~Montreal Aftermath: December 1997 Official Release~

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so if anyone that is on right now has the event logo tv logo etc and the main page packs could they possibly send them my way? if someone could pm me and i will give you my email or just put them up on a sharing site.. that would be much appreciated.

I've managed to get the data but the other three have been a challenge so far. Add me to the list of people who would be extremely grateful if someone could upload this somewhere else. Back to refreshing Rapidshare! ;)

Edit: Finally got through for the pictures.

I've managed to get the data but the other three have been a challenge so far. Add me to the list of people who would be extremely grateful if someone could upload this somewhere else. Back to refreshing Rapidshare! ;)

Edit: Finally got through for the pictures.

Same here, I got the data to work, but the logos aren't downloading. I'm still uploading the people pack for everyone to use.

If you got the logos people, please for everyone else. share them on megaupload or something.

I feel like WCW could use more contracts to express just how insane they were at the time regarding spending and how tough it is to "fix" that ship.

Here's what a quick search of WCW contract info found:

The Giant was making 400K, or about 33K a month.

The Steiner Brothers each had their contracts expire around the same time in early 1999, and were each making about 26K a month prior to that.

Jericho's contract obviously ended in July 1999, and he was making about 19K a month. Eddie Guerrero's deal was set to expire January 1, 1999, (this needs to be fixed), and he was making 21K a month in 1997.

Benoit and Malenko were both earning the same money Guerrero was making, and both were set to have their deals run out at the end of 1999.

WCW's yearly payroll was 36 MILLION as of 1998, with Hogan as the #1 moneymaker at 250K a month, Bret Hart at 165K a month, Hall and Nash closer to 100K a month, with Sting at about 85K a month. I don't have specific numbers for WCW's other top names but I'd bet Luger and Savage were probably making at least 50K a month as well, if not closer to what Sting was making.

On the other side of that, Austin was the top earner in WWF, and stated that he was making 2 million a year, which would be about 165K a month, if true. Mark Henry's million a year was also pretty infamous, but most guys in WWF weren't making anything close to that.

Other notes:

Dennis Rodman is listed as out of the business, even though in the summer of 1998 he was fined by his team when he missed a game of the NBA finals to pal around with Hogan and the NWO, and later renewed his rivalry with the Mailman Karl Malone at Bash at the Beach after winning championship #5. On a related basketball note, Shaq is listed as a future worker, which is fine I suppose but the guy did make wrestling appearances pretty regularly, from being the enforcer at Hogan vs. Flair to making a cameo appearance backstage at WWF Raw in '98 to his confrontation with Big Show this year.

Warrior's overness wasn't close to an A, as he had previously been on WWF as late as 1996 in the midcard and was no longer anywhere near his peak popularity of 90/91. His incredibly weak 98 appearance in WCW supports this.

Kane's popularity really shouldn't be a B this early, as they were still building him up by feeding Mankind and Vader to him while giving him weekly menace angles. For that matter Mankind wasn't all that over in late 97. Maybe B-/C+, but he wasn't really a main eventer for them at the time. WWF at this time had a main event of 3 guys: Austin, Undertaker, and HBK. That was it. Owen Hart, Mankind, Ken Shamrock, even the Rock and Triple H could've been considered main eventers but were far below the top 3 guys.

Ken Shamrock's stats are absurdly low. A C+ for athleticism? A B for stamina? An F- for aerial? Really? Maybe that's where his stats would be in 2010, but in 1998?

The New Age Outlaws also have bizarrely low stats, considering they would be one of the top attractions in the company within six months. Seriously why does Road Dogg have a C- for charisma?

A lot of the women get the short shrift too, with only around 25 active women even being available in North America, and some notable omissions including Leilani Kai, Wendi Richter, Angel Orsini, and more I can't think of off the top of my head. In addition, Sable has zero wrestling skills, which doesn't make much sense as she started competing in matches starting at Wrestlemania and had enough training that she was at least decent at the basics a year later when she was women's champion.

Anyway I haven't tested the data to see how it plays, but those are just the things that jump out at me.

Great work overall and with a few tweaks this could be the mod that finally gets me to stop playing my tew08 saves.

Also I'm looking for a worker in the DB I don't see, a pretty much career jobber who appeared semi-regularly in WWF from the late 90's into 2001-2002 named Mike Bell. Bell's greatest claim to fame beyond a brief run as UPW champion is he was the guy who dropped Perry Saturn on his head in a dark match, causing Saturn to legitimately go after him as seen here:

Anyway Bell would be almost completely a footnote except he was prominently featured in the documentary "Bigger, Stronger, Faster," where his brother researches steroid use in sports. Mike's story is a pretty sad but not all that unremarkable one: he was a little guy who discovered weightlifting as a teen and steroids as an adult, but despite being phyically pretty strong he has a pretty terrible look, isn't very menacing at under 5'10, and so was a career-long jobber in the big leagues. Despite being 35 years old and an almost complete unknown, Bell dreamed of getting another shot at the big time as he watched a guy he used to work out with by the name of John Cena (another former UPW champion) become a superstar. Unfortunately, Bell was found dead in December 2008.

Anyway maybe it's because Horshu's both not that bad in real life and not that tough to get over because he's pretty menacing, I'd like to see Mike Bell substituted as the guy to get the "Heidenreich" push. He's a small, overdeveloped guy with poor skills and doesn't have a particularly marketable gimmick. I'd love to see people get him over. Oh yeah and if that weren't enough he's a steroid and drug user.

Another couple of things iv noticed:

- jeff jarrett only has 64 psychology, which seems really low for jarrett

- scott taylor has a garbage man gimmick

- having played 1 month of the mod twice and simed 3 times wcw and wwf drop popularity everytime which seems strange since there not even global. Also in 1 instance the wwf dropped to cult after week 3

Another couple of things iv noticed:

- jeff jarrett only has 64 psychology, which seems really low for jarrett

- scott taylor has a garbage man gimmick

- having played 1 month of the mod twice and simed 3 times wcw and wwf drop popularity everytime which seems strange since there not even global. Also in 1 instance the wwf dropped to cult after week 3

I just simmed a year and both are Global. Neither ever dropping.

I uploaded the graphics pack here. Like everyone else, I dislike rapidshare with a passion and downloading all three parts (passed on the screen pack) was Internet hell. :p

Another data link here. I won't be uploading the picture file because it's massive and will take more time than I care for, plus others have already uploaded alternates for that.

I've never seen a mod with such high demand before. I've already simmed two years (watching) with the data. It's December '99 and Foley's first book just came out! :cool:

P.S. I only uploaded these because it brought me back to the nostalgic TEW2004 days with TEW-Online.com ;)

I uploaded the graphics pack here. Like everyone else, I dislike rapidshare with a passion and downloading all three parts (passed on the screen pack) was Internet hell. :p

Another data link here. I won't be uploading the picture file because it's massive and will take more time than I care for, plus others have already uploaded alternates for that.

I've never seen a mod with such high demand before. I've already simmed two years (watching) with the data. It's December '99 and Foley's first book just came out! :cool:

P.S. I only uploaded these because it brought me back to the nostalgic TEW2004 days with TEW-Online.com ;)

Thanks Home skillet!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9FSBBX0K

People Pic Pack

Archived