Pro Wrestling The Music Volume I

Stennick

So we've discussed music for our favorite C Verse workers. I thought I'd make a thread discussing our favorite pro wrestler's themes. Past, present whatever.

I noticed this the other night in TNA. They have AWFUL theme music, you can't hear most of the music at all and about the only one I only somewhat enjoy is Abyss or his music a few years ago I have no idea what it is these days. I also find it ironic Hogan's music is the only one you can hear clearly when he comes out. The rest seem to be faint background noise.

Anyway I loved me some WCW themes. The WWF always seemed to start with some sort of catch phrase "You smell what the Rock is cooking" "I'm an assss man" "The Hooooo Train" "Hello Ladies" "Oh you didn't know?", Mankinds car crash. Don't get me wrong it did wonders for the crowd to pop or boo but I enjoyed WCW's take on themes a bit more. Some of my favorites

Rey Mysterio's March of Death

Chris Benoit's

Eddie's Heel Theme

GOOOOOLDBERG

2nd to last Horseman Theme

nWo

Malenko's theme

Juvy Juice!

And maybe the best of all the Hollywood Blondes/Blitzkrieg Theme "From the COOOOSMOS" ahhh good stuff. Personal Favorite

Agreed on the vast majority of TNA's songs. I find they have a knack for getting sounds to them, (Which, they should, given that they're all "cover" versions of real songs) but the lyrics are always terrible, if they have them.

One exception though, that I really really love, is Raven's Scream. I have it on my MP3 player.. :p Just fits him to a tee.

What Darth? You mean its hard to find on YouTube? Have you even searched? There's a guy who's been uploading tons of puro entrance themes. I can even count three or four versions of Honno no Fighter which also happens to be a personal favorite.

What Darth? You mean its hard to find on YouTube? Have you even searched? There's a guy who's been uploading tons of puro entrance themes. I can even count three or four versions of Honno no Fighter which also happens to be a personal favorite.

Lol, 2 seconds on YouTube and all those 'rare' songs are there in multiple vids :-P

Not really a wrestler but Kazushi Sakuraba had a great 'Japanese Wrestling' theme music...this is one of my favourite entrances ever (Skip to 4:40 in the vid):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUfqa8zLdYg&feature=related

Wrestling wise, personally I always thought that ECW and WWE did a great job with matching actual songs with wrestlers. Couple of my favs:

Rhino: Dope - Debonair

RVD: Pantera - Walk

Justin Credible: Grinspoon - Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck

Randy Orton's current theme (is that even an actual song?)

Tommy Dreamer: Alice in Chains: Man in a Box

As for original themes, Mike Awesome's 'Awesome Bomb' song always made me smile...

"Six-feet-six, angry and mean/A living, breathing war-machine!"

not youtube.... I should've put down mp3..... oh well. it was late.

Archived