Necessary Tweaks (In Your Opinion)

Certainly, from playing the demo, we've probably all come across some things that may need to be modified in future game simply for the sake of common sense.

For example, has anyone tried to book a ZEN show? With the match length settings (6/9/14 minutes), show lengths (2 hours), and roster/company size (small), it's pretty much impossible to run a show that doesn't feature incredibly lengthy promos for the sake of filling time, unfavorably bloated match lengths, and pretty much universal use of the roster! I ended up with a main event running over 20 minutes!!!

I'd recommend shortening the shows to an hour-thirty and extending matches by a few minutes (8/12/16 might be enough).

Another thing that has annoyed me that has carried over from 08 is that some gimmicks inherent to the image of various characters don't fit them. For example, both in 08 and 10, Fumihiro Ota doesn't work with a Ninja gimmick!

So, what have you noticed, at least in your opinion, having to change from whatever its default is to succeed?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you click on the shortlist the overall stats (Rumble, Technical, Performance, etc) are dispositioned to if you click on your roster screen. Also, On BJ O'Neill's bio on her profile, it says she now manages Valiant, but she actually manages American Machine. Minor, but yeah.

In 21CW Stevie Stoat starts with the Machine gimmick.

Makes sense, but its got a C- rating, he has a C for Legitimate rating, and the suitability button removess ALL other legitimate gimmicks.

Doesnt leave a lot of room to manoeuvre apart from an edit or time off screen

I'd recommend shortening the shows to an hour-thirty and extending matches by a few minutes (8/12/16 might be enough).

Another thing that has annoyed me that has carried over from 08 is that some gimmicks inherent to the image of various characters don't fit them. For example, both in 08 and 10, Fumihiro Ota doesn't work with a Ninja gimmick!

I thought that the expected match lengths were only used for booking by the AI? They are good as a rough guide but as far as I know they are not restrictive to the player. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, of course, by no means am I an expert but I thought I'd try and help. You've only got about 200x the number of posts as I have!

As for Fumihiro Ota, his default gimmicks are both set as ninja so if you hire him somewhere new he would be a ninja. It was the same for 08 as well.

If you click on the shortlist the overall stats (Rumble, Technical, Performance, etc) are dispositioned to if you click on your roster screen.

Even more confusing, it doesn`t include momentum, which is the most important information for me.

I still have to click on roster, then roster overview to find it.

:(

Ideally, the whole roster overview should be implemented directly on the booking screen in a scroll bar, without the need to click anything at all, in my humble opinion, but that is another story.

Even more confusing, it doesn`t include momentum, which is the most important information for me.

I still have to click on roster, then roster overview to find it.

:(

Ideally, the whole roster overview should be implemented directly on the booking screen in a scroll bar, without the need to click anything at all, in my humble opinion, but that is another story.

Momentum is written in the lower of the two text boxes.

It isn't included in the shortlist as it wouldn't make any sense, it's promotion-specific so what they have elsewhere is meaningless to your company.

I already made a post about it in teh initial discussion thread but I think the salary cap makes not much sense. I started a game with USPW and tested whether I could extend the contracts of their stars if they were to expire soon and the reality is that I couldnt. Sam Strong wouldnt let me offer them anywhere near the money which he gave them to sign them in the first place.

I don't understand the whole concept of the salary cap anyway. If I overspend on contracts and the company goes broke I fail anyway. So there is in a way a more natural salary cap at work anyways so what is the additional salary cap as given by the owner important? I wish it could be disabled like owner goals.

Momentum is written in the lower of the two text boxes.

It isn't included in the shortlist as it wouldn't make any sense, it's promotion-specific so what they have elsewhere is meaningless to your company.

I´m sorry for the confusion, my bad. I`ve misread the quoted post.

I didn`t mean the shortlist, I meant the booking screen.

There is a new "roster overview" button, which is great, but it lacks the momentum stat, and the stats there are also dispositioned to the old one on the "roster" page.

Anyway, I found the momentum on the "Analysis" page, so I`m almost happy.

Not to nitpick, but I think it would be better if they´d be sorted by push instead of name, by default, since the push is also important if you want to manage the momentum of your roster, and it can vary quite frequently from week to week in smaller feds.

I can sort it by push, but that´s another click, so I could just go to the "roster" page and view the momentum there, plus I can get all the skill informations there, too.

Come to think of it, it might be best to put already found ring-chemistry and the momentum overview (and ideally a "match history overview", which shows you match pairings you can´t use anymore without penalties, even though I guess that´s too much to ask) on the same page, since that´s another important information for me, basically before every match I book.

That´s what happens to you if you play ROF until 2015 and you are stuck on "Cult". :o

It´s so crucial to not screw up the momentum of your main eventers and upper midcarders, but the roster is simply too big to keep all the chemistry in the back of your head.

So, I think while TEW10 is no doubt an improvement over 08 in that regard, it still hasn´t found the ideal solution for the booking screen.

Just my 2 cents...

Certainly, from playing the demo, we've probably all come across some things that may need to be modified in future game simply for the sake of common sense.

For example, has anyone tried to book a ZEN show? With the match length settings (6/9/14 minutes), show lengths (2 hours), and roster/company size (small), it's pretty much impossible to run a show that doesn't feature incredibly lengthy promos for the sake of filling time, unfavorably bloated match lengths, and pretty much universal use of the roster! I ended up with a main event running over 20 minutes!!!

So, what have you noticed, at least in your opinion, having to change from whatever its default is to succeed?

The recommended match times are for the AI. You do not have to adhere to them. When booking, use the Dirt Sheet and pay attention to the notes you get about whether the match is too long, too short, etc.

As for gimmicks, I honeslty don't believe every gimmick being used to start with should suit the worker. How many wrestlers spend their career going through gimmick after gimmick because they never find one that really suits them? Or who stick with one even if it doesn't really work? So having someone like Ota who uses a Ninja gimmick even if it doesn't suit him quite right isn't wrong to me - its realistic.

People look at the CV as everything should be perfect. It shouldn't be. Reality isnt' perfect.

He has one as American Optimus. I don't count his default picture as a mask...it's not really hiding anything but his mouth.

Oh yeah, I guess have should have added that I saw that you updated his BHOTWG profile by adding the American Optimus mask. :o

Thanks for clarifying the ruling on Black Eagle's "half mask." Good to know.

You know you can do that yourself, didn't you, or am I missing your point?

I know you can edit it.

As for Fumihiro Ota, his default gimmicks are both set as ninja so if you hire him somewhere new he would be a ninja. It was the same for 08 as well.

Well, yea. What's your point?

As for gimmicks, I honestly don't believe every gimmick being used to start with should suit the worker. How many wrestlers spend their career going through gimmick after gimmick because they never find one that really suits them? Or who stick with one even if it doesn't really work? So having someone like Ota who uses a Ninja gimmick even if it doesn't suit him quite right isn't wrong to me - its realistic.

People look at the CV as everything should be perfect. It shouldn't be. Reality isnt' perfect.

But, the thing is, Ota's only image is clearly of him as a ninja. His style fits that of a ninja. Frankly, if you're going to pigeonhole a character into a gimmick, it'd make sense for it to work at least initially. This issue would easily be subverted if there was an alternate image for Ota. But basically saying "this guy is a Ninja 4 Life" and giving no alternatives that aren't counter-intuitive and having it not fit isn't realistic, it's just disappointing.

Can you see someone running around in his attire doing any better with a non-ninja gimmick that isn't basically a more vague description of a ninja? (I normally end up giving him "Evil Doer".)

If you're going to pressure the user to use a different gimmick, don't simultaneously pressure them to suspend disbelief. I call for an official non-ninja image of Ota (and for all other workers with pigeonholing gimmick-images that miraculously don't work, which seems to be about 1/3 of them).

I was a little disappointed that the graphics and layout are the same as 2008. I figured, there's so many graphic artist around here there would be something new to look at. A different button layout or menu system would have been refreshing as well. The game seemed to progress so well, I don't get why the graphics didn't.

That's it really.

I was a little disappointed that the graphics and layout are the same as 2008. I figured, there's so many graphic artist around here there would be something new to look at. A different button layout or menu system would have been refreshing as well. The game seemed to progress so well, I don't get why the graphics didn't.

That's it really.

I've been waiting on that response. Basically, we lost two graphic artists in the 6 weeks running up to release. Given that this time period consisted of Christmas and New Year it was assumed (for a while) that people were just busy... but they didn't return in time and a new graphics guy was brought in last minute to finish up the remaining graphics. We only got the last bits done a couple of days before the demo came out, it was pretty close to the wire.

We had so many plans for more stuff too... sadly it was not to be. :( But with so many great artists on the forums (as you said), there will be dozens of skins and new graphics packs out soon enough that will more than make up for that. This makes me happy. :D

Was the typo topic deleted or locked? :confused:

Anyway, WEXXV has stable named "The New Dawn" but in the bio of it says "F.E.A.R. was formed in 2008 by Senmatsu, Nagahama and Morioka, who at the time were all champions in WEXXV. Their alliance has continued even after losing the belts."

Archived