Total Championship Wrestling: Tuesday Night Wars

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry... you'll be waiting a bit longer, I'm afraid... I will try to have it up sometime this weekend, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done with family in town. I don't want to rush this one.

Ahh dang. Have fun with your family.

I am just curious as to how the best 2 out of 3 falls matches end up. Could change the entire dynamic of your company depending on the results of that match.

Eddie Peak vs Bryan Vessey

The question: What is holding Eddie Peak back this week? The answer: An uberly talented douchebag with dead eyes.

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

I'm pretty annoyed about this feud being added into the database, for reasons that shall become apparant. Anyway, I prefer Ino to Law, so I go with him. Pretty even match-up, though.

Troy Tornado vs Benny Benson

Ladder War Match

Benson getting the original upset worked for debuting him hotly, but Tornado losing this match would mean Benson wins the feud, therefore putting him above Tornado on the card..that just isn't something I would do.

Joey Minnesota vs Wolf Hawkins

2 out of 3 Falls Match

Another prediction done strickly by card placement. Hawkins is just a step above the idiot that has the right to creative input for some reason.

Sam Keith vs Rocky Golden

TCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Was really surprised to see that Keith's still wrestling, I thought he'd be retired by 2010, for sure. Maybe Adam wanted him to stay wrestling with TCW for a longer period, so people would start seeing him as a TCW guy? Anyhow, really don't see the title swapping to a 40+ year old. On the first PPV. In it's semi-main event..

Ricky Dale Johnson vs Tommy Cornell

2 out of 3 Falls Match

I don't know what the score for this feud is in your mind, but for me it's 50ish wins to Tommy, and about 3 to Ricky Dale. :p

Appreciate the nod in the opening write up, by the way. My next show SHOULD be posted by now, but my damned PC decided to stop booting up last week, right before I started writing my semi-main. Now posting from my mom's office. Think I'll try and get the rest of the show written on here, and then PM to myself, so I can add it to my show write-up and post it as soon as my computer's fixed. Sound like a good idea to you?

Ahh dang. Have fun with your family.

I am just curious as to how the best 2 out of 3 falls matches end up. Could change the entire dynamic of your company depending on the results of that match.

Thanks. And that booking was done very very intentionally. It will have an effect on things going forward... though its not going to be the effect that most are likely to anticipate...

definately looking forward to seeing what happens with the results but real life is more important.

TakerNGN74

Thanks.

Don't feel pressured to overachieve! Most likely anything you put up the fans will be happy about it. I know I will.

I'm not shooting for perfection... just don't want to do it halfway.

Appreciate the nod in the opening write up, by the way. My next show SHOULD be posted by now, but my damned PC decided to stop booting up last week, right before I started writing my semi-main. Now posting from my mom's office. Think I'll try and get the rest of the show written on here, and then PM to myself, so I can add it to my show write-up and post it as soon as my computer's fixed. Sound like a good idea to you?

Hell yes! Get that show up!

With my knowledge of the Cornellverse not being so great i'm going to refrain from predicting for the first month or so until I can get a feel for your roster and hopefully learn more about TCW.

Looking forward to this getting underway. I haven't read your SWF one, but when you get over 30 predictions for your first show then you must be pretty damn good. :D

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

Troy Tornado vs Benny Benson - Ladder War Match

Joey Minnesota vs Wolf Hawkins - 2 out of 3 Falls Match

Sam Keith vs Rocky Golden - TCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Ricky Dale Johnson vs Tommy Cornell - 2 out of 3 Falls Match

With my knowledge of the Cornellverse not being so great i'm going to refrain from predicting for the first month or so until I can get a feel for your roster and hopefully learn more about TCW.

Looking forward to this getting underway. I haven't read your SWF one, but when you get over 30 predictions for your first show then you must be pretty damn good. :D

Glad to have you along for the ride. I tried to keep up with the WWF project but I have to admit I fell behind. I'll see what I can do about opening up the world of the CornellVerse to you... but in that regard, there are some other great reads on here.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with all the predictions. I'd love to say its a sign of greatness... but probably more indicitive of coming disappointment for all you readers. :-)

Great! I watch the forums every day to see if BP has his new diary started - then i go out of town for a week and BAM! New diary and I'm already 8 pages behind!

Good thing I called in sick today! now I have something to keep me occupied!

Well, at least it should be a quick 8 pages to catch up on... as there isn't a show yet. Just four "segments" and a lot of comments and predictions.

Glad to have you aboard, tutt.

Well, at least it should be a quick 8 pages to catch up on... as there isn't a show yet. Just four "segments" and a lot of comments and predictions.

Glad to have you aboard, tutt.

You were right. that was quick. Only took me 2 hours to catch up and that's including an hour I wasted watching Olympic curling! lol And given the mass of predictions, I think I'm going to lay low this time round when it comes to them - unless of course i really have something to say about a particular match. I'll mainly just stick to inserting random witty comments about roster size and other such things! :p

Eddie Peak vs Bryan Vessey - I'm a Shark Mark!

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law - Bad Cop all the way.

Troy Tornado vs Benny Benson - Ladder War Match - Benson without Bling makes me sad. :(

Joey Minnesota vs Wolf Hawkins - 2 out of 3 Falls Match - 2-0 Joey...

Sam Keith vs Rocky Golden - TCW World Heavyweight Championship Match - No change yet.

Ricky Dale Johnson vs Tommy Cornell - 2 out of 3 Falls Match -2-1 Tommy, making it 3-2 to the babyfaces overall and leading to the obvious Hawkins/Cornell feud.

Add to me the list of people that never caught up on your SWF diary, but will be following along with this one. The number of predictions here is ridiculous, so why not add one more...post the show, post the show, post the show :)

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

Ladder War Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

Joey sweeps Wolf and RDJ gets one against Tommy, so the Freedom Fighers win 3-2.

Add one more prediction. I have never had time to read your SWF diary but even a quick look to it made sure that I will enjoy this one.

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

Ladder War Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

2 out of 3 Falls Match

Great to see you back in action. Having read Generation Supreme from the beginning... after you had stopped writing, I vowed never to fall behind should you choose to write again.

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/PPV/Big/TCWWartoSettleFull.jpg

TCW The War to Settle the Score 2010

Sunday, Week 4, 2010

Nevada State Armoury (South West)

<object width="27" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bDAcEgRj8A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="27" height="25"></object>

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Alt%20Small/JasonAzaria_alt1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Alt%20Small/KyleRhodes_alt1Small.jpg

Jason Azaria & Kyle Rhodes

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Logos/Promotion%20Logos/TCWBanner.jpg

The Beginning is The End is the Beginning

The pay per view begins with a TCW logo, which fades into The War to Settle the Score logo, which fades into a wide shot of the arena. There is no barrage of pyrotechnics or rock concert level laser light show... Just nearly thirty thousand raucous fans making the Nevada State Armoury rock. The fans break into the stereotypical “Tee-Cee-Dub” chants. There is a stark simplicity to the whole TCW approach. The ring is draped in black, save for a few splashes of white – the turnbuckles, the middle rope, and the TCW logo in the center of the mat... A spartan podium where the wrestlers are the stars. The stage and ramp are equally spartan and utilitarian. No massive banks of monitors – just black metal, stainless steel, and a few TCW logos. The TCW ethos intentionally lacks the family-friendly polish of other American promotions. It has an intentional grittiness, and that starts with the rowdy fans. The PPV then fades into a promo video set to the event's theme...

Jason Azaria: Bringing you the very best in professional wrestling, this is... Total Championship Wrestling! I am Jason Azaria, and with me is my broadcast partner, Kyle Rhodes.

Kyle Rhodes: Good evening to one and all. We are set for a big night here in Las Vegas, Nevada. Welcome to the War to Settle the Score! Let's get things started!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/EddiePeakSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/BryanVesseySmall.jpg

6'5” + 325 lbs vs 6'5” + 252 lbs

The show starts strong, with a bitter feud between these two. Vessey comes down to the ring first, followed by 325-pounds of walking violence known as Eddie Peak. Peak slides into the ring and immediately nails the man known as “Shogun” with a trademark animalistic spear. Ring announcer Shawn Doakes scrambles out of the ring as the referee Eugene Williams calls for the bell. It makes no difference, as the battle is already underway. Peak tries to unleash some strikes on his opponent, but Vessey manages to scramble to his feet. The two men brawl back and forth, hammering away at each other without restraint. The fans eat it up, urging the wrestlers on. Vessey actually starts to get the better of the exchange with a big series of forearm strikes. He drops after a bionic elbow from Peak, but before the 325-pound monster can capitalize, Vessey is back up and delivers a perfect roundhouse kick to side of Peak's head. The kick sends Peak sprawling from the ring. Vessey follows to the floor, but gets slammed into the guard rail. The bigger man punishes “Shogun” as he slams him viciously into the ring apron, then the ringside barrier again, and then finally slams Vessey's head into a ringpost. His sternum is driven hard into the guard rail, leaving Vessey favoring his ribs. Peak delivers not one, not two, but three huge backdrops on the thin matting of the floor. Each one elicits a big reaction from the fans. Peak then slides into the ring to beat the ref's count. Williams admonishes Peak, which prevents the big man from capitalizing and gives Vessey a chance to recover. The middleweight veteran makes it back into the ring, but he's clearly in trouble. Peak continues to assault his opponent, but he doesn't even attempt the pin. He seems more intent on damaging and destroying Vessey, focusing on the ribs that Vessey is clearly favoring.. He can't break “Shogun's” will, however, as Vessey continues to battle and fight. He manages a big Vessey Plex out of nowhere, and the complexion of the match suddenly changes. With a burst of relentless offense, Vessey takes control and has Peak on his heels. With the advantage, Vessey begins trying for pinfalls, but doesn't come that close to keep Peak down for the three. The relentless pace of the match has both men looking near-exhausted, but they continue to battle. No quarter. After a close near-fall, Peak delivers a big shoulder block off the ropes, then goes for a Peak of Perfection. Vessey blocks and gets another Vessey Plex instead. He follows it up immediately with a Vessey Driver, then goes for the pin. Eddie Peak doesn't have enough left to kick out, and “Shogun” Bryan Vessey scores the victory.

Both competitors seem exhausted after the frantic, relentless pace of the match. The TCW Attendants slide into the ring after the bell to check on both men. Peak stumbles to his feet, shrugging off the attentions of the attendants. He roars his displeasure at the heavens, then stalks out of the ring and up the ramp. After being checked out, Vessey has his arm raised in victory. He celebrates, even as he grimaces and holds his ribs.

Bryan Vessey Wins at 16:12 via Pinfall

Grade: B+

Kyle Rhodes: Now that was a war. I really didn't expect Vessey to be able to win if he fought Peak's fight. But he did just that and he came out on top!

Jason Azaria: It looks like it cost him, though... He's definitely favoring those ribs.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/KoshiroInoSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickLaw_alt21.jpg

Koshiro Ino vs Rick Law

6'2” + 295 lbs vs 6'7” + 305 lbs

Koshiro Ino emerges to “Godzilla” by Blue Oyster Cult, the stage swathed in smoke and low lighting. Clad in the traditional samurai armor that he wears for big events, Ino gets a big pop from the crowd. Down at ringside, “The Kobra” begins the process of removing the armor... only to be waylaid by Rick Law from behind. The once-beloved brawler is drenched with hatred from the fans, and it only grows hotter when he flashes the extend-able police baton that has been his weapon of choice for the past 18 months. Ino takes several blows across his back and legs, dropping him to his knees. Law then chokes the big “Burning Warrior” with the baton. Referee Ray Johnson hollers at the man once called TCW's “Guardian Angel”, but to no avail. So the ref calls for the bell and Law stops the baton assault, knowing he will get disqualified.

Ino makes it into the ring, where Law continues the assault, except with his fists. The big ex-cop unleashes some of his trademark strikes. Ino is barely able to fight back. “The Guardian Devil” goes for several pinfall attempts, trying to end things quickly. Despite the baton assault, Ino still has plenty of fight left as he kicks out with vigor. The crowd gets behind his comeback, cheering him on. “The Kobra” gets some momentum going and starts to put Law on the defensive – several knee strikes are followed by a big shoulder block, and then a trademark Ino running superkick. Law smartly rolls out of the ring to recover. The painted warrior makes the mistake of following Law to the floor. “The Law” uses a cameraman as a distraction, landing a headbutt and a Justice Jam uppercut. He follows it up with a Squad Car Slam on the floor. Law is clearly in control. Ref Johnson makes a mistake, as he climbs through the ropes and onto the apron to holler at the two wrestlers. Sensing another opportunity, Law shoves Ino backward into Johnson, who falls back through the ropes into the ring with some force, slamming his head into the mat. Ever opportunistic, Law grabs his baton off the timekeepers table, dramatically extending it before smashing Ino right in the face-paint. The 6'7', 305-pound then shows off his strength by carrying the 295-pound Ino into the ring. A big Squad Car Slam sets up a particularly nasty Long Arm of the Law Lariat clothesline. Then the pin.... A groggy Johnson counts out the three ever slow slowly. Ino kicks out, but a breath too late. The bell rings and its over. Rick Law slides out of the ring and gloats at ringside, his trust baton in hand. Ino is checked over by the uniformed attendants as he looks angry.

Rick Law Wins at 12:15 via Pinfall

Grade: B

Kyle Rhodes: Once again, Koshiro Ino comes up short. I don't have the feeling he's going to give up, however.

Jason Azaria: No, I think not. And once again, Rick Law proves willing to do whatever it takes to secure victory.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/ElmoBenson_alt1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/TroyTornadoSmall.jpg

Benny Benson vs Troy Tornado

5”10 + 215 lbs vs 6'2” + 237 lbs

Ladder War Match

The ring and ringside area are littered with ladders. There is more than a dozen, and they are in every shape and size. From short six-foot utility ladders painted orange to 15-foot monstrosities. Some are set up and some simply laying about. The mess of ladders is clearly the ideal battleground for a Ladder War match. Benny Benson emerges first, racing down the ramp to the ring, racing up a long ladder that is leaning against the top rope of the ring at a low angle, and then doing a flip off of it into the ring. The relative newcomer gets a pretty positive reception... but that pales in comparison to the negativity thrown at Troy Tornado when he emerges. He gets his “Hollywood” entrance, walking out onto the stage to swirling smoke and flashing lights beneath the stage. It makes for a cool effect. Tornado finishes his posing, then struts his way down to the ring.

The match starts slowly, with “Hollywood” refusing to engage with Benson. He mocks the smaller wrestler, but gets a hard open-handed slap that the fans cheer heartily. Before Tornado can respond, he receivers several quick snap kicks from Benson, that send Tornado into the ropes, but he rebounds by throwing a big knee that catches the 5'10” Benson in the chest. And its on. The two men spend the next ten-plus minutes breathlessly attacking each other. There isn't much story to it, just an all-out sprint. The ladders come into play almost immediately – first as weapons, then as platforms for the two wrestlers to work. There are some big moments, though the pair refrain from going too insane with the spots, and the match doesn't lack of psychology, despite the simple story. Things finally slow down after both men topple from a ladder outside the ring to the floor below. Benson is up first, and takes control of the action. Back inside the ring, he tries for several pin attempts but Tornado has enough left to kick out. When Benson goes for his Shockwave from Next Year running Enzuigiri kick, Tornado ducks under and rolls out of the ring. Benson attempts a suicide dive to the delight of the crowd, but ist a mistake as Tornado again gets out of the way... “Captain Excitement” instead crashes hard into a ladder and crumbles to the floor. It takes Tornado a long moment to be able to take advantage, but he gets his opponent back into the ring. He props Benson up against a ladder and then goes up to the top rope to deliver the elevated version of his finisher, the Super Star Maker. Then, he reconsiders and comes down, deciding instead to set up another ladder and climb to the top. The fans scream for Benson to move, as the former tag team specialist is slowly coming to... Tornado launches himself at Benson from ten feet above, the crowd tries to verbally urge Benson out of the way... But to no avail. The forearm of “Hollywood” smashes into the chest of Benson and sends the smaller wrestler flipping over the ladder he was leaned against. Tornado goes for the pin and Benson can't manage to kick out...

Troy Tornado Wins at 12:55 via Pinfall

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/TroyTornadoSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/ElmoBenson_alt1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/EddiePeakSmall.jpg

Troy Tornado, Benny Benson & Eddie Peak

Post-Match

Tornado further incites the fans as he celebrates his victory by taunting Benson. He slowly leaves the ring and makes his way up the ramp, reveling in the heat from the fans and taunting them further. They suddenly roar their approval as Benny Benson wobbles to his feet. He stares defiantly out at Tornado. The small wrestler is beaten but not broken. Despite the loss, its clear the fans fully support the newcomer.

In a flash, Eddie Peak appears on the ramp beside Tornado. He nods at Tornado then rushes the ring. There is no fear in the eyes of Benny Benson as he attempts to hold his ground. Against the charging monstrosity that is Eddie Peak, that is a very bad decision. Benson gets leveled with the same animalistic spear that took down Bryan Vessey earlier in the night. “The Predator” rains down heavy blows – punches, forearms, elbows. Benson attempts to fight back, to get out from under the big man, but its a losing battle. Then Peak is on his feet, grabbing all 215-pounds of the lightweight and heaving him hard into the same ladder that Tornado used for his finishing dive. Benson is a limp ragdoll by this point, unable to fight back at all. But Peak is not finished. He launches the little man to the opposite corner, into another ladder. Then follows that up by executing a Peak of Perfection crucifix powerbomb onto that ladder.

The boos from the crowd go ever louder. Tornado still stands on the stage, watching. The smirk on his face slowly fades as he watches the viciousness of the assault. No one comes out to save the newcomer, and the assault continues until Peak decides he has done enough.

Grade: A*

Kyle Rhodes: That was simply awful to watch.

Jason Azaria: Thankfully the TCW Attendants and the EMTs are in the ring now. Benny Benson may have sustained some serious injuries in that assault.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/WolfHawkins_alt3Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/JoeyMinnesotaSmall.jpg

Wolf Hawkins vs Joey Minnesota

6'3 + 235 lbs vs 6'2” + 245 lbs

2 out of 3 Falls Match

If Cornell-RDJ is the rivalry that defined TCW through the past decade, this is the rivalry that will sustain it through the next. The fans are still seething from the Peak beatdown of Benny Benson, and they are hot for this match. Hawkins and Minnesota both come down to the ring looking intense and ready. The man known as “The Philly Phenom” clearly has the support of the fans as he gets a big pop.

The match starts and for several moments, nothing happens. Hawkins and Minnesota stare each other down. The crowd waits quietly, the tension ratcheting up with each moment. Then they both explode with violence, exchanging punches. From there, the extended opening sequence of the match is a seamless flow of chain wrestling that shows off the athleticism and diverse skills of the pair, mixed with some brawling attacks as well. Not to mention great timing. Neither man is able to take advantage, but they do begin to wear each other down. The match begins to descend into a brawl. After a series of kicks and big high knee, Minnesota looks to have “The Prodigy” reeling. He leaps up onto the top rope, and attempts to deliver a Minnesota Salute flying forearm to the wobbly Hawkins. The opportunistic 235-pounder perfectly times a super kick that catches the flying Minnesota square. Hawkins is quick to go for the pin and gets the three count. The first fall to Hawkins and to The Syndicate.

Hawkins smartly goes for a second pinfall immediately, but Minnesota is able to kick out of this one. The following few minutes are all Hawkins, as he punishes his rival and goes for the pin repeatedly to try to end things. Minnesota manages to survive the onslaught, and ducks under a running clothesline, then hits one of his own. Out of nowhere, he locks in his Minnesota Holiday rear choke submission hold. The crowd goes nuts as he squeezes. Knowing the danger, Hawkins surges for the ropes, only to be hauled back to the center of the ring. This is repeated twice, before Hawkins finally reaches the ropes. Minnesota breaks the hold after admonishment from referee Ray Sparrow. Both Hawkins and Minnesota now look quite tired, but they continue to battle, with another back-and-forth brawling sequence. Hawkins hits a subtle low blow, then follows it up with a picture-perfect dropkick. He goes for a quick rollup pin, which Minnesota immediately counters into a roll-up pin attempt of his own. This results in a great sequence of quick-pins attempts and counters. After each competitor has four such quick-pins that are quickly countered, Minnesota grabs a small package that gets the three count. Second fall to Minnesota and the Freedom Fighters.

There is no rest period between falls, but the two competitors take a quick breather. They are both breathing heavy, doubled-over with their hands on their knees. They both remain intense. The subtleties of their expressions have changed however. Minnesota wears a small, confident smirk, while Hawkins has a flash of concern in his eyes. Just past the twenty-one minute mark of the match, they engage once again and head into the final stretch of the match. The confidence of “The Philly Phenom” shines through, as he quickly takes control. Riding a wave of momentum from a second wind, he is urged on by the rabid fans. Hawkins is on the defensive and begins to look desperate. He does get a two-count with a quick charging roll-up but the majority of his offense is countered. After delivering a big pair of suplexes, Minnesota again goes for his top rope finisher and heads to the top turnbuckle in a hurry. Hawkins ducks under this time, but Minnesota rolls through his dive, ending up on his butt on the far side of the ring.... right as Hawkins comes through with his Full Moon Rising running Enzuigiri kick. Minnesota ducks under and takes his opponent down with a flash leg sweep. Behind Hawkins, he locks in the Minnesota Vacation. This time, Minnesota drops to his back and pulls his opponent to the mat, so reaching the ropes is impossible. “The Prodigy” refuses to tap out, but referee Sparrow calls for the bell when Hawkins is obviously unconscious. An exhausted Minnesota can barely celebrate as he's declared the winner, as the TCW Attendants revive his defeated rival.

Joey Minnesota Wins 2 Falls to 1 at 26:01 via Submission

Grade: A

Kyle Rhodes: That was a huge victory for Joey Minnesota and for Ricky Dale Johnson as well.

Jason Azaria: Absolutely. Now on to our next match, here's a little fact you may not know... TCW World Heavyweight Champion Rocky Golden was given the nickname “The Tank” in his early days with TCW due to the amount of punishment he was capable of sustaining in a match.

Kyle Rhodes: It was almost inhuman at times, to be completely honest. But the champ has evolved so much as a wrestler since then. The tenacity and resilience and sheer willpower that earned him that nickname are still an important part of his game.

Jason Azaria: He is going to need every part of that game tonight against a most formidable opponent in “The Living Legend” Sam Keith.

Kyle Rhodes: Absolutely. Keith took Golden to the limit a month ago, at Malice in Wonderland. Anyone who feels that Keith isn't a realistic challenger for the world title due to his age simply isn't paying attention.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/SamKeith_alt12Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/RockyGoldenSmall.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Belts/Small%20Belts/TCWWorldSmall.jpg

6'1” + 235 lbs vs 6'7” + 330 lbs

The man known as “The Living Legend” comes down to the rings to the strains of “Kashmir” by Led Zeppelin. He is in tremendous shape for a 49-year old. On his way to the ring, as he is roundly booed by the fans and cheered by just a few tiny sections, he stops at ringside to converse with a pair of identical young men. Sharing the the blond hair and build of Keith, the pair look like clones of the legend. Indeed, they are quite obviously his twin sons. After a few words, he climbs into the ring. Then “Numb (Encore)” by Jay-Z and Linkin Park hits and the crowd goes wild. Rocky Golden appears on the stage, and the cheering gets louder. The big man grins, holding up the TCW World \Heavyweight championship. Standing 6'7” and 330 pounds, with flowing golden-blond locks, the big champion is the definition of “having a good look”. If a Renaissance sculpture of a Greek god came to life and took up professional wrestling, he would likely look very much like Golden. The champion high-fives fans along the ramp as he makes his way down to the ring. He stops as he is climbing the stairs into the ring, staring at the lovely brunette who is again sitting in the stands. He then climbs into the ring, playing to the fans some more before handing over the world title belt to the TCW official.

After the introductions, the referee calls for the bell and the match begins. It is a slow start. The challenger is dwarfed by the champion, giving up six inches and very nearly a full hundred pounds. Yet the 49-year old insists on testing his strength against Golden. The outcome is obvious. While Keith makes good use of leverage, he is simply overpowered again and again. While the champion could mock or taunt his opponent, he remains respectful. Keith finally grows frustrated and takes the big man down with a legsweep, but “Tank” is back up in a hurry. By using his power and a relatively cautious approach, Golden is able to keep things in his favor. The offense of the champion is fairly basic, built around his power and brawling. It seems only a matter of time before the quick diversity of Keith pays off. It takes a shot to the Golden testicles, which is followed up the big man being yanked down to the mat by his long hair. The ref admonishes Keith, but the challenger brushes him off as he goes to work on the champion. He works to keep “Rock” grounded, punishing the big man and preventing him from using his strength. The challenger goes for a number of pinfalls, but the resilient Golden kicks out of each, though with a bit less vigor each time. Each time it appears that Golden may begin a comeback, he is cut off some dirty trick of the wily veteran. Things begin to look bleak for the champion when he is whipped into the corner, and then after pointing at the sky, Keith follows him in with a big elbow. The legend then delivers his trademark series of big chest slaps. “The Living Legend” gets a big response when he manages to deliver his Neutron Plex suplex. Smirking at his impending victory, Keith goes for his feared Proton Lock finisher. It is difficult, given the size of the champion. Golden struggles, preventing Keith from securing the accompanying reverse necklock. Golden manages to roll over and kicks back heartily, sending Keith sprawling through the ropes to the floor below. This gives the champion time to recover while Keith picks himself up. He has landed right in front of the lovely brunette woman who has been seen at each of Golden's matches for the past month and more. It appears that she says something to him, which enrages the challenger as he yells at her, then climbs back into to the ring. He takes a big flying shoulder block from the champion, who has clearly found his feet again. Its now Keith who is reeling, taking shot after shot from the champion. A big backbreaker just about gets the three count. Keith pulls himself to his feet using the ropes, and when the champion charges, he pulls down the top rope so both go over the top to the hard floor below.

Both men rise slowly. Golden is to his feet first, standing directly before Sam Keith's twin sons. They hurl abuse and garbage at the champion, distracting him so that their father can waylay him from behind. The champion smashes hard into the security barrier. The challenger lines him up again, waiting until the big man's chin is resting on the top of the barrier, then running in for what would be an utterly devastating knee to the champions back. Reacting to a screamed warning from the pretty brunette, Golden moves aside. Keith ends up hammering his knee into the barrier, going down hollering. His two boys look on in horror. Even the champion looks concerned and hesitates. Then realizing they are both close to being counted out by the ref, Golden does what he must, throwing Keith back into the ring. He goes for the pin, but even with a wounded knee, Keith kicks out. Golden then delivers his Rocky Road ganso bomb. He covers and gets the emphatic three count.

Rocky Golden Wins at 24:13 via Pinfall

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/SamKeith_alt12Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/RockyGoldenSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Hired%20Managers%20Small/SaraMarieYork_alt3Small.jpg

Sam Keith, Rocky Golden & Miss Sara

Post-Match Celebration

The TCW Attendants rush into the ring to check out both champion and challenger. The attendants attempt to check Sam Keith's knee, but “The Living Legend” chases them away. He lurches to his feet, glaring at the champion standing across the ring. After a moment, Golden strides across the ring and offers his hand. Keith stares at it, then glares hard at the champion. He says nothing, but simply climbs out of the ring instead. He stays at ringside, speaking to his sons.

After he is announced as the winner and handed back the TCW World Heavyweight championship belt, Golden doesn't immediately celebrate. Instead, he gestures to the pretty brunette. Security officials help her over the barrier and she climbs the ring steps. The champion holds open the ropes for her. She steps inside and embraces the champion. It is obvious that the two are familiar with each other. She then raises his arm in victory. They embrace again, then...

<object width="27" height="25"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="27" height="25"></embed></object>

The music interrupts the celebration. Familiar music to all in attendance. Music that heralds the arrival of one man...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickLaw_alt21.jpg

Rick Law

Displeasure and hatred resounds throughout the Nevada State Armoury for the appearance of Rick law on the stage. The ex-cop sneers at the fans. They mean nothing to him, and haven't for a long time now. Once revered as a defender of all things good, and right, and TCW, he turned his back on all of it – the fans, honesty, justice, and even Total Championship Wrestling – to join Tommy Cornell's Syndicate. They have never forgiven him and he has never asked for forgiveness.

No words are exchanged. No bantering back and forth. Law stands on the stage, staring down at Rocky Golden and the mystery room in the ring. Dramatically, Law points at Golden. Marking him.

Kyle Rhodes: One challenger defeated... and a new one steps forth for Rocky Golden.

Jason Azaria: Here's a little fact you may not know... Tommy Cornell and RDJ have faced each other six times in Best 2 out of 3 Falls matches here in TCW.

Kyle Rhodes: I did know that, Jason. And I also know that Cornell has won five of those six.

Jason Azaria: It was more for the fans at home than for you, Kyle. And that one time that RDJ was victorious was at Malice in Wonderland 2006 when he won the TCW World Heavyweight championship for the first time.

Kyle Rhodes: No world title on the line this time, obviously... but so much more, in a way.

Jason Azaria: Personally, I was quite surprised that Cornell accepted RDJ's challenge. Cornell rarely puts himself into a position where he doesn't have an advantage.

Kyle Rhodes: And right now, its 2 falls to 1 after Joey Minnesota's victory. Ricky Dale Johnson is just two falls away from accomplishing what he's been trying to do for nearly three years – isolate Tommy Cornell.

Jason Azaria: I'm just curious what happens if things ended up tied after this match...

Kyle Rhodes: That doesn't seem likely, Jason...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/TommyCornell_alt5Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/VS/VS1Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/RickyDaleJohnson_alt12Small.jpg

Tommy Cornell vs Ricky Dale Johnson

6'4” + 258 lbs vs 6'4” + 295 lbs

2 out of 3 Falls Match

This one has a big fight feel. Coming off the title match, the crowd is hot. They explode when Ricky Dale Johnson's music hits, escorting the determined-looking Texas down to the ring with bellowing cheers. The reaction is completely opposite for Tommy Cornell. The man who took the title of “Mr. TCW” from RDJ takes his time getting down to the ring, working up the crowd along the way. The sneering Englishman incites the fans further with his every gesture, every look. When he climbs into the black ring, Cornell is all business. He stares across the ring at his eternal rival, sneering and taunting. The crowd is almost frothing for the action to begin.

The bell rings and the crowd goes silent for a moment. The anticipation is palpable. The two veteran grapplers circle each other warily - familiar foes, both unwilling to make the first mistake. They lock up and the crowd erupts. The eruption grows even bigger as RDJ overpowers Cornell and tosses the 6-time champion into the ropes, then glares defiantly at "Rough Justice". The rabid fans begin the chants - "R-D-J" and "Tee-Cee-Dub", a few even breaking out "F*ck you, Tommy, f*ck you!" The fierce rivals engage each other again, with the same result. The match follows a familiar patten, with Cornell going tactical as he uses his superior speed and athleticism, stealing in to attack the bigger Texan, then avoiding the counter. Cornell is shockingly athletic for 255 pounds, but more importantly, he knows how to use that athleticism and speed to his advantage. Especially against such a familiar opponent as Johnson. The opening ten minutes is back and forth, with Cornell holding the advantage but just barely. He works to take away RDJ's base, attacking his legs – especially his right leg. This slows down RDJ and allows Cornell to control more of the action. Things turn completely when Johnson goes for his leaping lariat, only to have Cornell duck under and buck up, sending the 295-pound Texan tumbling upside down into the corner. With RDJ's legs over the ropes in the corner, Cornell quickly hooks them to turn it into a tree of woe. He punishes the fan favorite with kicks, knees, punches, and even a few slaps. Referee Sam Sparrow succeeds in freeing RDJ, who wobbles to his feet, only to feel the wrath of Cornell's Rough Ride finisher – a suplex into a slingshot that results in a big face buster. Cornell goes for the pin, not only grabbing some tights but using the ropes for leverage as well. He gets the three. First pinfall to Cornell.

“Rough Justice” lays into his rival immediately, but RDJ has a renewed fire. Even showing the effects of Cornell's work to his right leg, Johnson is still ready for a fight. He does his best to counter Cornell's diverse attacks with his own brawling offense. It goes back and forth for a time. After Cornell again begins to take over, the crowd reacts massively when RDJ delivers a big spear. He follows it up with a successful leaping lariat, then he delivers a Texas Hold 'Em – an over-the-shoulder backbreaker that ends with Cornell hitting stomach-first into the turnbuckles. Cornell is reeling, while RDJ is unrelenting. He follows up a headbutt with a high knee, driving the 6-time champion to his knees, then a nasty-looking knee to Cornell's sneering mug. An eruption from the crowd as Johnson delivers his Southern Justice Nadowa choke slam. Its a move that Cornell has never kicked out after, and he doesn't this time. Ref Sparrow counts out the three. The match is tied – one fall apiece and well past the twenty minute mark.

The final sequence of the match is a sprint of back-and-forth brawling. Every move looks big and like it could end things. There are several near pinfalls, but they don't go too heavy on the false finishes. Both men make attempts to use their finishers – a second try at Southern Justice is unsuccessful when Cornell kicks Johnson hard in the gut, while Cornell trying for the Guilt Trip sleeper ends up seeing him taking a backward headbutt straight to the nose. Dazed and bleeding from a broken nose, Cornell then takes a big spear. He rolls back to his feet, clutching his ribs and looking angry. This leads to a great sequence of exchanged strikes that culminates in RDJ driving his fist repeatedly into Cornell's ribs. Cornell retaliates with an illegal jab to the throat, earning a warning from Sparrow. Now equally irate, RDJ grabs Cornell by the hair and drives a forearm into his face, but Sparrow tries to separate them as he admonishes Johnson for the hair pull. Cornell times another, stiffer jab to RDJ's throat so that Sparrow misses it. He then gets Sparrow out of the way so he can deliver another Rough Ride. “Mr. TCW” goes for the pin. The crowd holds their breath, willing RDJ to kick out as Sparrow counts out one... two... three... The kickout happens a split second too late.

Tommy Cornell Wins 2 Falls to 1 at 28:55 via Pinfall

Grad: B+

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Staff%20Small/SamSparrowSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Staff/Staff%20Small/ShawnDoakesSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small%20Alt/TommyCornell_alt5Small.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TCW/Workers/Small/RickyDaleJohnsonSmall.jpg

Sam Sparrow, Shawn Doakes, Tommy Cornell & Ricky Dale Johnson

Post-Match

The immediate post-match is chaos. A rarity, Ricky Dale Johnson complains to the referee, trying to explain the illegal shot he took to the throat. Sparrow is trying to listen, but he's being beckoned by the timekeeper. Cornell celebrates, then taunts his defeated opponent, then celebrates some more. The fans boo heartily, as chants of “f*ck you, Tommy, f*ck you” circulate the big arena. Ring announcer Shawn Doakes begins to announce Tommy Cornell as the winner, but he's waved off by the referee. Sparrow heads over to the timekeeper table, where he puts a headset on and discusses something with someone.

The announcers speculate that referee Sparrow must be getting instructions from the Home Office on what should happen now, as both The Syndicate and the Freedom Fighters have 3 falls apiece. The crowd, still noisy, waits with expectations. Sparrow quickly says something to Doakes. Tommy Cornell is finally announced as the winner of the match. However, as the results of the two matches were three falls for each side, the Home Office has decreed that the match will continue with a single sudden death fall to decide the challenge agreed upon by the two sides.

Cornell is irate. More than irate. He gestures angrily, yelling at Doakes and Sparrow as they stand outside the ring. The two can only shrug at the superstar, unable to change the decision made by the unseen but all-powerful competitive committee behind Total Championship Wrestling. When Cornell finally turns around, he takes a leaping lariat from Ricky Dale Johnson. The fans explode with joy. The lariat is followed by a Southern Justice and then a pin. Sam Sparrow slides into the ring to make the three count.

The sudden death fall goes to Ricky Dale Johnson. The Freedom Fighters win the challenge four falls to three.

The Syndicate is no more.

Kyle Rhodes: Tommy Cornell cannot believe that just happened! I cannot believe that just happened! Total Championship Wrestling has just entered a whole new era!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Grade/grade_a.jpg

Okay, so I'm not doing the actual Random Thoughts segments for this one, but I figured I still wanted to do the post-show random thoughts, at least when warranted...

-hopefully the first show lives up to expectations. Not sure if it was a great idea to open up with a pay per view or not, but it felt like a good approach. It sets up a lot, while ending off most of the starting feuds. Or at least moving them to the backburner for now.

-there were 36 predictions for this show, by my count. That's unreal. Given that its the first show for the diary, I guess I better make sure I don't disappoint with this thing. I can't tell you all how great it is to have that kind of support right out of the gates.

-of those 36 predictions, I counted 8 who got all 6 matches correct. Those were Lo-Drew, smurphy1014, benjacko, Eisen-Verse, jhd1, Regis, BYU 14, and TigerKinney. Great work, folks.

-I am actually fairly surprised no one called me on having the Cornell-RDJ match in the main event with the world title match in the semi main event spot. That was done very intentionally, and was actually intended to elicit a reaction. Ah well...

-I realize its just one show - and only six matches - but I hope my vision of TCW starts to come across. Its an aspect of the project that I put quite a bit thought and research into.

Well done. It has to feel good getting an A on a show with the pre-set storlyines. Nice Twist at the end of the Freedom Fighters/Syndicate match. I am very curious as to how you go about splitting them two up for good.

PS I was fooled into thinking the Benson/tornado ladder match would be of the normal set up.:)

That was one hell of a show. As far as the World title match not being the main event goes, I assumed you'd decided that either the Syndicate/Freedom Fighters storyline was a bigger deal or thought that Cornell/RDJ would get a better rating then Keith/Golden, so I let it slide :p

Awesome, awesome show BP! Can't wait to see where this 'new era' takes us.

As I was reading the show, in the back of my mind I was waiting for a 'here's a little fact' from Azaria so I was happy it came up, it's a classic catchphrase if you ask me!

I think jhd1 has some insider information on the picks because he is leading angeldelayette's diary pick list as well. I am onto to you jhd1!:D

If only I could pick lottery numbers as well as these :p

-I am actually fairly surprised no one called me on having the Cornell-RDJ match in the main event with the world title match in the semi main event spot. That was done very intentionally, and was actually intended to elicit a reaction. Ah well...

I think at times it is perfectly OK not to have the main event not be for the World Title, especially if it is for such a personal and long running feud as the Cornell-RDJ one. I would have questioned the move more if the main event was for a midcard belt, instead of the World Title.

Now if the World Title match was not the main event on a regular basis, then I think it does devalue the Championship in the eyes of the fans. And for next month's PPV, you probably should see if Golden has what it takes to actually deliver in the main event. A B is fine for semi main if you follow with a strong main event, but the main not so much and that was against a ring general like Sam Keith. Would he be able to pull off the same, against a fellow 'hoss' like Rick Law ?

Archived