(Un)Official Movie thread

critical-23

<p>Like the title says, this is unofficial because I am stupid with two o's! THis crap has been bothering me for a minute and since this is the off topic area, I figured I might as well throw this out here:</p><p> </p><p>

There are a few movies whose ending I just do not understand. The first one is The Usual Suspects. I mean, I see Kevin Spacey's not really a cripple guy but is he actually Keyser Soze (whose name I've misspelled just now) or what?</p><p> </p><p>

I guess the base of this topice is to have someone explain this ending and/or ask about the ending to another movie that they themselves do not understand.</p>

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the beauty of The Usual Suspects is that you are left to draw your own conclusions. There is no right answer, it's left unexplained.

The popular theories are:

- Kint (Spacey) was Soze and was playing the cops the whole time. He also uses the persona of Kint to get up close and personal on jobs. The people he is working with will be more likely to let their guard down around Kint as he isn't a threatening character, this way Soze knows who to trust.

- There is no such thing as Soze, but Kint is a criminal mastermind who uses the Soze myth to full effect to get things done.

- Kint is just a crafty individual who made everything up using the visual cues in the interview room to get out of police custody.

- Kint is just a crafty individual who made everything up using the visual cues in the interview room to get out of police custody.

Now, this part I remember and understand. And with your explanation I get the ending a little bit more. Thanks. And I encourage anybody else to jus throw out a movie!!!

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70249

Saw this a while back, don't know if it'll still do.

Appreciate the link but I droppped this post as to see the endings to movie(s) whose ending that some people just don't get and that someone else can explain. The Usual Suspects (even though I watched this masterpiece for the first time three months ago) has been on my mind for a while and I figure someone on the almighty Internet can help me out and like I said before, I encourage anyone else who wants to understand a crazy movie's ending to post here as well.:D

What was up with the ending to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? The movie was a pretty good movie until the ending came and made absolutely no sense IMO.

Really? It was the ending that didn't make sense, but the rest was good?

As South Park pointed out, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg prison raped Indiana Jones.

Really? It was the ending that didn't make sense, but the rest was good?

As South Park pointed out, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg prison raped Indiana Jones.

As much as I hate South Park, I agree with the show on this.

I don't even consider that to be an official Indiana Jones movie. Partly because Shia Labeouf was in it but also because the first three movies were just so great.

I don't dislike Shia Labeouf, but he does seem to make a lot of movie worst. Instead of being focused on what the movie should be focused on (Fighting Robots, Jones, etc.) they end up focusing on him. It just doesn't add up to me.

I agree, certain actors kill movies for me, I don't care how good a movie is (And the last Indiana Jones was not.) if that person is in the movie I makes me not want to see it. Shia is one of those actors, you can also throw Ashton Kutcher, Keanu Reeves, and Martin Lawrence into that boat as well.

The ending of Oldboy was somewhat vague. Was Oh Dae Su smiling, or crying?

Both. Choi Min-Sik (the actor who played Oh Dae Su) was instructed to smile/laugh and cry/grimace at the same time, to play into the film's mantra of "Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone".

It's another film with a deliberately ambiguous ending. The viewer can decide off their own back if ***SPOILER IN WHITE***he had his mind erased so that he could continue the relationship with his daughter, or simply to forget everything.

I love this film. Shelled out £80 for the limited edition. It comes in a big purple box with a purple ribbon around it, just like the box that Oh Dae Su gets with the photo album at the end of the film. It has all three 'Vengeance Trilogy' films, a blueprint for the custom pistol in 'Lady Vengeance', some still frames from all three movies and my personal favourite, a replica of the claw hammer from the infamous tooth-removal and corridor fight scenes, with a bottle opener on it.

The ending of Oldboy was somewhat vague. Was Oh Dae Su smiling, or crying?

Is this the movie where (and sorry to sound vague) a guy is trying to get revenge? I think I have seen the scene where he is fighting a bunch of thugs one by one but his age is sort of slowing him down and another scene where he cuts out his toungue or something? I am sorry to sound so vague, lol.

Is this the movie where (and sorry to sound vague) a guy is trying to get revenge? I think I have seen the scene where he is fighting a bunch of thugs one by one but his age is sort of slowing him down and another scene where he cuts out his toungue or something? I am sorry to sound so vague, lol.

Thats the one. It's a brilliant film, definitely one to watch if you haven't already.

I don't get the ending to Fargo. He talks about two types of stamp but for the life of me I don't know what they are. Guessing an american thing.

I haven't seen that movie, but is he talking about food and postage stamps?

Guest canyoudothecancan
I don't get the ending to Fargo. He talks about two types of stamp but for the life of me I don't know what they are. Guessing an american thing.

Thy Orange is unaware of the americans.

I think the beauty of The Usual Suspects is that you are left to draw your own conclusions. There is no right answer, it's left unexplained.

The popular theories are:

- Kint (Spacey) was Soze and was playing the cops the whole time. He also uses the persona of Kint to get up close and personal on jobs. The people he is working with will be more likely to let their guard down around Kint as he isn't a threatening character, this way Soze knows who to trust.

- There is no such thing as Soze, but Kint is a criminal mastermind who uses the Soze myth to full effect to get things done.

IMO the ending is pretty obvious and these 3 things you said are all truth.But i do think that the movie was heavilly overrated.

Archived