The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

Brock looked very nervous before the start of the fight in my opinion. I wonder after all he has been through his heart just wasn't in it anymore. If that was the case, I can't really say I blame him. He reminded me of the baseball player that was beaned in the head (whose name escapes me right now) and was never the same after he came back.

For me, if you go into a fight with the mentality that if you lose you're done, then you're not in the right place mentally to continue fighting.

If Brock had already told himself that before the fight, then in my mind he was there for the pay day and nothing more. Not that I begrudge him that one bit, he's definitely earned it.

It figures that I get all the prelim fights right and the only fight on the main card I call correctly is the one fight I wanted to be wrong with.

I think it was obvious from the beginning that Brock's heart just wasn't in it. Like Brad said, though, you can't begrudge the guy for at least stepping up to the plate. It sucks that Brock wasn't a great fighter because most if not all of the unnecessary criticism he got was solely because he wasn't great and a lot of people seemed genuinely offended at the idea that someone who wasn't a top-level fighter had made it to the top of the MMA ladder. The idea that someone who had tremendous raw ability and natural gifts could go out there and beat 'superior' fighters seemed to drive people into a rage and they lost all perspective. I'm sad to see Brock bow out but it's clearly for the best and I hope he has a healthy post-UFC career.

I have no idea what was going through Donald Cerrone's head. I think he made some kind of remark afterwards about not wanting any 'gay ass wrestling', which if true just sours me on him completely and he deserved to lose if that was his mindset. I still think Cerrone is a better all-round fighter than Diaz but for whatever reason, maybe letting Diaz get to him, he just lost the freakin' plot.

I marked out like crazy for Hendricks KO'ing Fitch. I just jumped up and started cheering and applauding and probably woke people up.

The rest of the fights were nothing too special.

You know all that talk that Cerrone fights good angry?

Well apparently not. Besides, anyone that fights the Diaz brothers are angry deserve to lose. That's what they want you to do. Get you angry so they can do those accurate fast volume punches to the body that always seem to land.

He obvious didn't respect Diaz's boxing either, which cost him the entire fight. If this was kickboxing match, Cerrone could have won, but he was so gunshy because of the grappling aspect.

DREAM card was bad-ass. 9 hours of MMA on my DVR. Good lord was that wonderful.

Aoki/Kitaoka was one of the most enjoyable one-sided beatings I've ever seen. Kitaoka was a bad dude. I was really pulling for him there at the end with the knees.

Fedor! I know Iishi isn't really a top HW or anything, but it was nice to see him win with a gorgeous combo on the feet. I'd like to see Fedor in a meaningful heavyweight fight one more time.

I kept thinking "What the **** are you doing?" for most of Cerrone/Diaz. It appeared Cerrone's plan was to be a human punchbag and it was infuriating.

He thought his boxing was the better than Diaz's. Not really. His kickboxing and muay thai, maybe, but in a straight up boxing match, I doubt it. He didn't let his kicks go for various reasons (some good reasons, some bad reasons), so he ended up in a boxing match.

He thought his boxing was the better than Diaz's. Not really. His kickboxing and muay thai, maybe, but in a straight up boxing match, I doubt it. He didn't let his kicks go for various reasons (some good reasons, some bad reasons), so he ended up in a boxing match.

I felt like he was kicking fine, especially in the second. He didn't capitalize on a god damn chance. It was crazy to watch. All them knock downs and he didnt try to pounce on Diaz once.

I guess he didn't want to get in a ground battle with him, but I don't see why. Cerrone's no slouch on the ground and can definitely hold his own there.

Speaking of groundwork... wtf is what that Hettis kid? He made Nam Phan look like a newb with the takedowns and ground work.

Speaking of groundwork... wtf is what that Hettis kid? He made Nam Phan look like a newb with the takedowns and ground work.

funny how no one except me posted him to win on these forums. I knew this kid was the real deal since the first round of his fight against bruce leroy. Renzo Gracie is just pouring out prospects, first Weidman now Hettes.

I felt like he was kicking fine, especially in the second. He didn't capitalize on a god damn chance. It was crazy to watch. All them knock downs and he didnt try to pounce on Diaz once.

I guess he didn't want to get in a ground battle with him, but I don't see why. Cerrone's no slouch on the ground and can definitely hold his own there.

Yeah that was so annoying. He seemed almost arrogant every time he kicked his legs out but then he just let him up and carried on being punched in the face.

funny how no one except me posted him to win on these forums. I knew this kid was the real deal since the first round of his fight against bruce leroy.

In all fairness, Caceres is absolute garbage...not really the greatest of yardsticks. Hettes looked good against Phan though. Again, Phan isn't exactly the measuring stick for greatness, but it's a quality notch on the belt for such a young kid. Now lets see how he does against someone who can defend his takedowns.

Yeah that was so annoying. He seemed almost arrogant every time he kicked his legs out but then he just let him up and carried on being punched in the face.

I can understand it in theory...nobody wants to grapple a Cecar Gracie brown belt. But when you're getting absolutely mauled on the feet...at least go for broke and try something. 'Boring' or not, if Cerrone was my fighter I'd have been all over him for not taking top position on Diaz when he had the chance after getting broken up on the feet.