Eddie Peak vs Benny Benson

Bryan Vessey vs Sam Keith

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

"I Quit" Match for the TCW World Heavyweight Championship

Ricky Dale Johnson vs Tommy Cornell

Final Reckoning Cell Match

Samoan Violence Unlimited vs The New Wave

TCW World Tag Team Championship Match

Samoans have been pretty dominant and I think that it will lead to title reign here

Joshua Taylor vs Sammy Bach

TCW International Championship Match

Bach isn´t dropping the title yet

Troy Tornado vs Joey Minnesota

Not sure about this one

Koshiro Ino vs Wolf Hawkins

I like Ino but Hawkins is likely to win here

It could be an upset here but it´s quite hard to predict against Peak here

I just like Sam more

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

I doubt that Law is the next champ

I have to go with younger guy here

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

no result w/ shenanigans involving Keith's sons

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

I hate predicting against my favourite team, but the Samoans have to go over here. Although I wouldn't be surprised at the titles not changing hands just yet though

Rematches don't return the title to the previous holder without a very good reason - and Taylor has no reason.

Purely on the basis that you stated that the winner is likely to be the next challenger to Rocky. Otherwise this is 50/50.

Wolf wins, wants a title shot, and tension ensues between him and TC.

I know you aren't too hot on Benny - but having him face Eddie again - that's just cruel!

He's a little younger, and you need a top face for Wolf / Tommy to go through to get to Rocky

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

As others have said, Law isn't the next champ, so Rocky retains

Tommy has to win to maintain his credibility. RDJ losing doesn't really harm him, as it is expected by 99% of the world that TC always beats him. Besides, he already has the Peak feud to move onto, while TC needs to be back in the title picture (or at least feud with Minnesota / Ino / Vessey)

Draw to extend the feud till next ppv

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

Samoans' seem to have been on an unstoppable roll and after coming up short last month in the 4 way Ladder match, I see them taking the belts here.

Like others I don't see Bach dropping the title back to Taylor.

This one could go either way, but with the World Title currently currently held by a babyface, I'll side with the heel on this one, as whoever wins here could well be the next challenger for the title.

Ino is a solid upper-midcard prescence but right now Hawkins with the slow burning tension between himself and his mentor Tommy Cornell has more direction going for him.

Peak destroys Benson and then moves onto bigger targets, once he has recovered from the hellacious beating at the hands of Peak, Benson returns to his more natural home of the All Action Division.

Vessey has the credibility to go over Keith, and with a good few more years left in him it was more productive to keep Vessey stronger than Keith. At this stage of his career Keith should still be treated with respect and not jobbed out to all and sundry but at the same time when it comes to TCW's top tier talents and Vessey is amongst them he should be putting them over.

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

For all the question marks over Golden's ability as the World Champion would Rick Law be all that much of an upgrade ? When the time comes for Golden to drop the belt, he'll drop it to a more accomplished worker than Law.

RDJ may be getting on a bit but it's not time to put him out to pasteure just yet and with this match bringing an 'end' to their long running feud the heroic, dyed in the wool babyface needs to go over here, with the scheming heel getting his come uppance.

As for the aftermath RDJ's celebrations may not last long, as Eddie Peak has already given his intentions to go after Southern Justice and I could see Peak taking advantage of a physically and emotionally wrecked RDJ with a post match beatdown. Meanwhile Cornell's loss adds more fuel to the brewing tension between himself and his protege Hawkins, who after winning earlier in the night may well question more so than ever before why he should be forced to remain in Cornell's shadow.

The Samoans have been built enough to get the win here.

Sammy retains, he's got the momentum.

I think it's gonna end up being Hawkins and Minnesota with claims on title shots after TM.

See above...plus a Hawkins win furthers his tension with Cornell.

Peak is getting pushed.

Since I think Cornell wins the other legends match, I'm going with the face here.

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

I'm not expecting Law to be the champ.

RDJ is going to start elevating others to the main event and Cornell will continue to be in his prime.

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

Just a bit an update slash note...

I hope to have the show finished up and by the weekend... but that might be overly ambitious. The PPVs take a bit longer due to longer match write-ups... Still, its a target.

I think this may go in hiatus for a bit after the pay per view. I don't really want to end things, but I'm not "feeling it" the past couple of shows. Things aren't "clicking". And I can't really put my finger on what the issue is. The writing hasn't become a labor - still enjoying it and I don't feel burned out. The storylines and everything are playing out fine. I certainly don't feel underappreciated. I don't have other projects that I'm holding off on or want to give a try. It may be nothing more than having planned and looked forward to this project for so that, while its enjoyable, its not quite living up to what I had build up in my mind...?

I'll see how I feel after the show. I know I ended up feeling "burned out" and complaing that I might end things many many times in Generation Supreme before I finally did. I had hoped to go a whole lot further than this with this story, so I am hoping to continue.

Then again, maybe I'll just end this and go back to the SWF...

Just kidding! (about the SWF, not about the hiatus).

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Doesn't it matter that I'm feeling it? What about me? First you cast aside The Buffalo and I stood behind you, but now that I've converted from a Buffalo Hump to a BigPapa Bump you're gonna leave me high and dry?

Seriously though, I do love your TCW and look forward to each post. I've tried to follow other dynasties, but yours has been the only one to continuously hold my attention. To be honest I actually check GreyDog about three times a day just to see if you have posted something in this dynasty. This will be a loss....but I understand the burnout. I get burned out playing the game by itself, let alone running a dynasty. The game is amazing, but truly...it is a lot of work.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Doesn't it matter that I'm feeling it? What about me? First you cast aside The Buffalo and I stood behind you, but now that I've converted from a Buffalo Hump to a BigPapa Bump you're gonna leave me high and dry?

Seriously though, I do love your TCW and look forward to each post. I've tried to follow other dynasties, but yours has been the only one to continuously hold my attention. To be honest I actually check GreyDog about three times a day just to see if you have posted something in this dynasty. This will be a loss....but I understand the burnout. I get burned out playing the game by itself, let alone running a dynasty. The game is amazing, but truly...it is a lot of work.

I appreciate the support. And I figure if I do end this, I will be disappointing a few readers. Not sure what I'm going to end up doing, but I have been giving it some thought over the past few days and ending things after the pay per view doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I will take some time to make a decision, though.

Its not burnout, really. Not how I consider burnout at least. I think its just not quite being happy without how things have played out. Its no single one thing. Its really nothing major. Just a bunch of little things that don't quite come together like I wanted. Because its "little things", it kinda feels like I'm nit-picking, but it is what it is. It may just come down to having my expectations too high...

:( I didn't vote but I did read. Sad to see you stopping this one. :(

Not done yet. At the very least, there is one more show to come. But I do appreciate that you are reading.

Should be a good match as I like both these guys.

Rick Law vs Rocky Golden

Bigpapa42, maybe you are just bored. Personally, speaking, TCW fits your style better than SWF does, but the key issue for me, TCW 2010 is a performance-based product.

I just don't get it. TCW does fine and well as popularity-equals-performance product before. In fact, TCW's roster is, need I say, ill-suited for a performance-based product. I can't see why going away from a popularity-equals-performance product helps in anyway.

Add me to the list of people who don't often post here but checks the thread almost obsessively for updates :-p In fact, I think I mentioned somewhere earlier on that I was going back and forwards on purchasing TEW, and reading your diary pretty much inspired me to take the plunge.

That said, if you've 'lost your smile' with TCW, then there's no reason to carry on. It's not like we're paying you...wait, if we paid you, would you carry on? :p I'll be gutted if this ends, but I'll definitely look forward to whatever it is you end up doing next!

As a fellow diary writer, I know there are always slow periods when it just isn't as entertaining as you want it to be. Either there isn't a big storyline you want to play out happening, or moves you have made have kind of fizzled out.

I suggest taking a little break, play other stuff for a bit, and allow your mind to drift back to the game from time to time. I usually find if I do that, some other ideas come bubbling to the surface, other things to try and consider.

Also take a look at who is available in your game world that may interest you. I realize as TCW you already have access to almost everyone SWF hasn't signed up, but you may have not noticed or overlooked someone coming free, or soon to be available that may kindle an interest in a new storyline or idea.

Even if you have storylines and shows planned out , never be afraid to shake things up if it isn't working for you, regardless of grades or other things. Fresh looks and fresh ideas are what keep me moving through the dry stretches.

I agree with D-mack. Your TCW must now be in a position where you could almost put on a month of Regional-calibre shows where Cornell, Anderson and co. take a back seat to getting the Fly Boys or whoever over.

I also wonder about how much time you put into the game, bp. I write a lot, but I also spend a lot of time doing other stuff (work helps - writing there is something to be enjoyed) so that I don't get burnt out on it.

I'm guessing you do play other TEW games, but if not then head down to MAW, or out to Puerto Rico or wherever, just to charge your batteries. Pick up Red Dead Redemption, which is a wonderful way of spending time. Watch The Pacific, which is a whole other thing. Make a baby laugh - all ways of relaxing I heartily endorse ;)

If it comes down to it, take the Heidenreich challenge. No development, no cheating (dark matches aside). Get that lunk over, or die trying :p

Bigpapa42, maybe you are just bored. Personally, speaking, TCW fits your style better than SWF does, but the key issue for me, TCW 2010 is a performance-based product.

I just don't get it. TCW does fine and well as popularity-equals-performance product before. In fact, TCW's roster is, need I say, ill-suited for a performance-based product. I can't see why going away from a popularity-equals-performance product helps in anyway.

Bored...? Maybe. That's not really how I'm looking at it, but it might come down to that. If not bored, then at least restricted.

I have given some thought to adjusting the product. If I do continue, I may switch it to performance equalling popularity. But that's not really a major issue in terms of what's bothering me.

Add me to the list of people who don't often post here but checks the thread almost obsessively for updates :-p In fact, I think I mentioned somewhere earlier on that I was going back and forwards on purchasing TEW, and reading your diary pretty much inspired me to take the plunge.

That said, if you've 'lost your smile' with TCW, then there's no reason to carry on. It's not like we're paying you...wait, if we paid you, would you carry on? :p I'll be gutted if this ends, but I'll definitely look forward to whatever it is you end up doing next!

Appreciate that. Love that I inspired someone to get the game...

Unlike when I got near to the end of Generation Supreme, I have no other plans for other projects at this point. Nothing else pulling me in another direction.

If this does end, I don't foresee myself jumping into another project. I have nothing being planned, and I usually like to put a lot of thought into a project before starting things... which might be part of the problem here with TCW...

As a fellow diary writer, I know there are always slow periods when it just isn't as entertaining as you want it to be. Either there isn't a big storyline you want to play out happening, or moves you have made have kind of fizzled out.

I suggest taking a little break, play other stuff for a bit, and allow your mind to drift back to the game from time to time. I usually find if I do that, some other ideas come bubbling to the surface, other things to try and consider.

Also take a look at who is available in your game world that may interest you. I realize as TCW you already have access to almost everyone SWF hasn't signed up, but you may have not noticed or overlooked someone coming free, or soon to be available that may kindle an interest in a new storyline or idea.

Even if you have storylines and shows planned out , never be afraid to shake things up if it isn't working for you, regardless of grades or other things. Fresh looks and fresh ideas are what keep me moving through the dry stretches.

Thanks D-mack... I don't feel like I'm stuck in a slow period or anything - Total Mayhem is like WM for TCW and its a launching point for a lot of stuff I have planned going forward. I've been mulling over things for a few days now - and had it in the back of my mind for longer - but I'm definitely not jumping to a decision. Once the PPV is done - about halfway there - I'll take a bit of break and see where I end up.

Trying to bring in someone unexpected is an interesthing thought. There aren't too many available that would be worthwhile at this point. I would even consider editing a contract if it came down to that... but as I consider the possibilities, no one seems "right". So many guys seem like they would be a repeat of what I in the SWF. In Gen-S, I always regretted that I never created any "unlikely" stars.... which is again the case here, but I feel I'm more restricted because in-ring ability counts for so much more.

Changing up plans is an interesting thought... Right after I read that, I thought of a possible storyline to immediately follow the PPV. I quite like it... but I don't knwo that it really changes how I'm feeling about the project as a whole....

I agree with D-mack. Your TCW must now be in a position where you could almost put on a month of Regional-calibre shows where Cornell, Anderson and co. take a back seat to getting the Fly Boys or whoever over.

I also wonder about how much time you put into the game, bp. I write a lot, but I also spend a lot of time doing other stuff (work helps - writing there is something to be enjoyed) so that I don't get burnt out on it.

I'm guessing you do play other TEW games, but if not then head down to MAW, or out to Puerto Rico or wherever, just to charge your batteries. Pick up Red Dead Redemption, which is a wonderful way of spending time. Watch The Pacific, which is a whole other thing. Make a baby laugh - all ways of relaxing I heartily endorse ;)

If it comes down to it, take the Heidenreich challenge. No development, no cheating (dark matches aside). Get that lunk over, or die trying :p

Can always can count on ya, JC. Thanks.

I actually had a strong singular-focus when I was doing Generation Supreme. I have a tended to get distracted while doing writing projects, which leads to me abandoning one for something shinier and new. I didn't want that to happen, so I basically played almost no other games - nothing else on TEW, very little on the console, bought both Out of the Park Baseball and Football Manager and then played neither at all.... It was restrictive but it worked. I have imposed no such restrictions this time around, so I'm doing plenty else.

Some good suggestions, JC... mainly since a lot of it is stuff I've done or am doing... :-) Watched The Pacfic during its initial run (great show, but not as great as Band of Brothers imo). Been playing Red Dead Redemption since it came out, thought I'm only about 30% due to graphics issue with my console (old piece of junk...). I've also been playing around with other TEW10 games, notably some different real world scenarios. I am definitely not over-focusing on the diary this time around. The only thing I'm not doing is any other sort of writing project at this point.

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone.

Well then maybe you are the other way around and prefer a singular focus. What might help and I do not know if you are doing that is communicating some of your ideas via pm and get suggestions, analysis etc with some of the guys on here. Good way of getting the creative juices flowing again and the die hard board members will read anyway even if they have some inside information on what will happen. As always unpredictability is overrated as long as it is done good and is not predictable all the time.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/PPV/Big/TCWTotalMayhemXVFull.jpg</span><p> <strong>TCW The Total Mayhem XV</strong></p><p><strong> Sunday, Week 4, May 2010</strong></p><p><strong> Manhattan National Center (Tri State)</strong></p><p><strong> 28,173</strong></p><p> <object height="25" width="27"></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <embed src="<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XuBh1zwUUA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" rel="external nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XuBh1zwUUA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"</a> type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="25" width="27"></object></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Alt%20Small/JasonAzaria_alt1Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Alt%20Small/KyleRhodes_alt1Small.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>Jason Azaria & Kyle Rhodes</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Logos/Promotion%20Logos/TCWBanner.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>A Reckoning</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <em>The pay per view broadcast starts with the TCW logo on a black background. This fades into a shot of the near capacity crowd in the Manhattan National Center. As the camera scans across the rowdy arena, it stops. Hanging high above the ring is the massive Final Reckoning cell structure. Even in the darkness of the roof structure of the building, its easy to tell the cell is huge and foreboding. The show's theme music, Reckoning by “Killswitch Engage” plays as a hype video shows. </em></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Jason Azaria</strong>: Bringing you the very best in professional wrestling, this is... Total Championship Wrestling! I am Jason Azaria, and with me is my broadcast partner, Kyle Rhodes.</p><p> <strong>Kyle Rhodes</strong>: Good evening to one and all. We are set for a big night here in Manhattan! Its the biggest night of the year! Let's get things started! </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Hired%20Alt%20Small/SamoanMachine_alt5Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Hired%20Alt%20Small/RhinoUmaga_alt5Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/GuideSmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/ScoutSmall.jpg</span><p> <span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Belts/Small%20Belts/TCWTagSmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Belts/Small%20Belts/TCWTagSmall.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>Samoan Violence Unlimited vs The New Wave</strong></p><p><strong> TCW World Tag Team Championship Match</strong></p><p><strong> 560 lbs total combined weight vs 470 lbs total combined weight</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> The challengers emerge first, lead out onto the stage by Sara Silver to their driving Metallica theme song. The lovely manager looks confident ot the point of arrogance, while the two Samoans look focused and serious. The fans are not happy to see the challengers and they make that vocally clear. Their tune changes when "Electric Worry" by Clutch begins to play and the TCW World Tag Team champions emerge. The New Wave come out in full battle gear - combat fatigues, packs, and even gas masks. It's a bit odd to see the two "warriors" also carrying the championship belts. Once they get to the ring and spent a couple of moments posing with the titles, they strip out of the combat gear down to the ring gear, which is no quick process. The Samoans stare hard at the champions throughout.</p><p> </p><p> As soon as the bell rings, the match starts with a bang. Guide and Rav Umaga simply step up to the center of the ring and begin throwing strikes at each other. There is no hesitation at all from either man. The fans erupt, a hot start to the match and to the night. The opening ten minutes of the match go back and forth, with plenty of quick tags and a bit of tandem action from each, but neither team really able to take control. It is established early that one-on-one, the champions keep getting overpowered by the challengers. It happens several times as they try to wrestle the big Samoans, but the advantage keeps moving toward the challengers after a bit of back and forth. Guide and Scout manage to make frequent tags, avoiding being completely overpowered and isolated... but it begins to look like a matter of time before it happens. And it does... After a big atomic drop, Scout can't quite make it to his corner before Bali So' comes in with a series of kicks and knees. Scout then gets suplexed, and the challengers begin to work over the champion. They batter him mercilessly, with Sara Silver needlessly barking orders to the challengers from outside the ring. The Samoans know what they are doing - their teamwork timing isn't too far off that of the champions themselves, and that combines with their ferocity and power to make an overwhelming combination. Again and again, they try for the pinfall on Scout. But when he can't kick out or get a boot on the ropes, Guide interjects to keep the match going. The reigning tag team champions are in some trouble. The hot tag is teased for a long time before Guide gets tagged in and he gets a the crowd rolling as he takes it to the two challengers. It doesn't last too long, as he runs into a big forearm from Bali then takes a big corner charge from Umaga. The challengers have control again soon enough. The desperation of the champions becomes apparent and the gravity of the challenge they face is obvious. Several times, the champions try to put together some of their trademark sequences of tandem work and each time, they find themselves overwhelmed by the challengers. After Guide, the legal man, is leveled by Umaga's Rhino Charge corner spear, Scout jumps in but he takes a big forearm from Bali, followed by a Samoan headbutt off the top rope. The Samoans deliver their Mamalu Malosi Paoa dragon suplex and lariat combo to Scout, then to the legal man Guide. Bali bridges the suplex into a pin and the referee counts out three. </p><p> </p><p> After the match, the fallen champions offer their hands in respect. The Samoans shake them as the fans cheer, while Sara Silver does not look impressed. </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Samoan Violence Unlimited Win at 19:44 via Pinfall</strong></p><p><strong> Grade: B</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong> </strong></p></div></blockquote><strong>Kyle Rhodes</strong>: Big start to the night, as we have new TCW World Tag Team champions!<p> <strong>Jason Azaria</strong>: Indeed.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p> <span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/JoshuaTaylorSmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/SammyBach_alt13Small.jpg</span></p><p> <span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Belts/Small%20Belts/TCWInternationalSmall.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>Joshua Taylor vs Sammy Bach</strong></p><p><strong> TCW International Championship Match</strong></p><p><strong> 6'3” + 248 lbs vs 5'10" + 225 lbs</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> The crowd reaction for the former champion and the challenger in this match, Joshua Taylor, is solid but not spectacular. The fans like “The American Samurai” but he is not loved yet. The hate for the current TCW International champion and his unstable stable is less restrained. They are not well-liked, quite obviously. The situation doesn't get better as Acid and Hell Monkey climb into the ring with the champion and make a clear effort to intimidate the challenger, who is without backup. Taylor is not so easily intimidated. </p><p> </p><p> The match starts hot, with the two rivals going at each other hard. They throw their best offense at each other, with Bach using quickness and his aerial approach, while Taylor counters with some stiff strikes, throws and drops. The Un-stable trio of Killer, Acid, and Monkey stalk around the outside of the ring, trying to interfere in every little way they can. It quickly becomes apparent that Joshua Taylor faces an uphill battle in which he is outnumbered, but his determination never wavers. There is a roar from the when referee Ray Johnson orders the trio away from the ringside area. Sammy Bach does not look impressed but he also doesn't argue. He will have to do this on his own. The crowd gets going as the challenger puts together a nie sequence of dominant offense as the match heads toward the ten minute mark. But the match momentum switches rather suddenly when Bach hits a big dropkicksault. The champion then strings together some quick, hard-hitting offense of his own, building into a big Enzuigiri kick. He hits his Adrenaline Shot flying flip neckbreaker, but Taylor kicks out. The challenger responds, countering several kicks with strikers of his own, then grabbing the champion and delivering a big Taylor Made dragon suplex. When that doesn't keep Bach down, “The American Samurai” then delivers a Taylor Driver tiger driver. This time, Bach gets his boot on the rope. The champion then escapes to the floor and looks for some respite, but Taylor dives out after him. The pair have a quick chain wrestling sequence on the floor, which results in Taylor getting thrown hard into the security barrier. The champion takes advantage, earning a decent pop when he leaps onto the ring apron and delivers his The Fall springboard corkscrew moonsault. He gets Taylor back into the ring and goes for the pin, but the challenger kicks out. A series of kicks leads to Bach hitting The Fall a second time. There is no kickout this time as Ray Johnson counts out the three. </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Sammy Bach Wins at 15:22 via Pinfall</strong></p><p><strong> Grade: B</strong></p></div><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p> <span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/JoeyMinnesotaSmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/TroyTornadoSmall.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>Joey Minnesota vs Troy Tornado</strong></p><p><strong> 6'2” + 245 lbs vs 6'2” + 237 pounds</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> “The Philly Phenom” is not quite a home-town boy, but he gets a crowd reaction like he is. Minnesota has developed into a huge fan favorite over the past few years, and his fanbase has never been bigger than it is now. At the same time, his opponent has never been more hated. “Hollywood” stokes those fires as he makes his way down to the ring, He gestures at the fans, struts, gestures some more... and takes his time. </p><p> </p><p> The match itself is fairly slow-moving, mainly due to Tornado. He is constantly stalling, posing, preening, and arguing with the ref. The action that does occur is high-quality, however. There are nice chain wrestling sequences with some innovative transitions, but they lead to more stalling by Tornado. Even referee Eugene Williams seems to get exasperated with it. The match hits the quarter hour mark before the action really heats up, but the slow build through that fifteen has the desired effect, as the fans erupt when things get moving. There is plenty of heat between Minnesota and “Hollywood” by this point, too. The action goes back and forth, but Minnesota begins to get the better of things. The crowd roars their support. An eye-gouge by “Hollywood” slows his opponent down, and the much-hated wrestler goes for his Starmaker high-velocity flying forearm finisher, but he doesn't hit it flush. He catches enough of Minnesota to put him on his back, but the fan favorite gets a pop when he kicks out of the pin attempt with force. He rumbles to his feet, blocking the strikes that Tornado attempts to throw, then flooring his opponent with a big right hand. Minnesota goes to work with fury, connecting with several kicks, then a nice dropkick, then a running face smash. Tornado is taking a beating and the fans love it. Finally, Minnesota locks in his Minnesota Holiday sleeper hold. With a desperate lunge, Tornado breaks the hold. Minnesota releases it, does a nice roll-through takedown, and locks it in again in the center of the ring. There is escape for Tornado this time. He bravely refuses to tap out and “Hollywood” goes to sleep, forcing referee Williams to call the match. </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Joey Minnesota Wins at 22:11 via Stoppage</strong></p><p><strong> Grade: A</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong> </strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/KoshiroInoSmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/WolfHawkins_alt3Small.jpg</span><p> <strong>Koshiro Ino vs Wolf Hawkins</strong></p><p><strong> 6'2” + 295 pounds vs 6'3” + 235 lbs</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Wolf Hawkins gets his prototypical negative reaction from the fans. He is not loved. He is not even liked. Koshiro Ino gets a pretty good pop from the fans this time. He does not bother with the ceremonial samurai armor he usually wears for pay per view matches.</p><p> </p><p> The match starts out slowly, with Hawkins finding out he lacks the physical power to lock up with the face-painted Japanese warrior. Hawkins does have an edge in athleticism and quickness, and he works he make that count as he tries to move about the ring faster than Ino can, landing small bits of offense, guerrilla-style. It works, but "The Prodigy" can't avoid Ino entirely and he gets countered with some bigger offense from "The Kobra". This goes on for more than ten minutes, each worker slowing down after time as the damage gradually accumulates. Ino looks to begin to overpower the smaller wrestler. He can only keep that advantage for a few minutes, as Hawkins ends up clipping the knee of the big powerhouse, using that to take control. Using some athletic strikes combined with some cheap shots, Hawkins looks to take down Ino. He goes for several pinfalls, but Ino powers out of each with fury. He has the crowd support as he builds up to a nice little comeback, and he has Hawkins reeling as he hits an Ino Plex, then his Kobra Bite roll inverted DDT. It gives Ino the three count from the ref and a surprise win. </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Koshiro Ino Wins at 19:04 via Pinfall</strong></p><p><strong> Grade: B</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong> </strong></p></div></blockquote><strong>Kyle Rhodes</strong>: Ino with a bit of an upset here.<p> <strong>Jason Azaria</strong>: I'm not so certain how much of an upset it really is...</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p> <span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/ElmoBenson_alt1Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/EddiePeakSmall.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>Benny Benson vs Eddie Peak</strong></p><p><strong> 5'10 + 215 pounds vs 6'5” + 295 pounds</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Benny Benson emerges first, getting a nice pop from the crowd as he runs down the ramp and slides into the ring. Eddie Peak draws a bit negative reaction as he stomps down to the ring, his cold hard eyes never leaving his victim. Or opponent. Same thing, really.</p><p> </p><p> The tactic that *Benson goes for is the obvious one and not really much different from what Hawkins attempted against Ino - stick and move. Use the quickness to dart it, land some offense, and dart out. But Peak doesn't really try to counter attack. He doesn't chase, either. He just takes what offense Benson throws at him, the creepy grin never leavnign his face and his dead eyes never leaving Benson. Fans hoping for an even match where "Captain Excitement" establishes himself as an upper level worker in TCW who is capable of hanging with the "big boys" are bound to be disappointed. Benson never manages to do more than stumble Peak a bit, even when he comes off the top rope. The match is well over five minutes old when Peak finally begins his onslaught. Benson comes off the top rope, but he's basically shoved back while in the air, landing on his feet and rebounding off the ropes. Peak then whips Benson off the opposite ropes and the lightweight tries for a leap frog over his tall opponent. It doesn't work so well - Peak reaches up, essentially catches Benson, and slams him down to the mat in a fly-swat motion that somehow becomes a spinebuster. "The Predator" is suddenly on the hunt and that's bad news for Benny Benson. Its power move and power move, each executed with venom and snap. Benson sells everything hard as he's thrown around the ring *continually. Its not the kind of action that fans expect at TCW's biggest show of the year, but they buy in regardless, cheering loudly for Benson to.... Anything. He tries to mount a comeback several times, but its quickly cut off by "The Predator". Its one cringe-inducing impact after another - a short-arm lariat, then a driving knee, then a big boot, a legdrop, then a suplex... After five minutes of the one-sided assault, Benson is clearly done. The match is Peak's whenever he decides to end it. But he continues to punish his opponent. The grin never leaves his face as he lives up to the bully moniker. It becomes apparent to the fans that "Captain Excitement' is not making a comeback in this one, and they begin to boo. Not the match, but at Peak. He even gets some "f*ck you, Eddie, f*ck you" chants that are normally reserved for Tommy Cornell. Peak finally delivers his rarely-used Peak of the Devil finisher and gets his smaller opponent for the easy three count. </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Eddie Peak Wins at 16:22 via Pinfall</strong></p><p><strong> Grade: B</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p> <span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/EddiePeakSmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/ElmoBenson_alt1Small.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>Eddie Peak & Benny Benson</strong></p><p><strong> Post Match</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p><em> After the match is over, Peak reaches down and grasps Benson. He wrenches his opponent to his feet. The fans tense, expecting further damage. Referee Eugene Williams admonishes Peak, but the easily-frightened ref is chased away with but a glance.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Benson manages to stand on his own, though obviously wobbly. He stares at Peak, defeated but still defiant. Will it cost him another beatdown?</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> With slow-motion movement, Eddie Peak extends his hand. Benson stares at, uncertain. The fans cheer him to ignore it. Benson looks set to, until he looks up into the face of Peak. No creepy grin or dead eyes. Its straight earnest. Benson shakes. Peak nods and climbs out of the ring.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> No words are exchanged, but the communication is obvious - respect earned.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Grade: B+</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong> </strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p> <span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/BryanVesseySmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/SamKeith_alt12Small.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>Bryan Vessey vs Sam Keith</strong></p><p><strong> 6'5” + 252 lbs vs 6'1” + 235 lbs</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Although this is not even the semi main event yet, the fans are hot. The heat from the fans contribute to the big match feel. The commentators play up the "first time meeting" aspect in the build. Sam Keith emerges first, and he gets a familiar wall of boos. Keith taunts and enrages the fans, much like Troy Tornado does, but with far more subtly. The 48-year old legend climbs into the ring and moves around, an apex predator marking out its territory. But that supremacy will be challenged. There is nothing subtle about Bryan Vessey. "Shogun" emerges to the opening strains of "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple, which is almost drowned out by a massive reception from the fans. He is focused and intense. He is ready.</p><p> </p><p> The bell rings and the match is underway. The two veterans eye each other and circle the ring. They are both tense and looking for an opening. They engage but only briefly. They engage again and rush through a rapid sequence of chain wrestling, then disengaging and circling some more. The teasing start has the fans practically frothing. The action starts proper and its everything that the fans expected – quick-paced, innovative, and constant action. The pair of legends take it to each other. The open twenty minutes is back and forth, with neither controlling the action for two long. Sam Keith targets the lower back of his opponent, working to set up his famed Proton Lock finisher with maximum effect. Vessey goes for bigger offense, using high impact moves to wear down his older opponent. The action slows down at the twenty minute mark. The damage is clearly accumulating on both wrestlers. The match looks to be heading home... yet continues for another quarter hour. That left fifteen minutes is full of near finishes, with the fans kept continually on their edge of their seats. Each is continually looking for their big move – Vessey trying for his lethal Vessey Driver and “The Living Legend” Keith looking to lock in his legendary Proton Lock. He manages the Neutron Plex head and arm suplex, which typically sets up the Proton Lock, three times before he is finally able to lock the modified Scorpion deathlock in. The crowd exhales, waiting for the inevitable tap. But Vessey powers his way to the rope. Forcing a break thats rarely managed, Vessey is given no time to recover. Keith goes right back to work setting up his feared hold, but Vessey fights back, hitting several big elbows and then his Vessey Plex. It goes back and forth, with the feeling that either wrestler could hit the move required to end the match. Three times Sam Keith manages to get “Shogun” into the Proton Lock... and three times Vessey finds a way out. The third time looks hopeless, until Vessey manages to twist, hook Keith's leg, and uses pure power and determination to roll through into a pin attempt. They trade pinfall attempts, but Keith knows his best chance to win is to find a way to lock in the Proton Lock again. He doesn't get that chance. Vessey finds a surge of adrenaline and charges his veteran opponent, overwhelming him with knee and elbow strikes. He sets up his Vessey Driver spinning Death Valley Driver and flops into Keith for the pin. The ref counts out the three as the fans erupt in joy. </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Bryan Vessey Wins at Wins at 36:02 via Pinfall</strong></p><p><strong> Grade: A</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong> </strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p> <span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickLaw_alt24Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/RockyGoldenSmall.jpg</span></p><p> <span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Belts/Small%20Belts/TCWWorldSmall.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>Rick Law vs Rocky Golden</strong></p><p><strong> “I Quit” Match for the TCW World Heavyweight Championship</strong></p><p><strong> 6'7” + 305 lbs vs 6'7” + 330 lbs</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Concerns that the previous match may have burned out the crowd to some degree are alleviated immediately, as they roar their hatred as soon as Rick Law's Guns n' Roses entrance music begins to play. Law is entirely focused. He acts as if the massive crowd simply doesn't exist. It can't be easy to ignore the crowd they erupt at the first sign of Rocky Golden. The TCW World Heavyweight champion emerges, with his girlfriend at this side. The roar doesn't die down as they take their time getting down to the ring. The champion is all smiles and high-fives for the fans as he makes his way down to the ring, but once he's in that ring and hands over the TCW World Heavyweight championship belt to the ref, he is all business. There is tangible intensity in the stare down across the ring between Golden and the challenger. </p><p> </p><p> There is no feeling out process. No gradual engagement. As soon as the introductions are finished and the bell rings, the two men step up to the center of the ring and begin throwing bombs at each other. Building off the match a month before, they attack with pure animosity and hatred. Much as in the previous encounter, Golden holds an edge in terms of power while Law simply has superior striking, with each trying to make that advantage count. The match is a war and the opening minutes are a blitzkrieg. The fans love it. Miss Sara is much more active than normal, pacing the ringside area and shouting encouragement to her boyfriend. It makes her presence much more noticeable, but it doesn't seem to help the champion much, as he clearly has his hands full with a very determined Rick Law. For his part, referee Ray Johnson simply tries to stay out of the way, the microphone in his hand. When the match moves outside the ring, it begins to get ugly. Law gets overpowered and tossed the mat, sliding under bottom rope and taking a frustrated moment of respite. The champion doesn't give it, chasing his opponent down to the floor. It's a bad choice. Golden is cut open when his skull is bounced off the ringpost, and then Law grabs a chair and really goes to work. The challenger uses the chair as a weapon even more effectively than he can use his extendable baton - he uses the edge the chair to drive it into Golden's ribs and even thighs, then smashes it over the champions back. The effects are almost immediate, as the big lumbering champion moves more slowly. But he looks no less determined. They move back inside the ring, with Law in control. He works over the champion, cutting off several attempted comebacks. Law rocks Golden with a big Justice Jam uppercut, then quite literally shakes the ring with a stalling Atomic Drop of the hefty champion. Golden does mount his comeback, however, ducking under a short arm lariat and hitting a huge cross body block on the challenger. The champion heaves himself to his feet and begins his classic comeback, blocking the precision strikes thrown by Law and countering with his own. He delivers an epic spinebuster that ignites the crowd. Law takes a big boot, then escapes outside the ring. They battle outside the ring, but its the champion getting the better of things now. The challenger looks to be in some trouble after getting a big spear into the security barrier. Golden delivers another spinebuster, this one onto the floor, after which referee Johnson asks Law if he wants to quit. The answer is simply getting shoved out of the way. The champion moves away to the opposite side of the ringside area, conferring with his girlfriend. It gives Law a chance to recover. The two warriors climb back into the ring. They circle for a moment, then go after each other once again with venom. Both still have plenty of determination, but its clear the war they have waged so far has taken its toll. As they hit some big offense on each other, the ref is there to ask the question - “Do you quit?” Again and again, the answer is no. </p><p> </p><p> The two rivals move in and out of the ring, damaging each other in every way they can think of. The ringside area itself becomes a weapon. Both mean are bleeding. Rick Law gradually takes over, hitting another Justice Jam uppercut that wobbles the champion outside the ring, hten following it up with several big knees. He then picks up the 330-pound fan favorite and slams him hard into the security railing. A ring post to the head comes next. Rick Law goes digging around the timekeepers table and comes up with his trademark extendable baton - he left it with his shirt and hat that he wore down to the ring. The big challenger slowly extends the metal baton, stalking the champion, who see s it coming but too late. Rocky Golden takes two vicious shots with the baton, one to the ribs and one to his thigh. Golden drops to his knees. Before Law can deliver a third, which seems to be lined up for the champions head, referee Ray Johnson grabs the baton from Law. The challenger refuses to let go, resulting in a tug of war. The fans cheer on the referee, who actually wins this one. Though he really has no right to interfere and take the baton from the challenger, Johnson does just that. For a moment, Law appears to contemplate attacking the ref. Instead, he finds another chair and goes after Golden. The champion is back on his feet. He takes several shots to the midsection from the edge of the chair, each one forcing him to stumble backward, up the ramp. The champion is barely there, wobbling as he gets drilled with the chair repeatedly. The challenger slowly chases the champion as he stumbles backward up the ramp. At the top of the ramp, he delivers a vicious shot to the top of the head. Golden drops to a knee, but when referee Johnson shoves the microphone in his face, Golden refuses to quit. Miss Sara is still down at ringside, screaming in horror as Rick Law delivers more chair shots, to the head, shoulders, ribs, and even thighs of the champion. Rocky Golden makes it to the foot of the ramp, then collapses in a heap.</p><p> </p><p> The series of blows that Law delivers with the chair seems to be never ending. The chair is horribly mangled. The champion is a nearly-motionless lump at the foot of the ramp. But when referee Ray Johnson approaches with the microphone, the champion still manages to issue a weak denial - "No". The fans roar. Law stares, his face slowly disintegrating into pure rage. He lifts the chair again, ready to use the misshapen weapon further. Suddenly Miss Sara dives into the screen, throwing his lithe form atop of that of her boyfriend. Everything stops. Rick Law stares down coldly at the lovely young woman as she tries to cover the champions huge body with her own. But if she believes that Rick Law is above hitting a woman.... The challenger emphatically lifts the chair above his head and winds up another nasty shot. Ray Johnson looks at the situation, clearly debating whether he should do something. He gets not chance. The champion, barely conscious but realizing the situation, calls out the two fateful words...</p><p> </p><p> "I quit."</p><p> </p><p> And with that, Rocky Golden is no longer TCW World Heavyweight champion.</p><p> </p><p> For a moment, Law stands still ready with the chair, whether surprised at the win or still contemplating hitting Miss Sara with the chair. He finally throws the chair aside. He gives one last disdainful look to the fallen champion and his consoling, sobbing girlfriend, and then climbs into the ring as the new TCW World Heavyweight champion.</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Rick Law Wins at 24:44 via Quit</strong></p><p><strong> Grade: B</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p> <span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickLaw_alt24Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/RockyGoldenSmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Media/BlankPartSmall.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Hired%20Managers%20Small/SaraMarieYork_alt3Small.jpg</span></p><p> <strong>Rick Law, Rocky Golden & Miss Sara</strong></p><p><strong> Post Match</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <em>Rick Law was hated before. But this takes things to a new level. He steps up to the middle of the ring and raises his arms in victory. The fans begin to pelt the ring with garbage. Its just a few cups thrown at first, but it becomes a lot more. The new champion is oblivious. As a hail of harmless debris is thrown at the ring, he accepts the championship belt from referee Ray Johnson. There is no joy on Rick Law's face. No satisfaction of accomplishment, even. Just more anger.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> He doesn't take long to celebrate. Its not his style. He soon clears out of the ring, but he takes a moment to stand over his fallen opponent, who is still at the foot of the ramp. The TCW Attendants are trying to check on him, but they hold back as Rick Law approaches. The new champion, with the belt over his shoulder, stands and stares down at his fallen rival, then stomps up the ramp without looking back.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> The TCW Attendants and Miss Sara help Rocky Golden to his feet. The fans let loose a chant of "Thank you, Rocky, thank you" that is taken up by the entire arena. As the big man is helped up the ramp, TCW staffers clean up the ringside area.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em> Golden manages to stand on his own, obviously in pain, but holds one arm aloft. He gets a resounding cheer.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Grade: A</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong> </strong></p></div></blockquote><strong>Jason Azaria</strong>: I'm not sure how Rick Law can take any joy in a victory won in a manner like that...<p> <strong>Kyle Rhodes</strong>: He doesn't look so happy... Regardless, he is the new TCW World Heavyweight champion.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26682" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/TommyCornell_alt5Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpg</span><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickyDaleJohnson_alt12Small.jpg</span><p> <strong>Tommy Cornell vs Ricky Dale Johnson</strong></p><p><strong> Final Reckoning Cell Match</strong></p><p><strong> 6'4” + 260 lbs vs 6'4” + 295 lbs</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> To say the crowd is hot for the main event would be a massive understatement... They are near nuclear. Nearly thirty thousand fans that seem to be moving as one, seething and rocking, irate over the title change. They seem to grow ever louder as the massive Final Reckoning cell structure is lowered down from the upper reaches of the Manhattan Center, descending at an ominous crawl. TCW staffers move around the ringside area, moving some of the ringside mats so that the cell is sitting on bare concrete. The slow-descending cell finally meets that bare concrete with a resounding thud.</p><p> </p><p> The Final Reckoning cell lacks a traditional door. Rather, the wall of the cell that faces the entrance ramp has entire reinforced section that pivots up, creating a six-foot tall by eight-foot wide doorway. It is Tommy Cornell who comes out first, the ace of Total Championship Wrestling met with the full brunt of the hatred of nearly thirty thousand. It doesn't phase the man called "Mr. TCW". The reception for Ricky Dale Johnson is nearly as strong in the opposite direction. "The Lone Star Hero" is beloved, even in Manhattan. The crowd has alternating chants going - "F*ck him up, Ricky, f*ck him up!" and the familiar "F*ck you, Tommy, f*ck you!" After both men are inside the cage with referee Sam Sparrow, the pivot section is lowered, locked into place, and then secured with several chains and padlocks. There is no escaping from this cell.</p><p> </p><p> The crowd pops again as the bell rings and the familiar opponents lock up. With a rivalry that's run nearly a decade and literally hundreds of matches between them, there is nothing the pair haven't done as opponents. So Cornell and RDJ wisely play off the epic crowd heat, keeping the match fairly even and using small sequences of action to build toward a series of bigger spots, giving the fans chances to react and let off some of that energy. The match remains in the ring for the first ten minutes, then goes to the floor. The cell structure is soon used as a weapon unto itself - first by Cornell, who gets RDJ leaking blood, then by RDJ who does the same to Cornell. The match slows somewhat as the damage inflicted by the cell and the ringside area takes its toll on both wrestlers. Both men, despite being bloodied, remain steadfastly determined. There is a huge pop as Johnson delivers a Texas Hold 'Em, his over shoulder backbreaker and then driving Cornell's stomach into the ring-post outside the ring. The pop is even bigger when RDJ delivers his Southern Justice Nadowa choke slam off the ring steps, throwing Cornell hard into the cell wall. It would be enough to break many wrestlers, but Tommy Cornell is no ordinary wrestler. He picks himself up, fighting back. He takes control back when he delivers a wicked low-blow kick. Although referee Sparrow admonishes “Rough Justice”, there is nothing he can do. Cornell begins pealing back some of the mats between the ring and the edge of the cell wall, leaving bare concrete. With the fans howling at the hated ace of TCW, Cornell grins and delivers his vaunted Rough Ride suplex to a slingshot, then twisting to a facebuster, smashing Johnson onto the bare concrete. He turns over the big brawler and pins him, but Sparrow makes no attempt to count the pin. Cornell realizes his mistake, getting RDJ into the ring with some difficulty and then going for the pin... but Johnson gets a foot onto the ropes. The crowd goes crazy. </p><p> </p><p> Cornell continues to control the action, inflicting more damage onto his eternal rival. Everything changes when RDJ hits an out-of-nowhere short arm lariat, then throws Cornell from the ring. “Rough Justice” bounties off the cell wall and lands hard on the patch of concrete he himself laid bare. It gives “The Lone Star Hero” time to recover. Just as Cornell makes it back to his feet, he is leveled again by RDJ diving through the ropes onto him, smashing him hard into the cell wall. They continue to battle in and around the ring, both still bleeding. RDJ ends up delivering another Southern Justice choke slam, right onto the bare concrete. Cornell takes a suplex onto it a short time later. Johnson never goes for the pin. He keeps inflicting damage as the match becomes more and more one-sided. Cornell delivers a throat punch, but he can't advantage of it for long. Back inside the ring, Ricky Dale Johnson delivers a series of big lariats, putting Cornell down again and again. The Texan leaps high and drops a big knee onto Cornell. The crowd cheers RDJ on. When Cornell struggles to his feet again, he takes a vicious boot to the chest. Never the kind to give up, “Rough Justice” tries again to rise to his feet, and he takes a big kick to the skull from RDJ. The fans go insane, thirty thousand strong thrilled. Tommy Cornell is not getting up from the final blow. He's out. Referee Sam Sparrow checks on him before calling a stop to the match. </p><p> </p><p> The roar of the crowd reaches a new level. Its deafening, drowning out the excited commentary of the announcers. Ricky Dale Johnson does no celebration, however. He grins, but sits down in the corner, exhausted and drained. The Final Reckoning cell beings to rise and TCW Attendants swarm beneath it to check on both wrestlers. </p><p> </p><p> The show closes with the fans chanting Ricky Dale Johnson's' praises. </p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Ricky Dale Johnson Wins at 29:18 via Referee Stoppage</strong></p><p><strong> Grade: A</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><strong> </strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Grade/grade_a.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p>

Archived