Official 'Who You Buried and Why?' Thread

Wait, you're talking about BSS and are shocked that someone made an attempt at a funny about him? Seriously, what part of this aren't you getting?

You're talking about being dissappointed in the worker that's well-known as the biggest pain of the ass in the game, and that the same roidfreak has rage issues and frequently attacks people backstage, and you're wondering why anyone would dare post an "inappropriate answer to the thread"? Because, as often as it happens, BSS going into roidrages and beating people up backstage is FUNNY. So I'm yet to post anyone I've buried in this thread, big deal. That shouldn't ban me from going "Really, BSS goes into a roidrage and bludgeons people with baseballs backstage?! Ya don't say!"

lol i dont play this game alot.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's Batista / HHH popularity like after that? :p

Lower-midcard. A few wins burying high momentum upper-midcard guys (specially pushed from mid-card during the month of HHH/Batista burial) gets them back up to upper-mid in 2/3 shows, drops the upper-mid guys back to lower-card/opener so it all balances out nicely.

Lower-midcard. A few wins burying high momentum upper-midcard guys (specially pushed from mid-card during the month of HHH/Batista burial) gets them back up to upper-mid in 2/3 shows, drops the upper-mid guys back to lower-card/opener so it all balances out nicely.

How are you able to pull that one with trips? He has creative control when the game starts, i presume he hasn't give up on it...so, how do you pull that one with him? I sometimes find it hard to book him to lose against ME's, so imagine booking him to lose against newcomers. He even refused to lose to Jericho and Show on a tag team title match where he partnered with michaels in my game. So i would like to know what's your "secret". :D I will assume that you slowly burried him until the time to renew his contract, then signed him when he was just an upper midcarder and that made him relinquish the creative control and now he jobs just like the others. Am i right?

How are you able to pull that one with trips? He has creative control when the game starts, i presume he hasn't give up on it...so, how do you pull that one with him? I sometimes find it hard to book him to lose against ME's, so imagine booking him to lose against newcomers. He even refused to lose to Jericho and Show on a tag team title match where he partnered with michaels in my game. So i would like to know what's your "secret". :D I will assume that you slowly burried him until the time to renew his contract, then signed him when he was just an upper midcarder and that made him relinquish the creative control and now he jobs just like the others. Am i right?

I'd go with the far simpler - edited his contract in the editor. Voila!

Correct, I'm not keen on creative control on guys I want to bury :D But yes, that sounds like a plan if you dont want to edit details

Indeed! I don't like to make things easy by editing. But that's me.

This makes me want to play the Montreal Aftermath mod as WCW. How many of their workers had creative control back then? Most of the main eventers I'd imagine. Having to book around the egomaniacs is something I haven't ran into with TEW '10 because I always keep a happy locker room. The only reason I don't is because of how time consuming it is to play an International / Global promotion with two weekly shows and a massive roster. :(

I didn't really bury him since I didn't even use him, but this was the ultimate dirty trick: sign Joey Poison (SWF head booker) to a written deal, wait for his contract to run up with SWF, and then fire him. He's 41 years old in 2018 and I've never used him in any of my games even though he's one of the cooler looking guys in the CVerse.

The reason was of course to steal their head booker (I never had any intentions of pushing him or even using him) and give them a few problems.

Anyone else ever done that to a rival promotion 'just because'? :)

My biggest bury would have to be The Hollywood Blonds (Austin & Pillman). Playing as WCW in a 93 mod I pushed the blonds to the stars pushing close to the Main Event by 1994 and held the tag titles. However when their contracts came up neither wished to negotiate instead signing with the WWF. So in their last month they dropped the titles to the Steiners before jobbing every show to low level tag team talent and make shift teams. Overness dropped them down to lower mid-card and 3 months after signing both where released by the WWF. Revenge is sweet :D

I found this interesting. Can someone remember real life situations where people that jump ship from WCW to WWE (or vice versa) were jobbed out in the final period on their contract and were eventually released from the company that they signed with? I can't recall any right now, but i'm sure i'm just not remembering them. There arae probably lots of those type of cases.

Getting back on topic: John Cena. In every game i do i job him until he's just over enough to sell hot dogs. :D However, after i bury him in the worst ways i can i don't fire him (at least most times i don't) so i can find new ways of torturing him and to avoid other promotions from hiring and pushing him.

I hate when people get suddently over, who should not be over!

in my roh 2002 game, i'm in late 2004, and Devon Storm aka Crowbar is one of the independents most over workers...i got pissed, since Joe has not reached half his fame..

He's now in jobber camp at ROH....Losing to everyone :D

I hate when people get suddently over, who should not be over!

in my roh 2002 game, i'm in late 2004, and Devon Storm aka Crowbar is one of the independents most over workers...i got pissed, since Joe has not reached half his fame..

He's now in jobber camp at ROH....Losing to everyone :D

Wouldn't the smart move be capitalising on his sudden overness? :D

Matthew Faith... your time has come. Your constant abuse of steroids and the fact that NOBODY on the roster has shown up abusing any type of drugs (medium policy) for years now - only you. I sign your dad to the company (giving him fat stacks of cash and boosting your morale) and he's probably the one providing the juice to you. You won't be leaving because I've invested to much ****ing money and time to just let you walk out and become a mega star with SWF. I know TCW won't take you because your skills aren't even close to amazing... I've just been able to hide them, ya Taz wannabe.

So the plan has been set and the stage is ready... for who?! Prince Pryce. A dependable worker who has an excellent set of basic skills. He's a year older than Faith (22) being 23. He intrigues me because he's originally from Florida but moved North to train with NOTBPW greats at the House of Stone. He was with them for a while until I executed some 'narratives' on the entire wrestling industry a few years ago - North America was hit badly with economic and wrestling woes. The promotions themselves took some dips as well due to 'unknown higher forces'. :p

I've been using him as a project. When I grabbed him he wasn't very known in the US but was a glorified jobber in Canada. His skills were good enough to tag him with popular workers (when my product was still performance heavy, it's changed to popularity heavy now) and not kill the entire rating.

Now it's time to put that little SOB over and piss Matthew Faith off... sending him a very LOUD message. Directly after the show he'll be going on a 6-month vacation. When he returns? Another 2-month vacation. This will see him return sometime before MAW The Night Of The Champions XIV and he'll have 6-months left on his contract. At that point I'm hoping he's cleaned up his act. An 8-month vacation to hopefully attend rehab (in my dreams) and get working on a better workout regimen that doesn't require the juice.

I want you to be the face of MAW, buddy. But I cannot have you dragging our prestige through the mud every time you get caught. I loathe you right now. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

He will be dominated, buried, and forced to submit. Your popularity is going to take a major hit... considering USA Free Choice (big) covers our PPVs in the US. We get 0 percent of revenue from them, but we have a medium deal in Canada, small in Mexico, and very small in Japan that we do get a percentage of. I had us doing Internet over DVD sales for years, years, and years. We have 10 workers on written deals so we're also able to run a house show in the areas we never go to. I only hold TV and PPVs in the US... it's all about the big payouts. :D

Sadly, Rich Money.

He had 92 overness and >90 momentum when his contract came up for extension. He wanted nothing less than $80,000/month, main event title run, no house shows, travel expenses, creative control and 25% PPA and 25% merchandise bonus.

Obviously Eisen won't allow me to pay that much. So Mr. Money has been on job duty ever since, losing to Vengeance, Enforcer Roberts, Squeeky McClean and Marc Dubois.

I think i'll bury him in his last match against the Bumfholes. ha!

Now his overness and momentum are in the sixties. TCW can have him for all I care. I have already stolen Eddie Peak from them and am basically planning to raid their UMC over the next few months.

And to think, that had only Rich Money signed the contract extension, he would have been one of my franchise players for at least 3 more years.

Sadly, Rich Money.

He had 92 overness and >90 momentum when his contract came up for extension. He wanted nothing less than $80,000/month, main event title run, no house shows, travel expenses, creative control and 25% PPA and 25% merchandise bonus.

Obviously Eisen won't allow me to pay that much. So Mr. Money has been on job duty ever since, losing to Vengeance, Enforcer Roberts, Squeeky McClean and Marc Dubois.

I think i'll bury him in his last match against the Bumfholes. ha!

Now his overness and momentum are in the sixties. TCW can have him for all I care. I have already stolen Eddie Peak from them and am basically planning to raid their UMC over the next few months.

And to think, that had only Rich Money signed the contract extension, he would have been one of my franchise players for at least 3 more years.

Now that he is less over, you can probably re-sign him... assuming he's not so furious with you about jobbing that he won't. Lower overness = lower demands. :)

Now that he is less over, you can probably re-sign him... assuming he's not so furious with you about jobbing that he won't. Lower overness = lower demands. :)

Yep I know, which will probably stop me from officially "burying" him, because after that he'll hate me for life :p

But given that my last contract offer to him was unsuccessful, he won't negotiate for six months at any rate, and I am expecting TCW or one of the other big promotions to snap him up in that time.

I'm not even two months into a WotI game, and I've already got the burial machine running full tilt. Angle suddenly signed with one of the other WWFs- I was too nervous about giving up on getting him back and too dedicated to having reasonable storylines that all I did was job him out to Matt Hardy, who's established himself as a solid UMC. I'm about to bury X-Pac, since he was a pain about negotiations and has somehow become a recommended ME. He's been kicked out of DX, will help HHH get his momentum back on track, and then will spend the rest of his tenure helping my precious few midcard heels get over. Grandmaster Sexay is my happiest story- after failing two drug tests in a single week right after I'd decided to push him, I turned him into Kane's whipping boy. The resultant heel turn and feud with Rikishi has catapulted Kane to an ME spot and A* momentum! I'm actually going to change my title plans because of it. >_>

I buried Team 3D in a feud with The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards). Their behavior (mainly Brother Ray) was unacceptable. They kept starting fights, being late and openly disrespectful to my disciplinary decisions.

I buried them so badly they requested their release. I refused, then jobbed them out more, even to my enhancement talent. After about 6 months of continued losing, I decided to give them another chance. Brother Ray found jesus and Brother Devon's behavior improved.

• 5 weeks later...

I didn't use the burial note... but it's not like it was necessary under the circumstances. Hernandez wanted $70,000/mo and Chord wouldn't let me go higher than $65,000 for him. I really expected him to be someone who would be with us forever but Jay is cheap and TCW stole him. He leaves the company tomorrow and he probably hates me now.

http://lrodzen.me/images/imajerk.JPG

Oh well. :rolleyes:

JD Morgan. Let's face it, pal... you have good performance skills, but your tech skills are deteriorating with age. You're a drunk with bad knees, also. Gordon Leve will continue to make you tap until you retire or until your contract expires. Heck, I might give Lenny Mochin a win against you. Teach the young workers who are the future of Ring of Fire, JD! DO IT!

Pretty much anyone who leaves me...i signed Sam Pratt to my promotion, he signed with HGC so as a farewell treat he jobbed to Rhino Umaga & Samoan Machine in a handicap match, then straight after got buried by Remo.

Archived