~Montreal Aftermath: December 1997 Official Release~

Needs some serious adjusting.

Considering there's been adjustments made and not one piece of feedback about it I have to say you're wrong.

I find it odd you claim the mod needs "some serious sdjusting" because you find it too difficult. If you're going to make an assumption like that I'd suggest taking the time to read the entire thread. If I would've changed this mod everytime someone complained about it being hard it'd be like nearly every other TEW RW mod of past.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
only about 20 active wrestlers in the game are even capable of calling a match.

And... ?

Being able to call a match (to a high standard) on the fly, in the ring is a hugely rare trait. Especially when you look at the people on the Big Three's rosters; you have HBK, Bret, Flair, Taker, probably a few others that COULD do it but then you have drink/drug issues with your HBKs and Flairs.

There aren't many that could do it, and going outside those three in the US/Canada, you'll find guys that can do it now in real life but in '97? Be hard to find more than a handful you could even make a decent argument for.

I haven't ventured too far outside the US but Japan and Mexico do have a few guys that can do it. If EVERYONE could call matches in the ring, it'd be silly. Hell, even if a large minority could it'd still be unbalanced and untrue.

---

As for it being difficult... um, yeah. The Monday Night War wasn't won by skipping around hand-in-hand just throwing guys out there on a whim. There was a lot of skill, judgement and (probably most of all) luck that went into it. Two out of the three you'll need to bring to the table, the other you have to hope for. One tip though: don't do a comprehensive drug test on the WCW roster; the results will tank the locker room morale :D

Anyway, there are still small details I don't completely agree on but that's personal opinion for the most part. Fantastic mod, from the most entertaining era I can remember.

I like what happens when you drug test the WCW roster

http://i42.tinypic.com/30ka654.jpg

Lol that is a lot of names but the sad thing is that it is realistic that, that many people were doing some kind of drugs, drinking, etc that would have their names come up on a drug testing list.

Lol that is a lot of names but the sad thing is that it is realistic that, that many people were doing some kind of drugs, drinking, etc that would have their names come up on a drug testing list.

I wasn't dogging the data or anything, it definitely is realistic, just a portrayal of how screwed up WCW's locker room was

I wasn't dogging the data or anything, it definitely is realistic, just a portrayal of how screwed up WCW's locker room was

Yeah I know. I wasn't trying to say that you were and my bad if it came off as that. I was laughing at how bad wcw was at this time with drugs and stuff, it's kinda sad

I'm actually thinking about a small overhaul of WCW's workers personalities. The biggest task booking that company in that time should be from keeping the backstage atmosphere from exploding imo. The game I'm playing at the moment backstage is far too easy to control and my booking rep is at Low even.

Agreed Basics may need a little tweaking up for some major guys, I was extra harsh with performance stats, maybe a little too harsh. :)

I like what happens when you drug test the WCW roster

http://i42.tinypic.com/30ka654.jpg

Not sure if you're using the latest version but I did an overhaul of drug stats for workers to prevent a crazy amount of booking notes etc, concerning them. From the games I've played using WCW it's much more realistic now with only guys like Hennig, Hall etc being punished a small amount for their habbits. :)

I hope you fix the character perfomance stats (is that what you meant too?) too, because they are really harsh.

Wasn't planning on it but if you provide some examples of guys who are rated too low as always I'm happy to look into it.

Wasn't planning on it but if you provide some examples of guys who are rated too low as always I'm happy to look into it.

This is just in general:

If we look at the CornellVerse, almost everyone has an "A" in some of the character thingies, if not, they have atleast B or B+. Have a look at it yourself if you want "proof", but I think it's set that way because a gimmick that is C+ and lower gets penalized, so almost nobody has the character thingies where nothing would rate above C+. I picked random guys and didn't find a single active male wrestler with less than C+ in some category. When I look at your data, I see people with C+ as their highest, and some don't even have that (examples, Roadkill, Lance Storm, Spike Dudley found a guy named Dean Jablonski, Russ Haas, Ultimo Dragon, Tajiri, Super Dragon) don't know if those are the best examples, but looking at the CornellVerse and then your crew's data, you haven't really been too generous with the statistics. And I am not trying to "bash" your data, but I think you could very well like give RVD an "A" in ****y, maybe raise HHH's Wholesome rating etc. But tl;dr, be generous with those stats, as that is what Adam is currently doing :)

Still a great mod though, and of course, these are just personal opinions of mine.

This is just in general:

Cheers I can see what you mean will definitely take a look and make some changes.

Still a great mod though, and of course, these are just personal opinions of mine.

Thanks I appreciate them. :)

Guest Spark
Just want to say thanks for all the hardwork you have put into this mod. Going to start a dynasty using it so many thanks :)

OK guys i've somehow lost my mind. What do I do after I download the data and get the zip files. I cant seem to get it in the game. I truely have lost my mind.

Thanks for the help

- Open TEW

- Click "Create Database" inside the "Editor" link at the top

- That will create a folder with the name you give it, for example "MA 1997"

- You then put the data unzipped into the MA 1997 folder in the Database folder

Hope this helps?

I'm actually thinking about a small overhaul of WCW's workers personalities. The biggest task booking that company in that time should be from keeping the backstage atmosphere from exploding imo. The game I'm playing at the moment backstage is far too easy to control and my booking rep is at Low even.

I've always been of the belief that most real world mods overrate personalities too much. I've never seen a mod which has a backstage at a normal level starting out. It's always 100.0%. And every mod I've ever tried has about 70% of the locker room come up as being a positive personality influence.

I really feel that should only be used in extreme cases, like Tommy Dreamer's or Mick Foley's or good guys that are locker room leaders who everyone likes and are good people. There's no reason why people like Spike Dudley or Van Hammer or Kidman or Evan Karagias should be good influences, they should just be people with average personalities who show up to do their job and don't contribute anything negative or positive to the locker room.

I agree with the sentiments above that some of the ratings in this mod are too harsh. It's pretty hard to put on an entertaining match without two top of the line workers in a match. I love this mod, and have for years, but I'm finding the way a lot of these workers have been skimped on with their ratings makes it a headache to play. :(

I agree with the sentiments above that some of the ratings in this mod are too harsh. It's pretty hard to put on an entertaining match without two top of the line workers in a match. I love this mod, and have for years, but I'm finding the way a lot of these workers have been skimped on with their ratings makes it a headache to play. :(

I think all the ratings are just about perfect. A bad mod is a mod that overrates everyone. This one puts everyone down to earth, realistically. It's very much in the spirit of C-Verse, which is exactly the way this game is obviously meant to be played.

I've always been of the belief that most real world mods overrate personalities too much. I've never seen a mod which has a backstage at a normal level starting out. It's always 100.0%. And every mod I've ever tried has about 70% of the locker room come up as being a positive personality influence.

I really feel that should only be used in extreme cases, like Tommy Dreamer's or Mick Foley's or good guys that are locker room leaders who everyone likes and are good people. There's no reason why people like Spike Dudley or Van Hammer or Kidman or Evan Karagias should be good influences, they should just be people with average personalities who show up to do their job and don't contribute anything negative or positive to the locker room.

Agree. Every real world mod I have ever played has this same problem. We look at the default SWF and we have 18 positive/negative influences, 9 of each. There are 9 relationships, and one is negative. And the overall backstage rating? Considering you would have 5 in each User Talents, it's 83.9%

Time Warner itself didn't own WCW directly, as it was owned by TBS, which while a part of Time Warner, was different to TW.

Negative, when the Time Warner merger with TBS finalized in 1996, TBS, while autonomous in a way in the Time Warner conglomerate, was consumed into the corporate umbrella.

So, in respects to the time frame of this mod, WCW should be owned by Time Warner.

Archived