The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

Too bad this had to happen, but pretty silly to fire him from the fight. There are several ways to 'promote' fights, when creative enough. Dana just didn't handle it well. Too bad for his business.

He sat in Dana's office and told him he would "play the game" and do all the media stuff then backtracked & no-showed not one but two press conferences! Diaz is a great fighter and it would be a shame if his UFC/Zuffa career ended because of this, but he has nobody to blame but himself.

Too bad this had to happen, but pretty silly to fire him from the fight. There are several ways to 'promote' fights, when creative enough. Dana just didn't handle it well. Too bad for his business.

It's his work obligations. If you were told by your boss to go to a meeting and you failed to make it, then he would fire you. However Dana gave Diaz two chances, not one & he still isn't fired.

There could've been ways around it. If Diaz has social anxiety as it is claimed, why not get him to the press conference via live stream/webcam/satellite? Seriously, it would've made this a whole lot easier. But to be honest, I'm not mad at Diaz. I was warming up to him after a while and it hasn't stopped me. Hopefully, just hopefully, he isn't done in the UFC. You could give him to BJ Penn in place of Condit on the same card.

It's his work obligations. If you were told by your boss to go to a meeting and you failed to make it, then he would fire you. However Dana gave Diaz two chances, not one & he still isn't fired.

He doesn't consider this part of his job though. It's just an unwanted byproduct. Fighters on the roster have done so much worse and not been fired. Plus, you know of these risks when signing Diaz. So firing him over this would be ridiculous. Second thoughts over giving him such a huge fight? Fair enough. Even if he showed up, they'd be absolutely ****ting themselves at the thought of him beating GSP. But let the man fight. Him vs. BJ is perfect given the circumstances, would be an amazing fight between two guys who just want to get in there and do exactly that, and there's no severe consequences whoever wins because they don't want either man fighting GSP.

There is some major league nuthugging going on here. Diaz signed a contract and actively worked to avoid fulfilling it. And that's not even bringing up that he snuck out of his coaches house like a thief in the night. People need a serious reality check if they think this sort of thing can be excused. If Diaz has social anxiety, why not, I don't know, CALL DANA AND TALK TO HIM. And if you can't manage that, talk to your brother and have him make the call

Nate is in here right now with Lex, his manager, driving around with the VP of BAMMA doing promo work for BAMMA 8.

I hung out with them yesterday and they spent half of dinner discussing filming projects for BAMMA with WHOA TV. After that it was RAF Lakenheath and and the military hospital, then out for a curry, all with the BAMMA crew. They seem really happy over here and well up for fighting at BAMMA 8 and beyond. I highly doubt that he'll be fighting BJ.

Here's an equally as nuts rumour - Wanderlei Silva.