What's going on in your game?

Playing TCW, I just held Total Mayhem 2010 (I forget the number) and found that for my next show, I couldn't afford most arenas. Apparently I'd been losing money every month since hitting International in mid April, since my sponsorship roughly doubled but my production costs roughly tripled. Upon further investigation, I learned I hadn't been running house shows and am now slowly working to correct my financial hardship. :(

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My annual (eighteen-monthly, apparently) post/plug in here...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/MrEricTyler.jpg

Under Control Preview

This is Under Control, the SWF’s annual fan-controlled. Opponents and stipulations are up to you – we’ve set things up, and we’re trusting you to produce a knockdown show.

SWF World Title

The World title is on the line as Tom Gilmore enters the show blind – he could face anyone of three challengers, all of whom have been picked because I believe they’ll be worthy challengers, and worthy champions too. None of them will be an easy ask for our Marathon Man, and they’re three very different styles of fighter as well. Gilmore might think he knows who’s going to get the most votes, but if he prepares for one candidate above the others you might surprise him. Can he risk that? Or should he

Your choice:

a) ‘Showtime’ Jack Bruce

b) ‘Dark Destroyer’ Steve Frehley

c) SWF Shooting Star champion Matthew Gauge

Greed vs. Giedroyc

When your choices are burning, bars or battering into submission then you know things have come to a head. John Greed and Jack Giedroyc have been banging heads since I started here, and even if they’ve only
fought
a couple of times, that doesn’t mean they hate each other any the less.

If I’m honest, I wouldn’t have let them choose an Inferno match as one of the options, but Nemesis had his say there. I’m hoping you don’t pick it – I don’t want either or both of these men to risk permanent injury... but it’s your call.

Your choice:

a) Cage

b) I Quit

c) Inferno

SWF Chaos Title

The Inner Circle have a lot of people angry at them right now, and for a while there I thought damn near
everyone
was going to want a piece of them this Thursday. We narrowed it down to six – not that I suspect this will solve all that much. Whichever pair gets the most votes will go into the match. That could be two people who’ve never fought together before – which could be bad for them, or could throw Eric Eisen and Marat Khoklov for a loop. That’s what the Chaos title is meant to be about: Any match, any time. You’ll see more of that as we go, but for now the champions have got to find a way to prepare for six opponents – and whatever concoctions they may come up with between them.

Your choice:

a) ‘American Tiger’ Sean McFly

b) Joey DeColt

c) Gregory Black

d) ‘Mainstream’ James Hernandez

e) Rocky Golden

f) ‘Black Cobra' Duane Stone

...The Win

Swoop McCarthy cheated, Antonio Maxi Marquez cheated, Greg Gauge... won cleanly. When Christian Faith was looking for an opponent, he had to know that some members of Generation Supreme was going to do damn near anything to get that match. Getting... The Win has become as important to some of our young talent as getting a title. It means instant credibility, a reputation boost in a business where sometimes your rep is all you have to trade on. Beating Christian Faith could make a young wrestler’s career, especially because everyone knows that no matter how much you cheat, you still need real talent to take down the Supreme Legend.

Your choice:

a) Greg Gauge

b) Swoop McCarthy

c) ‘Champagne Lover’ Antonio Maxi Marquez

SWF North American Title

I encouraged Chris Morrisette to ditch the lobster costume. There’s a time and a place for gimmicks like that – or, should I say, there’s a sort of wrestler who needs to wear that kind of costume. Chris ain’t that kind of wrestler. Too good in the ring, and with a bit of encouragement he’s more comfortable expressing himself on the microphone as well. He doesn’t need to put on the mask and claws to stand out. He can do that all by himself. The problem is, when you stand out like Chris does, people take notice, take aim, and try and take you down. This month he’s got three challengers gunning for him and the North American title. He won’t know who gets the shot until bell time – whether it’s the cocky young punk Jay Chord, the thoroughbred KC Glenn, or the veteran technical standout Steve Flash. That’s a lot for him to cope with, and like Gilmore he needs to be ready for any of the challengers – even if he might feel that one of them has done enough to win the ballot already...

Your choice:

a) ‘Choice of a New Generation’ Jay Chord

b) Steve ‘Wrestling’ Flash

c) KC Glenn

SWF Vixxens Title

What do you do when you win and win and win, and suddenly no-one’s left to stand up to you? If you’re Cherry Bomb, you might say you’ve proven your point. In this company, though, there’s always a new challenge ahead. Bomb might be able to take on one challenger and win. She might be able to take on four challengers at once by playing them against each other. This is something different, though – the women on this ballot know they could be facing Bomb, but the champion has to contend with the uncertainty. If she can overcome that, no-one’s going to be able to say she can’t back up her words. It probably won’t stop them challenging her, though.

Your choice:

a) Sara Marie York

b) Tamara McFly

c) ‘Queen of Wrestling’ Lauren Easter

Revenge of the Misted

William Hayes has shown a real talent for upsetting people lately. Having been there and done that myself, I respect that in a wrestler. Still, the time always comes to pay the piper, and for Hayes one of the men he’s angered in recent weeks
will
be standing across the ring from him on Thursday night. With all three men having been misted – and Deeley having been sidelined for weeks as a result – all of them want revenge. Hayes talks about respect, and about the ‘right way’ of doing things. Well, the only ‘right way’ I know in wrestling is being able to outfight your opponent. Pissing him off beforehand, like Hayes has done with Rick Law, Sean Deeley, and John Maverick, isn’t usually the best first step.

Your choice:

a) Rick Law

b) Sean Deeley

c) John Maverick

Vengeance Strikes Back

Vengeance has been stuck in a rut recently, and that prompted him to throw out an open challenge. I wonder if he’d have accepted if he knew who might be standing across the ring from him? Four of the best young talents in the business have put their name down to fight the Harbinger, and Generation Supreme could get a big boost if one of them could get the win.

Your choice:

a) ‘The Triple Threat’ Davis Wayne Newton

b) ‘Double A’ Aaron Andrews

c) ’24 Hour Party Animal’ Edd Stone

d) Valiant

SWF World Tag Team Titles

Finally, the tag titles will be on the line. The Triumphant Wolfsons have been working hard in recent weeks, clearing the backlog of challengers that built up while they were dealing with the Wall of Muscle. One challenger remains – Spencer Spade, who’s taken an unorthodox route to a title shot and who claims to have a mystery partner to back him up. I
unorthodox, but Spade’s going to have to give the performance of a lifetime to have any chance of beating the champions – especially as they got to choose all their stipulations.

Your choice:

a) Tornado match

b) Tables match

c) Ladder match

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SWF/_SWF_UnderControl.jpg

Regal is still my champion but he has just created his fourth backstage incident. The thing is that he is not a negative influence and everytime I tell him off I get a + morale thing.

I'm not sure what to do. I gave him a final warning last time so I think I will have him drop the belt and de-push him. I need to fire him when he next plays up really.

Regal is still my champion but he has just created his fourth backstage incident. The thing is that he is not a negative influence and everytime I tell him off I get a + morale thing.

I'm not sure what to do. I gave him a final warning last time so I think I will have him drop the belt and de-push him. I need to fire him when he next plays up really.

I wonder if it has to do with his respect. Maybe because he is young and has low respect the other workers are mad that he is champ. It may be best to depush him some.

So I lost Mike Awesome to WCW just as I was about to try to give him a push. Also lost Super Crazy due to owner restrictions (charisma in this case). I hired Maxx Justice and going to try to sign a hoss named Ulf Herman as my resident killer giant.

Meanwhile WWF is trying dirty trick after dirty trick to discredit both JCP (which is hanging by a thread) and WCW. Nothing is working.

JCP are so desperate they are making Dusty Rhodes vs Ric Flair their go-to Main Event. Dusty (NWA champ) always wins.

Meanwhile, King of the Ring 1989 is... Roddy Piper!

EDIT- Aaaand JCP is dead.

By my "Outlaw" rule I've lost Shane Ballard, Tazmaniac, and Norman Smiley (Shane to Stampede, the others to AWA). Smiley was a big loss as he was one of my best and I was going to push Tazmaniac (had him win a lethal lottery tournament with Ulf Herman even). I've got Charlie Wright and Jerry Sags, looking to get Brian Knobbs to bring TEH NASTY BOYZ~! to my tag team ranks.

Meanwhile Ulf Herman is being pushed as the "unrecognized" European Champion, which he brought in to prove European supremacy over Americans. I'm trying to get him over to make him a rival for Steven Regal (heel/face doesn't really exist in my promotion).

WCW has a new champion (Jimmy Snuka) and has Monday Night Nitro... airing on Sunday, wtf?!

Flair signed for All-Japan following the death of JCP. Dusty Rhodes meanwhile is unemployed. Tempted to try hiring him for the sole purpose of being squashed by Regal...

EDIT- If I accomplish this, I'm nixing part of my Outlaw rule, so I only fire people if they sign for AWA, WCW, or WWF.

Nice. I'm doing a wrestling-as-sport promotion with emphasis on hard hitting brawlers, so face/heel doesn't matter.
Any chance you might post the product style you're using? I was about to play a Golden Age game, starting my own promotion but really can't decide what kind of promotion I'm going to run.

I am one show from regional after five years. Danny Collins, Johnny Kidd, Dave Taylor and Brian Adams are my big stars. Collins v Kidd got me a 70 rating last time out.

Once I hit regional I am going to get some tag teams going and maybe bring in Giant Haystacks for a few shows :)

Sgt Slaughter is the WWF champion after beating Roddy Piper. Hogan hasn't held the title since he lost in Oct 87

WCW look about a year or so away from National. Bret Hart is the champ and put on a 98 with Bobby Eaton at Spring Stampede.

Aaah the fun of nocontract CVerse games, with gems such as Nobuatso Tatsuko being the owner/booker of TCW, USPW having half/decent shows, SWF being able to put on Tommy Cornell, Tom Gilmore, Christian Faith, Rich Money and Jack Bruce in any combination to make a main event and BHOTWG's UTTER DOMINATION: Main event of Bryan Vessey, Kozue Kawashima, Shuji Inukai, Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada and Yoshimi Mushashibo.

In other news, my 'random gens only' sim is now at 2051, and seemingly getting into another amazing few years like 2027-2036 was.

Any chance you might post the product style you're using? I was about to play a Golden Age game, starting my own promotion but really can't decide what kind of promotion I'm going to run.

Traditional and Realism Key

Pure Heavy

Comedy Medium (done solely to make sponsorship better)

Hardcore Low

Cult and Modern very low

Perf > Pop, fans don't care about gimmicks, 60/40 Intensity/Danger.

So Steven Regal signed with AWA, so I had to make him drop the OWF Heavyweight Title to Ulf Herman.

But Ulf will be a transitional champ because I got STEVE AUSTIN.

Meanwhile, Barry Windham is WCW champ, Greg Gagne is AWA champ, Dusty signed for WWF, and the 1989 Wrestler of the Year is the Macho Man.

Also Road Warrior Animal and Tiger Mask II are a tag team now... wtf.

Trying to get back into my WWE 2008 game, and Matt Hardy, and Mark Henry actually put up a 74 rating, I believe that is Mark Henry's highest.. Sooo proud of him.. Even though he lost, and didn't no sell this time.

I believe in my SWF/TCW/USPW game, Steve Frehley is to be my North American Champion soon, as Brandon James really needs to be in the Main Event, I believe I push my champions too much once they have the title, because by the end of their reign they are ready to go to the next level, but then again.. That could actually be the way it's suppose to be.

I decided to start a new CV game where Sean McFly divorces from Victoria, is cast out of NOTBPW, picking up hatred from the entire family, and loses popularity (down to 40) after gossip sites post incriminating evidence.

So, he starts up a promotion in the Mid South (WPL) that my UC becomes head booker for.

So what is going on in your game? What rules did he impose on you? What size promotion is it? Who works for you? Give us more info because this sounds like it could be good.

My WWE 2010 game

I am currently working on building three workers into possibly future main eventers. Each is off doing their own things, each with a different gimmick and I consider each a project of mine.

Joseph Hennig(Michael McGillicutty)- He is under a second generation gimmick and is a wrestler who follows a code of honor. As of now he's teaming up with Gregory Helms to gain some experience.

Colton Scott(Brent Albright)- He has debuted as a guy who refuses to be interviewed and is hellbent on hurting anyone he sets his eyes on, he's a loose gun type character and is usually seen calm and subdued but can snap at any moment with a fury that damages anything in his path.

Tomko- Tomko has been hyped for weeks as returning, when he finally got back in the WWE ring he helped the straight edge society(Punk,Gallows and Tarver) attack Kane and Undertaker. He is going to me part of the Brutal Alliance(Nexus and SES made a pact to not only not attack each other, but to help each other whenever a opportunity arrises, Nexus runs Raw while SES runs Smackdown and have control of the TWO Heavyweight titles, held by Wade Barett and Cm Punk) vs Team WWE match at survivor series.

So what is going on in your game? What rules did he impose on you? What size promotion is it? Who works for you? Give us more info because this sounds like it could be good.

I haven't been able to touch it since I started it. I haven't hired anyone yet. It's the Wrestling Premier League from the database. It's almost as soulless as up NOTB, but it has that Texas "WCCW" vibe when I think about it. I'm going to build a home arena just north of DFW airport for ease of travel.

The product is Classic Wrestling, with faces and heels but no gimmicks needed and no managers or personalities (but Dharma Gregg still needs to get out of BSC). The idea was to see McFly build this bastard up to rival NOTBPW one day, or kill himself doing it.

I can work on some headcanon to maybe figure out why Sean was cheating on Victoria. Maybe I can go back and throw in one of the women from the NOTBPW women's division and have her follow Sean to the company to head up the women's division.

The rules are, so far, that we need to retain popularity in our regional fed. It starts at 35 in the Mid South. I cannot hire those with less then 35 in selling, athletic ability, and resilience. I'm tempted to restart this thing and give Sean a slight drinking problem and/or a dip in his personality to see if he gives me more difficult goals. I don't need him burying me if I reprimand him, though.

As for why I thought of doing this...Sean just seems to be stuck in the background over there. For how amazing he is, he shouldn't be stuck as the fourth or fifth option in a company. So, I needed a reason for him to leave NOTBPW, never return, take a popularity hit, and open a smaller company in relative obscurity once the talk show circuit had their fun with him.

"Apparently, the DeLorean Driver isn't just a wrestling move, folks!"

"Sean McFly is known is the youngest wrestling world champion in history. And now, he's the only man to ever be kicked out of Canada."

Ahem.

Then, kick the door open again by being the most hated heel in wrestling history. Yes, I flipped his alignment scores.

I've never done a diary, but this is a story that would be fun to write about...or even read if someone wants to do something like it.

Also, WPL is nice to run because Generic World Title #6 matches the company logo.

Archived