BHOTWG- Stepping into the Inferno

Takayuki Kikkawa & Tasuku Iesada vs Shimedzu & Miyamae

Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Elemental III vs Yasunobu Masuno, Yasuhiko Taira & Black Cobra

Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion)

Masaaki Okazaki vs Takayuki Onodera

Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda) vs Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate)

KOF Rules: Mike Watson vs Mitsunari Fuganaga

Marihito Masuko vs Red Panther

Sensational Dragon & American Optimus vs Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji

John Pathlow vs The Incredible Koyama vs VENOM vs White Samurai

Toshiki Shibanumo vs Tiger Fuyuki

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rebellion may be your best tag team, but they are facing two of your main draws.

Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Elemental III vs Yasunobu Masuno, Yasuhiko Taira & Black Cobra

Bigger names win

Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion)

Could see this either way, but SotF seem to be a more polished team

Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda) vs Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate)

most of the rest are educated guesses as I am not very familiar with the japanese scene, especially past the top names.

Predictions Form:

Can't wait for this next Burning epic to get underway!

- I know in your other dynasty Shimedzu won the Burning World belt eventually, but right now ...how can you go against the King of Fighters and the Super 10 Cup winner?

- Part of me wants to vote for Duane Stone, because Black Cobra is so awesome. But when I play as BHOTWG, Masuno and Taira always annoy the hell outta me taking up good main even slots.

- I think it's going to go the other way, especially considering the all round awesomeness that is Kiyaru and Scorpion, but I like the underdogs, and I was always a big fan in your last diary.

- User character against a massive member of Team INSPIRE? Hrm.

- Because Kawate will probably OD within a few days.

- I'm guessing the best way to book Watson is in the MMA sort of style, so this is a way to keep him strong without having him mix with the real main eventers.

- Four letters: P.I.N.K. Masuko is awesome and I love his render, so ha.

- Just for my information, is Black Eagle still backstage poison? Either way, I'm going for the more BHOTWG team over the WLWers.

- Because it's Hell Monkey!

- Filler! I'm just gonna go with the big ol' veteran for this one.

I have to go with main eventers on this one

I simply like Golden Scorpion too much to go other way right now

You didn´t push your user character much in your last diary plus this is midcard vs. main eventer so probably the easiest ine to guess

Snow Lizzard´s looks like a jobber team so no win for them here

Another main eventer vs. midcarder and the result will likely be main eventer winning again

You sayd that Panther isn´t getting big psuh anytime soon so he loses here

Other one´s are total guesses since I don´t have any idea about japanese scene.

Kikkawa holds gold, and Iesada is in line for a shot at the title.

Could go either way, I think, but Nakasawa holds gold, so he should be kept strong. Plus Elemental III is one of my favorites

Mostly because I want to see them get a push

Yeah, I don't see you putting yourself over.

I'm just going to say it: Snow Lizzard sucks.

Mike Watson needs to stay strong somehow

Red Panthers a jobber for now.

I don't think Yasujiro and Kurofugi are going to really go anywhere.

Just because I like him best.

Tiger's a jobber; I see Shibanumo getting a few wins to keep him credible for putting over better wrestlers.

mmmmmMMMMMmmm predictions are delicious:

Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Tasuku Iesada vs Shimedzu & Miyamae

Just a heads up that in your post, Tadiyuki is written as Takayuki Kikkawa

Just a heads up that in your post, Tadiyuki is written as Takayuki Kikkawa

Thanks for the heads up there and I've edited accordingly. I know it's Tadiyuki but for some unconcious reason gave him the same first name as my user character ! Can't see Kikkawa being too happy about that !

Thanks to everyone who has predicted so far (standing at 12 right now), aiming to get the first show posted up sometime during Friday evening.

Kikkawa is back home!!

H-Bomb!!!!

SOTF will always be my favorite tag team.

Your user character ain't no Charles Rainier, lol.

Bulls get the win but I predict a split sooner or later.

Almost no contest.

According to your write-ups, Masuko is on the rise and is only getting better.

Sensational Dragon is a fav of mine.

Pathlow's made it to the big time in Japan finally. He seems to me to have the biggest upside.

Mmmmm. . . toss-up?

Not too familiar with your other BHOTWG diary so if I happen to end up with 1 out of whatever just don't beat me down too much, lol. KUTGW and hopefully you will find someone to fill that Jared Johnson void for me, lol.

Got in before the show! My predictions will be rubbish, but hopefully I'll learn about BHOTGW as we go along...

It looks like these are your top two, especially as one is your champion.

Got to go for the Cobra!

I think these two are the more talented team.

Most of the time, avatars don't get the push.

They are described as one of the best tag teams in the East. Plus, they've both got great beards...

Mike's the more popular by far and although Mitsunari is better at submissions, Watson will probably get a KO.

Simple, he looks like a Power Rangers villain.

I prefer these two?

Complete guess...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BHOTWG-1.jpg?t=1268427909

Burn, Don't Freeze Tour - Show 1

(Monday 1st March 2010)

Sapporo Sports Park, Hokkaido

(Attendance 5'000- Super No Vacancy)

Commentators for the show: Toru Minamoto, Mitsuhide Muro & Katsuhiko Shunsen

Pre-Show

Match A: Junior Division 4-Way Scramble:

A fast paced four way Junior Division scramble that was better than it really had any right to be considering the field here consisted of a debutant, a lower end midcarder and a couple of young lions. The crowd lapped it up though with Koyama in particularly thrilling fans with an impressive plancha to the floor, but it was the debuting John Pathlow who ended up dominant down the stretch, with series of release German Suplexes on both VENOM and Koyama setting up a Blunt Force Trauma (Running Leaping Side Kick) on White Samurai to seal the victory.

Result: John Pathlow [w] bt The Incredible Koyama, VENOM, White Samurai [L] in 7:54 via pinfall (Blunt Force Trauma)

Rating: C+

Match B: Tiger Fuyuki vs Toshiki Shibanumo

A complete change of pace from what went before and it showed, as they went for a mostly mat based contest but given the fact the match was only going to last just over five minutes, this probably wasn't the wisest to go and in the end they never looked like they even got out of first gear, as the veteran Shibanumo suddenly seamed to seal the victory suddenly out of nowhere with the Hammerplex (Bridging Leg Hook Belly to Back Suplex)

Result: Toshiki Shibanumo [w] bt Tiger Fuyuki [L] in 5:10 via pinfall (Hammerplex)

Rating: D

Main Show

A video is shown of what happened at the Final Collison show in December and more specifically Tasuku Iesada winning the Super 10-Cup showing his semi-final victory over the Burning World Champion (reversing the H-Bomb into the Iesada Special III) and then his victory in the Finals over Kinnojo Horri with the Iesada- Lockdown. The general tone of the video is that Burning Hammer are 'under threat' from Team INSPIRE painting the 'invaders' as a dominant faction who seem to be steam rollering the competition.

Rating: B

Notes: Non wrestling segments will be used sparingly on the shows, considering our fanbase pretty much want to see shows with nothing BUT wrestling but this went over fine as an official 'opening' for the new tour.

Match #1: Sensational Dragon & American Optimus vs

Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SensationalDragon-1.jpg?t=1268428262 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BlackEagle_alt5.jpg?t=1268428287

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/BaireiYasujiro-1.jpg?t=1268428305 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HaruKurofuji.jpg?t=1268428325

The first main show match of the new tour, turns out to be a pretty good opener, perhaps one even better than expected due to the fact that the pairing of the WLW alumni turns out to be a pretty good one with Kurofuji's more grounded style proving to be a nice counterbalance to the fluid aerial skills of Yasujiro. One has to think that even though they were never an official team, that on this evidence they must have tagged together at some point in WLW.

However the Dragon Feet 2K9 duo of Sensational Dragon and American Optimus prove to be resillient in their resolve and despite the ex-WLW pair's best efforts the Junior Champion Sensational Dragon proves to be the saviour for his team on more than once occasion, with both Kurofuji and Yasujiro going close with pin attemps on American Optimus with the Typhoon Suplex ( Rolling Release Suplex) and Yasujiro Suplex (Electric Chair German) respectivelty only for Dragon to break it up just in time. It was a swift superkick to Kurofuji's jaw that sets up the Dragon Slice from Sensational Dragon to secure victory for his team, with American Optimus making just enough of a recovery to make sure that Yasujiro was unable to intervene.

Result: Sensational Dragon [w] & American Optimus bt Barei Yasujiro & Haru Kurofuji [L] in 10:06 via pinfall (Dragon Slice)

Rating: B-

Post Match comment's:

Sensational Dragon: Once again I prove just how Sensational I really am. There's a reason they call me SENSATIONAL Dragon, there's a reason I am the man to beat right now in the Junior Division. Whoever emerges in the coming weeks to face me for this title, be it Cobra, Elemental, my old foe Masuko or even my own stable mate American Optimus no one will have what it takes to take this belt away from me.

Barei Yasujiro: OK we came up a little short here, but I'd be honoured to team up once again with Kurofuji-san. In all my career I've never held a tag belt and I saw enough signs for this to be start of a good thing between myself and Kurofuji-san.

Match #2: Marihito Masuko vs Red Panther

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/MarihitoMasuko-1.jpg?t=1268428462 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/PhenomenalE_alt1.jpg?t=1268428482

This was a relatively short and spotty contest between one of the Junior Division's finest in Masuko and an exciting yet flawed midcard talent in Panther. Masuko managed to ground the high flying Panther in the early going but saw an attempt at the Masuko Cradle Shock blocked, with that Panther began to grow in confidence and then suddenly turned things round with a leg lariat. That lead to Panther seizing the momentum with a springboard dive to the floor. Panther then kept up the pressure going close with a standing shooting star press before deciding to go high risk, however the gamble did not pay off as he crashed and burned with a Tumbleweed Leg-drop, as Masuko then took full advantage snapping off a headscissors he was then able to transition into his Pink Dream (Straight Jacket Triangle Choke) submission. With Masuko applying the Pink Dream right in the middle of the ring, Panther was simply left with no other option but to tap out.

Result: Marihito Masuko [w] bt Red Panther [L] in 7:43 via submission (Pink Dream)

Rating: C

Post Match comment's:

Marihito Masuko: Masuko turns focus once again on retaining the title of teamwork with the third incarnation Elemental but Masuko still dreams of being the Junior Ichiban. Masuko can dare to dream, dare to dream the dream of double immortality.

Match #3: KOF Rules:

Mike Watson vs Mitsunari Fuganaga

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/MikeWatson.jpg?t=1268428579 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/MitsunariFugunaga.jpg?t=1268428603

Despite Mike Watson's greater experience in King of Fighter's rules matches, Fuganaga gave Watson as good as he got, trading blows with the bigger Canadian to the point that he really began to wear Watson down, so much so that it provided enough of an opening for Fuganaga to apply the Triangle Choke. However despite Fuganaga's willingness to take the fight to the Team INSPIRE man Watson proved resillient and after managing to power out of the Triangle Choke, seized control by driving Fuganaga hard into the turnbuckle. A rapid flurry of fore-arms followed leaving the RAGE man in a daze. Fugananga survived the first ten count from Okura Umeki but was still in too much of a daze to survive a second after Watson nailed him with the One Stop Punch.

Result: Mike Watson [w] bt Mitsunari Fuganaga in 10:28 via Knockout (One Stop Punch)

Post Match comment's:

Mike Watson (In English): King of Fighters rules....oh yeah this in the domain of the Canadian Assasin, only other's who can dare compete with me in this arena is my fellow Team INSPIRE running buddies, but hey if I get a shot at that belt...I ain't gonna be holding back, no matter how much I respect the hell outta Kikkawa.

Match #4: Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda) vs

Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/EijiHamacho-1.jpg?t=1268428711 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/ChuichiSanda-1.jpg?t=1268428734

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SanetomoShiraishi-1.jpg?t=1268428765 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/SessueKawate.jpg?t=1268428785

These two teams must have lost count the amount of times they must have faced each other over the years to the point that their matches against one another have pretty much settled into being the same formulaic back and forth brawl each time they set forth into the ring.

After about nearly ten minutes of neither team really being able to seize the advantage the fight spills to the floor, it's hear that the Raging Bull's desicively swing things in their favour, with Hamacho driving Shiraishi into a ring-post, that see's Kawate left all alone in the ring to first off eat an Explosion Kick from Chuichi Sanda and then a spear from Hamacho, a combo the Raging Bulls call the Raging Impact.

Result: Eiji Hamacho [w] & Chuichi Sanda bt Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate [L] in 10:41 via pinfall (Raging Impact)

Post Match Comments:

Eiji Hamacho: To be honest I've lost count the amount of times myself and Sanda-san have faced and comprehensively beaten Snow Lizzard. I know I'm no young man anymore but isn't it about time Snow Lizzard looked in the mirror and realise that their time has well and truly past.

Sanetomo Shiraishi: Hey I could sit here and groan about the Bull's resorting to taking me out on the floor but I'm not going to use that as an excuse, this time they beat us. But if they or far too long to know that you win some, you lose some, and when you lose you dust yourself off and bounce back and no knows anything better about bouncing back than my partner Kawate-san.

Match #5: Contenders Circle Challenge Match:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/MasaakiOkazaki.jpg?t=1268428925 vs http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TakayukiAvatar.jpg?t=1268428948

After a series of matches that could be considered card filler, business definitelty picked up with what turned out to be a highly competitive singles match. Starting out on the mat Onodera managed to go hold for hold with the veteran technician Okazaki, but the INSPIRE man managed to find an opening to get Onodera turned over into the Century Crab Lift.

However Okazaki in all honesty went for the hold too early, having not worn down Onodera nearly enough for it to be effective, leading to Onodera to gut it out and then fire back with a flurry of fore-arms after Onodera had forced the rope break. Okazaki soaked up the pressure and fired back with some of his own only for Onodera to plant Okazaki onto the mat with an STO for a two count. Onodera then whipped the INSPIRE man into the corner before charging in with a leaping elbow strike and setting Okazaki up top for a superplex. Okazaki however managed to shove Onodera off but with the top-rope being something of a foreign land for the INSPIRE man, Onodera was able to recover and send Okazaki crashing in wiht a superplex at the second time of asking.

The momentum continued to stay with the Onodera, leading to a close two count with the O2 Suplex (Bridging German). Okazaki then tried to fire back but was quickly taken back down to the mat where Onodera tried to synch in his LRC submission (Arm Trap Crossface) but Okazaki managed to block and then turn Onodera over for a quick pin attempt. Onodera then rolled through but then suddenly got caught in the Angular Arm-Bar. Despite the agony his arm was in Onodera dug deep and began to fight back up to his feet but Okazaki had an answer to that flipping Onodera over with a Northern Lights Suplex and then smoothly transitioning back into the Angular Arm Bar. For all the fighting spirit Onodera still had left, there was simply no escape and in the end for the sake of his own well being Yasuyuki Terakado saw no other choice but to call for the bell, before Onodera's arm would literally be left dangling from his side. As had so often been the case for the past year Onodera gave an established main eventer as good as he got but that still saw him coming up short.

Result: Masaaki Okazaki [w] bt Takayuki Onodera in 14:33 via submission (Angular Arm Bar)

Rating: B

Post Match Comments:

Masaaki Okazaki: There are those that will say that Onodera gave me a tough battle right there, but I have been in many tough battles and quite simply this new generation does not have what it takes to come through those battles. I'll give it to Onodera that he is talented but does he or anyone else of his generation really have what it takes to compete with legends like Kikkawa, Iesada and of course myself ? Do they really have the Burning Fire inside their hearts to go that extra inch, every time they step into the ring ?

Takayuki Onodera: Okazaki-san feel lucky that Terakado-san felt he was looking out for my own well being, because with every last breath I was never going to quit. Team INSPIRE may well be better than any of us right now but one thing they should never label upon myself or anyone else of what they label the 'new generation' is a lack of heart.

Match #6: Junior Tag Title #1 Contenders:

Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)vs

Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesone Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HyosukeKokan-1.jpg?t=1268429112 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/KansukeKonda-1.jpg?t=1268429129

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TheAwesomeKiyaru-1.jpg?t=1268429160 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/GoldenScorpion-1.jpg?t=1268429184

These two teams have faced each other many times before, not as many times as Snow-Lizzard and Raging Bulls have been up against one another but they are very familiar. This match also felt very familiar to the fans in attendance with SOTF coming out guns blazing in the early going only for the BHFS to turn things round like all good heels do with some blatant cheating. Kokan as is so often the case then had to play a vertically challenged Japanese Spencer Marks but miracously managed to survive some admittedly at times rather pretty double teams (a slingshot front suplex from Scorpion followed by a front flip senton from Kiyaru for a two count, was particularly impressive) from the BHFS and got the hot tag into a very fired up Kansuke Konda.

Konda cleaned house and looked to had the match won when he caught Scorpion with the Konda Kutter only for Kiyaru to break it up at the last split second. From there on out the match broke down into both side's trading their signature moves. As the closely fought contest neared it's conclusion Hyosuke Kokan head for the top turnbuckle after a nearfall pin with an Elemental Suplex on The Awesome Kiyaru. But as Kokan set up for the Fore-shock (Front flip senton), Golden Scorpion climbed himself, the Size of the Fight man managed to shove Scorpion off but it proved to be enough of a distraction for Kiyaru to recover and catch Kokan with the Kiyaru Effect (Forward Somersault Stunner) to pick up the victory for his team, as Scorpion held Konda off from making the save.

Solid stuff as always from these two teams, but in all honesty a contest that was a slight disappointment as it was very much a 'paint it by numbers' version of the contests they have had against one another on many previous occassions.

Result: The Awesome Kiyaru [w] & Golden Scorpion bt Hysoke Kokan [L] & Kansuke Konda in 13:33 via pinfall (Kiyaru Effect)

Rating: C+

Post Match Comments:

The Awesome Kiyaru: Tee Hee, Ha-ha-ha Somone felt the effect, in zero two minus someone feels the effect once again !

Kansuke Konda: That was tough, real tough to take...thought we had that one in the bag on several ocassions. I'm at a loss to know how we lost that one. I ain't blaming Kokan-san, I take as much of the responsibility, we succeed as a team, we fail as a team but if we are going to ever regain those belts we need to step up our game. It's been too long, far long since we held them.

Match #7: Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Elemental III vs Yasunobu Masuno, Yasuhiko Taira & Black Cobra

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/HiroakiNakasawa-1.jpg?t=1268429324http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/KinnojoHorri-1.jpg?t=1268429344http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/ElementalIII.jpg?t=1268429375

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasunobuMasuno-1.jpg?t=1268429402http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/YasuhikoTaira-1.jpg?t=1268429453http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/DuaneStone_alt1.jpg?t=1268429483

This one began somewhat chaotically with the Black Heart Brethren trio trying to jump the Burning Sekigun fan favourites early, but Nakaswa, Horri & Elemental III were more than ready for them. With Okura Umeki struggling to restore order, amidst the chaos Elemental III wipes out both Taira and Cobra with an Elemental trademark the Elemental Flying Space Drop (no hands somersault plancha to the floor) but he then eats a big boot from Masuno and when Umeki does manage to restore order it is the BHB trio who have secured the advantage, isolating the perceived weak link Elemental III.

Inevitably the BHB take as many shortcuts as they possibly try to get away with to wear down Elemental III, much to the frustration of Elemental's tag partners who were chomping at the bit to get in the ring. The man carrying the third incarnation of the Elemental legacy showed a will and determination not to give up though and when Cobra planted him with the Stoneplex he kicked out at one and then fired back on Cobra, only for Cobra to cut off the comeback with a pin point drop kick. Cobra then tagged in Masuno who taunted Elemental III to get back to his feet before drilling the heroic masked man with a big boot. An arrogant cover followed, that only made Elemental III more determined to kick out of, before the masked man stunned Masuno with an Enziguri.

But the masked man literally had almost nothing left, and he was unable to tag out before Masuno made a recovery and then scooped Elemental III upon his shoulders to set up for the Day of Rackening but with one last burst of energy, Elemental III countered into a Tornado DDT. That left both men laying on the mat, Masuno tagged out to Taira but before Taira could cut off Elemental III from making the save he managed to get a fired up Kinnojo Horri into the match.

Horri and Taira then engaged in an a back and forth fore-arm exhange, neither one wanting to give an inch, until Taira went to the eyes and then sent the man who claims to be 'A Million Per Cent Burning Hammer' crashing to the mat with a Vertical Suplex but to the delight of the fans Horri showed incredible fighting spirit by bouncing right back up and then planting Horri hard into the canvas with a Horri Spinebuster......

That lead to Masuno making the save and soon things began to break down again with Black Magic slugging it out with Horri and Nakasawa in the ring. The Burning Sekigun pair began to get the advantage only for Black Cobra to intervene and nail Nakasawa with a missile drop-kick. Horri then clotheslined Cobra out of the ring but then that left Horri open to Black Magic's Devastation Drop (Flapjack/Cutter combination) tandem finisher.

That looked to have won the BHB the match right there only for Nakasawa to break it up but with Horri out for the count and Elemental III still a spent force, that left Nakasawa isolated and once again the despised mullet haired powerhouse duo of Masuno and Taira were able to nail someone with the Devastation Drop, or so they though as Nakasawa saw the move coming and was able to block the move before catching Taira with the Nakasawa Neckbreaker. Masuno then nailed Nakasawa with a roaring elbow...only for the World Champion to shake it off and drill Masuno with the Sudden Impact Lariat.

Black Cobra dived back in to make the save, and then proceeded to take unbalance Nakasawa with a basement drop-kick, another drop kick followed and Nakasawa was flat on the canvas, before Cobra synched in the Stone Hold but Nakasawa was able to power out of the submission, only for Cobra to nail the World Champion with another pin point basement drop-kick. With Nakasawa dazed and both Masuno and Taira holding Elemental III and Horri at bay, Cobra set up for his From Canada with Love Swandive Headbutt only for Nakasawa to get back to his feet and then send Cobra crashing back into the ring with the Super H-Bomb, suddenly it was Masuno and Taira being held back from making the save and Nakasawa was able to pin Cobra to seal the win for the Burning Sekigun in a thrilling action packed match that the fans lapped up from start to finish.

Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa [w], Kinnojo Horri & Elemental III bt Yasunobu Masuno, Yasuhiko Taira & Black Cobra [L] in 17:57 via pinfall (Super H-Bomb)

Rating: B+

Post Match Comments:

Hiroaki Nakasawa: I know that tonight I was in the ring with three competitors who are gunning for my World Championship, one I fought alongside and hugely admire and two I respect as competitors but do not respect what they stand for. And it's not just them who will gunning for me, I am the man to beat coming into this tour and I am willing to leave everything in that ring to prove I am the man to beat at the end of the tour.

Kinnojo Horri: I have to hand it to Nakasawa-san, he was the difference maker for us tonight and showed just why he deserves to be the Burning World Champion right now but I know that one day I too will hold that title again and if I faced Nakasawa for the belt, he will know that he I will have brought my very best to the ring.

Yasunobu Masuno: Nakasawa-san, I suppose defeating a man half your size justifies you as some kind of great champion. Fact is Cobra nearly had you beat and if you were left in the ring with myself or Taira-san then it would have very much been a different story.

Match #8: Special Dream Tag Main Event:

Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Tasuku Iesada vs

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TadiyukiKikkawa.jpg?t=1268429634 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/TasukuIesada.jpg?t=1268429656

vs

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Shimedzu-1.jpg?t=1268429674 & http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/Miyamae-1.jpg?t=1268429694

This match pitted two of the top singles stars right now in BHOTWG in the form of King of Fighters champion Tadiyuki Kikkawa and the Super 10 Cup winner Tasuku Iesada against one of the very best teams in Burning Hammer history The Rebellion, would the INSPIRE duo continue to dominate or would The Rebellion's knowledge and skill in Tag wrestling see them cause an upset.

The match as so many main events do started somewhat tentively with both side's wearily feeling each other out, the 'slow build' is a tried and tested formula for puroresu main events (not just in Burning Hammer) and is what they went for here. The Rebellion broke through with the first advantage of the match, managing to isolate Iesada in their corner after a double team drop-kick knocked Kikkawa off the apron. A neat double team that involved Shimedzu stretching Iesad across his knees, as Miyamae came crashing down from the second rope with a double stomp onto Iesada's chest brought a two count, before Miyamae set Iesada up for a Hangman's Neckbreaker only for Iesada to be able to slip out and then counter into a Northern Lights Suplex but he was unable to transition into an Iesada Special as Shimedzu delivered a swift and timely kick to the head to make the save.

Shimedzu then whipped Iesada back into the Rebellion's corner, before Shimedzu nailed Iesada with a roundhouse kick, that sent Iesada into an Enziguri from Miyamae off the apron, that lead to a two count, before Shimedzu ordered Miyamae up top as he set up for the Shimedzu Skull-Drop but Kikkawa seeing enough stepped into the ring, only to be ordered back to his corner by Burning Hammer's newest member of the refereering team Yasuyuki Terakado. The distraction was enough however for Iesada to sneak in a dishonorable low blow on Shimedzu and then nail Miyamae with a stiff fore-arm shot, just as Miyamae leaped back in off the top rope.

Iesada who had been in survival mode for almost the last ten minutes then got Kikkawa tagged back into the match, and the King of Fighters champion proceeded to clean house on The Rebellion, a dominating flurry of brutal strikes and suplexes on both Miyamae and Shimedzu from Kikkawa, lead to Shimedzu bailing from the ring and Miyamae eating a Kikkawa Lariat. Miyamae to his credit bravely kicked out but then found himself isolated in the Team INSPIRE corner as Kikkawa who was beginning to run out of a little steam turned things back over to a rejuvenated Tasuku Iesada.

The Team INSPIRE duo then methodically began to work over Miyamae, specifically targetting his arms, the tactic leading to Iesada locking in the Iesada Special but a recovered Shimedzu broke up the submission with a swift kick to the head before being ordered back to his corner. Iesada then lifted Miyamae up to set up for the Iesada Bridge (Bridging Northenr Lights Suplex(, but using what energy he had left, Miyamae managed to block,slip out and then stun Iesada with a MIYAMAE SPOILER ! (Swinging Reverse STO). Miyamae was too worn down to follow with a cover but the move was enough to leave Iesada stunned enough not to stay on offence and it became a race to see who could tag out first.

Miyamae won the race and Shimedzu delivered a running boot to Iesada before knocking Kikkawa off the ring apron with a leaping fore-arm smash. A swift roundhouse to Iesada, then set the Super 10 Cup Winner up for a Revolution Drop (Twisting Inverted Brainbuster) for a two count. Staying in control Shimedzu then lifted a dazed Iesada up and proceed to slingshot the INSPIRE man onto the top-rope before transitioning into a Falcon Arrow (a move he calls the A-KO arrow) once again Iesada showed fighting spirit by kicking out before Shimedzu dragged Iesada back into the Rebellion's Corner. Shimedzu then suplexed Iesada onto the top-rope, before stretching the Super 10 Cup winner out as Miyamae headed up to deliver a REBEL STOMP !

One.......

Two......

Thr.........

Iesada managed to save himself with a rope break, but the Rebellion were still in control as all Kikkawa could do was look on in frustration. Miyamae then turned things back over to Shimedzu, who then began to set up for the Shimedzu Skull-Drop but the Rebellion had telegraphed what they had in mind and Iesada was able to block the Skull-Drop and shoved Shimedzu into the corner causing Miyamae to lose his balance. Shimedzu then staggered back into a Bridging German Suplex from Iesada but Terakado correctly told Iesada that the pin would not count as Shimedzu was not the legal man.

It was enough however for Iesada to scramble back across the ring and get the tag into Kikkawa, but Miyamae who was the legal man re-steadied himself on the top-rope and blasted the King of Fighters with a missile drop-kick but all it did was shake Kikkawa and the Team INSPIRE leader blasted Miyamae with a Kikkawa Lariat.......

One.......

Two......

Thr......

Miyamae showed fighting spirit by kicking out and then firing back with a flurry of strikes but Kikkawa simply shook them off and cut off the flurry with a rolling elbow, that left Miymae dazed enough for Kikkawa to lift Miyamae up into a vertical suplex to deliver a with almighty force the INCENDIARY TOWER ! (Vertical Suplex Powerbomb)

Miyamae's only hope would be for Shimedzu to make the save, but Iesada had recovered enough to stand guard and as expected Terakado's three count was academic after Kikkawa had pulled out one of his most devastating moves from his impressive arsenal.

The Rebellion had really brought the fight to the Team INSPIRE duo but in the end it wasn't enough and Kikkawa and Iesada were able to edge out what had been a hugely competitve and compelling first main event for the Burn, Don't Freeze Tour.

Result: Tadiyuki Kikkawa [w] & Tasuku Iesada bt Shimedzu & Miyamae [L] in 31:57 via pinfall (Incendiary Tower)

Rating: B+

Post Match Comments:

Tadiyuki Kikkawa: Let that be a strong warning to anyone here who dares to think they can stand in the way of Team INSPIRE, we were the dominant force in Burning Hammer before we were driven out and we are still the dominant one's since we returned and took back what is rightfully ours !

Tasuku Iesada: I hope you were watching that Nakasawa-san, because I wouldn't really take much heart from that if I was you. The Rebellion hit us with their very best and not only did we survive it Team INSPIRE once again showed it's dominance. At the end of this month I face you for the Burning World Championship and believe you me, I will be the one who will survive what will sure to be a war of attrition !

Shimedzu: On one hand I am delighted with the effort myself and Miyamae put out there against two of the very best in Burning Hammer. We were in control for much of that match but on the other hand it was hugely disappointing not to be able to pull out the win our efforts deserved. Maybe next time, because this won't be the last time myself and Miyamae-san get to step into the ring with Kikkawa and Iesada.

Verdict: B

Onodera's View: Well a solid enough start, it won't be enough to convince Kikkawa I am the man for the job, but I doubt I was ever going to win his respect on the first show. To Kikkawa-san's credit he did remain professional in the ring and helped to deliver an excellent main event alongside Iesada against the Rebellion, the semi-main also delivered as the Burning Sekigun delivered a wildly engaging brawl against the Black Heart Brethren. The underdcard was solid enough but definitely could have delivered better, I was particularly hoping for a little more from the Junior Tag contenders match.

Agree about the post match comments, great way to tell a story whilst booking a show that is very heavily match-based. Interesting read overall, very different to anything else I've been following and I shall continue to do so xD

Interviews/promo's tend to be done post match in Japan, like how a sportsman might get interviewed after a game. They aren't really included as part of the show, but some would be included as part of the T.V show.

I am aware that Yuu Onuki is also using the concept for their 5SSW diary (which is very good of what I've read of it) but I did have this idea in place when I began to think about this diary and how I would try to get the characters of the wrestler's across and drive feuds forward, without the promo's being part of the show as such.

Predictions:

I've decided to go with a simple predictions league and whoever has scored the most prediction's point at the end of the tour will win some kind of imaginary prize.

Here is how everyone did after the first show.

<TABLE dir=ltr cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=12 width=305 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="69%" height=0>

Predictions League

</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="31%" height=0>

Pts

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="69%" height=0>

FINisher

Zergon

Sean McFly

Shmoe

Sudo Nym

The Celt

Waghlon

Bigpapa42

Critical-23

Dragonmack

jhd-1

jtnlange

Tweek It

MaxxHexx

smurphy1014

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The match that seemed to split most people was the Junior Tag Title contenders match between Size of the Fight and Black Heart Flying Squadron. I was also surprised to see so many people stump for The Incredible Koyama in the pre-show Junior 4-way, despite the fact I did mention that for some inexplicable reason he is still seen as a young lion.

And of course thanks for all the great comments so far, they are as always very much appreciated.

BHOTWGPuroresu.com

Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods; Burn, Don't Freeze Tour continues on Wednesday 3rd March at the Akita Stadium in Tohoku. The main event see's Burning Sekigun's Kinnojo Horri clash with the Black Heart Brethen's Yasunobu Masuno in a Contender's Circle match as both vie to position themselves for a shot at the Burning World Championship currently held by Horri's ally Hiroaki Nakaswa. Horri gained a psychogical advantage of sorts by ending up the winning team in the Six Man Battle between the Burning Sekigun and the Black Heart Brethren but a one in one showdown with so much at stake between these two heavy hitting juggernauts is a whole different ball-game.

The semi main event puts the spotlight on Burning Hammer's exhilarating Junior Division as Your New Heroes (Elemental III & Marihito Masuko) put their Junior Tag Titles on the line against the Black Heart Flying Squadron of The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion. The 'dream team' of Elemental III and Marihito Masuko have surprised people by gelling into an effective unit but the same was once said of Kiyaru and Scorpion and the Black Heart Brethren duo are very much capable of emerging as the Junior tag champions for a third time.

Takayuki Onodera will get another chance to prove himself against one of the very best in Burning Hammer as he takes on the Black Heart Brethren's Yasuhiko Taira, Onodera came close to upsetting Masaaki Okazaki on Monday but the towering Taira might well be an even tougher challenge. In other singles contests American Optimus faces off with Black Cobra in a Junior Division contenders circle match , World Champion Hiroaki Nakasawa takes on returning veteran Masutaro Kataoka in a non title contest and John Pathlow makes his main show debut against Junior Division mainstay Super Joshuya.

Six Man Battle's also feature heavily on the card with the Dragon Feet 2K9 trio of Junior Champion Sensational Dragon and The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) taking on the RAGE trio veteran Toshiki Shibanumo and Little Fury (VENOM & Yoshii Shiomi), meanwhile the other members of RAGE Mitsunari Fuganaga and The Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda) take on the Tag Team champion Behemoths of (Nisso Yuasha & Kanishoki) and Roku Sotomura. The final Six man, and perhaps the one most anticipated of all see's the Team INSPIRE trio of Tadayuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada and Masaaki Okazaki take on the Burning Sekigun's Tadakuni Toshuai and the veteran duo of Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate). Will Team INSPIRE continue their dominant form or will Toshusai and Snow Lizzard pull a major upset out of the bag ?

Pre show action see's Mike Watson in action against Fukusabaru Inao, whilst Red Panther goes up against Stone Yoshikawa.

Here is a full run-down of the card for Show #2 of the Burn, Don't Freeze Tour-

Burn Don't Freeze Tour- Show #2

(Akita Stadium, Tohoku- Wednesday 3rd March 2010)

World Contenders Circle- Eternal Bad Blood (45 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Burning Sekigun'

Kinnojo Horri

vs

'Representing Black Heart Brethren'

Yasunobu Masuno

Junior Tag Title Match (45 Min Time Limit):

Your New Heroes (Elemental III & Marihito Masuko)

vs

Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion)

Six Man Battle #1 (30 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Team INSPIRE'

King of Fighters- Tadiyukki Kikkawa, Masaaki Okazaki &

2009 Super 10 Cup Champion- Tasuku Iesada

vs

Tadakuni Toshusai vs Snow Lizzard (Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate)

Junior Contenders Circle (30 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Dragon Feet 2K9'

American Optimus

vs

Black Cobra

Single's Challenge Match (20 Min Time Limit):

Takayuki Onodera

vs

Yasuhiko Taira

Six Man Battle #2 (20 Min Time Limit):

World Tag Team Champions- The Behemoths (Nisso Yuasha & Kanishoki) &

Roku Sotomura

vs

'Representing RAGE'

The Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda) &

Mitsunari Fuganaga

Six Man Battle (20 Min Time Limit):

'Representing Dragon Feet 2K9'

Junior Champion- Sensational Dragon &

The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae)

vs

'Representing RAGE'

Toshiki Shibanumo &

Little Fury (VENOM & Yoshii Shiomi)

Non Title Match (15 Min Time Limit):

World Champion- Hiroaki Nakasawa

vs

Masutaro Kataoka

Junior Division Challenge Match (15 Min Time Limit):

John Pathlow

vs

Super Joshuya

Pre-Show Matches (10 Min Time Limit)

Mike Watson vs Fukusabaru Inao

Red Panther vs Stone Yoshikawa

Predictions Form:

Contenders Circle: Kinnojo Horri vs Yasunobu Masuno

Junior Tag Titles: Your New Heroes (Elemental III & Marihito Masuko) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion)

Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada & Masaaki Okazaki vs Tadakuni Toshusai, Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate

Junior Contenders Circle: American Optimus vs Black Cobra

Takayuki Onodera vs Yasuhiko Taira

Nisso Yuasha, Kanishoki & Roku Sotomura vs Eiji Hamacho, Chuichi Sanda & Mitsunari Fuganaga

Sensational Dragon, Shimedzu & Miyamae vs Toshiki Shibanumo, VENOM & Yoshii Shiomi

Non Title: Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Masutaro Kataoka

John Pathlow vs Super Joshuya

Predictions Form:

Junior Tag Titles: Your New Heroes (Elemental III & Marihito Masuko) vs Black Heart Flying Squadron (The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion)

Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Tasuku Iesada & Masaaki Okazaki vs Tadakuni Toshusai, Sanetomo Shiraishi & Sessue Kawate

Nisso Yuasha, Kanishoki & Roku Sotomura vs Eiji Hamacho, Chuichi Sanda & Mitsunari Fuganaga

Sensational Dragon, Shimedzu & Miyamae vs Toshiki Shibanumo, VENOM & Yoshii Shiomi

Archived