The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

I read somewhere that Cro Cop said this was his favorite win other than the GP so I would love to see him end his career on such a good note. The thing I like most is that he subbed a one-dimensional striker. It's like the perfect ending considering that's been Cro Cop's M.O. since day one.

I read somewhere that Cro Cop said this was his favorite win other than the GP so I would love to see him end his career on such a good note. The thing I like most is that he subbed a one-dimensional striker. It's like the perfect ending considering that's been Cro Cop's M.O. since day one.

:confused:....... wait how is Crop Cop's M.O is subbing a one-dimensional strkier?

He has four submission victory's his whole career (3 on J. Barnett) Josh wasn't one-dimensional (and was much better than Cro Cop on the ground)

Cro Cop was known for the leg kicks and his striking. Cro Cop was getting smashed by Barry and if it wasn't for the fact Barry was hurt he probably would have finished him the second time he knock Cro Cop down. Cro Cop took advantage of it and hit a (very rare) rear naked choke on him.

I think Cro Cop is like Liddell, during their hay days they were some of the best. They're just one dimensional themselves. Cro Cop and Liddell were great strikers, but with the fighters learning different styles of fighting they got pushed to the wayside. People like Tito, K. Shamrock, W. Silva, Tim Silva are the same as well. They were talented strikers and could knock out anyone, but with other fighters doing different things (ground and pound, wrestling, submission) they couldn't stay at that level anymore because were one dimensional along with their skills declining.

The reason fighters like M. Hughes and R. Couture have maintained a certain success at an older age is because they were not one-dimensional even with them declining with age.

One last thing you said about Roy Nelson and Lesnar being a bigger fight then Cro Cop vs Lesnar. I don't see the logic here, Nelson is still not a big fighter. Most people haven't even heard of IFL and only recently started hearing about Nelson after he joined TUF 10. The big matches Nelson has been in (Monson and Arlovski) he lost. Now Nelson is a talented fighter, but right now his name value isn't anything like Cro Cop (even though I believe Cro Cop isn't a ME guy either). Lesnar vs Cro Cop would be a bigger fighter for certain reasons

1) Lesnar would draw the American crowd (along with the people who do know Cro Cop) and Cro would draw the international base.

2) Cro Cop has beaten top level talent (Barnett, Silva, Coleman) to where Nelson still needs to build that.

He has four submission victory's his whole career (3 on J. Barnett) Josh wasn't one-dimensional (and was much better than Cro Cop on the ground)

:rolleyes: Someone needs to stop reading Wiki and start watching fights....

One last thing you said about Roy Nelson and Lesnar being a bigger fight then Cro Cop vs Lesnar. I don't see the logic here, Nelson is still not a big fighter. Most people haven't even heard of IFL and only recently started hearing about Nelson after he joined TUF 10. The big matches Nelson has been in (Monson and Arlovski) he lost. Now Nelson is a talented fighter, but right now his name value isn't anything like Cro Cop (even though I believe Cro Cop isn't a ME guy either). Lesnar vs Cro Cop would be a bigger fighter for certain reasons

1) Lesnar would draw the American crowd (along with the people who do know Cro Cop) and Cro would draw the international base.

2) Cro Cop has beaten top level talent (Barnett, Silva, Coleman) to where Nelson still needs to build that.

Completely irrelevant. Nelson is coming off a TV show watched by just shy of a couple of million people for 12 weeks, followed by two fights that were live on free TV. Cro Cop is an unfamiliar commodity...another 'Pride guy' who's UFC fights, lets be honest, have been garbage for the most part.

The only place where Mirko is more popular than Brock Lesnar is Croatia (and maybe Frank Mir's house)...there's not 'international' fanbase that he can draw. Also, Nelson is an American and a good talker who will actually put the effort in to promote the fight, something that Cro Cop has never been willing to do.

Nelson vs Lesnar does more PPV's than Lesnar vs Cro Cop any day of the week.

You know, most fighters keep fighting even with a broken hand... Even I trained with a broken hand until I got to know that it actually was broken!

I think it depends on what you've broken and how you've broken it. I shattered my outside metacarpal on my right hand, two clean breaks, and crushed the same knuckle. Couldn't make a fist, let alone punch. Still having trouble with it nine years on.

Was it Kevin Burns who poked Anthony Johnson in the eye because he couldn't make a proper fist due to a previously broken hand?

:rolleyes:Someone needs to stop reading Wiki and start watching fights....

Completely irrelevant. Nelson is coming off a TV show watched by just shy of a couple of million people for 12 weeks, followed by two fights that were live on free TV. Cro Cop is an unfamiliar commodity...another 'Pride guy' who's UFC fights, lets be honest, have been garbage for the most part.

The only place where Mirko is more popular than Brock Lesnar is Croatia (and maybe Frank Mir's house)...there's not 'international' fanbase that he can draw. Also, Nelson is an American and a good talker who will actually put the effort in to promote the fight, something that Cro Cop has never been willing to do.

Nelson vs Lesnar does more PPV's than Lesnar vs Cro Cop any day of the week.

Yes I know those three weren't real submissions (they were striking submissions and one a shoulder injury).

What I should have put instead of Cro Cop would draw the international base is.... that he would help draw it over Nelson. Nelson was watched pretty much by the same people each week on the show and had a boring fight against Kimbo (yes he played to his strengths over Kimbo.... still sucked). Cro Cop is known a lot more than Nelson is hands down. His run overseas plus fighting against nice named guys over here has him ahead overall.

Also, Anderson Silva doesn't hype his fights. He rarely even talks to people besides the ya I'll win, people still pay to watch him. Lesnar would do enough promoting and Cro Cop would even (:eek:) give an interview to hype.... why because it's a title match. Dana does most of the promotional work, not only that but when was the last time you bought a PPV or went somewhere just because a guy did an article or interview saying "WHAT MY FIGHT, it's gonna be good!". Brock would run his mouth and Cro would let it roll off his back and say something. Better than people seeing Nelson and going..... who????

I think it depends on what you've broken and how you've broken it. I shattered my outside metacarpal on my right hand, two clean breaks, and crushed the same knuckle. Couldn't make a fist, let alone punch. Still having trouble with it nine years on.

Was it Kevin Burns who poked Anthony Johnson in the eye because he couldn't make a proper fist due to a previously broken hand?

I agree with you here, I also believe Barry had a broken foot as well. Also it was Burns who poked him, but it was never proven about the hand. Burns fought 5 months later and replay showed the hand was open.

Yes I know those three weren't real submissions (they were striking submissions and one a shoulder injury).

Seriously, stop reading Wiki and watch the fights. If you watch the fights, you'd know that their first fight ended on a shoulder injury, their second went to a decision, the third saw Josh tap out after an eye injury. None of those have anything to do with Barnett being better or worse than Mirko on the ground, as you stated in your original post...the first one particularly was an absolute fluke.

Cro Cop submitted Barry and Kevin Randleman.

What I should have put instead of Cro Cop would draw the international base is.... that he would help draw it over Nelson. Nelson was watched pretty much by the same people each week on the show and had a boring fight against Kimbo (yes he played to his strengths over Kimbo.... still sucked). Cro Cop is known a lot more than Nelson is hands down. His run overseas plus fighting against nice named guys over here has him ahead overall.

So? Ahead in what? UFC fans in Croatia/Japan don't buy PPVs or fill staduims, so they're irrelevant. I could name 20 fighters that are more well known internationally than Nelson, none of whom people are paying to watch. The markets that actually matter (US, Canada, UK (not PPV), Australia

Also, Anderson Silva doesn't hype his fights.

He has Ed Soares do it for him. He doesn't hide in Europe and have an additional clause in his contract absolving him of press duties. All UFC fighters are contractually obligated to do press interviews to promote the fight. All except Cro Cop, who had it removed as a condition of his resigning. All he had to do for 115 was the press call/conference.

Besides, you can't compare Anderson to Mirko. Anderson is one of the top three fighters in the world, who's had what, three bad fights in the past five years?

Lesnar would do enough promoting and Cro Cop would even (:eek:) give an interview to hype.... why because it's a title match. Dana does most of the promotional work, not only that but when was the last time you bought a PPV or went somewhere just because a guy did an article or interview saying "WHAT MY FIGHT, it's gonna be good!". Brock would run his mouth and Cro would let it roll off his back and say something. Better than people seeing Nelson and going..... who????

Now you're just assuming things. And are you seriously suggesting that fighters hyping a fight in the press has no effect on people buying it? Look at the top selling PPV's in UFC/boxing history, all of them have one thing in common...talkative fighters.

Seriously, stop reading Wiki and watch the fights. If you watch the fights, you'd know that their first fight ended on a shoulder injury, their second went to a decision, the third saw Josh tap out after an eye injury. None of those have anything to do with Barnett being better or worse than Mirko on the ground, as you stated in your original post...the first one particularly was an absolute fluke.

Cro Cop submitted Barry and Kevin Randleman.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mirko-Filipovic-2326

there is my wiki.

Barnett submitted when he hurt his eye he yielded to Cro Cop because he knew with the injury he was at a huge disadvantage (not like it mattered it pretty much followed the matches before of Cro Cop looking better). The Ref did not stop the fight, Barnett submitted.

Same with the injury, also I don't know why I kept putting three I just overlooked it.

The point of the post was pointing out Cro Cop's MO isn't making a one dem. fighter tap (seeing as how he only has done it twice and one is questionable because Kevin wasn't really deminsonal in anything).

So? Ahead in what? UFC fans in Croatia/Japan don't buy PPVs or fill staduims, so they're irrelevant. I could name 20 fighters that are more well known internationally than Nelson, none of whom people are paying to watch. The markets that actually matter (US, Canada, UK (not PPV), Australia

He has Ed Soares do it for him. He doesn't hide in Europe and have an additional clause in his contract absolving him of press duties. All UFC fighters are contractually obligated to do press interviews to promote the fight. All except Cro Cop, who had it removed as a condition of his resigning. All he had to do for 115 was the press call/conference.

Besides, you can't compare Anderson to Mirko. Anderson is one of the top three fighters in the world, who's had what, three bad fights in the past five years?

Now you're just assuming things. And are you seriously suggesting that fighters hyping a fight in the press has no effect on people buying it? Look at the top selling PPV's in UFC/boxing history, all of them have one thing in common...talkative fighters.

I said nothing about filling a stadium, UFC can barely do that without giving tickets away. Yes people in Japan buy PPV (Wowow), also they now have China to worry about as well.

I believe everytime I have watch a cro cop fight he does the prefight interview....... I guess that isn't an interview

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19423/rebuilt-and-re-focused-cro-cop-says-hes-anxious-for-standup-war-at-ufc-115.mma or that one

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=3931

geez it's like this guy only does conf. calls. no pre-fight interviews for this man.

Also that is bull crap, look at Nelson vs Kimbo on TUF 10. It was the most hyped fight ever on that show (scored it's highest rating as well) and neither fighter promoted the darn thing.

Boxers promoting fights is something different then an MMA guy doing it. In boxing you are getting a couple of fights with the only one anyone truly cares for is the ME event. MMA you have a bunch of fights (5) that are on a card and exciting to watch. The mainevents between two guys who hate each other are bigger sellers, because 1) people want to see two guys who hate each other beat on each other 2) most of thoses fights are the second time it's happening and the first one was a good fight.

Every since UFC 50 each PPV pretty much does a buyrate of 250k plus

Once again Silva isn't promoting if his guy is doing it for him. Heck most were shocked to see him at the Fan Expo let alone speaking to the media and talking in...... ENGLISH... well at least as much as he could.

I said nothing about filling a stadium, UFC can barely do that without giving tickets away. Yes people in Japan buy PPV (Wowow), also they now have China to worry about as well.

WOWOW is Pay TV, not Pay Per View. The UFC is not on PPV in China.

I believe everytime I have watch a cro cop fight he does the prefight interview....... I guess that isn't an interview

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19423/rebuilt-and-re-focused-cro-cop-says-hes-anxious-for-standup-war-at-ufc-115.mma

No, it's not an interview...it's a transcript of the press call. I should know, I was on it. Note the bold tex below from the link you posted.

"[barry] is a good fighter, very fast, and I saw the way he destroyed (Antoni) Hardonk," Filipovic told MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com) on Friday's media call promoting the event. "It was amazing. It will be a good fight, and I'm looking forward to it."

And this wasn't an interview with Fighters Only. It was a translation by a poster on Sherdog of some comments he gave to a Croatian website when they ambushed him at the airport before 110.

If you're going to be sarcastic, at least make sure you're right.

Also that is bull crap, look at Nelson vs Kimbo on TUF 10. It was the most hyped fight ever on that show (scored it's highest rating as well) and neither fighter promoted the darn thing.

...you realise that this fight was on TUF, yes? That Nelson and Kimbo were contractually forbidden from talking about it until the show aired? And that once it was announced (a week in advance, if memory serves), both Nelson and Kimbo were put on press tours? Again, I should know, because we interviewed both of them the week before that episode aired, as did numerous other outlets.

Boxers promoting fights is something different then an MMA guy doing it. In boxing you are getting a couple of fights with the only one anyone truly cares for is the ME event. MMA you have a bunch of fights (5) that are on a card and exciting to watch. The mainevents between two guys who hate each other are bigger sellers, because 1) people want to see two guys who hate each other beat on each other 2) most of thoses fights are the second time it's happening and the first one was a good fight.

...which is exactly the same way boxing matches are promoted. The idea that all (or even the majority) of MMA PPV buying fans are familiar with all 10 main card fighters is A) False and B) Irrelevant to the point. Of the 10 fighters on a card, only four (occasionally six) are featured in the countdown show, press call, press conference, promotional material etc. Example: The Strikeforce press call I did last week featured only Robbie and Babalu. The WEC one on Monday featured Varner and Kamal Shalorus. The TUF Finale one I'm doing tonight is McCray, McGee, Jardine and Hamill. The Strikeforce one I'm doing tomorrow is just Fedor and Werdum. 116 is just Lesnar and Carwin....and so on.

Once again Silva isn't promoting if his guy is doing it for him. Heck most were shocked to see him at the Fan Expo let alone speaking to the media and talking in...... ENGLISH... well at least as much as he could.

So? He isn't confident in his English, so he speaks through a translator. What's the difference?

Daffanka, I apologise for being the bearer of bad news....

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/6/16/1520599/chael-sonnen-drops-out-of-oregon?

Looks looks like we'll have to wait a while before we can support a 'Sonnen For President' campaign :( At least he'll be able to focus on Silva more now.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u299/Daffanka/emot-byodood.gif

Also just to break up this scintillating debate about something, I have something I'm curious about.

I've watched Japanese combat sports for a looong time but I've never really understood why the Japanese public tolerates the obvious bias FEG has towards their more marketable fighters. Maybe I'm being prejudiced here about JAPANESE HONOR but I can't imagine that Masato's or Sapp's blatant favoritism gets past them and it feels like that would be at odds with my stupid western vision of what Japan looks for in fighters.

Get back to me about this whenever you're done arguing that talkative fighters get the most buys (which I'm pretty sure is a fact, see recently Lesnar - Mir 2 and Evans - Rampage.)

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u299/Daffanka/emot-byodood.gif

Also just to break up this scintillating debate about something, I have something I'm curious about.

I've watched Japanese combat sports for a looong time but I've never really understood why the Japanese public tolerates the obvious bias FEG has towards their more marketable fighters. Maybe I'm being prejudiced here about JAPANESE HONOR but I can't imagine that Masato's or Sapp's blatant favoritism gets past them and it feels like that would be at odds with my stupid western vision of what Japan looks for in fighters.

Get back to me about this whenever you're done arguing that talkative fighters get the most buys (which I'm pretty sure is a fact, see recently Lesnar - Mir 2 and Evans - Rampage.)

LOL :)

Do you know...(and mark this moment for posterity, because it doesn't happen often)...I. Have. No. Idea. :eek:

The way the Sapp thing has been explained to me is that he's as much of a joke in Japan as he is here...it's just a different kind of joke in Japan (presumably one that is actually funny). He's a cartoon character to them, so it's almost like "WHAT WILL HE DO NEXT??!!??!!"

I was having this exact conversation with someone the other week about Musashi's WGP gifts...We were watching the 2004 WGP finals, where Musashi was soundly beaten by Bonjasky in the final bout, only for the judges to call it a draw. Then Musashi gets tooled in the extra round, and the judges call a majority draw. I think one judge even scored the second overtime round a draw. Incredible, as you say, for a county where honour and shame is such an integral part of society.

Maybe its a case of them willing to overlook it out of blind patriotism? I've certainly been guilty of that on occasion, although maybe not to that extent...

LOL :)

I was having this exact conversation with someone the other week about Musashi's WGP gifts...We were watching the 2004 WGP finals, where Musashi was soundly beaten by Bonjasky in the final bout, only for the judges to call it a draw. Then Musashi gets tooled in the extra round, and the judges call a majority draw. I think one judge even scored the second overtime round a draw. Incredible, as you say, for a county where honour and shame is such an integral part of society.

See also Masato - Buakaw the exact same year with nearly the exact same result (only one extension round.)

If you were ever wondering why K-1 banned multiple knees from the clinch it's because Buakaw mauled people with them.

I read this as Dustin saying Cro Cop's M.O. is being a one-dimensional striker and not that it was his ground game. He is pointing out the irony of the striker going out subbing another striker.

WOWOW is Pay TV, not Pay Per View. The UFC is not on PPV in China.

No, it's not an interview...it's a transcript of the press call. I should know, I was on it. Note the bold tex below from the link you posted.

"[barry] is a good fighter, very fast, and I saw the way he destroyed (Antoni) Hardonk," Filipovic told MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com) on Friday's media call promoting the event. "It was amazing. It will be a good fight, and I'm looking forward to it."

And this wasn't an interview with Fighters Only. It was a translation by a poster on Sherdog of some comments he gave to a Croatian website when they ambushed him at the airport before 110.

If you're going to be sarcastic, at least make sure you're right.

...you realise that this fight was on TUF, yes? That Nelson and Kimbo were contractually forbidden from talking about it until the show aired? And that once it was announced (a week in advance, if memory serves), both Nelson and Kimbo were put on press tours? Again, I should know, because we interviewed both of them the week before that episode aired, as did numerous other outlets.

...which is exactly the same way boxing matches are promoted. The idea that all (or even the majority) of MMA PPV buying fans are familiar with all 10 main card fighters is A) False and B) Irrelevant to the point. Of the 10 fighters on a card, only four (occasionally six) are featured in the countdown show, press call, press conference, promotional material etc. Example: The Strikeforce press call I did last week featured only Robbie and Babalu. The WEC one on Monday featured Varner and Kamal Shalorus. The TUF Finale one I'm doing tonight is McCray, McGee, Jardine and Hamill. The Strikeforce one I'm doing tomorrow is just Fedor and Werdum. 116 is just Lesnar and Carwin....and so on.

So? He isn't confident in his English, so he speaks through a translator. What's the difference?

First, Wowow is a paid broadcasting (similar to HBO, HDNET) so yes people do pay to watch the fights. Second PPV in China is here (started with UFC 109) on Sohu.com (how do I know I have a brother stationed in Manas Air Base. He has to pay to watch the programs.

2) It was still an interview with a website

3) I would love to see your interview with Kimbo and Nelso because honestly I didn't hear anything about. On the other hand, yes I knew it was a TUF fight and the weren't aloud to talk about it. In that one week do you really think the Media was the reason 6 million fans (4 million more than usual if im correct) tuned in to watch Kimbo vs a guy they barely knew........... Ya still doubt it.

GatorBait19:

Barry, much like CC, is a very good striker with limited ground skills. CC subbing him is kind of like saying "Yeah, I made it this far with that, but I'm Cro Cop." Do you understand?

Yes, the way it I read it was you were saying Cro Cop M.O was making one dem. guys tap.

I still think a better finish would have been Cro Cop KO Barry with his left leg (cemetery)

First, Wowow is a paid broadcasting (similar to HBO, HDNET) so yes people do pay to watch the fights.

...but you said "People in Japan do buy PPV (wowow)"...PPV and Pay-TV are two very different formats.

Unless you can find some indication that their subscriber base increased significantly when they started airing UFC (I'll save you the time, they didn't and the UFC have had horrible ratings in Japan over the past few years), then it's irrelevent, as there is nothing to suggest that people in Japan are paying for UFC fights in any significant number. Also, UFC events are an absolute minority of the content on Wowow. It's like saying..."People are subscribing to HBO. There is a fishing show on tape delay on HBO, therefor people in America are paying for fishing shows."

Second PPV in China is here (started with UFC 109) on Sohu.com (how do I know I have a brother stationed in Manas Air Base. He has to pay to watch the programs.

Is he in the US forces? Shouldn't they be getting if free on AFN, or whatever the forces network is called nowadays?

2) It was still an interview with a website

So that's one then, when he was caught out at an airport waiting for his flight. Hardly indicative of someone going out of their way to promote fights (which was my point), is it? Are those straws you're clutching at?

3) I would love to see your interview with Kimbo and Nelso because honestly I didn't hear anything about. On the other hand, yes I knew it was a TUF fight and the weren't aloud to talk about it. In that one week do you really think the Media was the reason 6 million fans (4 million more than usual if im correct) tuned in to watch Kimbo vs a guy they barely knew........... Ya still doubt it.

Yes. Most hyped episode in TUF history, tons of advertising Kimbo all over TV and the internet, Nelson giving his best bad guy impression...so yeah, I'd say the massive media push by the UFC prior to the season, and specifically that episode, went some way to bumping the ratings. What else are you suggesting caused it, coincidence?

There's the audio of our interview with Kimbo that week. I don't have a link to the audio of the Nelson one to hand and can't be bothered to look for it. Google it if your that fussed. Keep in mind that when this interview was done, we weren't even the biggest MMA site in the UK, yet we still got an interview...they couldn't have hyped this fight anymore if they tried.

I'm not even sure what you're getting at anymore. Your saying what, that you think Lesnar vs Cro Cop would sell better than Lesnar vs Nelson, based on the fact that Kimbo vs Roy Nelson did great ratings without being hyped by either fight (despite the fact that it was, quite clearly, hyped by both fighters)....is that really your point?

If you can't see that a fight between two fighters with a large amount of public visibility, who are very good at hyping fights, would sell better in the UFC's key markets than a fight with only one guy who is interesting in selling it (especially when the other guy is a burned-out shell of his former self that hasn't beaten a ranked fighter since 2006), then I don't know what to tell you.

In fact, I'm so convinced that Cro Cop is done that if he gets a UFC Heavyweight title shot in the next two years, I will personally buy you a ticket to the event. Promise :)

In other news....

There wasn't a whole lot interesting on the TUF Finale press call tonight. Court McGee talked quite candidly about his herion addiction, Keith Jardine moaned that he didn't enjoy talking to the press....oh, and one of the fighters had someone keep blowing a vuvuzela in the background (seriously).

One thing nobody had considered was that it was Matt Hamill's first time doing a conference call...the logistics of having a telephone conversation with a deaf guy are about as awkward as you can imagine. Total nightmare. Matt was a class act as always though, said he doesn't rank himself in the top 20, said the Jones fight was a wake-up call and doesn't want the DQ win on his record.

I'm on the Strikeforce presser with Fedor and Werdum tomorrow if anyone has any interesting questions to throw out there?

Can someone expalin me how a catchweight fight determine a number one contender in their usual weightclass? Esp with Babalu coming off the loss of his title and beating the lighter fighter. Strikeforce to me is a bush league joke. I am sick of all the catchweight fights and the jokes they try to push as contenders. Once Gilbert, Shields, and Diaz goes to the UFC hopefully they will fold .

Can someone expalin me how a catchweight fight determine a number one contender in their usual weightclass? Esp with Babalu coming off the loss of his title and beating the lighter fighter. Strikeforce to me is a bush league joke. I am sick of all the catchweight fights and the jokes they try to push as contenders. Once Gilbert, Shields, and Diaz goes to the UFC hopefully they will fold .

The answer is that Strikeforce doesn't have any kind of depth in most of its divisions but still pretend like their titles are a big deal. Once you start seeing Strikeforce as nothing more than a vehicle to see Fedor, Diaz, Overeem, Jacare and guys like this fight it becomes a lot more enjoyable.

Speaking of Jacare I think the 4/8 man (?) middleweight tournament could be really interesting. Jacare, Lawler, Mayhem, Kennedy, Diaz, Cyborg, Manhoef (make these two fight again please) or even a couple more guys. There's a bunch of options since middleweight is the one decently deep division Strikeforce has.

The Strikeforce card last night was okay, I was half asleep for most of it but I remember thinking Heun winning and being sad about Zaromskis who I really like. The lack of striking defense and being a lightweight really lets him down. I want more super badass headkick combinations. :(

Strikeforce sucked, aside from the Heun/Noons fight. Sucked. Sucked. Sucked. I didn't really have any expectations for anything but Cyborg/Whitemare, which I correctly seen as a finish for Cyborg.

None of the fights really pulled the viewer in, because none of the fights really meant anything in the grand scheme of the sport. No one went "OH YEAH! BABALU WON A DECISION, YEAAAAH BOI!"(Okay well some idiot out there probably did)... But King Mo/Babalu have already verbally said they won't fight. So Lawler losing just makes their middleweight division seem that much more shallow, unless Babalu's going to completely make himself worthless and drop to 185.

Hoping a company that is giving you a lot of decent/good MMA folds just reeks of you being a bad fan, sorry. I love mixed martial arts, and don't want to see any company go down unless they're promoting a shady business, and for the most part Scott Coker is a stand-up dude. He may not always put on the top notch shows, but he at least tries to give people their money's worth. Last night's show was just kind of thrown together, and I think I remember hearing it was for some cause, or some of the money was going to something. There was a reason they rushed the card together, I do know that.

Regardless, Babalu/Lawler could have been a much better fight than it was if Lawler wasn't mentally beaten. And furthermore, you might see Shields in the UFC(in fact I think it's close to 100% at this point) but there's no guarentee on Diaz or Melendez. Diaz loves being able to fight when he wants to fight, being able to take fights in Japan etc. So we'll see...

Also Strikeforce is building stars, the same as Bellator. I would much rather see some of these younger guys on a medium stage like Bellator/Strikeforce/Etc before they end up on TUF or UFC. Makes it easier to keep up with them and know who they are when they do surface in the big leagues.... But yeah, sure let's just go ahead and hope they fold just because they put on catchweight fights with title implications for both sides. Waa, waa.