of the year.

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/9/26119420967.jpg

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/9/26119424559.jpg

100 popularity in Canada is going to happen for both in a week. 100 momentum?

Oh hell yeah, it's time to kill.

Bah, I should've taken a screenshot...

But APWF has just put on its best match ever! A 96 rated battle between reigning APWF champion The Brooklyn Punk and recently debuted leader of the invading AAFW faction, Dick The Devastator, which ended in a double DQ as both men ended up brawling across the arena. Gotta say, I wonder what I could net in that company if I actually finally gave Luis Montero the push he probably deserves. Hey, I had to choose between Bill Popinowski and his glorious Soviet antics and muscles as wide as Siberia itself and Luis Montero and his peerless talent. I totally made the right choice.

And, in all fairness, Bill Popinowski is on APWF's Top Ten best matches list twice... #3 overall being a singles match at that!

Still, The Brooklyn Punk is sort of the "other" guy in Terry Lambert's group of folks who get pushed due to their friendship with him. Gotta say, I was really worried his title run (cause c'mon, I have to give the belt to all of Terry's buddies at some point!) was gonna be a downer... glad to see him proove me wrong. Look forward to the rematch between The Brooklyn Punk (no relation to CM Punk, sadly) and Dick The Devastator... thinking in a Brooklyn Streetfight to let them take better advantage of their both respectable (and in Dick's case, peerless) hardcore skills. Nothin' like a bloody, arena-sprawling brawl to get that Pittsburgh crowd going.

How the hell do you get a 98 when you burn out the crowd?

I've seen the crowd be BOTH burned out AND hot at the same time. That, and it's NOTBPW: it's the most silly product ever if you have talented workers for putting on insanely good matches (he didn't even use the most crazy of workers they have, either, to do it). Get a couple of talented guys together, get them super over, and then let them battle for some ungodly amount of time=win with NOTBPW (though at the cost of your soul, that I cannot stress enough).

But yeah, look at their pop and momentum, combined with their talent and the poduct their working in: you're taking a small penalty to a massively high rating. It's like throwing a lawn chair off the Queen Mary.

Archived