Official MLB Discussion Thread

BHK1978

I came into this thread to rant about this dumb new playoff proposal MLB is floating out there. Half the league in the playoffs, first round byes, a best 2-out of 3 wild card, and a "playoff draft" where the top teams choose their opponents? I already thought Manfred was garbage before this, and he's only digging himself a bigger hole.

I did not hear about this until I just read what you wrote. This sounds terrible. I already hate the Wild Card but it is what it is. I think if you are going to have a Wild Card round it should be the three division winners and the team with the next best record and that is it.

This new format is really going to water down the playoffs. It also increases the chance of a sub-.500 team making it into the playoffs and if said team gets hot at the right time they could win the whole thing.

I also hate how there interleague game played everyday now. I would almost welcome them adding two new teams to the league just to avoid it. I mean sure people want to see Yankees vs. Mets, Cubs vs. White Sox and other classic rivalry series. But nobody is clamoring for the Mariners vs. Reds or games where there are no historical significance.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not hear about this until I just read what you wrote. This sounds terrible. I already hate the Wild Card but it is what it is. I think if you are going to have a Wild Card round it should be the three division winners and the team with the next best record and that is it.

This new format is really going to water down the playoffs. It also increases the chance of a sub-.500 team making it into the playoffs and if said team gets hot at the right time they could win the whole thing.

I also hate how there interleague game played everyday now. I would almost welcome them adding two new teams to the league just to avoid it. I mean sure people want to see Yankees vs. Mets, Cubs vs. White Sox and other classic rivalry series. But nobody is clamoring for the Mariners vs. Reds or games where there are no historical significance.

Rob Manfred is an assclown.

I agree with the scaling back of interleague games. It has become meaningless. As for the playoff proposal? Can we remove this guy? I don't like the one game wild card game. I am with BHK, the 3 division winners and the team in each league with the best record.