TEW 2010 Kamchatka's Logo Thread

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this today in the suggestions thread and it reminded me this was something Ive been intending to do. For now its going to be just the website part of the skin but I figure I'll likely end up doing the whole wangdoodle.

Anyway heres a first attempt for people to comment on and give feedback..

(If anyones got any good suggestions for the tagline I'm all ears, the current one is pretty generic I'll admit)

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/website.jpg

Holly Smokes, that's frakkin' incredible!!!! It'd be my skin of choice for sure, (though I'd very much want to see some default worker, network and all images made to suit it - the no_logo images in the graphics file I mean). That'd be epic.

Fantastic work, I loves it.

TEW: Pro-Wrestling Re-Defined.

:cool:

What can I add that hasn't already been said? It looks amazing and would love to see a full skin of this myself.

Holly Smokes, that's frakkin' incredible!!!! It'd be my skin of choice for sure, (though I'd very much want to see some default worker, network and all images made to suit it - the no_logo images in the graphics file I mean). That'd be epic.

I second the matching no_logo, no_picture, etc. graphics for this skin too. That would be icing on the cake.

Absolutely fantastic. From the change in colour which indicates the page you are on to the page titles I think you've achieved a clean, consistent look that isn't a million miles away from the original, but gives it a more modern feel.

In fact, my one and only problem is that the rest of the pages haven't been done yet. :D

Absolutely fantastic. From the change in colour which indicates the page you are on to the page titles I think you've achieved a clean, consistent look that isn't a million miles away from the original, but gives it a more modern feel.

In fact, my one and only problem is that the rest of the pages haven't been done yet. :D

My reaction is the exact same, it's brillant...therefore I MUST HAVE MMMMMMMMOAAAAAAARR

But seriously though, If you've the chance to do the other screen I'd be so grateful, I F'N hate the gaudy blue of the default skin...it's way too cartoony and often creates a discourse with the vibes of the companies in the game.

When this gets completed this will be the perfect accompanyment to the grunge skin. Grungy grunge from StudioStu when I'm in that mood, and a modern, professional look from Kam when I'm in the other mood.

Default blue and yellow skin begone!

Kam, I like that skin, but (in the spirit of feedback), I have one suggestion...

could you make that bg pattern go from circles to (herp-a-derp) the oft-overused hexagons?

I'd been considering it yeah, the circles dont quite pull off metal grating unless its smaller and more of them it seems.

On the note of making the rest of the skin.. I'm sitting at a large crossroads design wise and wondering what sort of thing people are wanting.

I understand keeping things darkish is a good plan as its got to be a screen that people are comfortable to look at for long periods of time without eye strain, especially with different screens flicking back and forth. I guess the white text also dictates this.

My gut instinct is that it should feel somewhat like you're accessing a modern computer screen. Sort of an updated version of the laptop in in Jagged Alliance to some degree. However this all being said I'm not planning on reinventing the wheel here. Much like the website stuff I dont want to stray too far from the gate.

Anyway here's where I'm at right now. Feel free to tear them to pieces, I'm not sold on either of them myself.

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/background-1.jpg

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/control_room.jpg

I'd been considering it yeah, the circles dont quite pull off metal grating unless its smaller and more of them it seems.

On the note of making the rest of the skin.. I'm sitting at a large crossroads design wise and wondering what sort of thing people are wanting.

I understand keeping things darkish is a good plan as its got to be a screen that people are comfortable to look at for long periods of time without eye strain, especially with different screens flicking back and forth. I guess the white text also dictates this.

My gut instinct is that it should feel somewhat like you're accessing a modern computer screen. Sort of an updated version of the laptop in in Jagged Alliance to some degree. However this all being said I'm not planning on reinventing the wheel here. Much like the website stuff I dont want to stray too far from the gate.

Anyway here's where I'm at right now. Feel free to tear them to pieces, I'm not sold on either of them myself.

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/background-1.jpg

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/control_room.jpg

I like the window a lot, but I'm not sure the blue background behind it in the control room picture fits too well. I can't quite put my finger on why - I think it might be the dots - but something looks a little off. As I said - the window itself is fantastic and the blue background on its own is great. :)

I'm not sure the blue background behind it in the control room picture fits too well. I can't quite put my finger on why - I think it might be the dots - but something looks a little off. As I said - the window itself is fantastic and the blue background on its own is great. :)

Ah well then the trouble there will be that the blue background is never on its own really. I dont actually know when the blank background gets used at all.

I'll give it a chance to redeem itself by trying it out on a different page where it's not giving up so much space to another window.

I'm really liking what you've done with the creative screen, but the control room just isn't doing it for me.

I think it's partly because I've never really liked the default setup of how there's four-quadrants but two of them have a ton of dead space in it, weighting it to the left. Of course, this can't really be avoided, but I'm wondering if it could be made less noticeable (e.g., smaller quadrants, some subtle background work to "fill in" the space around the buttons, or something else altogether)?

And while I get that the embossing is what we're used to with this screen, it's always been a little design-cheese, and I'd love to see you break the mould here (for the quadrants that is - how you've got it around the buttons and text areas on the creative screen works well)