Official NFL Discussion Thread

Stennick

I dont think the Saints get back to the Super Bowl this coming season.

Probably either the Packers or Cowboys. Vikings have a legit shot as well if Favre comes back. And he probably will.

I agree on the Packers. Still a bit unclear how their defense had a complete meltdown against the Cards in the playoffs but the talent is there.

I just dont think the Cowboys are tough enough. The NFC East was so bad last year on defense and Im not sure that any of the teams have improved much in that area.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5227459

Wow, well if first is if the Raiders win this it could open a huge can of worms for other big signing flops. Personally I don't think Raiders should will for the simple fact they were the ones who gave him the money. Unlike past events like this (Vick, Charles Rogers) Russell never did anything that prevented him from playing. He was just overrated and the Raiders bit on him to turnaround the franchise.

Yeah I hope the Raiders do not win this either. Just because it will have huge implications not just in the NFL but in all major sports. I am sure the Yankees wanted their money back in regards to Brien Taylor.

Lol, it would be huge. It pretty much would hold the players accountable for not living up to the contract. You could say many people like Carl Pavano and the Yanks.

List that comes to mind.

Ryan Leaf; Chargers

Akili Smith; Bengals

Cade McNown; Bears

Shawn Andrews; Eagles

Pat Burrell; Rays

Javon Walker; Raiders (though I have heard he offered to payback some of his contract)

Grant Hill; Magic (barely played)

Anyone; Knicks

Asian Guy Iwega; Yanks

Anyone else who got a fat contract and never lived up to it. Also, if Raiders won what effect would it have on the labor talks. Players would be piss and the owners would have some leverage when talking about the skyrocketing salaries.

I hope the Raiders don't win, because I do believe Owners should be held accountable (like I said), but this could be huge.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5227459

Wow, well if first is if the Raiders win this it could open a huge can of worms for other big signing flops. Personally I don't think Raiders should will for the simple fact they were the ones who gave him the money. Unlike past events like this (Vick, Charles Rogers) Russell never did anything that prevented him from playing. He was just overrated and the Raiders bit on him to turnaround the franchise.

And this is why the Raiders are going to suck for years. They have lost all respect from the players union.

Lol, it would be huge. It pretty much would hold the players accountable for not living up to the contract. You could say many people like Carl Pavano and the Yanks.

List that comes to mind.

Ryan Leaf; Chargers

Akili Smith; Bengals

Cade McNown; Bears

Shawn Andrews; Eagles

Pat Burrell; Rays

Javon Walker; Raiders (though I have heard he offered to payback some of his contract)

Grant Hill; Magic (barely played)

Anyone; Knicks

Asian Guy Iwega; Yanks

Anyone else who got a fat contract and never lived up to it. Also, if Raiders won what effect would it have on the labor talks. Players would be piss and the owners would have some leverage when talking about the skyrocketing salaries.

I hope the Raiders don't win, because I do believe Owners should be held accountable (like I said), but this could be huge.

The Raiders shouldn't win as you said. Besides, there's nothing that FORCES teams to give guaranteed money. Every team in every sport could give contracts based on incentives if they wanted.

The Raiders shouldn't win as you said. Besides, there's nothing that FORCES teams to give guaranteed money. Every team in every sport could give contracts based on incentives if they wanted.

lol I could just see there opening statement from the raiders.

Today we are here to have something returned to al Davis. Mr Davis feels that he offer Mr Russell love, loyalty, and a boat load of money and all he wanted in return was a championship or 6. Mr Davis feels like he is entitled 10 million dollar he gave Mr Russell after he willingly opened a 24/7 all you can eat restaurant for Mr Russell. When Mr Davis foolishly looked at combine records instead of game footage, he believed he was getting a franchise qb. instead Mr Russell turned out to be the fattest cheerleader on the sideline who could win any hotdog eating contest against any member of the offensive line

Lol

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets Get Ready To Rumble!

Pffft he's scared of me. :D

Also, it's because most of the reasons those products get banned is because they have an ingredient in them that mask steroids

Yes this is true.

What gets me is they know there going to get busted.

Why throw there lives away. I mean seriously there in the NFL because they love the game. There lifestyle is fantastic. I mean traveling sucks but whatever. All these sports players you see on the news shooting people. Raping women, killing dogs, killing other people, shooting themselves. I just don't get it.

Pffft he's scared of me. :D

Yes this is true.

What gets me is they know there going to get busted.

Why throw there lives away. I mean seriously there in the NFL because they love the game. There lifestyle is fantastic. I mean traveling sucks but whatever. All these sports players you see on the news shooting people. Raping women, killing dogs, killing other people, shooting themselves. I just don't get it.

They do stupid things because either A) they think they won't be caught or B) pressure.

to you and I they are dumb for this, because they make all of this money and are famous. To them they barely know who to trust (with all the money), they have all this money and make poor choices with it (Vick) and the pressure makes them crack.

They do stupid things because either A) they think they won't be caught or B) pressure.

to you and I they are dumb for this, because they make all of this money and are famous. To them they barely know who to trust (with all the money), they have all this money and make poor choices with it (Vick) and the pressure makes them crack.

I'd say LenDale had some pressure on his shoulders. CJ comes into the Titans his rookie year and they split the carries down the middle - thunder and lightning worked pretty well. We made the playoffs and had a pimpin' record (13-3). So 2009 starts and CJ gets 99.9% of the carries. CJ had a hell of a year and now he wants a new contract. The Titans shot themselves in the foot by putting all the weight on CJ and basically (by not using him throughout '09) telling LenDale he isn't good enough.

The guy had FIFTEEN rushing TDs in '08... sure, they almost all came from inside the red zone, but who cares? Last year he looked like he was in amazing shape (on the sidelines). He lost a ton of pounds and was in better shape than he had been at USC... and we use him for SIXTY-FOUR carries. Yes, 64-carries for a guy who came into the league and had a 300+ carry, 1,000 yard rushing season in his 2nd year. We made the playoffs TWICE with LenDale White carrying the football - '07 with Chris Brown and '08 with CJ. It's awesome that CJ rushed for 2,006 yards this past season... but we DIDN'T make the playoffs.

I've read stories of the guy being lazy during practice and that he always has trouble in the off-season, but shouldn't the Titans help the guy out instead of trading him? Seahawks knew about the suspension when they traded for him, so the suspension truly has nothing to do with him being released from what I read. Looks like a statement from Pete Carroll - "I'm not messin' around here. I don't care if you played for me in HS, college, or pee-wees. Anybody can get cut or released."

I just hope LenDale doesn't get a bad reputation because of the suspension - he still has some yards in him.

LenDale has had a rep as a lazy POS since his USC days. If anything , the fact he took this supplement is probably more effort than what most people expect of him.

And - not to beat a dead horse - but maybe trading picks to aquire a guy that you KNEW had a reputation as being a scumbad AND was about to be suspended.

Maybe Pete coulda thought that through more.

Dear MLT April Fools day was last month if you want to make jokes that was the time to do it........k thanks :D

Yeah well Halloween is in October so your mask...Nevermind....just STFU. :D:p

I'd say LenDale had some pressure on his shoulders. CJ comes into the Titans his rookie year and they split the carries down the middle - thunder and lightning worked pretty well. We made the playoffs and had a pimpin' record (13-3). So 2009 starts and CJ gets 99.9% of the carries. CJ had a hell of a year and now he wants a new contract. The Titans shot themselves in the foot by putting all the weight on CJ and basically (by not using him throughout '09) telling LenDale he isn't good enough.

The guy had FIFTEEN rushing TDs in '08... sure, they almost all came from inside the red zone, but who cares? Last year he looked like he was in amazing shape (on the sidelines). He lost a ton of pounds and was in better shape than he had been at USC... and we use him for SIXTY-FOUR carries. Yes, 64-carries for a guy who came into the league and had a 300+ carry, 1,000 yard rushing season in his 2nd year. We made the playoffs TWICE with LenDale White carrying the football - '07 with Chris Brown and '08 with CJ. It's awesome that CJ rushed for 2,006 yards this past season... but we DIDN'T make the playoffs.

I've read stories of the guy being lazy during practice and that he always has trouble in the off-season, but shouldn't the Titans help the guy out instead of trading him? Seahawks knew about the suspension when they traded for him, so the suspension truly has nothing to do with him being released from what I read. Looks like a statement from Pete Carroll - "I'm not messin' around here. I don't care if you played for me in HS, college, or pee-wees. Anybody can get cut or released."

I just hope LenDale doesn't get a bad reputation because of the suspension - he still has some yards in him.

This I find untrue. He has always been lazy arrogant and so on. I do think he has some more in him, but maybe not. I mean guys have great seasons then fall off. Who knows.

This I find untrue. He has always been lazy arrogant and so on. I do think he has some more in him, but maybe not. I mean guys have great seasons then fall off. Who knows.

Anything in particular you find "untrue"? I love being told what I say is false without any type of explanation. :)

Anything in particular you find "untrue"? I love being told what I say is false without any type of explanation. :)

You said "he still has some yards in him" she said she thought it wasn't true, then explained how some guys have great seasons then fall off.

How hard was that?

You said "he still has some yards in him" she said she thought it wasn't true, then explained how some guys have great seasons then fall off.

How hard was that?

Thank you. I was going to cut everything out of the post except that last part, but was too lazy. :D