BWA RE-imagined - sign up

This is in the pipe line I am just really looking for people who are interested in being part of it at the moment (IE the actual diary will need a lot of work and won't be around for a while) For those unfamiliar with the BWA it is a fictional wrestling fed invented by me and a group of my friends as kids. As far as the BWA's history on these boards it has produced two diarys (one written by me, one by phantom stranger), containing wrestlers based on a few of the original BWA line up and interested forum regulars.

This will be a re-invention of the BWA universe, so characters may change previous occurences may be forgotten, basically it will be a retelling of the tale. If you want to read either of the other diaries to see what they are all about you can do so using these links:

http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=27546

http://67.19.230.90/~arles/forum/showthread.php?t=34779

Rather then what I have produced in the past, I want this diary to really "pop" so I am going to make use of all sorts of fancy graphics, technology etc. I know some people do not like this approach to diarys, but I have always used those sort of things. If you want to take part in the diary the following things are preferable:

needed

A decent quality/size picture from the waist up - preferably taken especially for the diary

Creative license to use your likeness in any way my devious mind see's fit

preferred

A microphone for your PC

Sound recorder on your pc

A wilingness to record promo's, whilst the jist of these will be scripted, you can adlib to an extent if you want.

A camcorder/webcam

If you are interested post in here and let me know what equipment you have. And get the picture to me ASAP. Once I have the roster developed a bit I will be starting work on this (this will probably be within the next week) If you have suggestions for your characters name etc. you can post a mini TEW style bio and I may use that to tell your characters back story (although, only if I think it will work!)

prep work diary

Make diary graphics

Plan 3 months storys

Enter stars in to mod

assign stats to workers

write bio's for workers

Produce full body pics for the entire roster

produce head shot for the entire roster

produce SD vs RAW avatar for entire roster

PM all stars with the details of their first promo's

The roster as it stands is:

•Lee-James Bovey as Panix

•Lee-James Bovey as Bruce Pacquette

•Matt Rook as Jaffa

•Matt Rook as The Dark Lord of Runga

•David Hogg as Dave "the snake"

•Terry Bovey as Gringo

•Danny Tregaskis as Dan Phoenix

•Dan Tregaskis as Mr-E

•Jon Waterworth as Silent Rob

•Mick Solecki as Mickey "Flash" Reynolds

•Mick Solecki as Phat Judas

•QFresh name to be decided

•Jonny CKY as the Steel city destroyer

•Boltinho name to be decided

•Apupunchau name to be decided

•Phantom stranger as the Lynchpin

•Emma Bovey as Emma Whatever

•Irish_eyes as Irish eyes Alexa

•Olly as Olly Vixen

•Keely as Irish charm Kelly

•Rachel Briggs as Rachel Steel

•Regis name to be decided

•Richy G name to be decided

•Sarah name to be decided

I still need suitable pics of:

• Mickey "flash" reynolds
  • Bruce Pacquette
  • Phat Judas

And I need stats from:

•Bruce Pacquette

•Dave "the snake"

•Gringo

•Dan Phoenix

•Mr-E

•Silent Rob

•Mickey "Flash" Reynolds

•Phat Judas

•Emma Whatever

I am happy to hear name requests if you want them change. As I draw nearer to completion I will send PM's pestering you for pictures, stats etc. You have been warned!

Wow, who gave this a one star rating? Seems like kind of a dick move.

Anyway, I like the the sounds of this. Seems ambitious, but could be amazing if pulled off on a regular basis.

One suggestion is if you really do want to make the diary pop, have a look into using html tables for formatting purposes, so things are nicely aligned and you don't end up with mountains of text which go from one side of the monitor all the way to the other (more work for the eye to process)

I'm still hoping for a few more people to sign up as the roster is a bit light on the ground at the moment! So far here is what we have provisionally:

• Lee-James Bovey as Panix
  • Lee-James Bovey as Bruce Pacquette
  • Matt Rook as Jaffa
  • Matt Rook as The Dark Lord of Runga
  • David Hogg as Dave "the snake"
  • Terry Bovey as Gringo
  • Danny Tregaskis as Jew Boy
  • Jon Waterworth as "the music man" JW
  • Mick Solecki as Mickey "Flash" Reynolds
  • Djthefunkchris name to be decided
  • Astil name to be decided
  • David Hallet as The young Englishman?
  • Kerstin Hallet as Herrin Domina?
  • Dawn Bovey as Dawn Storm?

Ideally I would like to not have to use duplicate characters!

We have a logo now and tommorow I will be posting a couple of examples of the kind of thing I expect the profile pics! Here is the logo below:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/logoforcuts2.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/pnglogo.png

We probably have enough people to make this diary work now, but I will still welcome any people who want to join. I had a filming/photo shoot/drinking binge today and here is a sample shot of one of the BWA characters:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/BWA2/panixcut.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/BWA2/panix2.jpg

I just have to get a few voice overs done and collect a few photo's and the diary should start up next month - due to the technical nature of the diary it will run monthly shows in real time.

There is a sad lack of PRIME in here. :(

I say we bombard him with pm's until he joins!

Yeah, I'm up for this. Especially as I kinda, y'know, failed to finish the last incarnation.

BWA: Destroy A Mall... just a memory. *sob*

Keeping a diary going is a tough order my friend - thats why this will only have one show a month :) unfortunatly I could not persuade your LNO partner to partake. So it looks like Tom Lynch may well get the solo career he always wanted! :)

Oh me me me. I'm pretty sure I was in the original BWA for awhile as my avatar can attest to.

needed

A decent quality/size picture from the waist up - preferably taken especially for the diary (The one from my Avatar is old I'll get you a new one)

Creative license to use your likeness in any way my devious mind see's fit (Go for it)

preferred

A microphone for your PC (check)

Sound recorder on your pc (Check)

A wilingness to record promo's, whilst the jist of these will be scripted, you can adlib to an extent if you want. (I prefer to adlib but I guess I could follow a script)

Yahoo or MSN messenger- if you could pm me your IM address, that would be great! (Will do)

Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (Nope I don't console game much :( )

A camcorder (No but I have a webcam I think I can record with)

facebook (I'm pretty sure we're already friends on Facebook)

Oh me me me. I'm pretty sure I was in the original BWA for awhile as my avatar can attest to.

needed

A decent quality/size picture from the waist up - preferably taken especially for the diary (The one from my Avatar is old I'll get you a new one)

Creative license to use your likeness in any way my devious mind see's fit (Go for it)

preferred

A microphone for your PC (check)

Sound recorder on your pc (Check)

A wilingness to record promo's, whilst the jist of these will be scripted, you can adlib to an extent if you want. (I prefer to adlib but I guess I could follow a script)

Yahoo or MSN messenger- if you could pm me your IM address, that would be great! (Will do)

Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (Nope I don't console game much :( )

A camcorder (No but I have a webcam I think I can record with)

facebook (I'm pretty sure we're already friends on Facebook)

Yay - was hoping you would join up!

The more the merrier - can you get a picture of you in your "ring attire"? And send it to me, my email address is panix_uk04@yahoo.co.uk

Do you have a microphone on your pc, and/or a camcorder? If not its not the end of the world. I have come up with a work around :)

needed

A decent quality/size picture from the waist up - preferably taken especially for the diary

Do it tonight

haha. indeed

preferred

A microphone for your PC

yep

yep

A wilingness to record promo's, whilst the jist of these will be scripted, you can adlib to an extent if you want.

yep no worries

Yahoo or MSN messenger- if you could pm me your IM address, that would be great!

nope but can sort if necessary

Smackdown vs Raw 2010

fraid not...

A camcorder

webcam

facebook

yep

I seem to remember a guy on the origional roster, a guy with a sense of style, a natural champion and an ego the size of the national defecit, the steel city something or other lol.

Hope it's not to late to join the mix

needed a decent quality/size picture from the waist up - preferably taken especially for the diary

i shd be able to conjour something up

Permission granted

preferred

A microphone for your PC

Think I have one someware

I think so

Try and stop me lol

Yahoo or MSN messenger- if you could pm me your IM address, that would be great!

Will do

Smackdown vs Raw 2010

yes but no xbox live

A camcorder

webcam

facebook

Certainly I shall pm you

needed

A decent quality/size picture from the waist up - preferably taken especially for the diary (I'll have to get back to you on that :))

preferred

A microphone for your PC (nope, but I will get one)

Sound recorder on your pc (see Microphone)

A wilingness to record promo's, whilst the jist of these will be scripted, you can adlib to an extent if you want. (I'm not good at coming up with stuff but I'm sure I can read scripted stuff :))

Yahoo or MSN messenger- if you could pm me your IM address, that would be great! (will do)

Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (you have me on your friends list :))

A camcorder (See Mircophone)

facebook (will do)

Cant wait to see where you take the 1%ers, I see us going all the way to the top, I'd like to see Banger have the world title, I'm a team player so if he does its for the good of the team :D

Cant wait to see where you take the 1%ers, I see us going all the way to the top, I'd like to see Banger have the world title, I'm a team player so if he does its for the good of the team :D

As much as I appreciate that, I hadn't really planned on this go around. I don't want to be on Facebook, don't have SDvRaw10 and am not particularly active on IM. I've got the photo and could record audio (not video) but that's really it. Everyone else seems to be going 'all in' with the concept and I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

As much as I appreciate that, I hadn't really planned on this go around. I don't want to be on Facebook, don't have SDvRaw10 and am not particularly active on IM. I've got the photo and could record audio (not video) but that's really it. Everyone else seems to be going 'all in' with the concept and I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

I think we could still make it work, your the mouthpiece of the group anyways(I dont think I've cut one promo), so if the promos are what you can do then I'm all for it :)

I'd totally be down for this. If there are still spots availible, count me in.

needed

Have many a photo.

Be my guest.

preferred

A microphone for your PC - Have

Sound recorder on your pc - Have

A wilingness to record promo's, whilst the jist of these will be scripted, you can adlib to an extent if you want. -Will do, even if I can't go adlib all the time.

Yahoo or MSN messenger- if you could pm me your IM address, that would be great! - MSN for the win.

Smackdown vs Raw 2010 - Have

A camcorder - Do Not have...

Sorry about the lack of updates -my PC died big time - but after a system restore it seems to be fine now (shame it took me about a week to figure that out!)

So far I have recorded a few promos with me and my friends- cut some pictures and that is all. I have been considering the fact that I marginalising people somewhat with the list of things needed to take part. And so after some consideration I think the diary will run in the following way:

All matches will compose of Recorded SD VS RAW matches, overlaid with commentary.

Most interviews will appear in the form of video clip

Some will appear in the form of sound clip

Others will be the characters SD VS RAW character taking part in a story designed with that tool.

Linking these things in each show will be my usual graphics and text based commentary from Emma whatever (possibly), The Young Englishman and Bruce Pacquette.

There will be one show per month. With a hype poster in the first week, predictions in the second week, the show in the third week and the fourth week will have a summary of the predictions championship.

All TEW characters will be assigned points based on a points system, details of this will be posted later and the people taking part can then email me their details.

Below is a list of everything I need to do before I begin running the diary. Once all of these things are sorted I will commence. prior to the first show I will be posting one worker profile per day which will include a profile picture (from the waist up), a profile picture based on their SD VS RAW alter ego (sorry if these don't look brilliant, I will try my best, but I am no CAW expert!)A mini-bio and an entrance video. This super star run down will be proceeded with a summary of the full roster and will be repeated at the end of every year (yes I am ambitiously hoping this will be a long running endeavour!)

How soon this goes ahead depends on how quickly I can get everything prepared. So here is a list of things I need to do:

• Find a suitable mod to accommodate the BWA
  • Enter the BWA into said mod
  • Write Bio's for all stars
  • Enter the star of the BWA (I hope you don't mind, but they will also appear in the sci-fi mod)
  • Create all stars on SD VS RAW (if you have the game and X-box live I am happy to let you do this!)
  • Create match graphics
  • write 3 months worth of stories into a plan

I will tick these off as I go!

SOLD im in

needed

Have many a photo.

Granted

preferred

A microphone for your PC - no

Sound recorder on your pc - no

A wilingness to record promo's, whilst the jist of these will be scripted, you can adlib to an extent if you want. -unfortunatley no can do :-(

Yahoo or MSN messenger- only got my IPhone thats how i get on here now days

Smackdown vs Raw 2010 -no

A camcorder - no

unfortunatley I suck at the prefered list as i havnt got much on my pc at the moment, no interenet either im using my I phone to do this luckily I have photobucket app on here or iw ouldnt evan be able to get my pic on.

cant wait for this

http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac309/JonathanGascoigne/BWA/17367_445259270136_602340136_109317.jpg

So here are the people I am still waiting on for a picture:

Trell

Wallbanger (come on man you gotta join!)

Boltinho

Apupunchau

Astil

Mickey "flash" reynolds (I will try and get him soon!)

DJthefunkchris

@ Qfresh - thanks for getting me a pic quickly, I have sent you a pm regarding it.

@ Alexa, Jonny - your pics are both great but the quality isn't brill - those pics will do at a pinch, but if you could get higher res. ones it would be brilltastic!

Now the points system - baring in mind the fact this will be done using TEW2010 - you all have 1000 points to spend on skills and popularity. But each popularity point will cost 5 of your points. The fed will start in the south of England.

You also have 1000 points to spend on your "performance points" please PM me with your assigned points ASAP or I will generate them. Obviously how your spend your points will effect your push within the fed - so choose wisely! Oh just FYI, it will be a sports entertainment style fed. With short matches and lots of angles :)

And just to add to the excitment (or lack of!) here is a picture of the dark lord of Runga! He's coming to the BWA so beware!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/BWA2/jaffa2.jpg

hope these pics are more usefull :)

http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac309/JonathanGascoigne/BWA/untitled.jpg

http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac309/JonathanGascoigne/BWA/n602340136_3096587_7809.jpg

http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac309/JonathanGascoigne/BWA/7018_269994625136_602340136_8853384.jpg

Here is a form to make posting stats a tad easier:

remember every popularity point costs 5 points! You have a 1000 points to spend in the following categorys

Skills:

Brawling

Pureso

Hardcore

Aerial

Flashiness

Mat Work

Chain wrestling

Submissions

Microphone

Charisma

Acting

Anouncing

Athleticism

Toughness

Stamina

Power

Basics

Psychology

Safety

Consistency

Selling

Respect

Sex Appeal

Star Quality

Menace

Intensity

Stiffness

Resilience

Refereeing

MMA Style

Popularity: (I am not bothering with the rest of the world as the fed is so small!)

Midlands

North

Scotland

South

Ireland

you also have 500 points to spend on performance:

Face

Heel

Cool

****y

Crazy

Legit

Comedy

Weasel

Brute

Weird

Wholesome

When you have filled in this sheet (just leave it blank if you are not bothered) please fill in these stats:

Born:

Sxuality: heterosexual/homosexual

relationship yes/no

Race:

Nationality:

Style:

Weight class: (IE heaveyweight)

finishing move(s)

favourite role (IE wrestler/commentator etc)

personality traits do you do any of the following: (please put a score out of 100)

drink

smoke

do steroids

do soft drugs

do hard drugs

practice religion

Finally there is personality: please choose one of the following:

Random

normal wrestler

class act

Jerk

egomaniac star

grizzled veteran

free spirit

company man

party animal

rookie

master politician

perfectly balanced

Oh, what the hell. I'm in!

needed

See my avatar. Or, in fact, I may get a new pic cut... What background are you using?

I look forward to it.

preferred

A microphone for your PC

Can get.

Smackdown vs Raw 2010

A camcorder

facebook

Will PM in stats. Huzzah!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="panix04" data-cite="panix04" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26668" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Here is a form to make posting stats a tad easier:<p> </p><p> remember every popularity point costs 5 points! You have a 1000 points to spend in the following categorys</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Skills:</strong></p><p> </p><p> Brawling</p><p> Pureso</p><p> Hardcore</p><p> Aerial</p><p> Flashiness</p><p> Mat Work</p><p> Chain wrestling</p><p> Submissions</p><p> Microphone</p><p> Charisma</p><p> Acting</p><p> Anouncing</p><p> Athleticism</p><p> Toughness</p><p> Stamina</p><p> Power</p><p> Basics</p><p> Psychology</p><p> Safety</p><p> Consistency</p><p> Selling</p><p> Respect</p><p> Reputation</p><p> Sex Appeal</p><p> Star Quality</p><p> Menace</p><p> Intensity</p><p> Stiffness</p><p> Resilience</p><p> Refereeing</p><p> MMA Style</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Popularity: (I am not bothering with the rest of the world as the fed is so small!)</strong></p><p> </p><p> Midlands</p><p> North</p><p> Scotland</p><p> South</p><p> Ireland</p><p> </p><p> <strong>you also have 500 points to spend on performance:</strong></p><p> </p><p> Face</p><p> Heel</p><p> </p><p> Cool</p><p> ****y</p><p> Crazy</p><p> Legit</p><p> Comedy</p><p> Weasel</p><p> Brute</p><p> Weird</p><p> Wholesome</p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd like you to re-consider the points on the skills, to make them more in line with the points for heel/face, etc. I think 1500 (Without counting the 100 points for reputation-should be automatic). Otherwise It's almost better to pick 9 things to be 100 at (again, not counting the reputation skill), to make a character be somewhat ok in one aspect of the ring (be it entertainment or wrestling skills).</p><p> </p><p> No problem either way, but I think it would balance the characters out better (give people a chance to put a couple of skillpoints in other area's besides what they want to be halfway good at).</p>

Archived