~Montreal Aftermath: December 1997 Official Release~

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hell yeah, it has a lot of demand it was a great period and it was a great mod for 08. I would think it is in the top 3 for me. Right now I'd rank it maybe as high as one as the other 2 I like probably won't be out for months if ever.

Thanks guys please remember stats are subjective that's why thee's an editor.

The WWF IC & European Title were moved to The Rock & HHH on puropse to avoid both straps sitting idle and the AI handling them whacky. If you want to change it back feel free it'll take you 10 seconds. :)

If people are still having problems downloading any files please let me know and I'll try to re-up on another site.

The WWF IC & European Title were moved to The Rock & HHH on puropse to avoid both straps sitting idle and the AI handling them whacky. If you want to change it back feel free it'll take you 10 seconds. :)

If people are still having problems downloading any files please let me know and I'll try to re-up on another site.

No one has the screens by Togg, I dont think Carlito, I know i dont.

I've been looking this over for a while now and I must say that I'm very impressed. It's even better than I had hoped.

The only somewhat significant issue I have with it is that I'm not sure I like the default storylines. Why do we have to follow exactly what happened in real life? What if we want Goldberg to stay a midcarder or not have the Steiners break up, for instance? It's not a huge deal, though, since we can always delete those from the editor before we start the game.

Again, great work. I'm going to lose a lot of hours playing this and I'm going to enjoy every one of them. :)

I totally agree ;) it only took me about 20-30 minutes to do minor tweaks to what i thought needed to be done.. which is awesome compared to what you had to do to make this.. I thank you so much for the mod of the century! lol

I was in and out all day with work today so didn't have any time to reply but I will now for anyone with concerns over some things in the data....

HBK Back Injury Narrative - Mentions he was injured at the royal rumble but theres no garentee that michaels will wrestle at the rumble or even still be with the wwf, so maybe rewording that narrative may be more aproppriate

He was at the start of a 4 year written contract and was WWF World Heavyweight and European Champion. I think it's a fair bet to say he'd be appearing at the 2nd biggest PPV of the year. In fact by early December Rumble with HBK was already being advertised.

HBK Retires - Mentions a gruelling wwf schedule, again theres no garentee that michaels will be at the wwf at the time, so another reword maybe just removing wwf would be better

Yes there is mate, he's on a written contract. Unless you edit WWF to go bankrupt it's guaranteed he's with them. I know the injury in the Casket match may not have happened if the time was done over but from all the reports I've read it was just a breaking point for his back which had been worn down alot over the years due to his high impact style. HBK leaving at that time was such a huge event and changed alot in the WWF and wrestling as a whole. I felt it had to be added and replicated. Anyone who disagrees.... editor ;)

WWF Product - The product seems realy off for the following reasons

Very Vocal Fanbase? - I thought if was more of a ECW type of fans

Sponsorship - Current product makes getting sponsorship tough doesnt seem correct for the WWF

TV Time slots - WWF products only allows us to get a late night or graveyard tv time slot which isnt right

Networks may need a little tweaking then as I'm prety confident with where WWF are set. They definitely had one of the most vocal fan bases ever during the Attitude era. I'm sure those who lived through it remember the drunk front rows at RAW, I used to watch the crowd just as much as the ring action back then some of the fans were that crazy! This was the fan base who greeted the WWF's brightest young clean cut babyface with "Die Rocky die" and "Rocky Sux" chants. The list goes on.

I disagree iv always been a fan of JRs commentary since the late 80's early 90's but i whilst i agree that he may not have 'hit his stride' i dont agree that they should bring down the match grades

JR's announcing is set at 96%, his rep is only at 80% to leave room for the growth in that stat he had over the following years. The only chemistry set in the data is between JR & King which is "Neutral" to avoid them having bad chemistry.

Again though if you're a fan of someone and think they deserve a better stat unless it's like 3 grades out of whack just change in the editor please. For everyone who's a fan there's two more people who are probably a critic of said worker.

Megumi Kudo should be set as retired as she did just that in April 97

Bull Nakano should be semi-active despite retiring in 97.

Combat Toyoda. Also retired. 96 if im not wrong.

Miwa Sato got a pretty obvious typo in her bio.

And FMW, despite me just asking you to retire two of its joshi workers, still had a women's division. Something which they dont have in-game.

And NJPW, of the four shows you've put in, why couldn't the 4th of January Tokyo Dome show be in too? Speaking of that, maybe its worth putting the importance of the four shows to be Above Average, simply to distingiush (spe...) them from what other events the AI will make.

Great feedback thanks dude!

I feel like WCW could use more contracts to express just how insane they were at the time regarding spending and how tough it is to "fix" that ship.

Not sure if you've played yet but have you looked at the contracts, certain guys have had their contracts modified to ensure they're getting insane dollar, Hall, Nash, Savage, Hogan, Mark Henry are amongst those names. TEW doesn't work in $ = $US so some things had to be taken into consideration. Changing one persons contract in game can have a domino effect that reaches parts of the mod you don't want it to, ie. roster pushes firings, hirings etc.

Other notes:

Dennis Rodman is listed as out of the business, even though in the summer of 1998 he was fined by his team when he missed a game of the NBA finals to pal around with Hogan and the NWO, and later renewed his rivalry with the Mailman Karl Malone at Bash at the Beach after winning championship #5. On a related basketball note, Shaq is listed as a future worker, which is fine I suppose but the guy did make wrestling appearances pretty regularly, from being the enforcer at Hogan vs. Flair to making a cameo appearance backstage at WWF Raw in '98 to his confrontation with Big Show this year.

The data is set Dec '97, he had left the business at that time to return for a playoff run with the Bulls. If you want to lure him back do so thorugh money or the editor.

Warrior's overness wasn't close to an A, as he had previously been on WWF as late as 1996 in the midcard and was no longer anywhere near his peak popularity of 90/91. His incredibly weak 98 appearance in WCW supports this.

I disagree with a few things you said there but it's all opinion. Again, editor.

Kane's popularity really shouldn't be a B this early, as they were still building him up by feeding Mankind and Vader to him while giving him weekly menace angles. For that matter Mankind wasn't all that over in late 97. Maybe B-/C+, but he wasn't really a main eventer for them at the time. WWF at this time had a main event of 3 guys: Austin, Undertaker, and HBK. That was it. Owen Hart, Mankind, Ken Shamrock, even the Rock and Triple H could've been considered main eventers but were far below the top 3 guys.

Unfortunately you can't assign only 3 people to the main event in TEW. Stats

for WWF workers overness I'm very happy with and won't be changing much at all if any. There is an editor for those who disagree.

Ken Shamrock's stats are absurdly low. A C+ for athleticism? A B for stamina? An F- for aerial? Really? Maybe that's where his stats would be in 2010, but in 1998?

Yes 1998 that's where he was. If you disagree there's an editor.

he New Age Outlaws also have bizarrely low stats, considering they would be one of the top attractions in the company within six months. Seriously why does Road Dogg have a C- for charisma?

Because I don't think he showed much more then that at the time. He was over due to a hot WWF product which his gimmick fit perfectly with, rolling with one of the hottest stables in history and good mic skills, all of which are represented in his stats. More importantly though, it fits with the rest of the data but if you're unhappy with it.... there's an editor.

Anyway I haven't tested the data to see how it plays, but those are just the things that jump out at me.

Thanks for your feedback Lazorbeak but please remember there's an editor for stats that you don't agree with :)

Anyone notice a theme? :p

Guest cmdrsam
What is this editor you speak of? :p Nice work even to just fill everything up with pictures alone. Thank you for putting this togethor and to those who helped with this. Really have been playing Cverse only but for some reason this one kinda grabbed me. Gonna take it for a drive and see where it goes. But again thank you for putting this togethor.

Psychology stats, in general, seem low compared to Cornellverse. For active workers in the US, there are only 9 above 90, compared to 16 in the cornellverse. In Cverse, the #27 worker is an 82, whereas in this data, the #27 worker a 72. Not sure who needs to be changed, or if you consider this a big deal, it's just a noticeable disparity. Everything else looks great so far... much better than I expected. Never played this mod before... looking forward to it!

Selling also looks a bit low overall... but only by about 5 points. Not 10, like in psychology.

Man. You really nailed this data from what I can tell. I'm much more impressed than I expected.

Edit: My problem is I would much rather play as the underdog, but I would also rather play as WCW. I might switch it up a bit to make it easier for the WWF. It's crazy to think about how inconsistent WCW's product was, but they just hit some perfect ideas... NWO, cruiserweights, Sting becoming a megastar just by NOT wrestling, etc.

Psychology stats, in general, seem low compared to Cornellverse. For active workers in the US, there are only 9 above 90, compared to 16 in the cornellverse. In Cverse, the #27 worker is an 82, whereas in this data, the #27 worker a 72. Not sure who needs to be changed, or if you consider this a big deal, it's just a noticeable disparity. Everything else looks great so far... much better than I expected. Never played this mod before... looking forward to it!

The mod has 1,200 workers C-Verse has over 2,000. ;)

Man. You really nailed this data from what I can tell. I'm much more impressed than I expected.

Thanks, hope you enjoy :)

The mod has 1,200 workers C-Verse has over 2,000. ;)

Whoops. I should have specified that I was only referring to active wrestlers who are eligible to compete in the USA. In this case, the Montreal data actually has more than the C-Verse- 683 compared to 580. But the Montreal data has significantly less workers with good psychology.

You can keep it that way if it's your choice, just thought I would bring it to your attention.

Whoops. I should have specified that I was only referring to active wrestlers who are eligible to compete in the USA. In this case, the Montreal data actually has more than the C-Verse- 683 compared to 580. But the Montreal data has significantly less workers with good psychology.

You can keep it that way if it's your choice, just thought I would bring it to your attention.

Ahh okay well that does change the way I look at it. I actually went through and redid that stat only a few weeks before release to be even harsher then I was. We had a great discussion here on the boards about it and my opinion was changed on how the stat should be apllied in TEW. However, if enough feedback comes in about it causing problems I'll look at an overhaul but I don't think there's many guys I'd raise in the stat at the moment.

Ahh okay well that does change the way I look at it. I actually went through and redid that stat only a few weeks before release to be even harsher then I was. We had a great discussion here on the boards about it and my opinion was changed on how the stat should be apllied in TEW. However, if enough feedback comes in about it causing problems I'll look at an overhaul but I don't think there's many guys I'd raise in the stat at the moment.

Fair enough. I know I'll be doing a lot of editing of that stat in particular before I actually play the game. I feel like it's leading the match ratings to be a lot lower than they "should" be (obviously all personal opinion). I did all my comparisons by comparing eligible active workers in the US between this mod and the default data, and they were remarkably consistent. Psychology was the only area I found lacking.

I find that mods I've played tend to have too low of psychology, while often having too high of other stats. This one seems to be great on most stats, but I would argue too low of psychology. Obviously, editor for me. :)

I feel like it's leading the match ratings to be a lot lower than they "should" be (obviously all personal opinion).

Now that's a different story, if this is the case it may very well need tweaking. A bit lower and I wouldn't be concerned but alot lower isn't good. Please anyone who agrees with soundsofsilver after some play time let me know. Examples would be great to then I'd know which workers need tweaking as opposed to raising everyones pysch by say 5%.

Actually. My opinion on that didn't matter. I just compared it to a month of Cornellverse and it doesn't seem far off at all.

I haven't played much TEW 08/2010... I've spent more time in spreadsheets than in the game on both of them. I don't know much about match ratings on them I guess.

I just thought WCW's ratings were a bit low, considering it was a boom period for the industry. But my statement has no backing. So I retract it until further notice.

Archived