Promotions with out events

Promotions with out events  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Promotions with out events

• Yes
    • No

I know its good because it allows for individual creativity and freedom but those could always be changed to suit you're liking. Now that there are official logos for PPV's being made and as part of the game; do you think the other promotions should be fleshed out with some pre-existing events/ppv's as well?

My vote is for yes

I voted yes but every promotion has events whether it is a weekly show in a backyard or a monthly global PPV so I am a bit confused by what you mean. Do you just mean the graphics?

Usually he doesn't know what he means. He just makes nonsensical posts and hopes people understand him before roughly two or three replies later he admits he's not even sure what he meant.

I voted yes but every promotion has events whether it is a weekly show in a backyard or a monthly global PPV so I am a bit confused by what you mean. Do you just mean the graphics?

both events and graphics. Not every promotion has events when you load them up.

Usually he doesn't know what he means. He just makes nonsensical posts and hopes people understand him before roughly two or three replies later he admits he's not even sure what he meant.

Wrong again I believe you have me confused with another user on this forum who has wrestling as the first part of his name. Please post a link where i have admitted that i didn't know what i was talking about.

To name a few:

5S

BOSC

BCG

BPW

CWWF

CWW

CILL

PSW

MHW

Should I go through the rest of the promotions?

I have no problem with BSC being without pre-existing event names, so 'No', I don't think it's a necessity. On the whole, I think indy promotions giving their shows names ("IWA-MS The Final Reckoning" for made-up example) is incredibly cheesy.

Ultimately, giving every promotion pre-set events is a bad idea. That would then lock that promotion into always running shows at the same time every year, which would be the same in EVERY game making the entire gameworld very predictable and bland. As one of the top promotions you'd be unlikely to notice any effects, but as a small promotion every game would have the same days available to run shows all the time... part of the fun is the variety and randomness of each new game and the conflicting schedules that can be created in each game. Removing that element of randomness completely by assigning shows to everyone would not be fun OR interesting.

both events and graphics. Not every promotion has events when you load them up.

Wrong again I believe you have me confused with another user on this forum who has wrestling as the first part of his name. Please post a link where i have admitted that i didn't know what i was talking about.

To name a few:

5S

BOSC

BCG

BPW

CWWF

CWW

CILL

PSW

MHW

Should I go through the rest of the promotions?

ROF too.

Yes...

So long as we use my names for EWA's events.

That was going to be one suggestion either have the names be chosen from the most popular diary of a promotion or...

It'd be nice if you could at least see a naming convention. What I end up doing is running one game so the AI sims out the names and then another game where I use it.

There should be a "random event name" generator button!

Have it done through the forums. Where people can submit names which are then voted on and the 12 with the most votes are used for the data.

Ultimately, giving every promotion pre-set events is a bad idea. That would then lock that promotion into always running shows at the same time every year, which would be the same in EVERY game making the entire gameworld very predictable and bland. As one of the top promotions you'd be unlikely to notice any effects, but as a small promotion every game would have the same days available to run shows all the time... part of the fun is the variety and randomness of each new game and the conflicting schedules that can be created in each game. Removing that element of randomness completely by assigning shows to everyone would not be fun OR interesting.

This is exactly why most smaller promotions don't have them, and why it is unlikely to change.

This is exactly why most smaller promotions don't have them, and why it is unlikely to change.

I didn't consider the randomness effect. When setting up promotions and what not via coding there isn't a way to have pre determined events with out telling it when to run the event?

It'd be nice if you could at least see a naming convention. What I end up doing is running one game so the AI sims out the names and then another game where I use it.

we should have access to the database the AI use for teams and events IMO

If those lists were made editable you'd either:

A - have to simplify them, losing all the subtle checks that are in place to keep unsuitable names out of the mix

or

B - keep all the subtle checks courtesy of a very detailed editor, and have a bump in loading times due to having to check a big file every time a tag team is generated

I personally don't like either option, I think the current system is better.

If those lists were made editable you'd either:

A - have to simplify them, losing all the subtle checks that are in place to keep unsuitable names out of the mix

or

B - keep all the subtle checks courtesy of a very detailed editor, and have a bump in loading times due to having to check a big file every time a tag team is generated

I personally don't like either option, I think the current system is better.

I couldn't care less if the lists are editable, I'd just like to be able to see the lists of names. I still have a copy of EWR on my computer for that very reason.

Archived