What kind've user character do you use?

So everyone, what kind've user character do you guys use? Do you use him as an Authority Figure? Main event wrestler? Announcer? Etc?

I find myself "cheating" when I play the smaller promotions, as I tend to make myself fairly talented in-ring, and have main event level overness for the level my promotion starts at. Usually I end up being the top-worker in my promotion.

Other times, especially if I'm a bigger promotion, I make myself a semi-decent announcer/colour commentator, and then use myself as part of a three-man team. I did this, and I found that after 2 months playing my national fed, my F popularity was at a C+, I guess people were talking about me on them internet forums after my national TV exposure? :cool:

"Man, you hear that new play-by-play guy they got? He's OK, but he's no Michael Cole!" :p

I'm going to also assume a lot of people don't even use their user character on-screen.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My user character is often jacked. I use him onscreen as a backstage interviewer and jack of (most) trades. 82 psychology, 44 refereeing, high entertainment skills, usually little to no announcing though. Onscreen, he's the owner and appoints GMs but for the obvious reasons I can't use him in-ring (nor would I want to).

I make my user character as some sort of resemblance to my real personality. I have skills for announcing table and refereeing, due to my real life "jobs". I can fill in for those roles if needed for the promotions sake. But I make my character to have solid, but unspectacular in-ring skills, and I end up being a low on the card putting over other talent and being a partner for some other young talent.

I never like the idea of the user character been in the game world as a physical player... but i cope with it.

That said i hate seeing someone in a 'personality' slot since i rarely use them for anything, so i tend to end up setting my user character to be a road agent of around B- ability, no other talents, no intention to ever have them on screen...

I ushaly use the Grand Avatar as my basis and re-name him Marlin Artis (Altho im pretty sure the Grand Avatar is actualy richard eisen anyway... just read richards bio and then avatars... makes sense to me that eisen's out their giving the industry a shot in the arm :p).

I usually try to create an Avatar more or less similar to myself: no way to be a wrestler, I can be an announcer, back stage interwiewer, manager or at least Authority figure.... I mean I put some quite good skills in acting, mic skills, announcing, but never higher than 60% (i.e. mic skills 50%, announcing 45%, acting 60%..).

I never like the idea of the user character been in the game world as a physical player... but i cope with it.

Why? I don't see how it's realistic for the player character to be completely disconnected from the rest of the game world, when the equivalent characters in every other company are capable of interacting with teh game world in a similar way to the Avatar.

Right now, I'm just testing out features and such, so I'm using Kate Avatar by default. When the full game is released, I'll probably adopt my TEW08 approach of creating and tweaking a variety of well-suited and vaguely realistic avatars that I can choose from to suit whatever game I'm running.

I've never had a wrestler as a user character. I'll give them decent entertainment skills in case I ever need somebody to make a one time appearance in a storyline(lawer, board representative, plant in the crowd), but that's it. In a smaller promotion they might fill in on commentary if I don't have anybody better.

Nothing. I rarely do anything with a user character and usually just think of myself as a guy who hangs around backstage booking the basics but not getting too involved like a road agent.

I think having a super awesome user character kind of defeats the purpose. The few times I have had a user character do anything I've made him be a crappy worker who I push above more talented people just to see what it's like to be a selfish moron.

well i ofton use wrestlers as my user character, i come from roleplaying games and just being (like) a npc and dont do that much is kinda boring to me. having a wrestler who can train younger and less talented workers or support others by being in a tag team with them is so much more fun. but hey everyone plays this game differently.

Why? *snip*

Why?...

*snip* I think having a super awesome user character kind of defeats the purpose. The few times I have had a user character do anything I've made him be a crappy worker who I push above more talented people just to see what it's like to be a selfish moron.

This.

It in my own mind unbalance's the 'natural' unfolding of the universe to super impose my own ego into the mix, thats why if i do anything its a backstage strictly off air and medioca at best road agent and not a worker or on screen talent of any kind... Thats just my play style, for reason's that suit me... in a thread asking what people personaly do and perhaps why... it dosnt make my way any more right than your way , just happens to be the way i do it and the reason behind it.

I always do one of two things. I either make myself as an awesome jack of all trades, who can fill in any position needed, this includes excellent inring skills but zero popularity.

Or I choose a character, usually Phil Vibert, Nemesis, or on one occasion Big Smack Scott, delete them from the regular database and make them as the user character, with all stats the same. That way it just plays out as though that character is the head booker.

*snip*

Or I choose a character, usually Phil Vibert, Nemesis, or on one occasion Big Smack Scott, delete them from the regular database and make them as the user character, with all stats the same. That way it just plays out as though that character is the head booker.

Now this i like. I had not done this myself but it makes more sense to me than adding an unknown entity into the game world.

Why?...

This.

It in my own mind unbalance's the 'natural' unfolding of the universe to super impose my own ego into the mix, thats why if i do anything its a backstage strictly off air and medioca at best road agent and not a worker or on screen talent of any kind... Thats just my play style, for reason's that suit me... in a thread asking what people personaly do and perhaps why... it dosnt make my way any more right than your way , just happens to be the way i do it and the reason behind it.

This (but with less bold and underlining aesthetics :p).

Archived