~Montreal Aftermath: December 1997 Official Release~

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely superb work on this mod, you’ve done a great service to a great time in wrestling history.

One very small thing I’ve noticed is FMW has no TV deal; looking around the internet I’m pretty sure they had a television deal of some kind with Samurai TV. If you type FMW and Samurai TV into a search engine you’ll find a list of results for tapings that took place from 1996 up until as late as 2002 so while I am no expert on FMW I think it’s safe to say they had a TV deal during the time that this Mod is set. Whether it was a monthly thing or a weekly show I am not sure but they should have some kind of television representation.

Thanks for a great Mod.

Good work on the mod. MA is my favorite mod year in and year out.

A few things. Debra McMichael's age is off. I believe she should be 37 at this time rather than 22.

And based on some comments in this thread RE Dennis Rodman, I think you are confused on how "left the business" works. Left the business means they are not coming back. They are done for good.

I think what you are looking for is "on hiatus." I'm not sure if this would effect any other workers in the data other than Rodman.

And are you looking for reports of typos?

Absolutely superb work on this mod, you’ve done a great service to a great time in wrestling history.

One very small thing I’ve noticed is FMW has no TV deal; looking around the internet I’m pretty sure they had a television deal of some kind with Samurai TV. If you type FMW and Samurai TV into a search engine you’ll find a list of results for tapings that took place from 1996 up until as late as 2002 so while I am no expert on FMW I think it’s safe to say they had a TV deal during the time that this Mod is set. Whether it was a monthly thing or a weekly show I am not sure but they should have some kind of television representation.

Thanks for a great Mod.

FMW certainly did have a tv show with Samurai TV around this time.they where a touring company so the tv show would show highlights it would run for about 90 minutes a week.

And based on some comments in this thread RE Dennis Rodman, I think you are confused on how "left the business" works. Left the business means they are not coming back. They are done for good.

I think what you are looking for is "on hiatus." I'm not sure if this would effect any other workers in the data other than Rodman.

And are you looking for reports of typos?

I should've been clearer sorry I re-read that and it didn't make sense. If you want to use him change him in the editor to "left the business" to "On Hiatus" then try to lure him back. Rodman was back playing with the Bulls at the time and didn't come back until '98.

I should've been clearer sorry I re-read that and it didn't make sense. If you want to use him change him in the editor to "left the business" to "On Hiatus" then try to lure him back. Rodman was back playing with the Bulls at the time and didn't come back until '98.

Just out of curiosity, why add someone to the data like Rodman anyway, if he's just out of the business anyway. I've never really seen why people want celebrities in the game, anyway. The AI doesn't simulate using them the correct way, and you end up with things like Donald Trump calling Raw. Just my opinion, though!

On a more positive note, I'm really enjoying playing this data Genadi, so thank you very much for all the hard work you've put in to it!

Just out of curiosity, why add someone to the data like Rodman anyway, if he's just out of the business anyway. I've never really seen why people want celebrities in the game, anyway. The AI doesn't simulate using them the correct way, and you end up with things like Donald Trump calling Raw. Just my opinion, though!

On a more positive note, I'm really enjoying playing this data Genadi, so thank you very much for all the hard work you've put in to it!

For the most part I find them fun and the celebs I add have always played an if not major definitely memorable role. Take Rodman, Malone and Butterbean who is now in this mod, I think a big part of having fun with the mod is due to the memories we have of the time it's set. Anything that helps recapture that imo is a good thing and the positives outweigh the negatives. I make sure people like Trump don't run RAW in my mods. Celebs are usually inaccessible in my mods unless edited otherwise. They're there merely for the people (like myself on occasion) who use them if they wish.

Thanks, good to hear you're enjoying :)

Thanks guys will update.

FMW certainly did have a tv show with Samurai TV around this time.they where a touring company so the tv show would show highlights it would run for about 90 minutes a week.

this should be a very late night slot i think as FMW's product was very extreme death matches.

Don't wanna nag on a subjective subject ...but just wanted to say the potentials on some guys seem off. I was just editting them all out and jotted down a couple that when written down next to each other don't make a lot of sense...

Bret Hart - Very Low (Many top guys in the business are actually set to this, so there is a pattern so probably a reason)

Bobby Duncum Jr. - Average

Bobby Roode - Very Good

Charles Wright - Low

Chavo Guerrero Jr. - Low

Chris Hero - Excellent

Colt Cabana - Very Good

Droz - Average

Jay Lethal - Excellent

Mike Sanders - Average

Necro Butcher - Low

Orlando Jones - Average

Rey Mysterio Jr. - Average

Rob Conway - Low

Rob Van Dam - Low

Sean Morley - Low

Sylvan Grenier - Good

The Undertaker - Average

Tony Mamaluke - Very Good

Travis Tomko - Very Good

This doesn't taken into account people like Goldberg who is about to become the biggest star on the planet in six months that are set to random. I don't know... Rob Van Dam being lower than Mike Sanders, Rey Mysterio lower than Mamaluke, Jay Lethal and Chris Hero with more potential than anyone in wrestling... it just seems a little inconsistent and thought I'd bring it up.

Don't wanna nag on a subjective subject ...but just wanted to say the potentials on some guys seem off. I was just editting them all out and jotted down a couple that when written down next to each other don't make a lot of sense...

Bret Hart - Very Low (Many top guys in the business are actually set to this, so there is a pattern so probably a reason)

Bobby Duncum Jr. - Average

Bobby Roode - Very Good

Charles Wright - Low

Chavo Guerrero Jr. - Low

Chris Hero - Excellent

Colt Cabana - Very Good

Droz - Average

Jay Lethal - Excellent

Mike Sanders - Average

Necro Butcher - Low

Orlando Jones - Average

Rey Mysterio Jr. - Average

Rob Conway - Low

Rob Van Dam - Low

Sean Morley - Low

Sylvan Grenier - Good

The Undertaker - Average

Tony Mamaluke - Very Good

Travis Tomko - Very Good

This doesn't taken into account people like Goldberg who is about to become the biggest star on the planet in six months that are set to random. I don't know... Rob Van Dam being lower than Mike Sanders, Rey Mysterio lower than Mamaluke, Jay Lethal and Chris Hero with more potential than anyone in wrestling... it just seems a little inconsistent and thought I'd bring it up.

Agreed.... Definitely needs to be addressed.

Ahh I thought there'd be a few potentials left in that wouldn't work as intended and the ones you listed randomfreeze are ones I will fix. I like to set everyone to random unless there's a very good reason to do otherwise (workers who have hit their peak for example). I know guys like RVD and Rey Mysterio were young in '98 but I don't think they improved a great deal from that point which is why they have "Low" potentials. A guy like Batista for example may be older but his best years were definitely in front of him. That's only my opnion though and I don't want to make everyone play based of my thoughts :p

I will fix for next update and you guys can chnge if you like :)

Impressive!

I apologise for the fairly long post, there is a point to it - honest!

Despite having played TEW since 2005, I still struggle to have any long-term success with promotions larger than Regional. I guess thats just where my strengths are - I've played many mods where I've had success as an indy by building up nobodies to the verge of them going somewhere in their career, then watching them go on and make it at a larger promotion. Thats fine, I enjoy seeing that side of things and it can be easy enough to stay profitable. Playing this mod though, the vast majority of players will go as either the WWF to see if they can regain top spot, or as WCW to see if you can hold off McMahon and maybe even put the WWF out of business in a matter of years as happened to them themselves.

I want to see how I get on as the WWF, but I was unsure about the kind of matches that were common on Raw at the time so after a little digging around on t'interweb, I came across the matches that were actually on that night.

December 1, 1997 - RAW:

Taka Michinoku def Aguila,

D'Lo Brown vs Recon vs Chainz vs Miquel Perez ended in a No Contest in a 4-WAY,

The Rock def Vader by Count Out to retain the IC title,

Brian Christopher def Scott Taylor by default,

Ahmed Johnson vs Jeff Jarrett ended in a No Contest,

Hunter Hearst Helmsley def Jim Neidhart.

Taken from http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/results/raw/1997.php

According to the heat ratings from advanced booking those lineups (couldn't do HHH against Neidhart as he's already at WCW in the mod database, so just booked HHH against a To Be Announced), there's one clear main event (HHH vs. TBA - 68), two fairly big matches (Rock vs Vader - 60 and Johnson vs Jarrett - 53), a small match (the 4-way singles - 21) and the other two with 15 and 12 which would be an option for possible dark matches.

While I realise the show rating would probably end up fairly low with a main event heat rating of 68, the fact that the ratings more or less follow the TEW formula of Main Event, 2 Semi-Main Events and a couple of minor matches shows that this mod is pretty well balanced in my view.

Cheers great feedback, the lameness is explained a few posts back.

Oh sorry :p

Just downloaded the data and took a look of some dudes, but I think it's just great when every game is different. Then I did notice that not everyone had a potential set, but I just tried to erase them all. Other than that (and Kane's brawling :p) this mod looks absolutely fantastic, way better than in TEW08 in my opinion. Hehe.. The world beware, the Brain is taking ECW to whole new level!

I just realized that Jericho and Lance Storm have no friendship or any relationship at all between them. Excluding their tag team, that's in there.

In Jericho's book he goes into great detail about how great of friends he was with Lance when they trained together and came up through the indies.

Oh sorry :p

Just downloaded the data and took a look of some dudes, but I think it's just great when every game is different. Then I did notice that not everyone had a potential set, but I just tried to erase them all. Other than that (and Kane's brawling :p) this mod looks absolutely fantastic, way better than in TEW08 in my opinion. Hehe.. The world beware, the Brain is taking ECW to whole new level!

Next update all those guys will have potential set to "Random". :)

Thanks Jaysin you're right I'll add that relationship.

I apologise for the fairly long post, there is a point to it - honest!

Despite having played TEW since 2005, I still struggle to have any long-term success with promotions larger than Regional. I guess thats just where my strengths are - I've played many mods where I've had success as an indy by building up nobodies to the verge of them going somewhere in their career, then watching them go on and make it at a larger promotion. Thats fine, I enjoy seeing that side of things and it can be easy enough to stay profitable. Playing this mod though, the vast majority of players will go as either the WWF to see if they can regain top spot, or as WCW to see if you can hold off McMahon and maybe even put the WWF out of business in a matter of years as happened to them themselves.

I want to see how I get on as the WWF, but I was unsure about the kind of matches that were common on Raw at the time so after a little digging around on t'interweb, I came across the matches that were actually on that night.

Taken from http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/results/raw/1997.php

According to the heat ratings from advanced booking those lineups (couldn't do HHH against Neidhart as he's already at WCW in the mod database, so just booked HHH against a To Be Announced), there's one clear main event (HHH vs. TBA - 68), two fairly big matches (Rock vs Vader - 60 and Johnson vs Jarrett - 53), a small match (the 4-way singles - 21) and the other two with 15 and 12 which would be an option for possible dark matches.

While I realise the show rating would probably end up fairly low with a main event heat rating of 68, the fact that the ratings more or less follow the TEW formula of Main Event, 2 Semi-Main Events and a couple of minor matches shows that this mod is pretty well balanced in my view.

Interesting and thanks :)

I've not got the game open right now but I recall there being a fairly important tag team missing... and I THINK it was Hart Foundation [bret and Neidhart]. Pretty sure it was them that was missing, and if not then something in that ballpark :p Sorry I couldn't be more specific, I'll check next time I'm in the game if that's not the one I'm vaguely recalling being missing.

I've not got the game open right now but I recall there being a fairly important tag team missing... and I THINK it was Hart Foundation [bret and Neidhart]. Pretty sure it was them that was missing, and if not then something in that ballpark :p Sorry I couldn't be more specific, I'll check next time I'm in the game if that's not the one I'm vaguely recalling being missing.

It is the Hart Foundation.

Archived