Official NFL Discussion Thread

Stennick

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I just hope someone working with those teams has enough common sense to shoot a lot of those down..or that they are an experiment for one game and <em>then </em>get shot down. </p><p> </p><p>

Even the helmets bother me because I don't like inverting the team colors, I don't like a lot of the white helmets, and I thought the black helmets didn't 'make sense' for some of the teams (like the Jets).</p><p> </p><p>

Even the Raider felt a little off because the design is SO iconic. Not terrible, but a little off.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GatorBait19" data-cite="GatorBait19" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26529" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think they will do one for now and see if they will be able to be successful there (which they will) I expect by 2020 we will see two teams in LA<p> </p><p> </p><p> also Nike has the rights to the NFL jersey starting in 2012 and these are some designs that have been hitting the internet</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/f33/nike-pro-combat-uniform-designs-202258.html" rel="external nofollow">http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/f33/nike-pro-combat-uniform-designs-202258.html</a></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> what do you guys think?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well Yahoo had an article up that all of those uniforms were not legit and were just a hoax. I don't have the link to the article but I am sure I can find it, if nobody believes me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26529" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Jaguars/Browns game was fun. I always hate when my two favorites play each other, but both teams put on a good show today.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's for sure. But we have to quit being satisfied with field goal attempts. We have to get more touchdowns. Field goals let the opposition hang around and have the opportunity to win like they did today. The law of averages caught up with Phil and we couldn't do enough to make up for it despite dominating the turnover battle. We're one of the better 3-7 teams I've seen in a long team. But we've getting to the stage in our development where that's not the solace it would have once been. Keep going Browns. You can do it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26529" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's for sure. But we have to quit being satisfied with field goal attempts. We have to get more touchdowns. Field goals let the opposition hang around and have the opportunity to win like they did today. The law of averages caught up with Phil and we couldn't do enough to make up for it despite dominating the turnover battle. We're one of the better 3-7 teams I've seen in a long team. But we've getting to the stage in our development where that's not the solace it would have once been. Keep going Browns. You can do it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The problem with the Browns is we are always in development. Everything is always in constant flux. At least we don't look bad when we lose like we usually do, but still, it'd be nice if they could win a few more.</p>

The problem with the Browns is we are always in development. Everything is always in constant flux. At least we don't look bad when we lose like we usually do, but still, it'd be nice if they could win a few more.

Don't I know it. I've been preaching it at the bar for years.

SIC

Stability

Intensity

Consistency

Until we get a proper supply of those three things, the tangibles are irrelevant. Draft picks. Roster composition. Schemes. Coaching staffs. Forget em all. Those things aren't going to mean squat until our organization can prove it's actually, you know, organized.

So did anyone catch Millen and Young last night? Millen seems to be still feeling the affects of being fired lol.

That was unexpected. And awkward. Totally caught me by surprise how Millen lashed out at Steve Young like that. Millen got so defensive, saying (paraphrasing) 'You weren't there, so how would you know?' He mad. Props to Young for trying to play it off and smiling for the camera.

I did notice that they conveniently went back to Berman and the studio right after that though. Nice timing.

And oh, did you guys catch that? They fired Childress. Thanks, ESPN, for letting us know for the 1924124812 time. Yes, my Denver Broncos are in disarray, but at least mention them in passing, at least? They had a game (sort of, at least in the first 10 or so minutes anyway, before they wilted like usual).

There's no NCAA thread so I came in here to say: LOL BOISE STATE

That is all.

Prime example of why I prefer the NFL. One fluke loss like this isn't going to kill you like it does in the NCAA. Going undefeated on the season should be an insane accomplishment. Not a pre-requisite to to being in the championship conversation. Could the end of the NFL regular season use some work? Sure and the league's trying to address it this year with all the division games in Week 17. But you'd think the fate of the human race hung on who won the National Championship as much pressure as goes into it.

I know Im bias...

But Finnegan totally had that coming. I cant stand that punk.

The biggest problem with that is I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson gets a suspension, and he's far more valuable to his team than Finnegan is to the Titans. You hate to see somebody get in a player's head like that.

The biggest problem with that is I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson gets a suspension, and he's far more valuable to his team than Finnegan is to the Titans. You hate to see somebody get in a player's head like that.

They said Finn didn't throw a punch but I thought I saw him throw the first hand/fist to the face.

Sam Bradford rookie of the year? Yes? No? Maybe? Can I repeeeeeat the question....you're not the boss of me now, you're not the boss of me now...

ahem sorry I got on a Malcom in the Middle kick there.

I believe so. Mike Williams has had a great year at WR but Bradford helped turn around a horrible franchise at the key position.

Johnson should be gone for the rest of the season thats uncalled for.