What's going on in your game?

Well, the simple answer is because it's a game and I can make them be. But the way I was looking at it is I was catering to the club regulars by giving them characters similar to themselves to root for. Both men have high gimmick ratings. Valentine's is a B- and Ben Williams has an A for his take on it. So I like to think that's worked for me.

Perfect answer, haha. I'd look at it the opposite, but that's just me, if I was a minority, and had pro wrestlers doing a gimmick based on said minority, I'd feel like they were mocking me, lol. But it's your game, and you play to have fun, so :)

Hmm, Masked Patriot just had his SWF contract end, I have Bulldozer Brandon Smith as the American Patriot, and also have Captain USA as my Colour commentator....

I wonder if I should make them a tag team, I've been having Larry Wood and my user character, both Canadian feuding with American Patriot, going as far as having Larry Wood and my user character double team American Patriot in what was supposed to be a three-way World title no.1 contendership match. Larry Wood dominated, and my user char got the pin.

I just noticed one of my referees was Canadian, too. I can do a whole Canada vs USA storyline. Have the referee screw American Patriot and Masked Patriot out of a tag titles no.1 contenders match.

Hmm, maybe I should hire Canadian Dragon, and have American Patriot and Masked Patriot be triple teamed for months. Then have Captain USA, my colour commentator get fed up, and come out of retirement for one more match. A 3-on-3 tag, where team USA wins. :cool:

It'd be the opposite, Canada the faces and USA the heels, if I was based out of BC and not North USA. ;)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Mexican game's still going strong although haven't had a chance to play much this week so only in December 1999. The big upcoming stars are J-Ro - who's in there fighting against the men and has jobbed her way up to the main event where she's finally getting some win - and Swarm, who after originally being in a tag team with someone I can't even remember has become a massive breakout star, finally ending Masked Rebel's near 3 year unbeaten run. Not far off cult at the moment!

I'm planing my 32-man main event tournement of the year, deticated to Karl Anderson, who died 1 week after partisipating in my King of Trios 2008, so 3 years later, we are forming up a 32 man tournement

"The Karl Anderson Memorial Cup 2011"

32 men,

3 nights

1 PPV

5 Champions

1 Ring

31 losers

1 Winner

Guys, need some help, what layout should i use?

4-ways?

singles?

tags? xD

eliminators(Young Lions Cup)

do i maybe need 4 nights or more?

I'm planing my 32-man main event tournement of the year, deticated to Karl Anderson, who died 1 week after partisipating in my King of Trios 2008, so 3 years later, we are forming up a 32 man tournement

32 men,

3 nights

1 PPV

5 Champions

1 Ring

31 losers

1 Winner

4-ways?

singles?

tags? xD

Why not do Elimination, Round 1 is Tag Team matches, "randomized" if you run storylines, you could add to the feuds by getting enemies paired with eachother, and either having to put aside differences or their hatred for eachother ultimately causing them both to be eliminated, plus it's a great way to maybe discover good chemistry for partners, or in the unfortunate event, bad chemistry....

Then you can have the winning teams face eachother in Round 2, with the losing teams hitting the road.

Have it continue as a normal elimination tournament. Let's just pretend that the first row always wins (Just easier to organize I guess.), I'm bad at making tournaments, so if I did anything wrong, let me know, lol....

ROUND 1

1&2 vs 3&4

5&6 vs 7&8

9&10 vs 11&12

13&14 vs 15&16

17&18 vs 19&20

21&22 vs 23&24

25&26 vs 27&28

29&30 vs 31&32

ROUND 2

1 vs 2

5 vs 6

9 vs 10

13 vs 14

17 vs 18

21 vs 22

25 vs 26

29 vs 30

QUARTER-FINALS

1 vs 5

9 vs 13

17 vs 21

25 vs 29

SEMI-FINALS

1 vs 9

17 vs 25

FINALS

1 vs 17

Did I do it right? :o

Perfect answer, haha. I'd look at it the opposite, but that's just me, if I was a minority, and had pro wrestlers doing a gimmick based on said minority, I'd feel like they were mocking me, lol. But it's your game, and you play to have fun, so :)

I can certainly see where you're coming from here. And I wouldn't be surprised if they were some controversy in the C-Verse Northwest about my little promotion. But the way I figure it, a charter fan of my promotion is probably going to have a really liassez faire attitude toward homosexuality if they were willing to watch a promotion that performs in a gay bar. Look at the stereotypical fan and signs like "Shawn Michaels is gay" and how gay gimmicks generally tend to draw heel heat. I can't imagine guys like Valentine and Williams being played sympathetically would offend the fictional club regulars half as much as that stuff would.

Not that any of it matters at the end of the day of course. :)

I can certainly see where you're coming from here. And I wouldn't be surprised if they were some controversy in the C-Verse Northwest about my little promotion. But the way I figure it, a charter fan of my promotion is probably going to have a really liassez faire attitude toward homosexuality if they were willing to watch a promotion that performs in a gay bar. Look at the stereotypical fan and signs like "Shawn Michaels is gay" and how gay gimmicks generally tend to draw heel heat. I can't imagine guys like Valentine and Williams being played sympathetically would offend the fictional club regulars half as much as that stuff would.

Not that any of it matters at the end of the day of course. :)

True. I wonder if there is enough gay and bisexual workers to make a roster of, and just run shows out of Club X for your entire existence, lol... :p

You should make a tag team that is made up of actual gay wrestlers, to play heel homophobic characters, for laughs of course.

Thats a pretty cool idea. In a kayfabe sence to win this tournament you would have to be an all around wrestler. You would have to be good in tag team matches and as a singles competitor.

I like it!

Yeah, I like the idea myself, it could get even more interesting if say... your tag team champions end up on opposite teams against eachother. And your World Champion and/or secondary champion end up in a team with their number one contenders. The possibilities are really good for sparking feuds, hell even the basic Face/Heel end up teamed, they lose and the Heel blames Face, instant feud.

32 men,

3 nights

1 PPV

5 Champions

1 Ring

31 losers

1 Winner

4-ways?

singles?

tags? xD

I like tag team tournaments, just because it adds more possible storylines and drama. So I would probably do a 16-team tournament with a large prize -but with two major rules. One is that no team can have won a tag team title together and the second is the winning team will split the money... unless they choose to face each other and the winner takes it all. So what you get is some good mid-level teams and probably some random pairings. You can have have regular quality teams disguising themselves in masks to get in as a team. Plus the whole thing has the drama of not only who will win, but whether there is one more match at the end.

In my WCW game I have 3 developement feds. Well 2 now but I cut ties with APW as a developement fed. I also have an overbloated roster. So I am going to be releasing people but the only problem with that is that I have ideas for how I want to use everyone. I hate having to choose a loser in a match haha.

So what I am doing currently is trying to get some peoples momentum up and just job out other people that I don't have long term goals for. Once their momentum dips below 25% I am cutting those guys.

How do you guys keep from hiring everyone you like?

More from my real world game :cool:

WWE now has four shows (RAW, Divas, SD! and Minor League Wrestling)

On Divas, Beth Phoenix won the Women's Championship (Unified with the Diva's) in a three way with Layla and Gail Kim. Gail Kim took offense to her not being pinned and will get a rematch.

On MLW Shad and Alex Riley had a little feud for the MLW Title, with Riley coming out on top. Now Riley is looking at the next contender, Wild Percy Watson. The MLW Tag Team belongs to the East-West Warriors (Yoshi Tatsu and Ray Gordy). They are feuding with TexMex (Lance Cade and Alberto Del Rio). Finally Super Crazy is trying to recruit Kaval to be on his tag team...violently.

Over on RAW Night of Champions saw two title changes. The Miz lost his US Championship to Daniel Bryan, but later cashed in his Money in the Bank title shot after Sheamus survived the six man match and beat his to become champ. John Morrison had an eventful month as well, defeating and sending Chris Jericho packing from RAW. Then he turned on R-Truth to collect a ransom put on his head by Edge. The last RAW of September ended with a BANG as Barrett and Nexus challenged Cena to a match where if he lost he would join Nexus, but if Nexus lost they would disband. Cena accepted, Nexus ambushed Cena, but out came new RAW superstar CM Punk to save Cena!

Smackdown was the talk of the WWE. The new team of MVP and JTG (named the Ballers) won the World Tag Team Championships from the Nexus pair of Tarver and Otunga (also known as A.K.O.). Intelligently, A.K.O. did not put BOTH sets of titles on the line, so only the World Tag Team Championships came to SD! with the Ballers. Mat Hardy and Vince McMahon had a huge feud leading to a bloody final match won by Vince with help by Drew McIntyre. In the world title match both Kofi Kingston and Drew McIntyre proved they belonged with Undertaker and Kane, but it was Kane who retained.

Hell in a Cell Preview

Edge vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth

John Cena vs. Wade Barrett

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

Kofi Kingston vs. Drew McIntyre

A.K.O. vs. The Hart Dynasty

Ballers vs. Beauty and the Beast (Cody Rhodes and Luke Gallows)

CM Punk vs. The Miz

Kane vs. The Undertaker

TNA

TNA was gearing up for Bound For Glory, but first came No Surrender. RVD was stripped of his title as he recovered from Abyss' heinous assault. Hogan, Hernendez and Jarrett vowed revenge, but it was Abyss who came out on top (along with Nash and Sting). Abyss sent his message home by destroying the legend Hogan in the ring. The Motor City Machine Guns defended against the World's Best Tag Team in a match that stole the show. The new group of the Stylers fell apart as Beer Money quit after there victory over Sabu and Dreamer, and Matt Morgan and AJ Styles had a falling out after Morgan beat Styles in a four way match to name #1 contender to the TV Title. Brian Kendrick defended said TV title ... sort of ... against Raven. He won in mere minutes thanks to Raven flunkey Paul London attacking him, causing a DQ.Gregory Helms won the X Division title and promised to hold it for a year. In the Main Event Jeff Hardy defeated Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson for the title, in what some considered a quick-ish count. All three showed great sportsmanship, celebrating together for the fans to end the Pay Per View.

TNA Bound For Glory Preview

Beer Money vs. Motor City Machine Guns © vs. World's Best Tag Team

Brian Kendrick © vs. Matt Morgan

Tommy Dreamer and Sabu vs. Raven and Paul London

Gregory Helms © vs. Carlos Calon Jr.

AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe

D'Angelo Dinero, Kevin Nash and Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett, Hernendez and Hulk Hogan.

Abyss vs. Rob Van Dam special referee Mick Foley

Jeff Hardy © vs. Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson

October is going to be a huge month. :cool:

ROUND 1

1&2 vs 3&4

5&6 vs 7&8

9&10 vs 11&12

13&14 vs 15&16

17&18 vs 19&20

21&22 vs 23&24

25&26 vs 27&28

29&30 vs 31&32

ROUND 2

1 vs 2

5 vs 6

9 vs 10

13 vs 14

17 vs 18

21 vs 22

25 vs 26

29 vs 30

QUARTER-FINALS

1 vs 5

9 vs 13

17 vs 21

25 vs 29

SEMI-FINALS

1 vs 9

17 vs 25

FINALS

1 vs 17

Nice idea. What about replacing the QFs with another tag round? So it goes:

QUARTER-FINALS

1&5 vs 9&13

17&21 vs 25&29

SEMIFINALS

1 vs 5

17 vs 21

FINAL

1 vs 17

Two major rules. One is that no team can have won a tag team title together and the second is the winning team will split the money... unless they choose to face each other and the winner takes it all.

Great idea. Consider it thieved :rolleyes:

-In my WWE game I was able to sign The Rock for 10 months, probably his final run in wrestling. I'm obviously going to book Rock/Cena the dream match at Wrestlemania 27 but that's still a few months away.

-I've taken all the tag teams and put them on Smackdown! while all the Divas are on RAW, since I'm trying to make the brands actually different, each show needs something unique. Now, RAW has the women exclusively along with the Women's title while Smackdown! has the tag team division and the WWE Tag Team Championship.

-Nexus continues to bully Cena around, this will lead to a Cena/Barrett match where John Cena must win to get his freedom from Nexus. A few months later, I plan on turning him heel by having him attack Rock, setting up the huge dream match at Wrestlemania.

-I signed Paul Heyman to be GM of RAW, the story being that Mr. McMahon wanted someone who could control the crazy landscape due to Nexus running wild.

My champs:

WWE Champion: Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Champion: Edge

WWE Tag Team Champions: The Gatecrashers (Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer)

WWE Intercontinental Champion: Alberto Del Rio

WWE US Champion: Daniel Bryan

WWE Women's Champion: Melina

Just my honest opinion but I find it pointless when people play as WWE in 2010 and do almost the exact same feuds and stuff as they do on TV. I thought the point of the game was to do things differently and your way.

The Only feud i have that's the same as WWE is my Undertaker v Kane Feud, but i started mine 2 months before the real feud even occurred.

On Topic, like I said previously, I imported WCW, and i raised TNA and ROH funds and popularity a bit so there's more competition for me.

A few weeks after doing so and both TNA and ROH have been expanding there roster and battling it out for free workers and tieing up there PPA contracted guys to written contracts

now WCW have no owner or Head booker and no workers but they have 40 million, it's going to be interesting to see who they slot in as owner or head booker and who they get it to work for them. It's going to be tough for them as most of the workers are being snapped up by TNA and ROH.

Once they appoint a head booker and start hiring talent i'm going to alter the age and some stats of people like Lex lugar, Sid vicious, Vadar, Scott and rick Steiner so WCW have a chance of signing some big names to keep them afloat.

Just my honest opinion but I find it pointless when people play as WWE in 2010 and do almost the exact same feuds and stuff as they do on TV. I thought the point of the game was to do things differently and your way.

The Only feud i have that's the same as WWE is my Undertaker v Kane Feud, but i started mine 2 months before the real feud even occurred.

On Topic, like I said previously, I imported WCW, and i raised TNA and ROH funds and popularity a bit so there's more competition for me.

A few weeks after doing so and both TNA and ROH have been expanding there roster and battling it out for free workers and tieing up there PPA contracted guys to written contracts

now WCW have no owner or Head booker and no workers but they have 40 million, it's going to be interesting to see who they slot in as owner or head booker and who they get it to work for them. It's going to be tough for them as most of the workers are being snapped up by TNA and ROH.

Once they appoint a head booker and start hiring talent i'm going to alter the age and some stats of people like Lex lugar, Sid vicious, Vadar, Scott and rick Steiner so WCW have a chance of signing some big names to keep them afloat.

I dunno about you, but when I start a WWE game, I continue the current storylines before moving to my own, it doesn't make sense to all of a sudden drop storylines, lol.

Nice idea. What about replacing the QFs with another tag round? So it goes:

QUARTER-FINALS

1&5 vs 9&13

17&21 vs 25&29

SEMIFINALS

1 vs 5

17 vs 21

FINAL

1 vs 17

That's even more interesting. :)

Why change their age? I say let it be and see who WCW makes into their stars.

point of it is to give the WCW a fair shot.

as at the moment TNA and ROH have secured %95 of the talented workers that were left after I signed who i wanted.

At the moment it looks like WCW will fail badly with who they have left to sign.

Yep i like to start a fresh, I drop all the current story lines and start my own as I change who I have on the brands and stuff like that.

If I didn't then people like Ted Dibiase and Christian wouldn't of got World title reigns and i wouldnt have 2 new stars :p

as at the moment TNA and ROH have secured %95 of the talented workers that were left after I signed who i wanted.

At the moment it looks like WCW will fail badly with who they have left to sign.

Yep i like to start a fresh, I drop all the current story lines and start my own as I change who I have on the brands and stuff like that.

If I didn't then people like Ted Dibiase and Christian wouldn't of got World title reigns and i wouldnt have 2 new stars :p

If they have $40,000,000.00 then I don't think they will fail. Financially they will be very successful. New stars will rise up the ranks fairly quickly and they will be stealing talent very soon.

Sure you would, it only takes 1-2 months to resolve the existing storylines. You could just easily have DiBiase or Christian win the Royal Rumble to start their push.

After you resolve their existing stories, just move on to pushing them hard. It's your game though, just pointing out how's it is possible, but if you have more fun doing it your way, it's entirely your choice.

If I'm gonna start all new storylines, I just start a promotion of my own with a dream roster, and just run one brand and have two TV shows top, one A and one B, and then run a PPV each month, atleast to start. I don't really like having a huge roster with multiple brands, but I do have *a lot* of people in development, and when enough are ready, I then get a 'B' Show and make the new up and comers their own brand, and I can do what I want, cause 'B' Shows are like that. :)

If they have $40,000,000.00 then I don't think they will fail. Financially they will be very successful. New stars will rise up the ranks fairly quickly and they will be stealing talent very soon.

What's more likely to happen is their shows would suck, and they will quickly fall to Cult, and be an extremely rich cult promotion, but cult nonetheless.

Well, I just had quite the card in the IWL. The way our storylines fell, 16 of my 18 man regular roster had to go toward a an eight man tag and a four way for my tag titles with The British bothers ended up surviving. So I had to use working agreements to do a lot of wheeling and dealing to get talent to fill up the rest of match time. So much so I can't remember who I promised where to post here.

Coming in special for the card were

Frankie Boy Fernandes (CZCW)

Heavy Metal Anarchy (MPWF)

Dragon Americano (OLLIE)

Hurnacan Sandoval JR (OLLIE)

Mazakazu Kaima (Hinote)

The Horror Show (ZEN)

Torajiro Sekozawa (SAISHO)

Fernandes and HMA being the only one show shots did double duty. FIrst in a dark match with new signees Panda Mask 2 and Josh Jones. (no chem for Panda and Jones, BTW) Then on the main show Fernandez jobbed to Sekozawa and HMA faced off with Kaima. While the Horror Show faced off with Dragon and Sandoval. None of the matches lived up to my regulars due to lack of heat but Sandoval and his extreme negative influence is the only one I'm anxious to be done with.

For everyone's second appearances The Horror Show will get a tag title shot. And Team OLLIE might too. Although I don't know if I really want to honor Sandoval that way. Sekozawa and Kaima may get one as well since they'd never be together in Japan.

Cheetah Boy is out the door in eight days and I did an injury angle with him so he's a lame duck. Hartley Valentine's expiring in a couple months and become an overness sieve so he's out the door next. Don't need to cater to Club X anymore so it's time for him to fade into IWL lore.

I have Knyazev and Blut doing The Dirtiest Player from DOTT and then a custom written tainted title story. So Blut's going to learn just how hard it is to be champion. And that second story will get Bob Shrunkle back in the mix as well

Going to need a new storyline for Brother Haruhiro (Tsumemasa) and (Sozen)Ishino Mori now that they've "destroyed" Cheetah Boy. Was disappointed Panda2 and Jones lacked team chem because that could have been a good springboard for them.

Oh and forgot to mention last time that 21CW went out of business at the begining of April. So I have two new interviewers, Kathleen Lee and Phoebe Plumridge. Lee talks to the heels and Plumridge gets the faces.

With all these talent trades to work the second show off of and an overlooked Nariaki Hitomi to work into the mix while he's on trade as well, this could be an expensive stretch for me. All the extra talent cost me to lose 926 bucks this month. But as long as none of my trade partners don't make any sudden schedule shifts, I shouldn't have any talent gaps and should be able to survive well enough.

Great idea. Consider it thieved :rolleyes:

I threw it out there in case someone might make use of it. I'm of the opinion that any tournament is going to be helped by the more potential drama you can add. Maybe not so much if its a super-serious tournament, like the PGHW Elite Series or the Stone's Ed Henson... but even the big tournaments in Japan still often have storylines (potential challenger pinning the champion to earn an eventual title shot, etc). When you have the ability to play with the format and rules, you have even more leeway to add potential drama. The key, however, is the word potential. I don't think you want to have all the potential drama play out - that could take too much away from the actual wrestling. But by having 4 or 5 potential situations (turns, swerves, reveals, betrayals, whatever), there is just as much drama created for the fans by the question of which of them will play out...

Karl Anderson Memorial Cup 2011

«When you get an oppertunity this big, whatever the odds are, no matter hos imposible, how hard there is one thing to do...»

In december 2008, 1PW held their annual tournament, the biggest in the industry today. 2008 King of Trios startet with the team of Karl Anderson, Kenny King and Kenny Omega in the first round versus Jay & Mark Brisco with Matt “Sydal” Brisco. Anderson showed that night that he desserved to be in the ring with his opponents, he even got met by a “please come back” chant when he lost.

His pre-match promo was something speasial. Emotional is the only word to describe it.

He proved he could belong.

1 month later, the wrestling world got shocked, as Anderson died in a tragic car accident.

“.....reach out for it.”

-Karl Anderson, King of Trios 2008

Qualifying rounds: Tag Rules:

Partisipants will be teamed up in pairs, foriming tag teams. They will not only have to take care of themselves, but a partner. To balance this, all first round tag rules will be elimination, so no worker loses unpinned. 16 teams will batlle, 8 winners will advance to roung 2.

Round 2: 4-Way Elimination

The second round will see the teams “split up”, 2 and 2 teams will battle all against eachother in a 4-way elimination match, where the soul survivor wins. This is a regular wrestling match, so workers have to tag in and out, dq's countouts and such also result in elimination. There will be 4-4ways, resulting in 4 men movin on the round 3.

Round 3: Singles Matches

The 4 remaining partisipants will battle in singles matches, resulting in 2 finalists.

Final Round: Singles Match

The Final Round will see the 2 best wrestlers face off, to get here, you NEED to be the best. Tag's multimans, singles matches, everyting.

The Winner of the 2011 Karl Anderson Memorial Cup will win a 100.000 $ prize, and a title shot at WrestleReunion 2011, 1PW's biggest show of the year.

Anyone wants updates as i go along?...I'm scouting for talent in the game as we speak.

Archived