Small questions that don't deserve their own thread

I'm playing a real world mod as WWE and my roster has a slew of occasional wrestlers (The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, The Undertaker, William Regal, etc). How often do occasional wrestlers expect to appear? How often do they expect to wrestle? I'm assuming their morale will drop if I leave them off a major PPV.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>Okay, so what I want to do is take a real world mod, and edit it the way I want to. For example, I want to do a WWE save file, and I want to bring in all my favorite indy wrestlers, but have them come in right away in the midcard, upper midcard, and/ or main event. Traditionally, when you just hire indy guys in the game, they're forced to start out very very low, which makes sense.</p><p> </p><p>

So what I'm wondering is, what should I be editing in their profiles in the database to get them to be much higher up in the card right away?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="indestructible" data-cite="indestructible" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26005" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay, so what I want to do is take a real world mod, and edit it the way I want to. For example, I want to do a WWE save file, and I want to bring in all my favorite indy wrestlers, but have them come in right away in the midcard, upper midcard, and/ or main event. Traditionally, when you just hire indy guys in the game, they're forced to start out very very low, which makes sense.<p> </p><p> So what I'm wondering is, what should I be editing in their profiles in the database to get them to be much higher up in the card right away?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They're popularity. That's the primary factor in pushes for all companies.</p>

• 1 month later...

Not sure anyone checks down here anymore or remembers the differences between '10 and '13, but I might as well ask. Is there an easy way to change gimmicks after heel turning someone who is using a Wholesome gimmick?

It comes time to have Joey Minnesota turn on RDJ, but he wants at least a month off to switch to any reasonable gimmick. Do I just use 'Man on a Mission' until it wears off and it's time to go to his next one?

• 8 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AlaricRose" data-cite="AlaricRose" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26005" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When you view your roster, if you have a developmental territory, you will see an icon near their push, gimmick, etc. that looks like a foot. Click on it, and a new window will pop up. You will be able to choose which developmental promotion to send them to (in case you have more than one), and what they should focus on. Options include Develop Overall, Train Performance, Get in Shape, and Train Others, to name a few.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you!</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Started playing again after a break... could someone remind me of the sequence for turning a worker with regards to changing their gimmick accordingly.</p><p> </p><p>

ie: If I have a face with a face gimmick and want to turn him, do I turn him and then debut the new heel gimmick the show after the turn, or have him have the new gimmick on the show where he turns? </p><p> </p><p>

Don't want the new gimmick to take a hit because technically he is a face at the beginning of the angle where he turns.</p><p> </p><p>

Much appreciated.</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Hi.</p><p> </p><p>

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I can't watch nearly 16.000 replies, lol.</p><p> </p><p>

I want to know which stats are needed for manager, referees... Obviously they need mic skills or referee skills, but do they also need stats in basics, psychology, resilience... ?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks in advance.</p>

• 11 months later...

No one probably reads this thread anymore, but owell.

Just noticed that in the mod I am using, the "Please enter the month and year when computer-generated characters should start to be generated" section in the database info is empty.

Does this mean that there will be no new characters generated in the game world ever? For example if I play long enough, there won't be any workers left cause all are retired.

If yes, is there a way to fix it in an already used save file?

Answer really much appreciated.

How do I get pictures I added to the default pictures folder to appear in game? I am creating new wrestlers but the pictures I added aren't there.

They go in the Pictures \ Default \ Faces folder. They should appear in the list in the editor if you've done it correctly and are using the right format. Note that assigning a picture via the editor does not impact save games that have already been started.

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread, pretty new, I have a question about house shows, do they increase tag team experience when you set the booking to experiment with a newly made team?

I know that they gain 1 point per match in regular shows/events, but is it the same with house shows or is it like half, if at all?

Guest DutchMagpie

I'm booking TNA and Kurt Angle is my top worker at the moment. The problem is that he thinks he is better than the rest of the main event roster which is a problem because of the storylines he can't always win. I didn't make him lose clean yet, he didn't come out as the winner in only two of his matches:

Bully Ray & Robert Roode vs AJ Styles & Kurt Angle.

- Kurt was kept strong and AJ took the fall.

Kurt Angle vs Bully Ray & Robert Roode in a handicap match

- draw by double countout (no contest), kept strong

Angle was not happy with both outcomes, not even with a draw in a handicap match against two other main eventers.

Now he is angry while the bastard is holding the TNA WH Title and he has a win loss record of 10 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss.

I don't wanna lose him when his contract expires. What can I do ?

• 1 month later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DutchMagpie" data-cite="DutchMagpie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26005" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm booking TNA and Kurt Angle is my top worker at the moment. The problem is that he thinks he is better than the rest of the main event roster which is a problem because of the storylines he can't always win. I didn't make him lose clean yet, he didn't come out as the winner in only two of his matches: <p> </p><p> Bully Ray & Robert Roode vs AJ Styles & Kurt Angle. </p><p> - Kurt was kept strong and AJ took the fall. </p><p> </p><p> Kurt Angle vs Bully Ray & Robert Roode in a handicap match</p><p> - draw by double countout (no contest), kept strong</p><p> </p><p> Angle was not happy with both outcomes, not even with a draw in a handicap match against two other main eventers. </p><p> </p><p> Now he is angry while the bastard is holding the TNA WH Title and he has a win loss record of 10 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss. </p><p> </p><p> I don't wanna lose him when his contract expires. What can I do ?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> What I have noticed is that TEW 2013 is more forgiving when it comes to backstage pain in the asses. It is based on their popularity compared to other wrestlers and their personality. Your Kurt Angle is probably considered very selfish and will whine when he loses to anybody less popular than him. I know when I played 2010 I had to throw lots of bonuses around to keep those personalities happy!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DutchMagpie" data-cite="DutchMagpie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26005" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm booking TNA and Kurt Angle is my top worker at the moment. The problem is that he thinks he is better than the rest of the main event roster which is a problem because of the storylines he can't always win. I didn't make him lose clean yet, he didn't come out as the winner in only two of his matches: <p> </p><p> Bully Ray & Robert Roode vs AJ Styles & Kurt Angle. </p><p> - Kurt was kept strong and AJ took the fall. </p><p> </p><p> Kurt Angle vs Bully Ray & Robert Roode in a handicap match</p><p> - draw by double countout (no contest), kept strong</p><p> </p><p> Angle was not happy with both outcomes, not even with a draw in a handicap match against two other main eventers. </p><p> </p><p> Now he is angry while the bastard is holding the TNA WH Title and he has a win loss record of 10 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss. </p><p> </p><p> I don't wanna lose him when his contract expires. What can I do ?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In addition to k-necton, possibly the best thing you could do with these type of guys and especially at angles age is trying to sign them to contract where they 'pass the torch' or the other one (I've forgotten what it's called) but if they are signed to this contract for a little extra money they are happier to take losses</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26005" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What I have noticed is that TEW 2013 is more forgiving when it comes to backstage pain in the asses. It is based on their popularity compared to other wrestlers and their personality. Your Kurt Angle is probably considered very selfish and will whine when he loses to anybody less popular than him. I know when I played 2010 I had to throw lots of bonuses around to keep those personalities happy!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I definitely think it's quite forgiving, especially when you hear real life about people flat out refusing to put others other even without a creative control clause.</p><p> </p><p> Although I had some storylines lined up for macho man in an 01 mod, but because of his personality he won't even be in an angle with anyone he hates, never mind wrestle and lose lol.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Hey hey. Been out of the game for about 5 years due to an abusive relationship (don't ask) and just getting back into things now.</p><p> </p><p>

I seem to have forgotten almost everything I knew about TEW. I'm playing as my ficitional Regional all-women's promotion in the C-Verse.</p><p> </p><p>

My question is, shall I keep plugging away at my home area of Tri-State where my Importance is D (and everything else is F or F+) or should I start venturing out into other area where I'll draw crowds of 300 as supposed to the 2000 I get at home?</p><p> </p><p>

Currently I run one Medium show once per month. No PPV or TV as I'm too small. Considering running a second show outside my home area. Any advice would be appreciated!</p>

• 5 weeks later...

I guess your best bet is to try a month or two on 1 home show - 1 away show and see if you are losing money overall?

And a question from me - I can't seem to fully understand how unchained storylines, and storylines in general, work. Do they influence the popularity and hype when they are ongoing or when they are finished? And if the first option is true, why would anybody ever finish a freeform storyline?

EDIT: And now I found a separate thread on that matter. Sorry for cluttering this topic, gonna go there and study up. ;)

• 4 months later...

I've tried searching the forums, but maybe I'm just not thinking of the right keywords. Sorry if this has been asked.

I have a PPV carrier and am trying to run a weekly PPV for my global company. Each time I get to the actual booking screen, though, my PPV card status has been changed to Huge. Does this mean my show isn't being broadcast on my PPV carrier (and therefore being seen worldwide)? And if it isn't being seen, what can I do to get TEW to stop changing my card from PPV to Huge?

HELP! Popularity dropping, but cards are great?!

Hey there.

I am finding a consistent "issue" with TEW and I need to learn what I am doing wrong.

If I book a card that does a C+ or lower, I get a summary saying the card "may have hurt our popularity"

But when I read the synopsis in the Headlines the next day, the cards are referred to as "awesome" or "really good".

How can this be?!

Why is popularlty dropping if the cards are so well received???

Hey there.

I am finding a consistent "issue" with TEW and I need to learn what I am doing wrong.

If I book a card that does a C+ or lower, I get a summary saying the card "may have hurt our popularity"

But when I read the synopsis in the Headlines the next day, the cards are referred to as "awesome" or "really good".

How can this be?!

Why is popularlty dropping if the cards are so well received???

Because the show grade is lower than your popularity.

Archived