WCW 1999: The Kings Are Dead; Long Live The Kings

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/THNDRLOG.jpg

Rey Mysterio Jnr and Psychosis

vs

Chavo Guerrero Jnr and Juventude Guerrera

In a bold and daring move not seen since the glory days of Jim Crockett Promotions, WCW decide to open their broadcast presentation...with a match!

And what a match it is. Before it can begin, Chavo offers Rey Mysterio the chance to lay down and let him win, but Rey don't roll that way sucker! Rey and Psychosis go to work on their opponents and pick up a quick, yet action packed victory.

The camera cuts to the crowd, where a handsome fella with a Beejus 3:16 sign is nearly in tears. Tears of joy I might add, as Psychosis was the one to garner the pinfall on Juvi.

Here are your winners, Rey Mysterio Jnr and Psychosis!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TONY- What a victory there for Mysterio and Psychosis! I think Chavito better come up with a new plan, because I don't think Rey Rey is laying down for him at Mayhem!

MIKE- Indeed he wont Tony. Rey is a world class wrestler and I have personally never seen him back out of a fight.

TONY- That is just the starter, folks. Still to come tonight on Thunder, it's the match that should have happened on Nitro, Bill Goldberg and Bret Hart vs Sting and Jeff Jarrett in our main event. Also, Chris Kanyon steps into the ring with the returning Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner and...

But Tony is again bitchslapped by the music emanating from the arena speakers. The Untouchables are here in full and they don't look happy.

STING- So the games begin. The Giant and Chris Jericho finally show their true colours. That you are nothing more than street thugs doesn't surprise me in the least. That you would interfere in official Untouchables business doesn't shock me. That they would bring back The Steiner Brothers to try and cull us doesn't concern me.

In fact it is rather comforting that you would resort to such desperation tactics so early in your tenure. Three weeks is all it took for you to go from businessmen to brawlers. And when we destroy you inside the cage at Mayhem, what next? Where do you go from there? All your cards will be played out, yet there I'll be, WCW Championship in hand.

What will be the purpose of your folly, gents? To teach us lesson? To show us the error of our ways? Jim Crockett, Jim Herd, Bill Watts, Ole Anderson, Dusty Rhodes, Eric Bischoff, Vince Russo, even the NWO...I've outlasted them all. They all came to realise that WCW belonged to me, and they either learnt to accept the fact, or I made sure they got the hell out of my company!

You may have a piece of paper and a fancy title that tells you that you're the owners of WCW guys, but WCW will always be mine! So just like everybody else, just like all the men who came before you, you can either learn to accept it or at Mayhem, I'll make you wish you stayed the hell away!

And here come Jericho and The Giant!

JERICHO- For the sake of the good people of Dodge City. For the sanity of the millions at home. For the love of God...will you please, SHUT THE HELL UP!

As much as I enjoyed your little history lesson, String, there's at least one fact you neglected. The likes of Bill Watts and Eric Bischoff failed because they tried to accommodate you. They catered to your flights of fancy and allowed you to do whatever the hell you wanted. You wanted to hang around in the rafters for months on end? "Oh, no problem Sting, go ahead!" You wanted to make your little movies about speedboats and midgets? "Uh, yeah Sting, that sounds like a great idea!" You wanted to hang around with freaking Robocop? "Gee Sting, I'll get on the phone to his agent, best million dollars I've ever spent Sting!"

GIANT- What Chris is trying to say is that the difference between us and all the rest is that we don't like you. We don't think your cool. We don't want to be your friends. We are different because this Sunday at Mayhem we will kick your ass instead of kissing it!

JERICHO- That is, of course, if there's anything left after Goldberg and Bret Hart are finished with you tonight. And before you even think about pulling a stunt like you pulled on Monday night, anybody who interferes during the match will be suspended indefinitely. Whether they're part of your little gang or not!

Jericho and The Giant head backstage as The Untouchables scowl in the ring.

TONY- Have Sting and his Untouchables bitten off more than they can chew this time?

BOBBY- They know what they're doing, Sting is a master tactician.

MIKE- Tactics and manipulation may not be enough this time, Brain. Our new owners don't seem to particularly care for The Icon.

TONY- Coming up next, we promised you that we would keep the camera's rolling on Monday night, and so here it is. Randy Savage, fearing for the safety of Elizabeth stormed to the safehouse she was staying at, and here's the exclusive footage.

A video starts, first highlighting the ongoing problems between Candido and Savage. We then see the events last week, where Candido fooled Savage into thinking he was at the arena. Savage races to the carpark and into his rental car. He screeches down the highway whilst WCW cameramen chase after him. He gets to the house where Elizabeth is staying and bangs on the door, but there is no answer. Out of his mind with worry, he paces around the front porch wondering what his next move should be, when suddenly he gets a phonecall.

SAVAGE- Elizabet? Is that you? Elizabet! What the hell have you done with her!? If you touch a hair on her head I swear...You son of a bitch Candido just let her go!

Savage spots the camera following him and pushes it to the ground and breaking the signal.

TONY- Unfortunately that's where our signal finished, but we have it on good authority that both Savage and Candido are here tonight and that Savage has not seen Elizabeth since Monday night....

In fact, Savage is here right now, and he comes to the ring without his usual pomp and circumstance, with a microphone in hand.

SAVAGE- Well, here I am, Candido. You wanted me out here, you got me! No more games!

Suddenly, cheesy game show music begins to pump throughout the arena. Candido appears on the big screen.

CANDIDO- Randy Savage, welcome to the game that's sweeping America, it's time for quiz of the week, pick your poison!

Savage begins to run to the back.

CANDIDO- Uh, uh, uh....wait a minute Savage. You come back here and I guarantee you will never see Elizabeth again! Do you understand the rules of the game? Good. Now, behind me here are three, count em, three doors. Behind one of the doors is your beloved Elizabeth, all you have to do is correctly guess which door she's behind. Simple, yes?

But wait...there's more! Y'see, behind one of the doors is a special mystery prize, and behind another is a stipulation. What's the stipulation you ask? If you beat me at Mayhem, you can have your precious Elizabeth back. But if I win...she comes home with me! So what dya say, Savage?

SAVAGE- I'm not gonna do this crap! Just give me Elizabeth back now or I'm gonna snap your freakin neck!

CANDIDO- That's your choice Savage, it's your game and we can end it whenever you want, but like I said you will never see Elizabeth again.

Savage thinks about it. This could be his only chance to get her back.

SAVAGE- This is bullcrap! You better keep your word if I chose correctly little man!

CANDIDO- So you're in?

SAVAGE- I'm in...

CANDIDO- In that case, Randall Savage...come on down and let's play...Pick Your Poison! Which door's it going to be Savage, A, B or C?

Savage weighs up his options, knowing that a wrong choice could endanger Elizabeth even further.

CANDIDO- Tick tock Mr Savage, I'm gonna have to hurry you for a decision!

SAVAGE- All right, all right! B! I chose B!

CANDIDO- Dooooooooor B! An excellent choice... before we see what's behind Door B though, let's take a look at what you could have won. Behind door A, oooooooh, it's the mystery prize, the Candido Cam cheque book and pen! Commiserations! That means that there's a fifty fifty chance that you'll get your little lizzie back. So without further ado....behind door B...OH SO CLOSE! It's the stipulation! That means our Mayhem match just got a whole lot more interesting. We'll that's all we've got time for tonight...

SAVAGE- Hold on just a second CANDIDO! Let me see my Elizabeth! I need to know she's ok!

CANDIDO- Oh I'm sorry Savage, I can't do that...but remember to smile, because you never know when you'll be on Candido Camera! Goodnight!

The monitor goes off. Savage is incredibly mad in the ring and rushes backstage to try and catch up with his nemesis.

TONY- This situation between Savage, Candido and Elizabeth just get's weirder and weirder...I just hope she's ok.

MIKE- That little creep better not have laid a hand on her or Savage is seriously going to go over the edge.

BOBBY- I think Candido's a perfect gentleman. She's better off with him than that lunatic Savage!

Eddy Guerrero vs Billy Kidman vs Elix Skipper vs Mark Jindrak

Welcome to the battle of the up and comers. Apart from Eddy, each of these guys is in there early to mid twenties, and they are all (apart from Eddy again) the younger member of their respective team. All the partners accompany them to ringside and shout their encouragement from the sidelines. The winner here could hold the advantage in Sunday's match.

The first pinfall will win the match here, leading to a chaotic scramble for survival. In an arena such as this, it is perhaps unsurprising that the most experienced competitor in the field takes the advantage. Take a bow Eddy, take a bow.

Here is your winner, Eddy Guerrero!

MIKE- An impressive victory there for Eddy Guerrero of The Wayward Sons so close to the Mayhem match this Sunday night. You gotta believe that match means so much to the aspirations of these four evolving tag teams.

TONY- Couldn't agree more with you Mike. I'm getting word through my earpiece that Larry Zbyszko is standing by backstage with two very special guests.

LARRY- Indeed I am, guys! With me now are the two men who go into battle this Sunday against Chris Kanyon and Sid Vicious of The Untouchables. I'm talking about the returning Steiner Brothers!

SCOTT- Hold up! Larry, I love you man, but I gotta know...WHERE'S MY FREAKS AT!?

LARRY- Your freaks?

SCOTT- You know, the pumpettes. The ladies?

LARRY- I'm sorry it's just me tonight. And I want to know how it feels to be back here in WCW side by side.

SCOTT- How does it feel? You remember Hiro Jima? You remember when Pearl Harbour bombed the Germans? Woooooo it's like D-Day all over again Larry!

RICK- It's time to set the dogs lose Larry! Sid Vicious may have got rid of me temporarily, but even he must have known it was only a matter of time before I got my vengeance!

LARRY- And tonight, Scott, you face Chris Kanyon. Do you think the other three Untouchables will try and get involved in your match?

SCOTT- Its about time that The Untouchables learnt to realise that there's only one generic freak in WCW, and you're looking at him! Sid Vicious, Sting, Jarrett, I don't care who wants to try and mix it with the big bad booty daddy, because you're looking at the biggest arms in the world, and let me tell you that size matters!

RICK- Yeah, and if they wanna bring it, they'll find the dog faced gremlin patrolling the yard! Sid, I'm begging you to give me a reason to slap the Vicious out of you! We'll be waiting for you!

Meanwhile, Jericho is in the office when Regal bursts through the door.

REGAL- Ahhh, Jericho! Another of your attempts to annoy me tonight is it? A match against Ric Flair, how very original of you, but I've got to say that you will never...

JERICHO- REGAL! Not tonight, ok? Not tonight...

Regal see's the seriousness in Jericho's eyes and knows it it time to leave.

RIC FLAIR VS STEVEN REGAL

What a technical masterpiece, and one of the best matches so far of the new era here in WCW. Say what you will about Jericho's tactics, but he has certainly lit a fire in the belly of the Englishman. Conversely, if there is any ring rust in The Nature boys arsenal he is hiding it well.

In a relatively long match by WCW standards, Flair eventually picks up the victory with his patented Figure Four.

Here is your winner, Ric Flair!

After the match, Hulk Hogan makes his way down to ringside to confront Flair.

HOGAN- Let me tell you something, brother! This week on Nitro, dude, you gave Hulkamania a lifeline! You gave me and my Hulkamaniacs the chance to go wild one more time! And for that, I gotta thank you, Jack!

So at Mayhem, it's me and you brother, the continuation of the story that will be etched into our gravestones, Flair! Perhaps the last match ever between The Immortal and The Nature Boy.

I just want to say one thing. Our match at Mayhem, I want you to bring everything you've got. Leave nothing in the locker, brother, because the Hulkster needs to know if he truly belongs in the WCW. I can live with losing to you, Flair, but what I can't abide is you going easy on me because you think you owe me. You don't owe me Jack! So Whatcha gonna do Ric Flair, when Hulkamania runs wild....on....you!

Flair nods his approval to Hogan whilst Hogan poses on the ramp

Meanwhile, backstage, Scott Hudson is standing by in the interview area.

SCOTT- Joining me right now are the two guys who face each other this Sunday at Mayhem, but tonight they must put that all to once side as they take on Sting and Jeff Jarrett of The Untouchables. Bret, Goldberg, Welcome.

BRET- Thanks a lot, Scott. I can't speak for Bill Goldberg, but for me tonight is all about getting revenge on The Untouchables. It seems to me that the best way to do it is to work as a team. Forget about Mayhem, forget about the road ahead, and concentrate on the opportunity in front of us. What do you say?

Goldberg doesn't respond. He just stares right through BRet

BRET- You know, I'm getting real sick and tired of this strong silent act your pulling Goldberg. All I'm asking is for you to nail your colours to the mast and show me I can trust you out there!

Bret offers his hand to Goldberg. Again, Goldberg stares through him before walking off, leaving Bret looking on frustrated

CHRIS KANYON VS SCOTT STEINER

Rick Steiner tries to accompany Scott to the ring, as does Sid with Kanyon, but they are quickly dispatched of by officials and referees much to their annoyance. Kanyon has brought his trusty crowbar to the ring and kisses it before placing it in his corner.

This is the first match in a while for both guys, and as such, there is a small feeling out process to begin. Neither man want's to be the first to make a mistake and give ground to the opposition.

As the action goes on, Steiner begins to take control and shows just what a weapon of destruction he can be. Kanyon tries to use his craft and ingenuity to work around the muscle mass, but has little success in the early goings.

It is an illegal manoeuvre that turns the tide, as Kanyon hits a blatant low blow that the official somehow misses. From there, with the playing field levelled somewhat, we see just what Kanyon is capable of.

A late rallying cry from Steiner prevents the whitewash, and with Steiner now on the offensive, Kanyon tries to break the rules once more, reaching for his trusty crowbar...but Steiner sees it coming and batters in out of Kanyons hand. One Steiner Recliner later and its all over.

Here is your winner, Scott Steiner!

After the match, it becomes clear that Kanyon tapped a little early, perhaps sensing that it was better to lose this battle and save himself for the war, as with Scott Steiner celebrating for the crowd...DRIVEBY KANYON CUTTAH! Oh my god that was out of nowhere!

This, of course, brings brother Rick out who starts to lay a beating on Kanyon..that is until Sid stumbles to the ring and evens the score. At least he tries to even the score, but Rick and Scott manage to clear the ring of their Untouchable opponents.

TENAY- Can you spell Rocket buster?

BOBBY- R..o...c..

MIKE- This is going to be an epic brawl at Mayhem! The Steiners vs Big Sid and Kanyon happens live on PPV this Sunday folks...

BOBBY- k...e...t...

TONY-And The Steiners have shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not going to take The Untouchables Dominance lying down.

BOBBY- B...e...wait a minute, let me start over!

BRET HART AND BILL GOLDBERG VS STING AND JEFF JARRETT

Remember that Jericho and The Giant have ruled that any interference will be dealt with by indefinite suspension. As if to enforce this ruling, Jericho joins the commentary team, whilst The Giant makes his way to ringside, declaring himself the official enforcer.

This is as good a match as you would expect from these guys, four of the most over competitors in the new WCW. The crowd response is off the hook, matched in the most part by the action in the ring.

The Untouchables are clearly thrown by the presence of The Giant at ringside, wary of any interaction he may have with them.They needn't have worried, as The Giant was there in a purely observatory role.

The Untouchables for their part go about the business of isolating The Hitman, stopping him making the tag to his coiled spring partner on several occasions.

Eventually, out of sheer desperation, Bret hits a wicked enziguri and crawls slowly to the corner. Sting does the same, and manages to tag in Jeff. Jeff rushes the ring...only to be met by a fresh, legal, Bill Goldberg! Bill takes on both men and clears the ring to the roar of the crowd!

The Untouchables decide they have had enough...but enforcer Giant thinks otherwise. Jericho too leaves his announce position and they force Sting and Jarrett back towards the ring.

As Jarrett protests, Goldberg grabs him by the hair and just pulls him back into the ring. JACKHAMMER TO JARRETT! He goes for the cover...1...2......no! Sting breaks up the pin! Bret rushes the ring and clotheslines Sting over the top! Goldberg looks at Bret, he has an idea. He motions for Bret to go up top, as Goldberg sets Jarrett up for...The Hart Attack! Bret connects and Goldberg covers.1....2....3!

Here are your winner, Bret Hart and Goldberg!

Sting grabs Jarrett and carries him quickly up the ramp, not wanting to hang around with the numbers game not favouring them at all. Sting shouts and screams from the top of the ramp, as Jericho, Giant, Bret and Goldberg celebrate in the ring. An act of unity that perhaps spells disaster for The Untouchables.

TONY- What a night! Bret and Goldberg finally got their revenge on The Untouchables! They proved afterall that they can operate on the same page.

BOBBY- I can't believe this! What a fix! Those guys are supposed to be opponents!

MIKE- This was about more than title belts Bobby.

BOBBY- What can be more important than title belts?

TONY- What about pride? Courage? Being a man?

BOBBY- I'll repeat the question...what can be more important than title belts?

MIKE- These four men know there are challenges ahead, that this is just the beginning of the war that rages in WCW. But at least for tonight they are united in a single cause.

As if to back up Mike Tenay's claims, the four men stand in a line, raising each others hands in victory and solidarity. Bret offers Goldberg his hand once more which this time he accepts. Bret tries to walk away...but Goldberg keeps his steely grip. He pulls Bret close and the two behemoths go head to head...and there is your montage closing image!

TONY- Goldberg and Bret go one on one this Sunday at Mayhem! You don't want to miss it! What a night, we're out of here!

hey, I can spell rocket buster! let's see, r-o-c-... agh i lost my focus! lemme start again! r-o-c-k-e... wait, this is a trick question, isn't it?! is this one of those french words where it sounds like one thing but spelled like another? ... what was the word again? augh :mad:

anyways, can't wait for mayhem ;)

Here are the new WCW point tallies

SlimJim= 1,000,000 points (see below!)

Beejus= 180 points

Tristram=150 points

Totti=110 points

Juggaloninjalee=65 points

Nobby McDonald= 50 points

michgcs= 35 points

BHK1978= 30 points

Bigpapa42= 25 points

Burnum81=5 points

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm445/SJ_GDS/mayhem.jpg

A million times (and points) thankyou Slim Jim for your awesome Mayhem poster!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Bill_Goldberg.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Bret_Hart.jpg

Da Man Bill Goldberg vs Bret The Hitman Hart in a number one contenders match. The winner faces Sting at Starrcade for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Whilst they have mostly stayed out of each others way, the simmering tensions between Bret and Goldberg were shown as Thunder went off the air. For all their solidarity in the face of The Untouchables threat, this is about something more. The chance to be in the main event at Starrcade. The chance to challenge for the world heavyweight title. And the chance to dethrone Sting in the process.

A clash of styles perhaps, but one that the WCW audience is dying to see. The Hitman vs Da Man with number one contendership on the line is sure to be a spectacle not to miss

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/ChrisJericho-1.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/TheBigShow.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Sting.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/JeffJarrett6.jpg

WCW owners Chris Jericho and The Giant VS The Untouchable Icon Sting and The King Of Controversy Jeff Jarrett in a steel cage match

They didn't want to do it. They tried to resist stepping into the ring, but in the face of such provocation, there was perhaps only one place this was heading. So at Mayhem, Jericho and The Giant make their return to a WCW ring to face Untouchables Sting and Jeff Jarrett.

The Untouchables have pushed their luck to the limits. Berating the new ownership countless times. Beating them down in their own ring. Destroying their modes of transport and more. If The Untouchables wished to unleash the anger inside Jericho and The Giant, they have clearly succeeded.

Not only that, but this one will be contested inside the steel cage. A match designed to stop interference and to conclusively provide a winner, or winners in this case. With so many professional and personal issues involved, this epic encounter could be the match of the night.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/aHulkHogan.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/RicFlairShort.jpg

The Immortal Hulk Hogan VS The Nature Boy Ric Flair. If Hogan wins, he gets a new WCW contract.

It is the feud that has transcended generations. A rivalry that has spanned decades, motives and promotions. Tonight, The Nature Boy and The Immortal lace up the boots one more time in perhaps the most important match of their storied careers.

For Hogan it is simple. Win the match and be guaranteed a place on the new WCW roster. Lose, and it's curtains for Hulkamania. For Flair, the thrill of besting Hogan has never wavered, but perhaps he heads into the match with conflicting emotions. It is he, remember, that cost Hogan his place in WCW in the first place, carrying out his orders to the letter and firing him on the spot.

Any thoughts he may have had about going easy on Hogan have been curtailed however, as Hogan has challenged Flair to bring nothing but his A game to Mayhem.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Sid_Vicious.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/ChrisKanyon2.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Scott_Steiner.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Rick_Steiner6.jpg

The Master of The Universe Sid Vicious and Chris Kanyon vs Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner and The DFG Rick Steiner.

When Sid Vicious beat Rick Steiner to unify the TV and US Titles almost two months ago, he certainly didn't count on the tenacity and endurance of The Steiner brothers. Tonight, Rick and Scott return to tag team competition with a bang.

Sid and Kanyon have teamed together before, but tonight is their first night as Untouchables. Certainly Sting and Jarrett will be watching closely, making sure their new recruits live up to the moniker they possess.

For The Steiners, victory means vengeance on the man who put Rick on the shelf for so long. Who kept Scott away from competition at his brothers bedside. The man who cost him a championship and almost cost him a career.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/RandySavageWolfpac.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Chris_Candido.jpg

Macho Madness Randy Savage VS Chris Candido

It all started with a woman...the lovely Elizabeth. Candido, hellbent on making her a part of his Candido Camera Club has raised the ire of Savage to the point where The Madness is all consuming.

Not heeding the velocity of his actions, Candido has gone out of his way to goad The Macho Man even further, not only kidnapping his long term partner, but revelling in it! On thunder, we saw the extra stipulation callously added. If Savage wins then Elizabeth returns. If however the unthinkable occurs, then Candido get's his wish, and Elizabeth becomes the latest victim of Candido Camera

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Rey_Mysterio15.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Chavo_Guerrero8.jpg

Rey Mysterio Jnr vs Chavo Guerrero Jnr for The Cruiserweight Title

It is a shame that perhaps the purest athletic title in the WCW should be marred by the underhand tactics of Chavo Guerrero Jnr. To his credit, our honourable champion Rey Mysterio Jnr. has stayed above the obnoxious behaviour of the challenger.

Yet Chavo persists that there is a secret. A secret that will rock the world of Rey and his admirers. Whether this is all about petty oneupmanship and mindgames remains to be seen, but Rey has promised to fight to the best of his abilities no matter what.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/EddyGuerrero.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Berlyn.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Shane_Douglas.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/BillyKidman4.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/thBuff_Bagwell.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Mark_Jindrak.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Elix_Skipper.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/DeanMalenko.jpg

The Wayward Sons VS Shane Douglas and Billy Kidman VS Team Electric Boogaloo VS The Icemen in a four team Mayhem Match. The winner gets a shot at Harlem Heat for the World Tag Team Titles at Starrcade

A Mayhem match is one unprecedented in WCW. What exactly is it? Nobody knows, but the omens point to a chaotic event. Whatever happens, there is no denying the talent involved.

And to the winners go the spoils. A tag title match against Harlem Heat at Starrcade. Which one of these young and exciting tag teams can take it to the next level and earn their place on the grandest level?

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/DDP11.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Chris_Benoit.jpg

Diamond Dallas Page VS Chris Benoit

It is perhaps Chris Benoits biggest challenge to date. A one on one matchup granted to him by The Giant as a test of his credentials. But then perhaps it is a test for DDP too. Whatever the outcome, whoever the winner, that man must surely improve his standing within WCW.

In his arsenal, each man possesses a move so deadly as to render any opponent incapacitated. For Benoit it is the crossface. A submission manoeuvre like no other in it's ruthless agressiveness and lethal application. For DDP, it is the Diamond Cutter. A sharp force that can kill a career dead in it's tracks.

QUICK PICKS

Da Man Bill Goldberg vs Bret The Hitman Hart in a number one contenders match. The winner faces Sting at Starrcade for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship

WCW owners Chris Jericho and The Giant VS The Untouchable Icon Sting and The King Of Controversy Jeff Jarrett in a steel cage match

The Immortal Hulk Hogan VS The Nature Boy Ric Flair. If Hogan wins, he gets a new WCW contract.

The Master of The Universe Sid Vicious and Chris Kanyon vs Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner and The DFG Rick Steiner.

The Wayward Sons VS Shane Douglas and Billy Kidman VS Team Electric Boogaloo VS The Icemen in a four team Mayhem Match. The winner gets a shot at Harlem Heat for the World Tag Team Titles at Starrcade

hey, I can spell rocket buster! let's see, r-o-c-... agh i lost my focus! lemme start again! r-o-c-k-e... wait, this is a trick question, isn't it?! is this one of those french words where it sounds like one thing but spelled like another? ... what was the word again? augh :mad:

anyways, can't wait for mayhem ;)

Hehe, nice one Mich! Rocketbuster is harder to spell than it sounds for sure. Especially when put on the spot. Don't get me started on slobberknocker!

I'm available for weddings and bar mitzvahs.

Bill Goldberg vs Bret Hart

As much as I'd like to see Bret with the title come the end of Starrcade, Goldberg vs Sting is going to be put more butts in seats.

Chris Jericho & The Giant vs Sting & Jeff Jarrett

Hmm, they need to redress the balance of power by getting it done in the ring, and then Sting can lose at Starrcade and the Untouchables begin to unravel.

Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair

Creative control, brother. Or the only logical storyline option, unless there are going to be greater shenanigans to draw it out further. These two in a retirement match at some point would be a money spinner, too.

Sid Vicious & Chris Kanyon vs The Steiner Brothers

Despite having Rick Steiner on their team, The Steiners superior tagging ability helps them through to a cathartic victory.

Randy Savage vs Chris Candido

I endorse Macho Man the way he used to endorse me.

Rey Mysterio Jnr vs Chavo Guerrero Jnr

Unfortunately for Chavo, he has to lose here so that he can go crazy and reveal the secret... Rey is really a small chinese boy called Malcolm Wang.

The Wayward Sons vs Shane Douglas & Billy Kidman vs Team Electric Boogaloo vs The Icemen

'Twould be the most productive win, I feel.

Diamond Dallas Page vs Chris Benoit

It's not a bad thing, it's a good thing.

YAY PSICOSIS!!!! I honestly don't know exactly why I've always liked him so much, but I've just been such a mark for him ever since the first time I saw him and Rey wrestle back in like 96 in WCW. I think it's just because I felt he was the better of the two, and yet he was pushed to the side in favor of Mysterio. I laughed when I recently found out that Psi is going to be DLC for the AAA game.

I chuckled yet was somewhat disappointed by the Scott Steiner interview. As much as I love that clip, it just seemed out of place.

Really, I don't have too much to say about this show, because it pushed things forward well. In general, it had very few things that jumped out too much no matter for good or bad. But leading into a major PPV like it is, there's nothing wrong with that.

Bill Goldberg vs Bret Hart

There's going to be some sort of crazy shenanigans going on, but I think in the end, Bret will pull out the win so that he can get his title by the end of the year, and Goldberg can move along to face Jarrett or Sid at Starrcade probably.

Chris Jericho & The Giant vs Sting & Jeff Jarrett

Really, as they're technically meant to be non-wrestlers here, Jericho and Giant have nothing to gain from a victory, whereas Sting and Jarrett can gain some momentum before next month.

Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair

Somewhat unfortunately, but it's bound to happen, I think.

Sid Vicious & Chris Kanyon vs The Steiner Brothers

Because even with Rick there to drag him down at the moment, Scott Steiner will be a future World champion, which is far more than Sid or Kanyon can claim.

Randy Savage vs Chris Candido

I'm somewhat torn on this match. The big question in my mind is why exactly does Macho care about his ex-wife so much? This sort of logic leads me to think that Candido may win because Liz comes out to screw Savage over. But on the other hand, with Macho being - as you said - the most popular guy in the show, he probably won't be losing this one. So I went more to that idea than logic, because this is WCW logic.

Rey Mysterio Jnr vs Chavo Guerrero Jnr

CHEAT 2 WIN THIS TIME, ESSA!! Because really, what else is there to happen for the Cruiserweight strap until Starrcade?

The Wayward Sons vs Shane Douglas & Billy Kidman vs Team Electric Boogaloo vs The Icemen

Like I said, I see Douglas and Kidman on the path to a one on one match at Starrcade over Torrie. Electric Boogaloo just haven't grown on me enough to feel like they should get the win, but yet given they're the only ones who've said anything about Harlem Heat, it seems like they will.

Diamond Dallas Page vs Chris Benoit

Another damn tough one, as really either guy could pick up this win and slide right into being a top contender for either the World or US belts. I went with Benoit solely for age reasons.

A million times (and points) thankyou Slim Jim for your awesome Mayhem poster!

LOL you should've put a little "slim jims" logo at the bottom :D

Da Man Bill Goldberg vs Bret The Hitman Hart in a number one contenders match.

Goldberg is too strong, and since everyone i pick ends up being the loser, it's a good thing i like the hitman more than da man :D

Jericho and the Giant lied. They DO want to return to the ring.

somehow i feel that hulkamania will run wild

too much experience, too much pride for the steiner brothers

the macho man will make everything all right. OHHHH YEAHHH

I am betting that rey's secret is that he is really mini-john cena in a mask :mad:

The Wayward Sons VS Shane Douglas and Billy Kidman VS Team Electric Boogaloo VS The Icemen in a four team Mayhem Match.

a win here would make torrie wilson VERY happy, and we want torrie happy, don't we? :rolleyes:

Benoit will make DDP tap out... to quote Ready to Rumble... "a diamond upside down is a p**sy" :p

Wow, thanks for all the support fellas. Really appreciate the comments, and nice to see there are a mix of predictions and reasons for them. To be honest there's some possibilities that I hadn't really thought of, and it's starting to make me question my booking!

I just realised I haven't added a quick pick to the end of the Mayhem card. I'll put one in now for anybody who hasn't predicted yet.

Gonna be a great show, man. Can´t wait.

I lost track of this but have just caught up - awesome stuff! Hogan and Jindrak are probably following this and wishing they had writers like you giving them lines. :)

Da Man Bill Goldberg vs Bret The Hitman Hart in a number one contenders match. The winner faces Sting at Starrcade for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship - Goldberg vs Sting seems more money.

WCW owners Chris Jericho and The Giant VS The Untouchable Icon Sting and The King Of Controversy Jeff Jarrett in a steel cage match - This seems to have further to go if the Untouchables win.

The Immortal Hulk Hogan VS The Nature Boy Ric Flair. If Hogan wins, he gets a new WCW contract. - I think Hogan loses here, but comes back in a few months time as a manager/commentator/personality.

The Master of The Universe Sid Vicious and Chris Kanyon vs Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner and The DFG Rick Steiner. - Steiners' greater tag experience takes it.

Macho Madness Randy Savage VS Chris Candido - This feud has legs in it yet, especially if Candido has Elizabeth.

Rey Mysterio Jnr vs Chavo Guerrero Jnr for The Cruiserweight Title - Screw Chavo!

The Wayward Sons VS Shane Douglas and Billy Kidman VS Team Electric Boogaloo VS The Icemen in a four team Mayhem Match. The winner gets a shot at Harlem Heat for the World Tag Team Titles at Starrcade - I'm becoming a TEB mark!

Diamond Dallas Page VS Chris Benoit - Feel the Bang!

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>"Tonight is all about The Untouchables"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight is about taking back control"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight I keep my promises"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight's the night for Controversy!"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight is about more than business, Tonight's personal"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight is about being professional and getting it done in the ring!"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight I bring the title home."</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight I come home and end a career!"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight I start again Brother."</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight is about showing we belong"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight we must put our differences aside"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight we make a difference"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight is a night for vengeance!"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight I do the unthinkable"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight I achieve the unimaginable"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight I witness the impossible"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight is about madness"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight is my night to shine!"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight is gonna go off with a bang!"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"Tonight is my night"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"My Night"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"It's MY night"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

"It's our night"</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

</em><em><strong>"Tonight...There Will Be Mayhem!"</strong></em></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm445/SJ_GDS/mayhem.jpg</span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

Just a tiny taster of whats to come! Show will hopefully be up by the end of the week. Sorry for the lack of updates!</p>

It's Sunday Night.

It's Live.

It's WCW Mayhem and it's only on PPV

Live from the Fleet Center in Boston, and brought to you in association with Valvoline motor oil. The number one choice for ASE certified master technicians.

The show opens with an extravagant and opulent firework display, all centred around the expensively crafted entrance area.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Tony_Schiavone.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Bobby_Heenan.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/thMike_Tenay2.jpg

SCHIAVONE- Twenty six thousand, four hundred and ninety eight rabid WCW fans are jam packed inside the hallowed Fleet Centre for WCW Mayhem! A night where the road to Starrcade gets all the clearer as we determine just who will challenge Sting for the WCW world heavyweight title in a months time.

TENAY- Bret Hart and Bill Goldberg have been on a collision course for weeks, only tempered by the ongoing antics of The Untouchables and their apparent disdain for both contenders. Well tonight is the night that they finally clash, tonight they put all other distractions to one side. Tonight is about their individual crusades for glory.

HEENAN- Oh boy, when you talk about The Untouchables it gives me goosebumps guys, because tonight Sting and Jeff Jarrett finally get their hands on Jericho and The Giant, and everything's legal inside that steel cage!

SCHIAVONE- Thankyou for joining us wherever you are tonight, we're live all over the USA, England, and Japan for this blockbuster night of professional wrestling. And it all starts with a rematch from last months Halloween Havoc. Chavo Guerrero Jnr once again challenges for the Cruiserweight title, but this time there is a little added spice to the encounter.

A short video plays, building up the ongoing fued between the two latino stars. We see the victory by Rey Rey last month, and Chavo's insistence that he knows a terrible secret about the cruiserweight champion.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Rey_Mysterio15.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Chavo_Guerrero8.jpg

Before the match can begin, Chavo grabs a microphone.

CHAVO- Ok, Rey, you've proved your point. You've proved to the world last month and this week on Nitro, that you are without a doubt one of the best in the world essa. There is no shame in lying down tonight Rey Rey. These people wont think any less of you when you let me pin you, Holmes. So lets get this over with so we can move on.

Rey lies down in the ring. Chavo laughs and enters the ring...but Rey gets up and kicks him in the head! It looks like the match is on!

And what a way to start the show. Two of the greatest cruiserweights in the world at or around the peak of their physical abilities. Rey Rey already has a win in the bag which certainly must play on the mind of the challenger. He knows the champ has the ability to beat him.

With that being said, Chavo is as confident as ever once he recovers from the shock. The mind games he has been playing with Mysterio seem to have worked at least partially.

After starting at a blistering pace, Chavo begins to take more and more control and slows the matchup to a speed he is more comfortable with. A speed at which the crispness of his offence is more noticable. The pain is written all over the masked face of the champion, as Chavo continues to work over Rey's back, perhaps giving him another chance to lose the match via submission.

Rey is as resiliant as ever though, and tries everything he can to work his way back into the match. Every time it seems that Mysterio has done enough to turn the tide, Chavo is there with a counter. Perhaps Chavo really does have Mysterio's number.

Suddenly, not quite out of nowhere but close enough, Mysterio hits a huge sitout gutwrench powerbomb but is too fatigued to go for the pin. Instead, the ref begins to count both men.

Chavo begins to stir.....

Both men are to their knees...

And Mysterio breaks the count! He arm drags the onrushing Chavito, and again, and a third time. He goes for a fourth but Chavo counters into the Gory Special! Guerrero has it locked in tight! Will Mysterio finally cut his losses and give in to the excruciating pain? NO! Rey free's his hands and rolls through, pinning Chavo's shoulders to the canvas....1....2....3!

Here is your winner, and STILL WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Rey Mysterio Jnr.

TENAY- What a victory for the champion! It looked like Chavo had the match won with The Gory Special, a move perfected by Gory Guerrero Snr. way back when.

SCHIAVONE- But there's too much fight in our champion, guys! you just can't keep Mysterio down!

Rey Mysterio escapes to the safety of the ramp, celebrating with his retained title. Chavito cannot believe it! He thought he had the match won. His fury soon turns to bemusement as the machinations begin to whir in his brain.

BOBBY- I hope Rey Rey realises what he's just done! From the look on Chavo's face I think he's going to have the last laugh here. He's going to tell the secret!

Chavo exits the ring and walks towards the back, a huge grin stretched across his face.

TENAY- It looks like Chavo is going to make us wait, that is if there actually is a secret to tell!

BOBBY- Oh there's a secret all right! Chavo is a wise man, he's just biding his time guys. Wait and see!

Meanwhile, the returning Gene Okerlund is backstage with one of the competitors in tonight's main event.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Gene_Okerlund.jpg

All right! What a great way to start off Mayhem! I am of course Gene Okerlund, the man that Steve Blackman couldn't keep down! Joining me now is a man with only one thing on his mind: becoming the WCW world heavyweight champion before the end of the millennium. I am of course talking about The Hitman Bret Hart! Bret, tonight you go one on one with the man mountain known as Bill Goldberg. The winner will face Sting at Starrcade with the World Championship on the line. My question to you, Hitman, is how do you prepare for a match of this magnitude?

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Bret_Hart.jpg

In all honestly, Mean Gene, the preparation for this match has been far from perfect. Two weeks notice isn't ideal, but then again I've been studying Goldberg since he first broke onto the scene. Then when you factor in the trouble we have both had with The Untouchables you can see how our minds haven't fully been on this match tonight.

With all that said...tonight is too important, too momentous for us to put on anything less than a classic! We both know what's at stake, and I guarantee that when all is said and done, Bill Goldberg will understand just why they call me the excellence of excecution. Bill Goldberg will know that he has been in the ring the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. Bill Goldberg...win or lose...I will leave nothing in the ring in the pursuit my goal!

OKERLUND- Strong words there from Bret Hart! Bill Goldberg better watch out! Back to you guys...

But before the camera feed ends, a certain one man blackout comes into view dressed in a sharp black suit and sunglasses. He glares at Mean Gene.

OKERLUND- Hey, steady on now, fella! I don't want any trouble, I'm just doing my job!

Blackman grabs Okerlund by the throat and presses him up against the wall. Suddenly, Blackman is attacked from behind.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/thRoddy_Piper7.jpg

Its The Hotrod! Roddy Piper begins wailing on Steve Blackman with his patented punches! Eventually, Blackman gains enough ground on Piper to make a speedy exit.

BOBBY- Would you look at that! The Media Mafia strikes again! Sometimes, when I see the company I'm keeping, being a broadcast journalist makes me sick!

TENAY- Give it a rest, Brain, Blackman's had that coming to him ever since he put his hands on The Hotrod!

SCHIAVONE- Indeed he has! And if I know The Rowdy One, that aint gonna be the last he has to say on the matter! Perhaps fittingly, our next match tonight features the two wrestlers that have been taken under the wing so to speak of Roddy Piper. Mark Jindrak and Buff Bagwell of Team Electric Boogaloo would love nothing more than to get their hands on Harlem Heat, but to do it, they have to get past three very capable teams. Billy Kidman and Shane Douglas, The Wayward Sons and The Icemen all want to go to Starrcade, and to get there, they have to win The Tag Team Mayhem match. Lets head over to the ring, where Dave Penzer will explain the rules of this intriguing match.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/thDavid_Penzer.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, the following match is the Tag Team Mayhem match! In this match, all eight competitors will compete in the ring at the same time. Once one member of a team has been eliminated, either by pinfall or submission, then both members of that team will be removed from the match. The last tag team standing will get a guaranteed tag title match at Starrcade!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/BillyKidman4.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Shane_Douglas.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Elix_Skipper.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/DeanMalenko.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/EddyGuerrero.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Berlyn.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/thBuff_Bagwell.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Mark_Jindrak.jpg

As you would expect from the match rules, this one gets wild early! The chaos in the ring is hard to follow but makes for a great spectacle. Eventually, The Wayward Sons and The Icemen take it to the outside whilst TEB and Kidman and Douglas go at it in the ring.

Before long, proceedings are interrupted by two familiar faces...

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/BamBamBigelow.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Konnan.jpg

It's The Tequila Slammers! They lay waste to everybody, clearly disgruntled at their inability to participate, before making their way back through the crowd. With the damage done, it is Shane Douglas who is quickest to recover, hitting the belly to belly on Berlyn for the first elimination of the match.

Douglas celebrates the pinfall then tries to help Kidman up. Kidman, not realising what is going on, pushes Douglas away thinking he is somebody else. Douglas stumbles backwards and Dean Malenko capitalises on the miscommunication, schoolboying Douglas for the pinfall!

Shane Douglas is clearly irate with Kidman. He grabs hold of his partner and the two men go head to head. Torrie Wilson runs from the back and manages to calm her men down. She escorts them to the back as they continue to argue.

So now we are down to two teams, Team Electric Boogaloo and The Icemen. Elix and Jindrak square off as Bagwell brawls with Malenko on the outside. Eventually, Boogaloo begin to get the better of the exchange, and set Skipper up for the move we all know and love...

HEY YOU!

Marky Mark is body popping on the top rope! And here it comes, The Rocksteady Screw! 1....2.....3! Team Electric Boogaloo are going to Starrcade!

Here are your winners, Marky Mark Jindrak and B-Boy Bagwell, Team Electric Boogaloo!

After the match, TEB and The Icemen shake hands after a hard fought victory. Ringside interviewer Scott Hudson manages to get hold of the victors for a few words.

BAGWELL- First of all, I want to say thankyou to Mr Roboto and Skip Diddy Skip for taking us around the block!

JINDRAK- Yeah booiiiii! Tonight Harlem Heat, you got a look at your future. You see, me and The B-Meister are too legit to quit!

BAGWELL- And at Starrcade, we take your bling, and there aint nothing you or your wannabe gangsta Blackman can do about it!

SCHIAVONE- A great victory for Team Electric Boogaloo, a victory that takes them all the way to Starrcade. An event that is only one month away and has been a december tradition since 1986. In honour of the great spectacle, we're gonna take you back now to the very first Starrcade.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo2vZ_8U--U?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo2vZ_8U--U?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

TENAY- Wow, I remember the first Starrcade like it was yesterday! I can't believe it's been sixteen years since Flair took on Harley Race.

HEENAN- I know, you must have been in your early sixties right?

SCHIAVONE- Oh please...anyway, Starrcade isn't for another month, and two men desperate to make their mark and be a part of the card are just about ready to face each other here tonight. Chris Benoit will face an opponent hand picked by The Giant, the unpredictable Diamond Dallas Page.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Chris_Benoit.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/DDP11.jpg

In a show of begrudging respect, the two men shake hands before the match begins. We all know about the match ending capacity of their respective finishing moves, so it is little surprise that Benoit tries to apply the crossface early on. DDP just manages to escape and goes for a Diamond Cutter of his own! Benoit manages to push him off as they stand tall in the ring, stalemate reached.

What follows is an evenly balanced match, hanging on a razors edge, so easily could the momentum slip into either mans favour. Benoit seems to savour it. It is he afterall who requested the competition, and it has certainly been brought tonight.

In an ironic twist to proceedings, DDP goes for another deadly Diamond Cutter, yet it is this very move that proves his downfall. Whilst in mid air, Benoit grabs hold of DDP's arm and drives him down to the canvas, locking in The Crossface! DDP battles to free himself but the fatigue of the match is too much. DDP has no choice but to tap out!

Here is your winner, Chris Benoit!

TENAY- Well Benoit demanded competition, and I think he got it tonight! That was a victory for the crippler indeed, but one not won easily. How very different it could have been if DDP had been able to hit The Diamond Cutter.

HEENAN- Ifs and buts, Mike. The fact of the matter is Benoit was too good for DDP out there tonight.

SCHIAVONE- Lets not sell DDP short. He will be besides himself that his own finisher was used against him to such devastating effect. Coming up next, the match that I personally have been waiting for. It's time for the return of The Steiner Brothers, as they do battle with Sid Vicious and Chris Kanyon of The Untouchables. Before the match though, lets take a look at the events that have culminated in this matchup.

A video plays, going all the way back to Sids US title Victory, and Rick Steiner's insistence that he be granted a rematch. We see Sid's attack on Rick and the battles that he and various partners have had with The Steiner's. We see Rick in the hospital with Scott by his side. They agonize on the weeks of competition they have missed. It ends with Scott and Rick returning, united, on Nitro.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Scott_Steiner.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Rick_Steiner6.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Sid_Vicious.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/ChrisKanyon2.jpg

This is a momentous occasion for Rick. He demands that Scott let him start the match, and he is more than happy to oblige. On The Untouchable side, Sid forces Kanyon to start. Kanyon seems reluctant but doesn't have much choice!

Kanyon gets in Ricks face and actually slaps him! Big mistake! Rick begins to pulverise Kanyon, constantly beating him down. He hits a wicked clothesline on Kanyon, then drags him into the corner, begging Vicious to tag himself in!

Sid jumps off the ring apron, still not wanting anything to do with the fired up Steiner brother. Rick instead tags in Scott, and they begin to double team Kanyon, who hasn't had much say in the match as of yet!

With Scott on the offence, he whips Kanyon into the ropes, which somehow Kanyon manages to reverse, allowing Sid to get a cheap shot in on Steiner. Scott turns around to get even, allowing Kanyon to hit a desperation DDT. He crawls over to Sid and manages to tag him in, and finally Sid Vicious gets involved.

He is wary to keep Scott in their corner, working him over against the ring post, allowing Kanyon time to recover from his aggressive beatdown. Rick begins to get more and more agitated on the outside, desperate to get into the ring and get his hands on Sid.

Scott finally gets a tag to his brother, but thanks to the conniving of The Untouchables, it is missed by the referee who forces Rick back to the outside. In all the confusion, Kanyon brings his trusty crowbar into the ring and looks to level Scott, but Scott ducks and hits Kanyon with a huge suplex!

Scott tags in Rick who finally gets his chance to take out his vengeance on Sid! Sid is reeling from the punishment! Rick signals that it's time for the Steiner-line, rears back....AND IS SMASHED OVER THE HEAD WITH THE CROWBAR! The ref has no choice but to throw the match out!

Here are your winners, by disqualification, The Steiner Brothers!

SCHIAVONE- Can you believe that! Just as Rick Steiner was finally getting retribution for the torture he had been put through by Sid...oh come on!

In the ring, Scott Steiner tries to attack Kanyon but he is cut off at the pass by Sid. Sid forces Scott back into the ropes and traps him arm in the top ropes. With Scott incapacitated, Sid and Kanyon pick up Rick, with evil intentions on their mind. The cameraman picks up some of what Sid is saying on the ring..."...this time I'm gonna put you out for good!" Scott Steiner is made to watch on as Sid Powerbombs Rick Steiner not once, not twice, but three times. But he's not finished there. He picks him up again and grabs the crowbar...and smashes Rick in the chest. Sid looks over at Scott who is desperately trying to free himself. Sid smiles his maniacal smile and goes for a steel chair. He places it over the skull of Rick and hits a devastating leg drop on top of the chair. Seeing that Rick Steiner isn't moving, he finally decides that he has had enough, and Sid and Kanyon leave the scene of their crime as officials and EMT's rush the ring.

SCHIAVONE- In all my years as a professional wrestling commentator, I swear I have never seen an attack as cold and calculated at what we have just witnessed! This must have been the plan all along!

TENAY- Rick Steiner hasn't moved for minutes now guy. The medical team need to get him to a hospital fast. This....this is just...I don't even have the words for it.

HEENAN- It's not often I agree with you but I think The Untouchables went too far this time. I'm all for proving a point, but this crossed a line.

SCHIAVONE- I...I don't even know how we move on from that. Folks, our next match is scheduled to be Chris Candido vs Randy Savage, but obviously the medical staff are still helping Rick Steiner, so we're going to show you a video of this developing feud. We will of course let you know the status of Rick Steiner as soon as we know it.

As EMT's and a crestfallen Scott Steiner help Rick towards the back, we see a video of Chris Candido's Candido Cam and his potential target, Elizabeth. It then transitions to the kidnapping and the bizarre "Pick Your Poison" segment. Candido reminds us that if he wins, Elizabeth belongs to him.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/RandySavageWolfpac.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Chris_Candido.jpg

Elizabeth is nowhere to be seen, kept out of sight by Candido to make sure Savage doesn't try anything funny. Savage is the early aggressor, using all his experience to get the better of the young upstart Candido. It becomes clear that this is not a match based on technical holds and counter grappling. There will be no armbars here tonight, just a good old fashioned fight.

And it's a fight that the crowd want to see, getting so involved with the action. With Savage still in the ascendency, he clotheslines Candido over the top rope, when there is a surprise visitor to ringside.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Miss_Elizabeth.jpg

Elizabeth, unshackling herself from the bonds Candido has put her in, enters the ring and throws her arms around Savage. Savage embraces her as Candido tries to get back into the ring. Elizabeth screams and shouts for Savage to watch out, so he turns to face Candido...but Elizabeth low blows Randy Savage! Now Candido and Elizabeth embrace!

Candido grabs the prone Savage and hits him with The Extreme Closeup! 1...2...3!

Here is your winner, Chris Candido!

After the match, Candido and Elizabeth embrace again, and share a kiss on the ramp, as they exit the ringside area

SCHIAVONE- What the hell just happened? Why in the world would Elizabeth turn her back on Randy Savage in favour of a no good punk like Candido?

HEENAN- Hey, Candido knows what women want!

TENAY- What, being tied up and kidnapped?

HEENAN- Whatever floats your boat!

TENAY- I can't believe this was a setup all along! I thought I knew Elizabeth better than that!

SCHIAVONE- You and me both, Mike. Who would have thought that the first lady of wrestling would be so...classless? I'm getting word that Mean Gene is in the interview area backstage, with a very special guest.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Gene_Okerlund.jpg

OKERLUND- That's right guys, I'm here with a man who has done it all. He's wrestled all over the world, for all the major titles in every major promotion. Tonight, he faces his oldest foe in a match that could close the curtain on this storied career. I'm talking about The Immortal Hulk Hogan!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/aHulkHogan.jpg

HULK- Let me tell you something Mean Gene! Tonight, The Fleet Centre is packed to the rafters with thousands of Hulkamaniacs! And if there's one thing that Hulk Hogan, the Real Hulk Hogan needs to do, it's make amends with all the people who stood by my side, even when I went a little bit Hollywood, Brother!

I've climbed the mountain more than once before, Jack. I've stood at the summit and looked down at all the hungry talent chasing me to the top! Well tonight's a different scenario, dude, because tonight Hulk Hogan is at the base camp, looking up at all the early birds ahead of me! This is the last chance saloon, brother, tonight me and Ric Flair shoot it out like two crusty old gunslingers, and if I beat him, then I'm back in WCW!

So Whatchu gonna do...Ric Flair...when The Real Hulk Hogan Runs wiiiiiild.....on.....you!?

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/aHulkHogan.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/RicFlairShort.jpg

It is a testament to the talent in WCW that this match, a match with such history and magnitude, goes on third from last. Hogan comes out clad in his traditional yellow and red, as opposed to the black and white he had been wearing, a hangover to his NWO days.

You all know how this one went. An oldschool throwback maybe, but one that had the live crowd eating out of their hands. What these two may lack in flashy highspots and mobility, they more than make up for in ring craft and psychology.

Flair, to his credit, wrestled as cleanly as he could. The dirtiest player in the game promised to bring everything to Mayhem, but perhaps he left his bag of tricks at home?

As the match reached its conclusion, Hogan was in the ascendancy. He could sense the finish, just one leg drop was all it would take to end the match and regain his WCW contract.

Flair could sense it too, and it was only now that his competitive spirit kicked into top gear. He begged Hogan to back up and show him mercy, but Hogan wasn't having any of it. He advances on The Nature Boy...only for Flair to hit him with a low blow behind the referee's back!

Ric manages to turn the tide, grabbing the legs of Hogan and locking him into the figure four! This match means too much to Hogan though, who manages to reverse the hold and put the pressure on Flair. Flair comes so close to tapping out to his own signature move, but he manages to get out of it just in time, rolling Hogan up in the process. With his feet on the ropes, and a hand down his trunks, Flair just about manages to hold on for the three count!

Here is your winner, Ric Flair!

SCHIAVONE- Not like this! Not like this! I can't believe this rollercoaster of a match, with so much on the line, ended so cheaply!

TENAY- Mayhem has certainly lived up to it's name so far, guys! I honestly don't think Flair wanted to cheat though, it seems like he was running on pure instinct towards the end there.

SCHIAVONE- Maybe your right, Mike, it looks like he's only now starting to realise what he has done. A career like Hulk Hogan's doesn't deserve to end this way!

HEENAN- Flair knew exactly what he was doing! And I for one applaud him for it! The Real Hulk Hogan? Give me a break!

Hogan has his head in his hands in the ring. Flair tries to offer his apologies, but Hogan is inconsolable. Flair leaves him in the ring as the crowd get to their feet and applaud the efforts of The Hulkster. Hogan looks up at the capacity audience and acknowledges their support. He poses, one last time, for all his Hulkamaniacs, before making his way to the back.

Meanwhile, backstage, Jericho and The Giant are getting ready for their cage match with The Untouchables. Their first match in the new WCW.

SCHIAVONE- There you see them, the new owners of WCW. Chris Jericho and The Giant vowed not to return to the ring, yet here they are less than a month in, driven to drastic measures by Sting and The Untouchables.

The camera cuts to a double feature, showing Sting and Jarrett making their way towards the curtain in anticipation for the match.

TENAY- And what must be going through the minds of Sting and Jeff Jarrett, knowing that they are about to be locked inside a twenty foot high steel cage with Jericho and The Giant? All their fun and games will be for nothing once that steel door slams shut! Remember, this one is contested under escape rules, and both competitors must escape the ring to win the match.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/ChrisJericho-1.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/TheBigShow.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Sting.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/JeffJarrett6.jpg

So here it is, the re-début of both Jericho and The Giant inside a WCW Wrestling ring. The looming Steel cage dwarfs even The Giant, the sharp, unforgiving metal casting criss-cross shadows onto the canvas. They must have known there would be challenges involved with running WCW, but were they ready for the all out mutiny of The Untouchables?

Sting and Jarrett hold a conference. Whispering strategies and no doubt devious plans for the match ahead. Sting is nothing if not meticulous in his preparation, so who knows what they have in store.

Jericho and The Giant are the first to show their cards, onrushing The Untouchables and taking the fight to them. It has to be said that the heat of their venom is directed at Sting, the ringleader, the man who holds their world championship.

If Jericho and The Giant are suffering from any kind of ring rust they are hiding it well. The tempo they work at may not be conducive for a long battle, but then it looks like they plan on ending this one early and sending a message not just to The Untouchables but to the entire WCW roster.

The fizz behind their punches rattle the bones of Sting and Jarrett, their flesh pressing against the ever present steel that surrounds them. It isn't long before the structure comes into play, The Giant ramming Jarrett head first into the mesh.

Jericho tries the same with Sting, but Sting escapes and pushes Jericho right into the steel support, cracking his skull. At last, a moment to capitalise on for The Untouchables. Sting takes advantage of the unsuspecting Giant, dropkicking him in the knees, trying to take the big man down.

With Jericho still down and out, Jarrett and Sting work on immobilising The Giant. As effective as his power is, it is at least halved without a strong base, and The Untouchables realise this.

Sting turns The Giant over, and gets him in The Scorpion Lock! The Giant screams with pain, as Jarrett moves to apply the figure four on Jericho...Jarrett thinks about it...then decides it might be more in his interest to make a hasty exit!

Jarrett escapes over the top of the cage and beckons for Sting to join him. Sting is having too much fun punishing The Giant to realise though, which allows Jericho to finally make his comeback and kicks Sting in the face!

Jericho takes over on offence laying into Sting with all he has. This has effectively become a two on one match now, as Giant slowly makes his way to his feet. He is still clearly feeling the effect of The Scorpion Lock but tries to shake it off the best he can. Giant pummels Sting in the corner, laying into him with hard elbows.

Sting is on dream street, when The Giant hits him with the chokeslam. To his credit, Jarrett tries to re-enter the ring and even the numbers, but he is kept at bay by Jericho. With Sting down on the canvas, The Giant decides he has had enough and exits through the door of the cage, where he and Jarrett continue to brawl. Jericho goes to follow him, but decides he hasn't quite dished out enough punishment.

He slowly climbs to the top of the cage, signals to the crowd what he is about to attempt...JERICHO GOES FOR THE LIONSAULT FROM THE TOP....BUT STING MOVES! Oh my God! Jericho could be broken in half after that suicidal Lionsault!

Sting is the first to stir by far. He props himself up in the corner, and a sadistic smile begins to form on his face. Jericho hasn't even moved yet. Sting turns around, and it looks like he's trying to remove the turnbuckle pad...no wait a minute. Sting pulls a baseball bat out from inside the ringpost!

Meanwhile, Jarrett has blindsided The Giant, chop blocking his legs, and applies the figure four! With no chance of escape, The Giant eventually passes out from the pain, and Jarrett relinquishes the hold. Happy with his handiwork, he turns to see Sting holding the bat high.

Sting drags Jericho to his feet and props him up in the corner. BASEBALL BAT ASSISTED STINGER SPLASH! And another! Finally, Sting exits the ring, to a chorus of boo's from the rabid crowd.

Here are your winner, Sting and Jeff Jarrett, The Untouchables!

HEENAN- What a night this is turning out to be for The Untouchables! They're two for two!

SCHIVONE- Yes but at what cost? They have perhaps ended the career of Rick Steiner, taken out the owners of WCW, and further sullied their own names in controversy! I hope they are happpy!

HEENAN- Of course they're happy, moron! Can't you see them smiling?

TENAY- Sting could have simply walked out of the cage after Jericho's failed Lionsault, but he had to go one step further! Why do these so called Untouchables revel so much in pain and punishment?

SCHIAVONE- There he is, folks, your WCW World Heavyweight Champion! Take a good look at him, because I hope beyond hope that he isn't going to be holding it much longer! Will it be Bret Hart who challenges him, or Bill Goldberg? Please let it be one of them! Anybody would be a better champion than Sting!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Bill_Goldberg.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/vs_logo.gifhttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Bret_Hart.jpg

It's time for the main event of the evening. The match that will decide the main event at Starrcade. Bret makes his entrance first, stopping on the way down to ringside to give his sunglasses to an adoring fan with a Bret Hart t-shirt. The young boy is close to tears as his idol acknowledges him.

And here comes Goldberg. A knock on his dressing room door tells him it's time. The stirring, tubthumping music fills the arena as the Goldberg chants echo to his remote location. The police escort surrounds him and he slowly makes his way to the ring.

Once in the ring, Dave Penzer conducts the super serious in ring introductions. Bret offers his hand to Goldberg, but Goldberg ignores it. Tonight is about business, not making friends it seems.

Bret has faced and bested bigger than Goldberg, but has he taken on anybody with his intensity? If Bret is nervous, he certainly isn't showing it, as he goes about the match as if it where any other despite his self imposed need to win the title before the year is through.

Bret tries to outwrestle him. Goldberg afterall is more known for his power brawling than his technique. The finesse of The Hitman seems to have little effect on the big man though, failing to even take the behemoth off his feet. Bret backs off before Goldberg can take control and tries to regroup.

Perhaps he should change his strategy? Bret tries just this, ducking and weaving Goldberg, playing a more counter offensive game. This seems to piss Goldberg off more than anything!

Bret begins to formulate a plan. The more annoyed Goldberg gets, the more open he is leaving himself to more high impact manoeuvres, so the match settles into a pattern of Bret avoiding contact, then hitting Da Man with all he's got.

This works wonders, until Goldberg catches Bret with a huge clothesline. The first mistake that Bret will make in the match and one that could prove more than costly.

Goldberg shows now why he is regarded as one of the best in WCW. His raw power is scary, throwing The Hitman around the ring like a ragdoll. A scoop powerslam takes Bret down, followed by an impressively long military press.

Bret is fading and fading fast. He knows he needs something, anything, to get him back in the match. Drawing on all his experience, all his training in his fathers dungeon, and somehow manages to counter Goldbergs onslaught, hitting Da Man with an inverted atomic drop.

It stuns Goldberg, but not for long. Bret tries to keep the momentum and follows up with a Russian Legsweep, taking Goldberg crashing down to the canvas. Feeling a change in the air, Bret goes for a backbreaker, which he successfully executes.

Now up to the second rope he goes. He weighs up the distance between himself and Goldberg, and nails him with an elbow drop! The whole crowd is on it's feet as they realise what's coming next! Bret grabs the legs of Goldberg and tries to apply his patented submission...but Goldberg is still too strong!

He powers out, sending Bret flying across the ring, and tries to make his way to his feet. Bret isn't so keen to give up his momentum, so charges into Goldberg, who meets him with a huge punch. He follows it with a kick to the midsection, and another punch for good measure. He backs off into the corner, signals for the spear...and he nails it!

Only one move could possibly be on it's way...it's Jackhammer time! Goldberg gets him up...

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/JeffJarrett6.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Sid_Vicious.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/Sting.jpghttp://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/wcw/ChrisKanyon2.jpg

...but here come The Untouchables! Goldberg puts Bret down as they rush the ring, causing the referee to call for the bell! Goldberg stands up to The Untouchables but the numbers game is too much, even for a man like him. Sting and Jarrett work over Goldberg as Sid and Kanyon take potshots at the already fallen Bret Hart.

The referee has ruled this match a no contest due to interference!

SCHIAVONE- I might have known this match would end in chaos too! We need everybody out here before this gets any worse! Somebody stop this!

TENAY- The Untouchables cannot be allowed to get away with this! This match was for the number one contendership goddammit! Is nothing sacred anymore?

SCHIVONE- What a way to end a chaotic PPV. Mayhem has certainly lived up to it's ominous name! Tonight The Untouchables took things to a whole new, scary level! And the assault is continuing in the ring!

Officials, road agents, referees and security all rush to the ring but are quickly dispatched of. It seems that The Untouchables want to end things in their own time, in their own way. Finally, after several minutes, Sting halts the assault. Happy with his work, he stands in the center of the ring above the motionless bodies of Bret Hart and Bill Goldberg. In one fluid motion, every member of The Untouchables raise their hands in unison. A clear and decisive message sent to the roster. Nobody messes with The Untouchables...

Very cool show - that has to go down as one of the best I've read from any dynasty. Loved the finishes to Savage/Candido and Flair/Hogan and you're doing a much better job than the real WCW bookers were at this point - although in fairness that's hardly a great compliment!

Keep up the good work, man. :)

Very cool show - that has to go down as one of the best I've read from any dynasty. Loved the finishes to Savage/Candido and Flair/Hogan and you're doing a much better job than the real WCW bookers were at this point - although in fairness that's hardly a great compliment!

Keep up the good work, man.

Thanks Jaded. Glad you enjoyed the finishes. Not sure I agree that it was one of the best shows, as there are a lot of people who have put out consistently better shows than I! Wasn't sure how this show would go down, as there are a lot of screwy finishes and swerves, (but maybe you've all come to expect that from me!) I can say that it is all leading somewhere, and that Starrcade will certainly be a lot more definite!

aww man, almost all my picks lost... and im assuming (HOPING) for a triple threat at starcade!

Don't worry about your picks losing, I probably went against conventional wisdom in a lot of the results. Speaking of predicitons, I think it might be time to change up the prediction process somehow. Don't think the wcw points thing is really working that well. So, anybody got any suggestions for a different system?

As for the triple threat...well it's certainly a possibility, and would be logical considering what went down at Mayhem... but then when did I do the logical thing? Watch this space!

NITRO

After the chaotic events of Mayhem, Planet WCW appears to be in bad shape. Rick Steiner, so soon after returning from a serious injury, is once again unable to appear due to a beatdown orchestrated by Sid Vicious. Bret Hart and Bill Goldberg will also be missing tonight as a precautionary measure given the attack they suffered at the hands of The Untouchables. Jericho and The Giant have vowed to be at Nitro, after only getting out of the hospital themselves late last night.

What will The Owners have to say about the horrendous behaviour of Sting and The Untouchables? Have they really gone too far this time? What will they have to say with regards to the Championship match at Starrcade after the no contest at Mayhem?

Hulk Hogans WCW career may have come to an end after his loss to Ric Flair at Mayhem. The Dirtiest Player in The Game certainly didn't disappoint, pulling out all the stops to claim victory, yet he seemed to regret it instantly. Will Flair have anything to say after his cheap victory?

Chris Candido bested Randy Savage in dubious fashion, as the woman he was trying to save, Elizabeth, turned her back on her ex-husband, and embraced Candido in and outside the ring. Tonight, Candido has vowed to premier his latest, greatest Candido Cam. The Unveiling of Elizabeth. How will Savage react to the latest twist in his feud with Candido?

With so much going on, only two matches have been confirmed for Nitro. Elix Skipper must put his tag team mayhem disappointment behind him, as tonight the plucky young cruiserweight gets a shot at Rey Mysterio with the title on the line. What will Dean Malenko make of his partners opportunity? Will Chavo Guerrero get himself involved and finally reveal Mysterios secret?

The Tequila Slammers certainly made their presence felt during tag team mayhem, even though they weren't in the match! Tonight, they face the experienced duo of Jim Duggan and Brian Knobbs, team RagTag USA, in tag team competition.

Elix Skipper vs Rey Mysterio

Team RagTag USA vs The Tequila Slammers

- That crazy Chavo is going to cause a ma-hoo-sive upset and screw Rey. Or Rey will win by DQ because of it. Either way, CHAVO!

- Because I can't go against RagTag. You could stick any other name on the other side of this match, and I'd still back Team RagTag. They need lots and lots of titles. Have them win the Cruiser Tag Titles; that's gold, right there.

Should be a pretty nice little match.

Two teams I really don't care too much about... oh well.

I feel bad... I thought Chavo was the champ going in, not Rey >_>

You really should watch out for yourself with the Candido/Liz/Macho stuff now... WCW is starting to make sense! This is whole new territory!

The Hogan angle is getting interesting. While I applaud you for the Flair victory, something just tells me that this isn't over yet. And really it shouldn't be, Hogan's "final WCW match" really should be a loss to a young guy who can be insanely put over by it.

And hey, go Scott Steiner! Now that he's gonna be rid of that monkey on his back for a little while, the way it looks.

Nothing bad to say about really, it was a solid ppv. Not a huge fan of the non-finish in the main event being the ending of the show, but I'm sure you have plans coming off of that.

Archived